Options

[Phalla] Fire Emblem: Siege of Phallae - Game Over: Cochran Spies are Victorious

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Oh don't worry nocturne you're dead tonight

Psh the game is over son.

This counts as living 'till the end.

If the game was over the thread title would reflect that.

Just sayin'

You realize that you failed your win right, and that we cochrans achieved ours? And that Mr. B even said he's extending the end a day for other purposes but the mafia won

M.D. on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Oh don't worry nocturne you're dead tonight

Psh the game is over son.

This counts as living 'till the end.

If the game was over the thread title would reflect that.

Just sayin'

You realize that you failed your win right, and that we cochrans achieved ours? And that Mr. B even said he's extending the end a day for other purposes but the mafia won

You realize that I'm not even caring.

I get to hurt something tonight.

I could care less that we lost

(ok, that's not true, I do care that we lost, that sucks.)

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh yeah, !Mr. D

Nocturne on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    With the amount of damage Quoth did to the village, she might as well have been as evil as she was acting.

COCHRAN MVP RIGHT DER

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The game is over.

Everyone is now free to post away. Results will be coming once I can process the results with Infidel and go over the epilogue narration with cj.

In the meanwhile, I will be posting some other reference things for you all to take a look at. For starters, you can check out the behind-the-scenes actions at the Program Headquarters (which includes links to Proboards - board owners, please start unlocking them).

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hidden Mechanics

A minor note about looting: all non-equipped items were looted from a slain unit by their killer or killers. If there were multiple people who made the kill, then items were split up randomly. The inventory of players killed in the Story Phase (via vote, mafia, vig, or inactivity) was removed from the game; they were not redistributed.

Cochran Spies (Mafia)
    At the end of the sign-up period, 15% of the players (14) were selected to be part of the Cochran Spy faction. On day 0, these players were allowed to select any two stats for their bonus. In addition, all Cochran players started out with two pieces of equipment.

Each night, Cochran players could choose one player in any zone to kill. The majority of the spies’ power was meant to be through their NPC units. On Day 0, each player selected two units to deploy in any of the outer-ring regions (U-Z). Every day afterwards, one more unit could be deployed, as long as the total number of units they were controlling was within a capped limit (three our four depending on the day). If all players were at the unit capacity limit, then the group could, as a whole, deploy a single additional unit. Any NPC units controlled by eliminated players would be transferred to other Cochran players to control.

At the start of the game, all NPC units were of level 1, came deployed with one basic weapon, and were restricted to the classes of Fighter, Mercenary, and Soldier. NPC units all followed the base stats, and received no bonuses like players. On Day 1, Archers, Clerics, Knights, Myrmidons, and Pirates were added to the deployable unit selection. On Day 2, Cavaliers, Mages, Monks, Nomads, Shamans, Thieves, and Troubadours could be deployed. On Day 3, Pegasus Knights and Wyvern Knights were unlocked for deployment, so that all class types could be created.

On Day 4, Level 2 units were deployable. On Day 8, Level 3 units were deployable. Over the course of the game, units’ equipment gradually increased from a single basic weapon to two upgraded weapons. For Day 7, the unit reinforcement cap was set to three, but on Day 9, all living players were allowed to make a single unit regardless of the number of units controlled.

By default, NPCs were set to attack random non-Cochran players in their zone. They were able to do all the same actions as players, including being set to attack specific Cochran players (or attack blocking Cochran players if set appropriately). If they were set to target a player, if their target was eliminated before their turn, they would attack a random non-Cochran player, similar to the players’ target redirect when attacking an NPC.

NPC units had movement restrictions that differed from the players’. While they could move freely around the outer-ring zones, if they were to move into or among the inner zones, they needed to outnumber the non-Cochran units in their starting zone to make any movement at all. (This is similar to the condition for players in making a second move, but applied for the first move as well.) Cochran players counted as neither enemies nor allies for the purposes of movement or the ‘overtake Odam’ win condition.

cochran.gifImperial Cochran Spies:
    Abysmal Lynx
    DamnedLibrarian
    Dunadan019
    Hermenegilde
    Look Out it's Sabs!
    Loxx
    Malkor
    Mr. Defecation
    neville
    Plutonium
    Romantic Undead
    simonwolf
    Terrendos
    TheLawinator

