As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Obsolete Fallout thread - go to the new one!

1565758596062»

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    Minor megaton spoiler
    blow it up any time, moira survives

Tube on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tube, that spoiler has me so excited for a second playthrough.

Last night I finally ALMOST completed "blood ties". The quest is over, but I still have to return to Vance or whatever and tell him the deal is all good. I dont THINK I actually have to, but I want to know what he has to say about my awesome negotiation skills.

Either way - I managed to put together the Shishkabob he gave me. Holy fuck am I excited for tonight when I go take on "Those!"

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    That's actually the really tedious part of the blood ties quest. "ok go tell the dude" "ok go back and tell the other dude" "sweet go tell the dude that we said that's sweet" and it's a bit irritating.

Tube on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Tube, that spoiler has me so excited for a second playthrough.

Last night I finally ALMOST completed "blood ties". The quest is over, but I still have to return to Vance or whatever and tell him the deal is all good. I dont THINK I actually have to, but I want to know what he has to say about my awesome negotiation skills.

Either way - I managed to put together the Shishkabob he gave me. Holy fuck am I excited for tonight when I go take on "Those!"

He's not done giving stuff to you, as long as you did a speech/intelligence/some other attribute thing on him. Talk to him again after the quest is done with. Trust me, it helps. A LOT.

So with the Broken Steel expansion, is it possible to max out all your skills? I keep finding books all over the place and with the perk that gives you two skill per book, I've damn near got everything I need maxed out at level 16.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That's actually the really tedious part of the blood ties quest. "ok go tell the dude" "ok go back and tell the other dude" "sweet go tell the dude that we said that's sweet" and it's a bit irritating.

Makes one glad to have fast travel.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Fast travel to ANY landmark you find, not just towns, is the one feature that makes exploring the world a pure joy rather than something that makes you want to hurl the game out the window.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    MidViciousMidVicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    OK, to answer some confusion on this topic;

If you find that after some patch, or refusing some patch, or whatever, that your save files are missing, THEY ARE NOT ACTUALLY MISSING. They're just in a folder that's associated with your GFWL account. Moving them one folder up in the hierarchy will make them reappear in the game. The folder you're looking for is in My Documents/My Games/Fallout 3/*your GFWL account name*. Just move them up to the Fallout 3 folder, and you're peachy keen.

For anyone who has upgraded to 1.5 and broke all their mods, download Fallout Mod Manager, Fallout3Edit, and Fallout Mod Sorter, all from Fallout 3 Nexus. Put all of those into your Fallout 3/Data folder. Then, if you have DLC, go into the folder where GFWL stores it, which is Users/*username*/AppData/Local/Microsoft/XLive/DLC/4 25307d6/00000002 (note you'll have to enable "see hidden folders and files" in Windows to see these files). In this bizarrely named folder you'll find a bunch of more bizarrely named folders, each one of these containing a folder called "content". MOVE, NOT COPY everything in all the content folders into your Fallout 3/Data folder, leaving the content folders empty. Then run Fallout3Edit, with the -masterupdate switch. Then run Fallout Mod Manager, and tick all the mods you have that you want to run. Note that you must have all of the DLC ones ticked, as well as the base Fallout3 file. Don't worry about the load order. After you've done this, run Fallout Mod Sorter. FINALLY, run the game. Everything should work fine, except you won't get achievements or gamescore, but who gives a fuck.

Edit: A better written version of this info should probably go in the next OP, whoever's making it.

Thanks a million, Darth Nathan. You are a Sith Lord amongst Jedi... if that means anything to you.

MidVicious on
    "When you're in the type of business we're in, you don't get a criminal lawyer, you get a criminal lawyer!"
    -- Jesse, Breaking Bad
  • Options
    StrikerkcStrikerkc Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So with the Broken Steel expansion, is it possible to max out all your skills? I keep finding books all over the place and with the perk that gives you two skill per book, I've damn near got everything I need maxed out at level 16.

