As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer 40,000: Angels, Bugs, & Power-armored Hugs

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    By the way Gabe, did you get that thing I sent you? :winky:

Oh god yes, it was beautiful, and _so_ big! I'm still trying to figure out how to handle it.
    alqadim wrote: »
    Gabe is about to get the things Im sending him, You you have to look at his army with airforce envy ;),

And as of yet, you guys don't even have an inkling about the pièce de résistance of Operation: Unfriendly Skies. And you're not going to for a long, long time. Man, I'm going to be painting for _months_ getting all these aircraft done.
    Besides Lt Raslin and his Thunderbolt are more than capable.
    Hmm, yes, but, should the unthinkable happen and we find ourselves on opposite sides of the battlefield, he'd be facing down a Thunderbolt, Lightning, Tigershark, Barracude, 2 Remoras, and that's just the stuff you already know about. :D He's good, but quantity has a quality all of it's own, especially when part of that quantity is a super-heavy packig Titan-killer railguns.

Great

Now I have to buy aircraft and send them to tim as support, don't I?

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    See, my model collecting skills are also high, but I know that it will all be painted at some point. My best accomplishment is having about a 5/6 ratio of painted models to total models, which when you consider the sheer number I have, that's pretty impressive.
    Example:
    Picture taken right before the new Guard Codex was released. That's just my Imperial Guard.AllIG.jpg

Of course if you add in my inability to play a game with an unpainted model, you'll see why I've managed to paint so much. I started this hobby to paint little soldiers. The fact that I can use those little guys in a game is pretty awesome.

Tim I know how you are with your sentinels but I was going through my left over bins last night and I found a handful of the old metal sentinels that I was in the process of stripping down. You want em?
    Classic_Sentinel.jpg

alqadim on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    haha, that thing is AWESOME

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ...Now try picture transporting it and the rest of your stuff to a game store, actually fitting it on the table, actually moving it around in any capacity.

This is a question I posted on another forum. HOW do you transport all your Apocalypse-Sized Goodies? And WHERE do you store them all?!

Some people buckle them up in their car seats, transport them in suitcases/crates/plastic storage boxes...

Storage?? How about....

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/01/apocalypse-scratchbuilding-cautionary.html

Things that make you go Hummmmm....

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have enough problems transporting a 2k ork army around, to be honest.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I was tempted, but I couldn't justify the cost, not even in the deepest depths of my gamer's heart. I don't have _that_ much money to burn, and while it's an awesome model, it's at the scale where it's just not practical to actually _play_ with. I mean, look at the guy holding the thing in that FW picture. Now try picture transporting it and the rest of your stuff to a game store, actually fitting it on the table, actually moving it around in any capacity. Bleah.

Watching it fall off its flying stand and crush and destroy all the models beneath it....

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    alqadim's post reminds me, I still have one of those old Blood Slaughterer of Khorne models lying about the place. Would it be of any use to one of you Chaos players at all?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Im actually looking for any BA special chars that people no longer need now that were in the bargaining phase :)

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    alqadim's post reminds me, I still have one of those old Blood Slaughterer of Khorne models lying about the place. Would it be of any use to one of you Chaos players at all?

these?
    180px-Khorne_Blood_Slaughterer.jpg

alqadim on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That's the one.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    See, my model collecting skills are also high, but I know that it will all be painted at some point. My best accomplishment is having about a 5/6 ratio of painted models to total models, which when you consider the sheer number I have, that's pretty impressive.
    Example:
    Picture taken right before the new Guard Codex was released. That's just my Imperial Guard.AllIG.jpg

Of course if you add in my inability to play a game with an unpainted model, you'll see why I've managed to paint so much. I started this hobby to paint little soldiers. The fact that I can use those little guys in a game is pretty awesome.

Tim I know how you are with your sentinels but I was going through my left over bins last night and I found a handful of the old metal sentinels that I was in the process of stripping down. You want em?
    Classic_Sentinel.jpg

Oh wow. Yes please.

You see that you god damn Space Marine thieves? That's an assault cannon. We had them on our god damn sentinels till you stole them.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow, are we already almost done with this thread?

All right, what additions does the next OP need? Add Paint Vagrant to the paint-for-hire section?

Re: Painting, if you're paying for a paintjob and then claiming it as your own in a competition or something, yeah, you're a douche and that's cheating. My comments solely concerned the process of evolving your minis from their base gray and pewter origins.
    Nax wrote: »
    Watching it fall off its flying stand and crush and destroy all the models beneath it....

I can't imagine anyone would be foolish enough to put a Manta on a stand of any type. That's probably a good ten pounds of resin. As for transportation and storage, I have shelves where all my models live. I also picked up a couple large plastic footlockers from Wal-Mart when they were on sale. For storing the big things, and when I'm moving, everything can go in there and be completely safe.

Those metal sentinels are real nice. My first two are that type of model. I count their assault cannon as an autocanon, and magnitized them so that they can carry an underslung lascannon.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    paintvagrantpaintvagrant Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Using professionally painted models in tourneys that have paintng scores happens all the time, but entering a model that isnt yours in a pure painting comp like golden demon...thats weak. You can add me to the OP if you want, put my email in there:

paint.vagrant@gmail.com

paintvagrant on
    pvbanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nax: that thing is badass
    timspork: He said he had a few o_O
    Nax: Pretty much means you need to make a squadron of old school grizzled elysian vets who have refused to upgrade thier sentinels, because "they wouldn't be alive without these trusty rides!"
    timspork: With assault cannons :P
    Nax: well yeah, of course :)
    Nax: When the supply officer requested thier return, they would have said "You will take my cannon when you pry it from my cold dead hands!" and then stared down the officer until he was so intimidated he fudged the numbers on the requisition reports
    timspork: Hah, YES!
    Nax: Then when you flesh out your fluff, you can have the new sentinel recruits be like "Where did they get those assault cannons?!" and the supply officer reply, "What assault cannons?"