Lords and Adjutants (Village Specials)
    After all nations and stat bonuses were chosen on Day 0, village specials were selected randomly, based on nation choice. Each nation had one Lord, who came equipped with a unique Lord item, and one Adjutant (with the exception of Chira, which had Retainers instead) that could gain the ability of their respective Lord, should the Lord become eliminated. All Lords and Adjutants/Retainers started with two items in their inventory, three in the case of Lords when including the unique item.

teion.gifTeion: Lord Accessory: Strength Band (STR +1), Lord Ability: Lethality (Vigilante) – Each day, the Lord may select one player in their zone to assassinate, killing them without fail unless guarded.

dural.gifDural: Lord Accessory: Defense Band (DEF +1), Lord Ability: Iron Wall (Guardian) – Each day, the Lord may select one player in their zone to protect from all damage in combat or by player ability. They may not use their ability guard themselves.

sandal.gifSandal: Lord Accessory: Skill Band (SKL +1), Lord Ability: Support – Each day, the Lord may select one other player in their zone to support, increasing all stats except HP by 1 for the day’s combats. They may not use their ability to support themselves.

ravana.gifRavana: Lord Accessory: Resist Band (RES +1), Lord Ability: Influence (Power Vote) – The Lord’s vote counts as three times that of all other players. Any ties are broken in this player’s favor.

ludein.gifLudein: Lord Accessory: Speed Band (SPD +1), Lord Ability: Tactics (Information) – Each day, the Lord may ask a question about the makeup of the remaining players in the game (i.e. how many members of Ludein remain, or how many players hold a Vulnerary). They may not ask questions about specific players (seering) or how many mafia members remain.

miras.gifMiras: Lord Accessory: Magic Band (MAG +1), Lord Ability: True Sight (Seer) – Each day, the Lord may select one player in their zone to inspect. The Lord will learn that player’s class, nationality, stats, inventory, and whether they are part of the mafia or not.

chira.gifChira: Lord Accessory: Health Band (Max HP +2), Lord Ability: Loyalty (Mason) – The Lord starts out with knowledge of a number of retainers whom he can truly trust, knowing that they are definitely not mafia. All retainers also know the Lord’s identity at the start of the game.

Lords, Adjutants, and Retainers:

teion.gifTradelands of Teion
    Lord: Jason Todd
    Adjutant: SpectralSpork

dural.gifDural Mountains
    Lord: B:L
    Adjutant: Fatal3RR0R

sandal.gifDeserts of Sandal
    Lord: TehSloth
    Adjutant: Elldren

ravana.gifCoasts of Ravana
    Lord: enlightenedbum
    Adjutant: Lightblade

ludein.gifLudein Tundra
    Lord: Eipnoom
    Adjutant: PsychoCucumber

miras.gifMiras Farmlands
    Lord: Orange Soda
    Adjutant: Doxa

chira.gifChira Forests
    Lord: piL
    Retainer: Maximus
    Retainer: Tommy2Hands

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Post-Game Commentary

Before I get into the commentary for the game’s design, I just want to make some acknowledgments and special thanks. First and foremost, Infidel, for his most excellent coding and backend implementation, not only with the stat pages, but also the automatic results calculator. It was a huge, huge help and a great boon to the game’s smooth running. Thanks also for some commentary on the mechanics prior and during the game. Big thanks also go out to cj iwakura, for providing the daily narration. You were a big help in helping get results out with flavor.

Special thanks to FE Planet, Serenes Forest (linked in the OP), and Spriters Resource for having so many of the graphics from the video games that were taken and used for the game. Special thanks to Youtube for a convenient place to find game music, to set the mood a little bit better. And it would be amiss of me to fail to thank Nintendo and Intelligent Systems for making the games that inspired the Phalla. It’s a great tactical RPG series – quite difficult – but great.

Special thanks also to the players, without which this game would not be possible.

In the design of this Phalla, I knew that I wanted to try out a ‘traditional’-type game with a large uninformed village against a small informed mafia (as opposed to a ‘factional’-type game). For the Fire Emblem theme, I knew that I wanted to let people choose classes for personalization. Originally, I didn’t want to have a complex tactical battle system, but as things started developing, the tactical, zone-based combat system kind of came out. Still, I tried my best to make a simple, straightforward game that, aside from the tactical combat, played very much like a Phalla.

Class statistics were somewhat based off the base stats used in the game, but rebalanced so that stat-wise, they would be approximately equivalent. Cavaliers took a small hit in stats for initial versatility, and magic-based classes also had lower overall stats for magic’s general power. Thieves were weaker for their special skill and flavor, as were the healing classes of Cleric and Troubadour. Combat formulas were mostly based off the game, but reworked to account for the loss of a Luck stat and to account for the fact that stat values would be relatively low. Item statistics came almost straight from the games, with very little tweaking.

