As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"The Law of Nines", or what the fuck is wrong with Terry Goodkind??

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    tough crowd

YaYa on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    yaya write me a story about a dude with wolves for feet

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The plumber that isn't a plumber

eeeeeeeeevil pirate plumbers

Ivar on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    nah I'm doing stuff

YaYa on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    yaya write me a story about a dude with wolves for feet

I'll do this if you're down

Shorty on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    no wait I changed my mind.

Shorty on
  • Options
    MerrickMerrick Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    If you do not like it, Then do not fucking read it. Twerps like you make reading a good author almost impossible. Weak minded individuals who would prefer to get the story from your misrepresented point of view can suck dick as well. I hope like hell you actualy paid for the book and regret it from your words on it. I have read cover to cover The Law of Nines and it is in essence pure Goodkind. I am a fan of his and relish all his works as what they are: Fictional writing from a very creative author. You on the other hand read little more than the synapses and think you are fucking educated in the work of this author. Get real kid and read the whole thing before you try knocking the story which does in fact have to do with the Sword of Truth. I hope for the sake of all readers (true readers) that you will in fact finish the book and repost if you do not like the story that is fine. Every one is entitled to an opinion from time to time. but at least give a book more than a few chapters to prove it self, Damn.

As always an avid reader,

Merrick

Merrick on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    reading all the synapses

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    what did I even post in this thread

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What
    What is this. What's happening?

oh, well, nothing worth remembering.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    still mad no one wrote me a story about a person with wolf feet

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    True readers, UNITE!

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Merrick wrote: »
    If you do not like it, Then do not fucking read it. Twerps like you make reading a good author almost impossible. Weak minded individuals who would prefer to get the story from your misrepresented point of view can suck dick as well. I hope like hell you actualy paid for the book and regret it from your words on it. I have read cover to cover The Law of Nines and it is in essence pure Goodkind. I am a fan of his and relish all his works as what they are: Fictional writing from a very creative author. You on the other hand read little more than the synapses and think you are fucking educated in the work of this author. Get real kid and read the whole thing before you try knocking the story which does in fact have to do with the Sword of Truth. I hope for the sake of all readers (true readers) that you will in fact finish the book and repost if you do not like the story that is fine. Every one is entitled to an opinion from time to time. but at least give a book more than a few chapters to prove it self, Damn.

Merrick
    plz don't sign your posts, mate.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, hell, the 14 month, 3 day anniversary of the creation of this thread seems like a good enough reason to respond to it.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    first goodkind book, (i think it was sword of truth, i was about 13), awesome fantasy book. I enjoyed it immensely. A little edgy for my tender mind, but very entertaining. Slowly, I grew up continuing to read his books, and then eventually stopping.

The man is an excellent author (for 13 year olds)

He writes the male version of twilight.

NotYou on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    nas you just a hater

you been reading all the synapses of the thread and not the actual thread

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    According to Emily Post, that's the "lock" anniversary.

Lucky!

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    fartbutt.me

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The First book was pretty good

the second, so-so

continuing diminishing returns on the next six or seven that I read

he's obviously milking the series for cash, at this point

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN EDUCATED

DUBH, OUT

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Merrick please drop me a line at benstillerfaggot69@verizon.com and we can work out what this community can do for you.

signed,

gaymuslim42069

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    a male version of twilight is pretty accurate actually
    its garbage and Goodkind is a hack
    also when i read an entire book about how awful communism is i realized hang on what am i doing giving this man money

RubberAC on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man I don't know how I didn't put it together when this thread was first around, but essentially this book appears to be a riff on the extremely famous film 'Future War'

Only with less dinosaurs

Which I think we can agree is a shame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d-qDX0yt1c

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Why in the fuck do I have a blue dot on this thread

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    RubberAC wrote: »
    also when i read an entire book about how awful communism is i realized hang on what am i doing giving this man money

hey now

whoa now

are you a commie sympathizer?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Man I don't know how I didn't put it together when this thread was first around, but essentially this book appears to be a riff on the extremely famous film 'Future War'

Only with less dinosaurs

Which I think we can agree is a shame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d-qDX0yt1c

How many more times

Do I have to ask you

To marry me

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If I told you the magic marriage number that would spoil everything

The trick is you never know til you get there

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Better keep going then

Also I want everyone to be aware that the hero of Future War is one of the upgraded Agents from The Matrix Reloaded

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I believe I summed up this event a year ago with this post

Dichotomy wrote: »
    what the hell is going on

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Merrick wrote: »

Terry

Who else would even care?

edit: this thread was worth it just for Future War!

Jishian on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I read the Sword of Truth series

oof

Though I liked the idea of an institution dedicated to trying to figure out all those prophecies that those crazy wizards kept spewing, instead of the typical isolated crazy and unheeded hermits

Seriously on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Umaro wrote: »
    Didn't Stephen King already do this.

yup and even he managed to fuck it up after four strong books.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I still think all of the Dark Tower series was pretty rad

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I still think all of the Dark Tower series was pretty rad
    Agreed. The whole "Dr. Doom and Harry Potter" thing didn't do much for me, but other than that I liked the last 3 books. It takes a wild swing from what the other books were, so it took some getting used to, but I dug it. Doesn't seem to be the consensus among King/Dark Tower fans though. Oh well!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Guys, if I ever get to the point where I'm writing fanfiction, and attempting to pass it off as legitimate literature, please shoot me.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Haha I forgot how fucking weird the middle of Wolves of the Calla got

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Guys, if I ever get to the point where I'm writing fanfiction, and attempting to pass it off as legitimate literature, please shoot me.
    Is this in reference to King or Goodkind? Cuz King has made a point of not calling anything he does legitimate literature. Goodkind I ain't know shit about.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    terry goodkind is a fucking hack of a writer with political ideals that an idiot would roll his eyes at and he deserves to drown in wasps for trying to trick me into reading past book four of his awful, awful fucking series.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    seriously, fuck goodkind, he's a cunt and i hope he burns in a pony-tail related house fire.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Certain writers inspire me to write

But it's guys like Goodkind that make me think I can make a living as a writer

I mean if this motherfucker's books sell like hotcakes, standards can't be that high

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Certain writers inspire me to write

But it's guys like Goodkind that make me think I can make a living as a writer

I mean if this motherfucker's books sell like hotcakes, standards can't be that high
    Unfortunately, this philosophy rarely, if ever, pans out.

Houk the Namebringer on
This discussion has been closed.