• Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So at what race do you win that?

deveric on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think it is at level 35? At that point a new challenge is unlocked, and you supposedly have to beat three time trials.

Google searching is difficult since not a lot of people have it, and there seems to be a lot of mis-information.

EDIT: General consensus is that the event is unlocked at level 30, the car is unlocked at 35 automatically.

But don't take my word for it, as I don't have it yet.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Had a chance to play this in 3D over the weekend (I've got the TV, my friend has the game). It looks utterly stunning, I think my order of a Wheelstand Pro and this game is edging ever closer!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Does anyone know where to access the "Data Logger?" There's an achievement for looking at it, but I can't find it in the menus.

EDIT: Never mind. I think it is accessible at the end of a race.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »
    I think it is at level 35? At that point a new challenge is unlocked, and you supposedly have to beat three time trials.

Google searching is difficult since not a lot of people have it, and there seems to be a lot of mis-information.

EDIT: General consensus is that the event is unlocked at level 30, the car is unlocked at 35 automatically.

But don't take my word for it, as I don't have it yet.

Level 30 opens the event, with three different versions for all bronzes, silvers and golds. Level 35 B-Spec gives you a free one (Sebastian Vettel's Red Bull livery), which I think is the same as the bronze prize, although I can't confirm that. Level 40 allows you to buy what I believe is the silver prize version (plain livery, multiple colours to choose from), for 20,000,000 credits. Gold prize is a carbon fibre one.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    kyleh613kyleh613 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The 3 time trials that win you the car when you bronze them all are impossible. You have to be some sort of robot to win those. But once you hit level 35 you get the car for free.

kyleh613 on
  • Options
    Gotcha ForceGotcha Force Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Gotcha Force on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Speaking of screenshots, I was able to get ahold of a copy of Gran Turismo HD Concept. GTHD only has a few cars and one track (Eiger Nordwand), but it was cool seeing the differences between the track from circa-2006 to retail GT5. The biggest difference is the addition of a Pit Lane in retail, but there are a ton of small differences. GTHD has considerably more trees, and the trees have more planes than retail.

GTHD doesn't have any sort of screenshot function, and I don't have a capture card, but I tried to recreate some of the older GTHD screenshots I found online with GT5 so you could see the major differences between the two. GTHD is on top, retail GT5 is on the bottom.

The turn before the bridge:
    92837920061130screen009.jpg

eigernordwandshorttrackv.jpg
    The asphalt doesn't blend into the shoulder in retail, the bridge walls were changed, and retail's turn is a bit softer due to the Pit exit (which also added the yellow paint on the road). The GTHD trees in the far background look much better as well.

Just before the tunnel:
    92837920070102screen068.jpg

eigernordwandshorttrack.jpg
    Where did the trees go?

The train station/restaurant:
    92837920070102screen059.jpg

eigernordwandshorttrackc.jpg
    The obvious addition being actual trains, but I think it's cool that you can see the same winding dirt road in the background.

(Can someone quote these for me?)

Other than that, GTHD's cars still look pretty good, even though they're aliased like crazy. The physics are considerably different from GT5 proper, though. The cars feel more squirrelly, and for some reason the game defaults to a TCS level of 10.

Kinda cool seeing the evolution from GTHD to GT5P and finally to GT5. I wish I had a capture card and could take some better screens.

Quoted for jail

Why jail-worthy?

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Smokestacks is jailed. He quoted so we could see the images instead of having to click on them.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Bonus race 6 is up:
    Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) Clubman Stage Route 5
    Total Winnings: Cr. 150,000 / Exp. 20,000
    Entry Requirements:
    Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
    Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95
    Hardest Opponent: 88 BHP - 738kg - Suzuki CERVO SR '07

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) Tsukuba Circuit / 10 Laps
    Total Winnings: Cr. 300,000 / Exp. 50,000
    Entry Requirements: Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
    Hardest Opponent: 179 BHP - 1260kg - Peugeot 207 GTi '07

Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP Trial Mountain (5 laps)
    Total Winnings: Cr. 550,000 / Exp. 70,000
    Entry Requirements: Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
    Hardest Opponent: 312 BHP - 1360kg - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR TE Edition '00

Ferrari 430 Scuderia Monza Circuit / 5 Laps
    Total Winnings: Cr. 1,000,000 / Exp. 90,000
    Entry Requirements: Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
    Hardest Opponent: 552 BHP - 1410kg - Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08

Chevrolet Corvette Indianapolis Road Course / 5 Laps
    Total Winnings: Cr. 1,500,000 / Exp. 120,000
    Entry Requirements: Specified car list - see entry requirements in the game*
    *Looks like every Cheverolet Corvette in the game. Confirmed
    Hardest Opponent: 644 BHP - 1333kg - Chevrolet Camaro SS '10

From here.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Those are some easy races this week. Also the Online Dealership has two awesome race cars. They are both very expensive but worth having.

kyleh613 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Where did you find the online dealership listing? Or are you in-game?