When thinking about the mafia abilities, having controlled non-player units seemed natural with the ‘siege’ scenario. I gave the Cochran spies a free universal kill just in case they needed it, but for the most part I expected their kills to mostly come from NPC control. Spies also had the option to try and attack other players in the Player Phase if they were feeling risky, which they did in fact do. Player Phase and Enemy Phase were separated for a few reasons: first, it’s an appropriate match to the original video games’ mechanics. Second, it makes sense to give the players the initiative advantage. Third, it encourages spies to be trickier with their plays. Originally, a move-action system was in place; discussions with Infidel changed it to the action-move system found in the actual game.

Ultimately, I felt like the mafia had a lot of potential to be overwhelming quickly. I instated a unit cap and reduced the mafia population from an original 20% to the 15% used. The NPCs’ ‘overtake Odam’ condition was not meant to be possible until the very end, but I was surprised in the last few days that the NPCs were able to take over Odam. I had expected more losses to keep things balanced – but that’s the way things played out.

To match the power of the mafia, I left some exploits for the village specials. For example, the Lords were given unique items for easier networking. But that was small, compared to the Ludein Lord’s Tactics ability, which turned out to be a point of contention and consternation. Each night, the Ludein Lord could ask about population statistics, such as the number of players in a nation, or how many players owned a certain item, except that questions about the Cochrans directly could not be asked. And so, for the first seven nights, Eipnoom asked about the population counts from the other nations, and then the nation-calling occurred. I didn’t expect that to be such a breaking strategy. The Cochrans were caught off guard and got almost completely exposed by the overcounts in the nation roll. If the allied players had been able to kill the NPCs more efficiently in the last few days, the Cochran spies would almost certainly have lost. I definitely made a big misjudgment in the latent power of the Tactics ability, and should have taken steps to avoid the exploit from being overpowered. At the very least, I should have given the Cochrans a demographics listing at the start of Day 1. I probably should have changed the Tactics ability to something else (such as an action seer). But we all learn from our mistakes (or one would hope), and I hope you will forgive this oversight on my part.

Overall, I’m quite pleased with how the game flow went, nation-calling exploit aside. I knew that the mechanics in place had the potential to create a volatile and unpredictable game, things went rather smoothly. I was incredibly pleased to see that all the players that signed up actually filled out their Day 0 class, nation, and bonus stat information. No small feat for having over 90 players. Players held out in the inner ring up until the end of the game, creating a pretty nice storyline borne out through actions. The game went a bit longer than I had expected – I was thinking that there would be more PvP activity, but people were pretty quick to shut that idea down except for special cases. But in the end, I think the game was mostly a success. Mistakes were certainly made, but I hope that the net result for you was a fun and engaging game.

On a final note, with the system that Infidel coded up for this game, we’re looking forward to running Phalla Royale III with the original concept creator, Ardor, in a couple months. Phalla Royale’s got a number of similarities to this game, but it’s a purely factional free-for-all affair. It’ll be run as a non-Phalla, and should be a nice diversion from the usual. Look forward to it, won’t you?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Death Stats (up to Day 12) – Apologies for any mistakes that have been made.

Causes of Death - Players
    Day 1
    Lady Eri – Killed by the vote
    Lightblade – Killed by Cochran spy kill

Day 2
    abotkin – Killed by non-player units
    Fatal3RR0R – Withdrew from game
    Kay - Killed by Cochran spy kill
    The_Reflection - Killed by the vote

Day 3
    Andrew Ryan – Killed by enlightenedbum and warban
    Darian - Killed by Cochran spy kill
    eeccccoo tthhee ddoollpphhiinn – Killed by the Teion Lord
    jackisreal - Killed by non-player units
    Neville – Eliminated for inactivity
    Plutonium – Killed by the vote
    PsychoCucumber - Eliminated for inactivity
    Sticks - Killed by non-player units
    Zellpher - Killed by Obbi

Day 4
    Grath - Killed by Gumpy
    Jason Todd - Killed by Cochran spy kill
    Obbi - Killed by the vote
    Orange Soda - Killed by non-player units

Day 5
    Burnage - Killed by non-player units
    Chen - Killed by Mr. Defecation
    Dac Vin - Eliminated for inactivity
    enlightenedbum - Killed by non-player units
    Maximus - Eliminated for inactivity
    Nion - Killed by the vote
    Shabooty - Eliminated for inactivity
    Ultros64 - Killed by non-player units
    Zandracon - Killed by the Teion Adjutant

