As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strange and Embarrassing Moments: Italy: Land of Homoerotic Escapades

• Options
    kabukabu Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A couple of mini-stories:

This is a kind of awesome moment, actually. I catch a lot of jokes for having a spine made of titanium, all in good fun of course -- and I'm also ridiculously skinny and not very tall. So just the other day, the dorm was having a liquid nitrogen ice cream party when a friend of mine bet that I couldn't give her a piggy back ride, while others protested that my spine was more than up to the task. Anyway, not only was I successful but I managed to run a lap around the room before she jumped off. I have never felt so proud.

Also, the time when another friend of mine wanted to see my scar and lifted up my shirt, just in time for her to see my pants fall most of the way down :(

Another friend of mine is an architecture major. He spent the entire first semester working his ass off, spending ridiculous hours in studio making models. By the end of the semester, he was in serious existential crisis mode and was near death. So a month ago, he decides to clean his room of architecture models. With FIRE. We took the models out to the courtyard, doused them in isopropanol and sterno, and made a bonfire out of those motherfuckers. We caught it all on film, too.

kabu on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    kabu wrote: »
    We caught it all on film, too.

Link? :mrgreen:

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I don't have access to the film -- and seeing as it was slightly outside the bounds of the law, I wouldn't post it anyway.

kabu on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I found my dads OKCupid account last night.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Was this after you sent him a message?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ...is he still married to your mom?

D:

Spacemilk on
  • Options
    CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Oh wow this has potential

Cristo on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    No I didn't send him a message, no he's still not married to my mom but it's still a very D: thing to find.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    a5ehren wrote: »
    New title: "ITT, McAllen almost killed a dude"

I mean, fuck.

This reminds me of a similarly stupid story from my youth. I'm not sure if modern playgrounds have this, but when I was in elementary school we had this dome-shaped climbing thing. All metal bars and connections to form a series of triangles. My friends and I were playing some kind of pretend game (I believe it was Zelda), and the kid who was Ganon was inside the dome.

Well, he stuck his head out at one point and I, being some kind of good guy who wasn't Link (who knows, I think we made up other characters) decided that Ganon had to be stopped. So I pushed his head as hard as I could down onto the horizontal bar his neck was hovering over such that I cut off the entirety of his air flow.

I think I was like 7 years old, so I probably should have known better. I let up after it became clear that he was not exactly breathing in the way one might traditionally expect, and his face was kinda blue, along with a huge red mark on his neck. Lucky me, we were good enough friends that he didn't tell the teacher.

I don't think we really played together after that though.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Aw geez. I just nearly strangled a friend of mine while trying to give her a hug. Right in front of everybody, too. She was gasping and everything. I feel like such a tool.

kabu on
  • Options
    Valentin SeleznyovValentin Seleznyov __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I lost my virginity when i was 18. I had a fairly long term girlfriend and we would always go to her parents house to do it, because i had 5 younger siblings and my parents wouldn’t let me put a lock on my bedroom door.

Anyway, i was never entirely sure what to do with the used condoms, so i flushed them down the toilet. Anyway, after a few months of this, i was leaving their house one day and overheard her mother on the phone to a plumber or something, about a broken toilet.

The next time i went round, her dad said to me “Val, i’m going to have to ask you to stop flushing johnnies down the toilet”. It was horrible. Definitely the most embarrassing moment of my life.

Valentin Seleznyov on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I lost my virginity when i was 18. I had a fairly long term girlfriend and we would always go to her parents house to do it, because i had 5 younger siblings and my parents wouldn’t let me put a lock on my bedroom door.

Anyway, i was never entirely sure what to do with the used condoms, so i flushed them down the toilet. Anyway, after a few months of this, i was leaving their house one day and overheard her mother on the phone to a plumber or something, about a broken toilet.

The next time i went round, her dad said to me “Val, i’m going to have to ask you to stop flushing johnnies down the toilet”. It was horrible. Definitely the most embarrassing moment of my life.

I think claiming to dress as a nazi to enhance your gaming is a teeny bit more embarrassing than that.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

I think claiming to dress as a nazi to enhance your gaming is a teeny bit more embarrassing than that.

Oh snap. Dude just got forum stalked.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

So is this what it's going to be like for me on this forum? I posted a discussion about how i intend to revolutionise the gaming industry. You guys didn't like the idea, and now i'm going to hear about it in every thread that i visit?

Now people are going to ask about the Nazi thing, and i'll get accused of "trolling".