Would you mind sharing?

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Now that I'm back from work, I guess I can post the online dealership listing:

Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96 - 38,653 Cr - 31,574 km - Lv 7
    Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 - 51,014 Cr - 9,539 km - Lv 9
    Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69 - 45,937 Cr - 71,503 km - Lv 7
    Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90 - 65,547 Cr - 40,129 km - Lv 8
    Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63 - 54,502 Cr - 71,593 km - Lv 3
    Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 - 97,472 Cr - 5,056 km - Lv 0
    Che- er... Nissan GRAN TURISMO SKYLINE GT-R (Pace) '01 - 98,843 Cr - 2,314 km - Lv 9
    TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 - 259,729 Cr - 185 km - Lv 21
    Lancia STRATOS '73 - 316,156 Cr - 31,383 km - Lv 2
    The obligatory Formula Gran Turismo, White and Blue Edition - 4,978,875 Cr - 845 km - Lv 24
    Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89 - 5,163,820 Cr - 6,960 km - Lv 23
    Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03 - 5,738,902 Cr - 386 km - Lv 23

Interesting to see that the Capuccino's race modification is allowed.

Even more interesting to find out it actually has a race modification.

EDIT - Race 5 is indeed open to every single Corvette, including race modified ones.

BlitzAce1981 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well... I'll have over 5 mil after these bonus races, and I'm looking to get a pretty nice upgrade as far as cars go.

So which of those top three should I go for?

Icemopper on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well... I'll have over 5 mil after these bonus races, and I'm looking to get a pretty nice upgrade as far as cars go.

So which of those top three should I go for?

The FGT is probably the best, if a little boring, and there's a race near the end that you need an FGT for, so you need to buy one eventually.

Alternately, the FGT is a little boring and it seems to be available every week, maybe you should go with something cool and fun instead.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ah yes I forgot about that FGT race. I may as well go ahead and get it out of the way then. I'd rather try and get it out of the way if I can.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The GT-R Pace Car is in the online dealership for a decent price, if anyone's interested.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So this dumb douchebag got fired and now I get to fill in for him until we hire someone new, which means that for the time being I work weekends, which means I can't race or host on Sunday. Anyone care to fill in?

Also, yeah, I'm in the clink until the end of the month. It's easier to see the differences between the images if they're right on top of one another, instead of in separate tabs/windows.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Would you mind sharing?

It's not listed anywhere online, I just go and check in-game. It's updated every week at the sametime as the Online Events.

kyleh613 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    kyleh613 wrote: »

Would you mind sharing?

It's not listed anywhere online, I just go and check in-game. It's updated every week at the sametime as the Online Events.

Yeah, I meant on teh intarwebs. I was at work then and couldn't check the game, but it got worked out one way or another! thanks

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    In the future I can try to make it a point to post all of the cars listed as its the first place I always check and usually right as the update happens. But I will admit I am getting bored of GT5 finally and I am thinking i'm ready to shelve the game.

kyleh613 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just about to start my B-Spec drivers on an endurance race overnight, and I've noticed one of them appears to have part of their bars coloured differently. I don't know if it's a temporary drop due to lack of use, or a permanent drop due to reaching ~80% on the career bar, but I guess I'll find out soon enough...

BlitzAce1981 on
  • Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So this dumb douchebag got fired and now I get to fill in for him until we hire someone new, which means that for the time being I work weekends, which means I can't race or host on Sunday. Anyone care to fill in?

Regarding races I think a majority of the people here are enthralled by the American football season. With that in mind we may just think about picking up again after the Superbowl on 2/6. However if enough people (say 5-6 including me?) are interested in racing tomorrow I will make the effort to host it.

And that totally sucks about work, Stacks.

ironsizide on
    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't live in America, so football isn't a problem for me. But I'd rather wait - don't want to disadvantage anyone. [strike]Except BlitzAce.[/strike]

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I don't live in America, so football isn't a problem for me. But I'd rather wait - don't want to disadvantage anyone.

Honourable. Most honourable indee-
    [strike]Except BlitzAce.[/strike]

-WAIIIIIT A MINUTE...