Day 6
    Azoth - Killed by the Teion Adjutant
    B:L - Killed by Cochran spy kill
    Daius - Killed by non-player units
    El Skid - Killed by non-player units
    Hylianbunny - Killed by FunkyWaltDogg
    Malkor - Killed by the vote
    Matatat - Killed by LightRider and Romantic Undead
    TehSloth - Killed by non-player units

Day 7
    crimsoncoyote - Killed by Gumpy
    Hermenegilde - Killed by the vote
    kime - Killed by Cochran spy kill
    Loxx - Killed by DevoutlyApathetic
    narvinye - Eliminated for inactivity
    stormwind - Killed by non-player units
    Tommy2Hands - Killed by non-player units
    Toxic Toys - Killed by the Teion Adjutant

Day 8
    KrataLightblade - Killed by non-player units
    MacGuffin - Killed by the Teion Adjutant
    Romantic Undead - Killed by the vote
    Spectrum - Killed by Cochran spy kill

Day 9
    Cantide - Killed by Mr. Defecation
    iamtheaznman - Killed by non-player units
    piL - Killed by Cochran spy kill
    Terrendos - Killed by the Teion Adjutant
    TheLawinator - Killed by the vote

Day 10
    Ardor - Killed by non-player units
    Buzz Buzz - Killed by Cochran spy kill
    Dunadan019 - Killed by the Teion Adjutant
    Quoth - Killed by the vote
    warban - Killed by Mr. Defecation
    Witch Doctor, DBM - Killed by non-player units

Day 11
    Cynic Jester - Killed by non-player units
    Fiaryn - Killed by non-player units
    Gumpy - Killed by the Teion Adjutant
    JaysonFour - Killed by DamnedLibrarian
    LightRider - Killed by the vote
    Sepah - Killed by Cochran spy kill

Day 12
    Abysmal Lynx - Killed by the vote
    DevoutlyApathetic - Killed by non-player units
    Doxa - Killed by non-player units
    Eipnoom - Killed by non-player units
    FunkyWaltDogg - Killed by non-player units
    Garick - Killed by DamnedLibrarian
    Look Out it's Sabs! - Killed by the Teion Adjutant
    PRETENTIOuS - Killed by non-player units
    Rend - Killed by non-player units
    WilDPanthA05 – Killed by Cochran spy kill

Causes of Death - Enemies

Day 2
    Fighter (01) – Buzz Buzz, stormwind
    Fighter (02) – Toxic Toys
    Mercenary (03) - TheLawinator
    Mercenary (07) – Chen, Dunadan019
    Soldier (04) – Abysmal Lynx, Cantide
    Soldier (05) – FreeAgent, Jason Todd
    Soldier (09) – Fiaryn, Sepah

Day 3
    Archer (03) – Arasaki, crimsoncoyote
    Fighter (03) - jackisreal
    Knight (05) – Abysmal Lynx, Cantide, DamnedLibrarian, TheLawinator
    Mercenary (04) - Garick
    Mercenary (05) – Dunadan019, WilDPanthA05
    Soldier (06) - Oats
    Soldier (07) – MacGuffin

Day 4
    Archer (04) – Matatat
    Fighter (05) - Spectrum
    Knight (04) – KrataLightblade, Sepah
    Knight (06) - DevoutlyApathetic
    Mage (02) – El Skid
    Mercenary (09) – Maximus, WilDPanthA
    Soldier (02) – Fiaryn, Loxx
    Soldier (03) – Nion

Day 5
    Fighter (04) - HamHamJ
    Mage (01) – El Skid
    Mercenary (01) - kime
    Mercenary (08) - Cantide
    Mercenary (14) - LightRider
    Myrmidon (01) - FreeAgent
    Pirate (03) - DamnedLibrarian
    Shaman (02) – Cynic Jester
    Shaman (03) – DasUberEdward, Garick
    Soldier (01) - Keika
    Thief (01) – Oats, TheLawinator
    Wyvern Rider (01) – Dunadan019

Day 6
    Archer (05) - Elldren
    Cleric (01) – El Skid
    Knight (01) - Sepah
    Mercenary (02) – Tommy2Hands
    Mercenary (06) - KrataLightblade
    Mercenary (10) - Garick
    Mercenary (11) – WilDPanthA05
    Myrmidon (02) - Look Out it’s Sabs!
    Pirate (02) - TehSloth
    Wyvern Rider (02) – Cynic Jester, JaysonFour

