As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Faaaabulous MOTW 9-2-09!

2»

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That was a weird one, because that's Kitty. Ewwwww.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    That was a weird one, because that's Kitty. Ewwwww.

Not to mention that by the look of her room, an underage Kitty.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Why does everyone think that's Kitty?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Maybe it was an under-aged Wolverine and she was taking advantage of him.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kitty always had stuffed animals in her room in the early Claremont stuff, most notably BAMF!, the little Nightcrawler plushie. Gurewitch seems to play on this with a similar looking cat Beast plushie.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok my interest is piqued, can someone rehost it or direct link it as it doesnt seem to want to load.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My moment was from Incognitio #6, in The Zeppelin Pulps-- Jess Nivens' backmatter essay that this issue was about pre-Hindenberg pulp heroes who rolled in pimped-out blimps.
    In May, 1937, the zeppelin genre of pulps seemed poised to become as significant and established a pulp genre as sports, romance, and detective pulps were. Hollywood was preparing to capitalize on the genre's popularity. Several zeppelin films were in pre-production, including the Willis O'Brien-directed War Eagles (in which Lost Race Vikings, riding pterodactyls, battle German zeppelins in the skies over New York) ... But on May 6th the Hindenberg burned.

Best idea ever.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm sorry but I think zeppelins would be the least practical weapons or vehicles on the battlefield. Something that slow and big, plus highly flammable?

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The Hindenberg went up became of the zeppelin materials, not the hydrogen.

But more importantly that's still a totally awesome idea.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    holy shit I am so dumb

I just now "got" the last page hint about Scarlet Witch in the final Exiles issue

fuck

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm scanning in moments from Exiles to make you all feel bad about not buying it.

Prepare to wallow in despair.

Except for Munch. I think he bought it. H5, buddy!

Faynor on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    hi5 Faynor!

I have to admit, I kind of wish the next iteration of Exiles starred the villainous Exiles briefly glimpsed in this issue. The team that had MODOK as a member, and Mojo as the Time Broker.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    There was so much exposition in the last issue of Exiles, but I suppose it didn't bother me too much.

Was that bit about the elderly couple a reference to Claremont's run?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Okay!
    So, when we last left off, the Exiles have to return to the first reality they had visited. A place where Magneto had united the Brotherhood and X-Men as one after Charles Xavier died. The Exiles needed to split up this alliance, and exposed Magneto being an evil dick, but it didn't quite do the trick. So, they have Exiles-Wanda tell Jean that Scott's a jerk instead!

img037.jpg

img038.jpg

That's right. Scott is a cheating dick in every reality. WHY IS JEAN NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU SCOTT?

Anyways, this ends up pitting the two telepaths against one another, and it manages to split up the Alliance completely. In an angry fervor, Emma kills that reality's Wanda because she thought that she was the one who told about the affair.

So, the Exiles get called to a different reality, one that's totally at peace. They get to relax before their next mission. It's pretty uneventful, until Morph appears to take them somewhere else. The other Exiles had begun to suspect Blink of her slowly prodding them along (Backseat leading, if you will) so they interfere with the teleport and head to the source, the Crystal Palace. They start to explore and find a few different Exiles teams being introduced to their missions, like this team that Munch mentioned.

Panel.jpg

So anyways, the team goes further and meets the embodiment of the Palace, Kang. To cut matters short, the team learns a lot about the Crystal Palace and underlying motivations. You can buy it if you want to read it, because explaining it would only make it sound less interesting. Even though it was pretty awesome. Burned through a lot of plot Jeff Parker had planned to reveal, I'm sure.

I digress, the team gets to take a gander at their old realities and to see the affects of their deaths/disappearances on them.

img039.jpg

img040.jpg

img041.jpg

Obviously, the original Exiles decide to continue on and train many Exile teams to keep time safe.

They also talk about what they learned won't always be true, due to the wonky nature of time.

img042.jpg

img043.jpg

And, PSYCHE! The Wanda that Emma killed was the Exiles-Wanda. Evil Wanda has infiltrated the team, as it were.

Too bad we'll never know what happens because you people suck!

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I really liked that alternate version of Beast. He loved Simon. :(

Faynor on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Exiles was way too exposition heavy, because it was a mad dash to resolve 5 plotlines at once. But, it was also good and funny and made me really annoyed that it's canceled.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I'm really happy they just completed all the threads they could manage. It did drive home how annoying it was to not see those play out in full, though.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It didn't really bother me. It's better than the alternative leave-a-million-things-hanging-loosely-forever.

Faynor on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Why does it seem like it's Peter Parker behind Black Pather's mask?

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Highly expressive mask, that's why.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Much made that comment after Exiles 1, if I recall.

It's Black Panther's son, T'chaka. He has Peter's wisecracking sense of humor, but he's not a carbon copy or anything.

Faynor on
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Such a shame that Exiles is now done. I was really hoping to see Cap rock a moustache in one of those Exile teams.

kfrooster on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    There was so much exposition in the last issue of Exiles, but I suppose it didn't bother me too much.

Was that bit about the elderly couple a reference to Claremont's run?

Yes. There was an older couple (though they weren't really elderly. Just middle-aged or so) involved in the last New Exiles arc.

Crimsondude on