Nax on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Example:

Classic_Sentinel.jpg

Oh wow. Yes please.

You see that you god damn Space Marine thieves? That's an assault cannon. We had them on our god damn sentinels till you stole them.

Good lord spork youve got some pent up rage toward your brother space marines.

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Using professionally painted models in tourneys that have paintng scores happens all the time, but entering a model that isnt yours in a pure painting comp like golden demon...thats weak. You can add me to the OP if you want, put my email in there:

paint.vagrant@gmail.com

Do you have a webpage or gallery with some of your work on it and examples of your commission rates? That sort of thing does help.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dipped models look like shit if the person dipping them didn't bother to clean off the mold lines.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Next time I'm up at our shop, I'll take some pictures of some dipped models that are absolutely fantastic. They're also Blood Angels, so they're even better.

Nax on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

paint.vagrant@gmail.com

Do you have a webpage or gallery with some of your work on it and examples of your commission rates? That sort of thing does help.

I dont, yet. Ive got a photobucket account, and a thread on SA mart. I wasnt really ready to branch out and advertise elsewhere yet, but scurvy harassed me to post here enough that I did :mrgreen:

Ive got a rough pricelist that I can email/PM anyone interested, but at the moment, thats about it

photobucket:
    http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/BBivona/Miniature%20Painting/
    cmon:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/PaintVagrant

paintvagrant on
    pvbanner.jpg
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dipped models look like shit if the person dipping them didn't bother to clean off the mold lines.

Most models look funny with mold lines, but yeah dipping really brings out the fugly of mold lines.

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    damn, Vagrant... Your cmon album makes me want to pay you vast sums of money to paint me a thousand sons army...

Nax on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dipped models look like shit.

ftfy

Really though, instead of dipping, just use a large brush and a watered down black wash. Its the same thing, except with less chance of staining the basecoat, and more control.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hah I'm playing the first Xcom right now and I'm using all you guys as my trooper names. Be prepared to die a horrible death defending earth.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited October 2009

paint.vagrant@gmail.com

I dont, yet. Ive got a photobucket account, and a thread on SA mart. I wasnt really ready to branch out and advertise elsewhere yet, but scurvy harassed me to post here enough that I did :mrgreen:

Ive got a rough pricelist that I can email/PM anyone interested, but at the moment, thats about it

photobucket:
    http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/BBivona/Miniature%20Painting/
    cmon:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/PaintVagrant

Oh ya im such a dick that im trying to help my friend out :?

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Would you ship to other countries, paintvagrant?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Would you ship to other countries, paintvagrant?

Yeah, US/canada/most of europe

paintvagrant on
    pvbanner.jpg
  • Options
    UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fuck XCom. Fuck that game in it's stupid ass. Nothing quite like kicking down an avenger's door with a dozen flying armoured psi-troopers and getting blown away by a psilon with a blaster on overwatch.

Actually XCom is awesome.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    PV, I bet you're just itching to paint Canis aren't you?

Don't make me do it, because I might. Then you'll have to show everyone on the SA forum.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That's the one.

@ Wildcat how many of them do you have? I am defiantly interested :)
    ---
    @Tim I'll look through the bins tonight and see how many I have and get with you to make sure you get em. If there's enough I might keep one to orkify though ;)

alqadim on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Just the one sadly, it's been kicking about in my terminator box of doom for the last n years.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Just the one sadly, it's been kicking about in my terminator box of doom for the last n years.

I'd love to grab it off ya. Send me a pm with your demands ;)

alqadim on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Fuck XCom. Fuck that game in it's stupid ass. Nothing quite like kicking down an avenger's door with a dozen flying armoured psi-troopers and getting blown away by a psilon with a blaster on overwatch.

Actually XCom is awesome.

Aaaannnnnd Nax is the first to die. But trooper UnarmedOracle is quick to take his spot. Fittingly Ein is the highest rank now too.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited October 2009
    YES!

Nax on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ein will be the Patrick Stewart of this playthrough.

I'm the HWP, aren't I?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    haha this will end well i see it now.

Captain Scurvy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ein will be the Patrick Stewart of this playthrough.

I'm the HWP, aren't I?

Ein just became a Captain, and yes you are indeed carrying a Missile Launcher. I don't know why though since your action points are terrible. Anyway back to 40k.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    edited October 2009
    HQ: Commander Shas'o (9#, 361 pts)
    . . 1 Commander Shas'o @ 361 pts (Hard-wired Drone Controller; Crisis Bodyguard; Crisis Bodyguard; Missile Pod; Shield Drone; Shield Drone; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array)
    . . . . 1 Crisis Bodyguard (Fusion Blaster; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Shield Drone; Shield Drone; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array)
    . . . . . . 1 Shield Drone (Shield Generator)
    . . . . 1 Crisis Bodyguard (Fusion Blaster; Hard-wired Drone Controller; Shield Drone; Shield Drone; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array)
    . . . . 1 Shield Drone (Shield Generator)
    . . . . 1 Shield Drone (Shield Generator)

What do you guys think of this unit? Ridiculous?

Nax on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the targeting array is the upgrade that gives you +1 BS. So you've just spent more than 350 points on a unit that is going to be very hard to kill, but can only fire three guns per turn?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, should be target multi-lock I think.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You're right.. I had them outfitted far differently when I first starting tooling around with the squad, and forgot to change it as the idea progressed :P

I have that same problem with messing around with Tyranid units :P

Edit: For another 15 I can just give them all Hard Wired Multi-Trackers and the problem is solved :P

Nax on