Day 7
    Fighter (06) - stormwind
    Mercenary (13) - Spectrum
    Pirate (01) – iamtheaznman, Look Out it’s Sabs!
    Shaman (01) – Arasaki, FunkyWaltDogg
    Soldier (08) – LightRider, Romantic Undead

Day 8
    Fighter (07) - warban
    Knight (08) – Buzz Buzz, KrataLightblade
    Mage (03) – Dunadon019, Elldren
    Mercenary (12) – WilDPanthA05
    Myrmidon (03) - Garick
    Shaman (04) - FreeAgent
    Thief (02) - DamnedLibrarian
    Wyvern Rider (03) - FunkyWaltDogg
    Wyvern Rider (04) – Cynic Jester, JaysonFour

Day 9
    Knight (02) - DamnedLibrarian
    Myrmidon (04) – WilDPanthA05
    Nomad (01) – JaysonFour, Look Out it’s Sabs!

Day 10
    Archer (02) - Sepah
    Cavalier (03) - Elldren
    Knight (11) - Keika
    Mercenary (15) - HamHamJ
    Shaman (05) – Cynic Jester

Day 11
    Wyvern Lord (05) - Oats
    Wyvern Lord (07) – Cynic Jester, JaysonFour

Day 12
    Wyvern Lord (08) – Eipnoom, Garick, Oats

Kill Count Ranking
    DamnedLibrarian – 6 (2 Player, 4 Enemy)

Cynic Jester – 5 (5 Enemy)
    Garick – 5 (5 Enemy)

JaysonFour – 4 (4 Enemy)
    Oats – 4 (4 Enemy)
    Sepah – 4 (4 Enemy)
    WilDPanthA05 – 4 (4 Enemy)

Mr. Defecation – 3 (3 Player)

FunkyWaltDogg – 3 (1 Player, 2 Enemy)
    LightRider – 3 (1 Player, 2 Enemy)

Cantide – 3 (3 Enemy)
    Dunadan019 – 3 (3 Enemy)
    El Skid – 3 (3 Enemy)
    Elldren – 3 (3 Enemy)
    FreeAgent – 3 (3 Enemy)
    KrataLightblade – 3 (3 Enemy)
    Look Out it’s Sabs! – 3 (3 Enemy)
    TheLawinator – 3 (3 Enemy)

Gumpy – 2 (2 Player)

DevoutlyApathetic – 2 (1 Player, 1 Enemy)
    Romantic Undead – 2 (1 Player, 1 Enemy)
    warban – 2 (1 Player, 1 Enemy)

Abysmal Lynx – 2 (2 Enemy)
    Arasaki – 2 (2 Enemy)
    Buzz Buzz – 2 (2 Enemy)
    Fiaryn – 2 (2 Enemy)
    HamHamJ – 2 (2 Enemy)
    Keika – 2 (2 Enemy)
    Spectrum – 2 (2 Enemy)
    stormwind – 2 (2 Enemy)

enlightenedbum – 1 (1 Player)
    Obbi – 1 (1 Player)

Chen – 1 (1 Enemy)
    crimsoncoyote – 1 (1 Enemy)
    DasUberEdward – 1 (1 Enemy)
    Eipnoom – 1 (1 Enemy)
    iamtheaznman – 1 (1 Enemy)
    Jason Todd – 1 (1 Enemy)
    jackisreal – 1 (1 Enemy)
    kime – 1 (1 Enemy)
    Loxx – 1 (1 Enemy)
    MacGuffin – 1 (1 Enemy)
    Matatat – 1 (1 Enemy)
    Maximus – 1 (1 Enemy)
    Nion – 1 (1 Enemy)
    TehSloth – 1 (1 Enemy)
    Tommy2Hands – 1 (1 Enemy)
    Toxic Toys – 1 (1 Enemy)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Completely sucked that my adjutant dropped out and couldn't be replaced. :|

Also, INFIDEL YOU ARE ONE CRAZY SON OF A ROBOT the programming and planning that went into this was exquisite. Kudos and thanks to you and Blarney for running it!

• Options
    edited May 2009
    oh snap I have the highest player kill count

M.D. on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So guys

You were totally wrong. I never killed anyone, that was the mafia kill.

In other words, voting out me was all luck.

