Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    meh. it was my first phalla, what do you want, jesus on ice?

The secret of water walking, revealed!

I did worse, don't worry about being bad. Though I suggest sticking to basics for your first attempts.

I don't do basics. Convoluted is the only kind of game I want to run.

A warning; if you've only ever run complicated games, don't expect to run a traditional phalla without screwing up.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    meh. it was my first phalla, what do you want, jesus on ice?

The secret of water walking, revealed!

I did worse, don't worry about being bad. Though I suggest sticking to basics for your first attempts.

I don't do basics. Convoluted is the only kind of game I want to run.

A warning; if you've only ever run complicated games, don't expect to run a traditional phalla without screwing up.

see? I've been corrupted, I can't run a traditional game now!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Speaking of crazy, I... did not learn from Frosteey when it comes to crazy phalla. Trustful, or delusional?

Well, the Gurren Lagann Phalla brainstorm thread is up at the lounge. In an undetermined time, another will succumb.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Out of curiousity, when are we scheduled to have another D&D Phalla or CF Mini?

Nocturne on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Supposedly, "New World" was supposed to start in D&D yesterday. But that's the domain of Richy's thread. Minis aren't scheduled. People start them when there is room and when they want to and when the current host gives them permission to.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm still waiting for word back from Hylianbunny about whether my The Office Mini-Phalla is appropriately balanced. What's the general upper limit on a mini, anyway?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Thanks thorgot!

Nocturne on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Has there ever been any discussion about giving Phalla its own sub-subforum (a la Arcadia Battle League or whatever it is)? It would certainly see use, and ... well, I guess that's it.

Also, Terrendos: I think 24 is the unofficial limit, but I've seen 30 person minis too.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Has there ever been any discussion about giving Phalla its own sub-subforum (a la Arcadia Battle League or whatever it is)? It would certainly see use, and ... well, I guess that's it.

Also, Terrendos: I think 24 is the unofficial limit, but I've seen 30 person minis too.

Yes. It's probably best to leave the subject alone:
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »
    So Thin, how long ago was it that Tube rejected the proposal of giving Phalla games their own sub-forum?

b/c back then, they weren't as full-blown "popular" as they seem to be across the three forums (SE++ / CF / D&D) that they are played.

And they would be played in SE++ if those asking for approval would get responses.
    A few months.

I don't anticipate his answer changing, but I'll ask.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for word back from Hylianbunny about whether my The Office Mini-Phalla is appropriately balanced. What's the general upper limit on a mini, anyway?

Use discretion!

Discretion is the upper limit to pretty much anything phalla related except number of games at any given time. As long as we don't do something patently ridiculous, we're going to be fine. If we start getting crazy all up in here, then we're going to get people telling us to stop.

Rend on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Okay, assuming there's nobody who really really wants to go before me, I've got a mini ready, so I might check if it's okay with Varcayn.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    From 3 pages ago
    Varcayn wrote: »
    Looks like my game is up next then.

I'll get sign ups for my game up Monday or Tuesday evening. Either way the first night won't be ending til at least Friday as I want to ensure that I have enough time to resolve the first few days over the weekend.

Since my game has been delayed for the last month I've changed my theme to something far more complex and unique, which should hopefully be more entertaining for everyone, but I'll keep the theme underwraps until I get the game mechanics up in the next couple days. Consider it a surprise.

First come, first serve on minis is fine by me. You don't need to ask my permission.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hi5 Dunadan, browsing with my dad's laptop is a kind of hell. Cheers.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    now post it so I can sign up already and not miss out!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Give me an hour or so, I'll do it from my home PC :) This flat-panel mouse wannabe is about as sensitive as the skin of a rhino that's been force-fed 10lbs of sedative pills.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hmm... if 25 is the usual limit, I think I'll change my mechanics around a bit.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think (though I could be wrong) that the limit on minis is more about time than it is player limit, within reason. For instance, if your mechanics involve a total bloodbath with 8+ deaths a day, then you might be able to stretch it up to 40 players, because the game will still only take 5ish days. On the other hand, that's risky because of the risk of overlap.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I think (though I could be wrong) that the limit on minis is more about time than it is player limit, within reason. For instance, if your mechanics involve a total bloodbath with 8+ deaths a day, then you might be able to stretch it up to 40 players, because the game will still only take 5ish days. On the other hand, that's risky because of the risk of overlap.

The way I look at it a mini should:

A) be 60% or less in size compared to the current main
    B) be 5-8 days long, 8 days max
    C) not take away players attention from the current main
    D) not prevent signups for an upcoming main

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

40 players is absolutely too high for a mini. I know I'm a hypocrite for saying this, but if you have that many expected deaths a day you should change your mechanics. There'd be too many opportunities for overlaps, which would lengthen the game, and I can't see the players enjoying themselves.

Burnage on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Infidel popping in to repeat the same thing he does every time this comes up, god dammit.

4-6 days, that's a mini. If you have more than 30, your death toll mechanics are probably too random or unbalanced to make a good game out of it, and 25 is a good player count for a mini, trust us.

People step around on eggshells here when it comes to Phalla, except it seems on allowing mini's to drag out bit by bit which is a real issue we need to avoid. We have one main game and a few mini games allowed, if you start skewing the lines then you are breaking one of the few hard rules in place for Phalla and I don't want us getting owned over it.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2009
    I want to run Zoidphalla again. Good idea Y/N?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We need more robothero mini so why not i guess

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    damnit edcrab, You aren't gonna post your game until I go home which is gonna make me try to rush home to sign up for it which is gonna get me in a car accident and kill me.

you are literally killing me!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    robothero wrote: »

Given that day one included someone getting voted out but not dying, I'm sure I speak for Dac Vin when I say yes, yes you should.

Darian on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is the absolute best course of action.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    see, now i'm going home. if i never come back on, it was edcrab's fault.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    woooop wooop woop woop woop

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Darian wrote: »

Given that day one included someone getting voted out but not dying, I'm sure I speak for Dac Vin when I say yes, yes you should.

Well of course the hysteria around inflated voting numbers wouldn't be as prevalent the second go around.

What does the current mini line look like?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    If Dunadan calls, I was never here, and the mini's thread only appeared the exact moment he got back, alright? The date and time lies. Really.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Darian wrote: »

WAITFUCKRETRACTSUGGESTIONDIEINTHEBOWELOFSATAN

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Not only that, but the person with the most real votes wasn't even the person who was voted out only to not die.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We need to set up some sort of Phalla twitter account to announce when sign ups go up. I haven't played a game in almost a month just due to the fact that I keep missing every sign up.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You even managed to miss signups on the mains? Man, that takes effort.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Your dedication, is not. :!:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Infidel wrote: »

Not what?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Infidel wrote: »

Not what?

It just ain't. A twitter phalla account would be an awesome thing tho.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It just ain't. A twitter phalla account would be an awesome thing tho.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'll whip up another quick script. Could work like this I figure:
    • Signup your email address on the page to join the mailing list.
    • Someone (anyone) submits the URL to a phalla thread, it checks that it is in fact a thread with "phalla" anywhere in the title and hasn't been submitted already.
    • Sends an email to the list notifying about the new phalla and gives the thread link.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    do want

Orange Soda on
This discussion has been closed.