And i'm not embarrassed about dressing up as video game characters (not just Dr Richtofen) to enhance my enjoyment (not just performance) of video games. It's something that i enjoy doing, and i couldn't care less if other people think it's weird. Some of you need to get over yourselves.

Valentin Seleznyov on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So is this what it's going to be like for me on this forum? I posted a discussion about how i intend to revolutionise the gaming industry. You guys didn't like the idea, and now i'm going to hear about it in every thread that i visit?

Now people are going to ask about the Nazi thing, and i'll get accused of "trolling".

And i'm not embarrassed about dressing up as video game characters (not just Dr Richtofen) to enhance my enjoyment (not just performance) of video games. It's something that i enjoy doing, and i couldn't care less if other people think it's weird. Some of you need to get over yourselves.

If you laughed it off no one would really care. People get their stuff linked and quoted all the time, how they react determines whether it lasts.

admanb on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Eh, it was low hanging fruit.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    The really embarrassing part was the lack of placebo condition.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Eh, it was low hanging fruit.

Okay, i'm sorry for over-reacting.

It's just that some people have been using it to properly harass me.

Valentin Seleznyov on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Scalfin wrote: »
    The really embarrassing part was the lack of placebo condition.

SCIENCE!

admanb on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's a shame the discussion was locked. One or two of you were being very helpful, and i had a lot of other ideas i wanted to get opinions on. But what can you do.

I never got an answer as to why it was locked. Too revolutionary, maybe.

Valentin Seleznyov on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's a shame the discussion was locked. One or two of you were being very helpful, and i had a lot of other ideas i wanted to get opinions on. But what can you do.

I never got an answer as to why it was locked. Too revolutionary, maybe.

Maybe.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    1/2 man 1/2 bear 1/2 pig1/2 man 1/2 bear 1/2 pig Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A few years ago, freshman year of college, my roommate and I (like a lot of college students in a dorm) lived in pretty squalid conditions. We would have trash strewn about the floor and of course this lead to us having roaches. It was really disgusting at first and I'd freak out at them, but eventually you learn to live with it, and you just accept the fact when you wake up you might have a roach in your blanket. I would go out and buy cans of Raid to kill them every so often, because I knew where they would like to hide.

Then...one day I saw my roommate had left the drawer on his desk open. And he had tins of dip just open, and it was starting to stink so I just decide to clean it up. I open the desk drawer fully. Then BOOM! I see maybe 5 roaches go scurrying away, but ya know whatever no big deal for us. He comes back and asks what happened to his dip cans I told him that they were stinkin' up the joint and I had to clean it up and I told him there were roaches in his drawer. He thought that was disgusting and we discussed it and we set out to find out where all the roaches were coming from. I don't remember what possessed us, but instantly we open up his printer / scanner and lo' and behold!
    AN ENTIRE FUCKING ROACH COLONY IN HIS PRINTER! Maybe 1000 or so!

Since light was flooding the colony the roaches went EVERYWHERE and I was spraying the floor with Raid killing them and my roommate was punching the floor with his bare fists killing them. We were never really the same.

1/2 man 1/2 bear 1/2 pig on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    why

why were they in the printer

what causes roaches to nest in ahakjsfhkljsdf

I don't want to think about this more. =(

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You would have thought he'd have figured it out when all his papers started printing out in Spanish.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That's horrifying. I have an irrational fear of roaches, to the point that I still haven't clicked that spoiler in case there's a picture or something.

Were they the little ones or the Real Deal that drag off babies?

Kamar on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Kamar wrote: »
    That's horrifying. I have an irrational fear of roaches, to the point that I still haven't clicked that spoiler in case there's a picture or something.

No pics.

As for the big ones carrying off babies, I think you may be mistaking Jews for roaches. It's a common mistake.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    why

why were they in the printer

what causes roaches to nest in ahakjsfhkljsdf

I don't want to think about this more. =(

I don't know, but that's the point when men in hazmat suits generally get involved.

and napalm. Lots and lots of napalm.

Bobble on
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Were they hissing roaches or just the small red ones?

Sipex on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Psst... Kamar...

Hey...Kamar!
    Roachies.JPG

Falx on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I believe roaches can eat paper. Plus, it's dark in there, infrequently disturbed.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I believe roaches can eat paper. Plus, it's dark in there, infrequently disturbed.

I think it's mainly the electronics, though. I think they're attracted to that. The other things are a bonus for them.