Also

MWA HA HA HA HA HA

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I just realized that we could've caught you earlier, had Chen been guarded.

Silly Chen and the actings of evils.

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Plutonium wrote: »
    So guys

You were totally wrong. I never killed anyone, that was the mafia kill.

In other words, voting out me was all luck.

Don't forget that Orange Soda was taken down for defending you so vehemently as well.

Silly Sunkist.

• Options
    edited May 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Completely sucked that my adjutant dropped out and couldn't be replaced. :|

Also, BLARNEY YOU ARE ONE CRAZY SON OF A ROBOT the programming and planning that went into this was exquisite. Kudos and thanks for running it!
    (And maybe Infidel too. But he's too busy makin' buttlovin' with visiblehowl right now.)

The programming was all Infidel - he should be thanked for making it all run so smoothly. He did a wonderful job of implementing all my ideas. We make a great team, it seems. (Of course, when we're playing on opposite sides in a Phalla, we tend to get each other killed early on...)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I didn't get to FIGHT as much as I'd have liked. I was too busy protecting Spectral Spork, our dear Teion Adjutant.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The good news is that my archer ended up getting a lot of killing blows.

EnlightenedBum
    Tommy2Hands
    KrataLightblade

Plutonium on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    An absolutely amazing game! And holy balls 4 kills ... I rawk

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So where's the Cockran proboards?

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Half of my kills were on uninjured targets, against whom I was unaided.

One shot.

One kill.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I think the one thing that confused me was on the day when the giant mob in B just moved straight past us into O. I had no idea they could just ignore us like that. If I did I would have suggested we pull back to O :(

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    on his list of proboards

http://cochsunited.proboards.com/

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Proboard Links @ Program Headquarters

There's a lot of Proboards for this game, heh.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    I think the one thing that confused me was on the day when the giant mob in B just moved straight past us into O. I had no idea they could just ignore us like that. If I did I would have suggested we pull back to O :(

the only way they could move to another inner zone was if they outnumbered you in the zone they were in.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Well their chastity belt is still locked.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Eh.

Awesome game, Blarney and Infy.

going to watch dollhouse now.

stupid mother's day flowers.

g'night kids.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

the only way they could move to another inner zone was if they outnumbered you in the zone they were in.

Yeah, and I had thought that you guys (the village) had inferred most of that, so it surprised me that you didn't fall back. If you had fallen back, you would have had a much, much better shot at victory.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Great game Mr.B and Infdel. I had fun while it lasted. I would play a non-phalla version of this game.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Haha, that was a wonderful game. Good job Blarney and Infidel, it was lots of fun!

Stupid Cochran spies for killing me :|...

Yeah though, I was also really surprised that everyone stayed in B...

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Well their chastity belt is still locked.

it should be good

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Thems the breaks. It was a game with somewhat complex rules, something was bound to be forgotten by us. It's just unfortunate it was such a crucial detail. :)

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Great game Mr.B and Infdel. I had fun while it lasted. I would play a non-phalla version of this game.

Phalla Royale III, don't you dare miss it! :D

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

If you blocked someone with your ability, were you notified if you actually did block an attack and by who?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited May 2009

If you blocked someone with your ability, were you notified if you actually did block an attack and by who?

Nope. Only guards were notified. That's how I caught Reflection acting stupid and attacking a HEALER on the first round.

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

When?

WHEN?

Oats on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I think he meant it was more the fact that if chen died while blocked I was the only archer in the vicinity to do it.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Yeah, and I had thought that you guys (the village) had inferred most of that, so it surprised me that you didn't fall back. If you had fallen back, you would have had a much, much better shot at victory.

They probably would have won I would say.

Lucky us. :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I think he meant it was more the fact that if chen died while blocked I was the only archer in the vicinity to do it.

That makes sense/

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Haha - nice game. My performance was amazingly lacking - I missed my only attack on an NPC and then proceeded to get vigged by JT. =P Good times.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The nation-calling was based on a specials power being used consecutively for 7 days in order to know how many Cochrans there were.

Then Spectrum abused it further and did a rollcall, which outed the two who unfortunately picked the faction that only had 3 players choose it at the start of the game, which was also the mason lord faction who had two retainers as his village power.

In other words, there were only 3 of them, and they all knew each other, so it owned RU and Law sorry. :)

Other than that it gave the network info to work with and made it a much closer game. It appeared at first to be a lot worse than it was imo.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oats wrote: »

When?

WHEN?

When it's ready... and asking further will only serve to delay it more :P

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png