BlitzAce1981 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    :twisted:

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ugh, these NASCAR events are an exam in endurance. Not of driving, but of enduring the annoying Jeff Gordon and the rigid disqualification rules. I can hit somebody pretty hard one moment then be disqualified for gently touching their side.

At least I only have Daytona left, and I think I can manage that in a few more tries...

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Is this the final final NASCAR event? If it is, I'll just quote this thing:
    After four hours of cursing and raging and being rear-ended by the non-existent AI, I think I've finally discovered how to win the Daytona race in the NASCAR Series.

What you have to do is: work your way into second, but don't overtake first. Instead, stay directly behind and keep ramming into their rear end until you're approaching the finish line on the last lap. Slingshot past them to victory.

I won with this strategy on my first attempt. For the record, I set my gear ratio to 390km/h.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That sounds good. I made it into first with about a half lap to go, then they all flew past me right at the end. I'll give that a shot tonight.

And I didn't even realize I could change the gear ratio for those events! Awesome!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Finally got the Colourful trophy. Thank God for the login bonus - it would've taken forever to get the trophy if PD had stuck with "5 cards a day" like in the beginning.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh blerg! I thought I had ABS turned off for the Jeff Gordon school. I got gold on everything and silver at Daytona with it on, so I figured I was ok!!!

I turned it off, and got gold first try, easy as pie.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    SE Challenge qualifier results are up.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I can now purchase that Red Bull car. However, it is 20,000,000 and you have to be level 40. I'm guessing that by doing the races for it you can nab the car earlier than that?
    Also, these b-spec endurance race times are getting insane. I have no idea if I'll ever do them for a-spec.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    So I can now purchase that Red Bull car. However, it is 20,000,000 and you have to be level 40. I'm guessing that by doing the races for it you can nab the car earlier than that?
    Also, these b-spec endurance race times are getting insane. I have no idea if I'll ever do them for a-spec.

They just give you a Red Bull car at level 35 anyway... I think.

I'm not there yet so don't count on me for answers.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Level 35 B-Spec gets you the S.Vettel version, at least. Dunno if you get anything for level 35 A-Spec.

Looks like the Seasonal Events are delayed, although it does say in the news post from last week than the updates may vary by ±1 day, so I guess the next batch of free experience and credits will be tomorrow.

However, the Online Collector's Dealership has been updated:

Dodge RAM 1500 LARAMIE Hemi Quad Cab '04 - 35,122 Cr - 14,802 km - Lv 2
    Chevrolet SSR '03 - 38,178 Cr - 28,644 km - Lv 2
    Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 - 51,114 Cr - 29,620 km - Lv 13
    Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 - 124,881 Cr - 190 km - Lv 8
    Citroën Xsara Rally Car '99 - 149,919 Cr - 108 km - Lv 11
    Ford Focus Rally Car '99 - 244,208 Cr - 4,633 km - Lv 11
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car '99 - 293,715 Cr - 4,190 km - Lv 11
    Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 - 293,920 Cr - 4,053 km - Lv 11
    Toyota COROLLA Rally Car '98 - 289,258 Cr - 7,161 km - Lv 11
    Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car '99 - 289,954 Cr - 6,697 km - Lv 11
    Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Rally Car '92 - 723,007 Cr - 7,198 km - Lv 10
    The obligatory Formula Gran Turismo, Blue Edition - 4,823,550 Cr - 7,058 km - Lv 24

Looks like one of the Seasonal Races will be a rallycross event, then.

BlitzAce1981 on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Do you know if it matters if it's A-spec or B-spec? My B-spec is currently at a higher level than my A-spec thanks to being able to let a race run while I'm asleep, at work, watching a move, etc. If I get there soon with either I'll report back.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Do you know if it matters if it's A-spec or B-spec? My B-spec is currently at a higher level than my A-spec thanks to being able to let a race run while I'm asleep, at work, watching a move, etc. If I get there soon with either I'll report back.

Blitz answered this one but I'll reiterate it here:
    level 30 in A-Spec will open up a special event involving the RB car that you can win one if you complete it . Or something to that effect.

level 35 in B-Spec nets you a ticket for a special liveried version of the RB car.

ironsizide on
    |_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I think level 30 in either A or B-spec opens the challenge? And level 35 in either A or B again gives you the car ticket.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    DiamondDiamond Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Why aren't the seasonal bonus races for week 7 up? Are they done with those things?

Diamond on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Maybe they're being held back until after the patch?

The Anonymous on