Options

Awesome Christmas Gifts

• Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got the best christmas present today. That car of mine that just wouldnt die? My insurance called me and told me that they're declaring it totaled today.

Im so happy, santa is real!

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    Also, Slung.

You're getting a urinal?

For your wife?

So... she's a dickgirl?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Knowing Daysleeper I am betting that either he is saying, 'these are very personal gifts and if you do not get the right brand/make/model it can be tricky' or 'you might make her feel guilty for spending so much on her.'

Janson on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    Janson wrote:
    Knowing Daysleeper I am betting that either he is saying, 'these are very personal gifts and if you do not get the right brand/make/model it can be tricky' or 'you might make her feel guilty for spending so much on her.'

ah

in that case, yeah I'm good there

she won't feel guilty about it, she organized my entire family into chipping in together and getting me a Wii and games and shit

and I worked with my mother, who is a very experienced quilter, in picking out the sewing machine that would be best for her

I did my homework.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bought my parents a new coffee maker and a new toaster for their newly remodeled kitchen.

Bought my brother a moderately priced electric piano

Bought my sister a scarf and I still need to get her something else

Bought the new lady friend a nice fleece blanket, smartwool socks, and a smartwool hat (she's a cold little person)

Giving my cousin who I got in the family draw like $20 or $30 amazon bucks because he's an asshole

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited December 2006
    DaySleeper wrote:
    I am getting Lindsay a sewing machine, a hand mixer, Cooking Mama for the DS, Brain Boost Beta Wave for the DS and a very, very awesome stuffed "fishing guy" from Animal Crossing.

Does she already know that these are coming? You may be treading on some very, very dangerous ground here.

what?

dude, she's been wanting a sewing machine for a long time, and she loves to bake.

Believe it or not, getting something like that for a woman doesn't mean "hurr hurr hurr get your ass back in da kitchen and make me a sammich, bitch"

Sometimes it just means "here is some stuff to help do things you enjoy"

I knew that wasn't what you meant by the gifts. I hope that she realises that, too. That's all I was saying.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    DaySleeper wrote:
    DaySleeper wrote:
    I am getting Lindsay a sewing machine, a hand mixer, Cooking Mama for the DS, Brain Boost Beta Wave for the DS and a very, very awesome stuffed "fishing guy" from Animal Crossing.

Does she already know that these are coming? You may be treading on some very, very dangerous ground here.

what?

dude, she's been wanting a sewing machine for a long time, and she loves to bake.

Believe it or not, getting something like that for a woman doesn't mean "hurr hurr hurr get your ass back in da kitchen and make me a sammich, bitch"

I knew that wasn't what you meant by the gifts. I hope that she realises that, too. That's all I was saying.

Not to worry. I know her pretty damned well by now.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    DaySleeper wrote:
    DaySleeper wrote:

what?

Not to worry. I know her pretty damned well by now.

Good man.

We are almost finished our shopping. We need to pick up some stuff for stockings for my folks but otherwise I think we're done. Well, I know my wife hasn't bought anything at all for me, but I'm okay with that. I got her some neat stuff plus also we are going to New York so maybe I will buy stuff there.

DaySleeper on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I posted what I got my little brother in a different thread already (nerf gun, legos, stikfas, comics, action figures, hoodie I painted).

We got my mom the Complete Calvin & Hobbes.

We're getting my stepdad some fish from the Market here.

My older brother is getting a book.

And I painted a new food dish for my little brother's cat, and a couple collars with tags, since he has a habit of going to other people's houses.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I seriously thought that DaySleper was nothing but an asshole used any opportunity to make some half witted attempt at humour or insult.

I did not know that behind the smart ass exterior there was a man so caring he'll worry about how your wife is going to react to the Christmas presents you're getting her.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My girlfriend got me Guitar Hero 2.

I bought her a lady bag (she likes collecting them), and put cooking mama for the DS inside, along with a mega pack of Tootsie Rolls, which she has a weakspot for.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    WidepathWidepath Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I spent an afternoon in the Lego store picking out sets for each person on my list.

Thats usually how i do it. Find something that nobody can possibly dislike and get one for everybody.

And, if you don't like Legos you don't deserve my friendship.

Widepath on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    I seriously thought that DaySleper was nothing but an asshole used any opportunity to make some half witted attempt at humour or insult.

I did not know that behind the smart ass exterior there was a man so caring he'll worry about how your wife is going to react to the Christmas presents you're getting her.

I like Rank and I didn't want him to get into trouble. I have seen many well-meaning men get a terrible, terrible look for a well-intentioned gift.

DaySleeper on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    DaySleeper wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:

I like Rank and I didn't want him to get into trouble. I have seen many well-meaning men get a terrible, terrible look for a well-intentioned gift.

I'm gonna give you my stepdad's number and you should call and ask him what he got my mom and then tell him that no that was a bad idea.

Because it probably is.

Because he's a goddamn moron.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    DaySleeper wrote:
    Peter Ebel wrote:

I'm gonna give you my stepdad's number and you should call and ask him what he got my mom and then tell him that no that was a bad idea.

Because it probably is.

Because he's a goddamn moron.

Hokey.

"Herro?"
    "Hi, Mr. Lolz? This is DaySleeper from the Internet. I just want to make it abundantly clear that whatever you are planning to get your wife, it is a bad idea. Ask your step-daughter for advice. In fact, give your step-daughter the money and ask her to sign the card on your behalf."

DaySleeper on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My dad is one of the smartest fellas I know, but he is the absolute worst when it comes to buying presents for my Mom.