I think I'd have nightmares though if I tried to print something and a swarm of roaches came out.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »

They actually kind of like nesting in electronics, I've heard it's the constant warmth. At one of the libraries in our system roaches set up shop inside of a desktop, the people had no idea until one day they all came spilling out.

I can guarantee if that happened to me I'd never have set foot in that building again.

Peen on
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When I was a kid we had a station wagon with power windows. One time we were on vacation parked at the restroom or something and I was looking out the back right window when it started rolling up. I start yelling for whoever's in the driver seat to stop rolling up the window, they're going to choke me! My mom was in the passenger seat and yells back that there was no one in the driver seat pushing the button. The car was trying to kill me!

Of course it turns out that I just had my knee on the button. Luckily windows didn't roll up as fast in the early 90's. Also I don't know why I didn't just pull my head out of the window when it was first rolling up and waited til it was basically at neck level to try and fail to extract my fat head. But yeah, almost choked myself with a car window.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Falx wrote: »

Psst... Kamar...

Hey...Kamar!
    Roachies.JPG
    I knew what was going to happen and I still clicked it. D: I hate you.

Roaches are my second least favorite creature in the world; the first is ticks. But while roaches are generally pretty harmless (and ticks aren't) roaches can move a LOT faster. D:D:D: Many many embarrassing moments have resulted when I screamed like a ninny because I saw a large roach.

Spacemilk on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Being in Houston that happens like every other day, right? :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    skarsol wrote: »
    Being in Houston that happens like every other day, right? :P

yes :( and I should be used to it, but it's no better now than it was the first time I lost it

Spacemilk on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    In my junior year of high school it was pretty much the last few weeks of school. So during our gym class it was pretty much goof-off weeks and we just did whatever. So we played this modified form of kick ball where the bases were those huge gym mats that you could just keep stacking people on or make a run for the next few bases if you thought you could make it. To get out, you had to tag the base before the people made it or nail them with the fucking ball.

So. I'm up to kick. Bam, it goes flying. I take off. I make it to first, then second, then third, but I won't be able to get past third, but oh fuck I can't fucking stop. Oh shit. So I just fucking take out all 5 people on the base. Like bowling. I bruised up a girl pretty good too because I basically landed on top of her after a pretty intensive sprint.

I still feel bad about doing it.

Mat Ball! Shit yes.

Mat ball was awesome. There was this girl I couldn't stand, so as she was running to home I threw it as hard as possible at her head. The ball hit her so hard in mid stride her feet flew out from under her. That game rocked

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spacemilk wrote: »
    Falx wrote: »

Psst... Kamar...

Hey...Kamar!
    Roachies.JPG
    I knew what was going to happen and I still clicked it. D: I hate you.

Roaches are my second least favorite creature in the world; the first is ticks. But while roaches are generally pretty harmless (and ticks aren't) roaches can move a LOT faster. D:D:D: Many many embarrassing moments have resulted when I screamed like a ninny because I saw a large roach.

When I first moved into this apartment I'm pretty sure my room was the main entry point for roaches, so I found a fair amount. The first one I saw grossed me out, but I got over it pretty quick, I'd either kill them or they'd manage to scurry someplace safe. Whatever.

Except, of course, this one time I was trying to kill one, and it ran into the partially opened closet. I went over, opened the door to look for it and BUZZ the thing flies out full speed within an inch of face. Yeah, didn't see where it landed as I ran out of the room freaking the fuck out. Ugh, so nasty.

Pellaeon on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh, roach stories. It's pretty strange, and kinda embarrassing.

My first apartment was a 300 sq ft efficiency. It was crappy, in a crappy part of town. I lived there with my girlfriend, and we slept on a twin mattress that was on the floor. Sleeping on your side pressed against the wall is fun. Anyway, we had a bit of a bug problem, but couldn't really find where they were coming from. Pretty much every other night or so, one of us would be woken up by a roach scurrying across us. The face was the coolest. That went on for about 3 months until my lease ran out (short term lease).

When we were cleaning it up before moving out, we noticed the huge sliding window that overlooked these narly, out of control bushes had been open like half a foot the whole time (it was summer, so we just had a huge sheet covering that wall.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My mum was microwaving some pizza in her apartment in Austin when she noticed there was a roach in there with it. She decided to just keep the microwave going and zapped the thing for a couple of minutes. Didn't do a lick of harm to it.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
This discussion has been closed.