One year, he got her a vacuum cleaner. Another time, a Rubbermaid garbage can, full of mops and various cleaning supplies. The one time that he actually thought to get her jewelry, he picked out--get this--gold owl earrings, with little diamond eyes.

And they live in a timber town.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    DaySleeper wrote:
    I like Rank and I didn't want him to get into trouble.
    I don't. Fuck him.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    naporeon wrote:
    My dad is one of the smartest fellas I know, but he is the absolute worst when it comes to buying presents for my Mom.

One year, he got her a vacuum cleaner. Another time, a Rubbermaid garbage can, full of mops and various cleaning supplies. The one time that he actually thought to get her jewelry, he picked out--get this--gold owl earrings, with little diamond eyes.

And they live in a timber town.

See, this is what I was hoping that Rank could avoid. I guess the difference between what your dad did and what Rank's doing is that Rank isn't buying stuff for 'around the house' and disguising it as Christmas, nor is he buying it to replace stuff that he broke.

DaySleeper on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My dad is either way awesome or way shitty at giving gifts. He always gives nice things, but he often gives things that the particular person has no use for whatsoever. Like he gave me a really nice internal frame backpack two years ago for Christmas (I mean real nice). But I haven't been backpacking since I was a boy scout. That was like 8 years ago.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    One year I gave my sister a foam-rubber brick and that was it.

Not a banner year.

DaySleeper on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    My aunt is so good at buying Christmas presents that I seriously think she has ESP.

One year, my wallet was wearing out. She gets me this nice little wallet, exactly the kind I like, and puts $100 in it. Another year, after I get my first apartment, she gets me this fantastic down comforter. She ALWAYS seems to know something that you really need or would like to have, but haven't figured out for yourself yet.

naporeon on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm giving my Nirvana-obsessed friend a Kurt Cobain autobiography.

And I'm giving my classics-liking friend an illustrated copy of Dante's Inferno.

And I'm giving my dad the Highlander Special edition DVD.

I can't wait to see what they think.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    but what are you giving me, jim

Whippy on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    but what are you giving me, jim
    cock

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I got my little sister Little Miss Sunshine on DVD. She's getting me an iPod armband.

My mom....I dunno. We haven't given her presents for about 10 or so years, because she always yells at us for "WHY YOU WASTE MONEY ON GIFTS".

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm getting one daughter a cool guitar recommended by knob and the other one a learning keyboard.

we'll be all musical and shit

i might get my wife something from sephora, she loves that shit
    and some money

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I got my little sister Little Miss Sunshine on DVD. She's getting me an iPod armband.

My mom....I dunno. We haven't given her presents for about 10 or so years, because she always yells at us for "WHY YOU WASTE MONEY ON GIFTS".
    Avoiding obvious joke.

So. Hard.

naporeon on
  • Options
    jimninjajimninja Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got my mom and dad the Best of Gilda Radner and John Belushi SNL DVDs, plus De-Lovely for Mom and First Blood for Dad. My lady friends are getting David Sedaris books and my guy friends are getting books of dirty jokes.

Also, while I was buying the books, I got a Snapple.

jimninja on
    0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    If I don't buy my parents presents, they make me feel bad ("You didn't get us anything?")

If I do buy my parents presents, they won't use them ever. Even if I get them what they tell me to get them.

My mom asked for The Sound of Music for Christmas last year, and my dad asked for Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire (DVD) for his birthday. Both are still just sitting there in the plastic wrap.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    naporeon wrote:

Avoiding obvious joke.

So. Hard.

We're Korean.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I am getting my roommate a mcdonald's gift card

Out of spite

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    naporeon wrote:

Avoiding obvious joke.

So. Hard.

We're Korean.
    Yeah, that was pretty much the joke.

naporeon on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited December 2006

Out of spite

buy him an actual big mac

wrap it

put it under the tree

Whippy on
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

Out of spite

buy him an actual big mac

wrap it

put it under the tree

Ooh that's nice and hateful too.

"I know how you had your eye set on that gift card, but you know how money's been tight."

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got my Dad and Step Brother a PS2 and the Guitar Hero bundle.

My step mom is going to hate me. Haaaaa!

mully on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    naporeon wrote:
    DaySleeper wrote:
    I like Rank and I didn't want him to get into trouble.
    I don't. Fuck him.

Like, sexually?

Because I don't really see what sort of lesson that would be.

Except oh, so this is what a dick in the butt feels like. Interesting.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Mom - "USC MOM" mug and a "USC Parent" licence plate frame, dont worry, its what she wanted

Dad - Rose Bowl polo shirt, the man only wears polo shirts, perfect gift

Sister - Purse filled with Japenesse Cherry Blossom themed lotions, and body wash, and body spray

Girlfriend - Autographed Bruce Springsteen Rolling Stone (trust me, it will be the bomb)

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    SoulburnerSoulburner Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The only person I have to get a bloody Christmas gift for is my roommate. I'm going to make him some mix tapes for his old piece of shit car filled with tracks by bands such as Zebra and Brownsville Station.

Soulburner on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I haven't gotten anybody family or local friendwise cause they are hard as hell to shop for. Buying things for internet friends is much easier cause I don't have to hear that disappointed "Oh...you got me that......thanks."

I'd list what I got folks but apparently I only do it for attention or something.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    naporeon wrote:
    naporeon wrote:

Avoiding obvious joke.

So. Hard.

We're Korean.
    Yeah, that was pretty much the joke.

It sucks for me though because I've never gotten a Christmas present from her.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png