It was possible before the expansion came out if you really focused on it. But with an additional 10 levels, it much more easy to max out all the skills.

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Strikerkc wrote: »

It was possible before the expansion came out if you really focused on it. But with an additional 10 levels, it much more easy to max out all the skills.

Fine with me, just so long as the maxed out skill bug has been fixed.

I actually had the game glitch out on me three times near the raider cache just east of the Red Racer factory. Kept refusing to revert the game to normal after I used VATS.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Strikerkc wrote: »

Fine with me, just so long as the maxed out skill bug has been fixed.

I actually had the game glitch out on me three times near the raider cache just east of the Red Racer factory. Kept refusing to revert the game to normal after I used VATS.

oh yea, the max skill bug is fixed.

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    BlackDove wrote: »

Makes one glad to have fast travel.

yeah but you can't fast travel in sewers

so really it just makes one glad to be able to murder vance

Nuzak on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Yep. It's actually pretty easy to do even with just 20 levels.

You can do it with an INT of 4 if you find all the books/skill bobbleheads. If you're willing to spend the time with a checklist doing that- much of which can be done in the course of normal adventuring; whenever you hit a new location, check its entry and be sure to pick up any books before you leave- then you can put 40 points in every skill from normal leveling and still max them all out with bobbleheads and books.

Since getting every skill to 40 is pretty easy with even an INT of 4, starting with a higher intelligence than that makes it so you don't even need to find every book. No skill perks needed, nor the one that gives you 3 extra points each level. It's kind of tedious, if you want every skill maxed out without having to go through that just start with a higher INT, consider taking Educated and Comprehension, and just read whatever books you find. I'd still recommend hunting down all the bobbleheads and making sure to get the +10 Speech necklace thingy from Oasis.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is there a 360-friendly way to get your hirelings to unequip things that might be the best they have? I like Charon, but he looks stupid in Tesla armor.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The following is a list of mods I find awesome. They may have been linked before, but I do not care.
    EDIT- I will add any cool/awesome/kitten-centric mods to this list. Just ask.

Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM)

What the Moder has to say:
    A collection of utilities related to both creating and using mods. Current features include:
    - One click mod installation and removal
    - Setting active mods and changing load order.
    - Extracting bsa's
    - Repacking bsa's
    - Low level esp editor and script compiler (TESsnip)
    - sdp editor

What I say:

This is an absolute must have program. If you want to run mods this is the way to do it.

Fallout Mod Sorter (FOMS)

FOMS will arrange your Fallout 3 mod load order according to best practices, author and user recommendations, and brute force testing.

Included with FOMS is an XML file of the best load order we know of for every mod we have data on. You can change this template, or make your own, but we recommend you at least start with ours for the smoothest possible experience.

What I say:

Do no confuse this mod with the Fallout Mod Manager. This mod automatically sorts your mods for the best/optimal/compatible list order. You no longer have to manually figure out which mods should load before other mods because this program does it for you. I strongly recommend downloading this mod. It really does help eleminate a few mod related headaches.

Marts Mutant Mod - RC 2

* Every creature and NPC is unique with its own stats, size, confidence, health, damage and even skin (texture)
    * Creatures and NPCs suffer improved wounding effects such as visible bleedng and statistic penalties
    * Creatures and NPCs can loot the corpses of fallen enemies, afterwhich you can find this loot if you kill them
    * Creatures and NPCs have improved behavioural AI based on class -- in any given group some may be aggressive towards you, some may be ambivalent, and others may avoid you outright.
    * Configurable increased spawns allow you tailor how many creatures and NPCs spawn in the game at any given spawn point
    * Improved faction system to better reflect inter-faction relations and ensure the player isn't the center of the universe
    * New creatures and NPCs to add variety to the wasteland -- all hand-crafted with their own stats, abilities, loot, weapons, textures and in some cases scripted AI behavior.

What I say:

Marts Mutant Mod is honestly one of the first things you should download when you first install Fallout 3. It adds a ton of awesome mutants/npcs. Plus it removes the scaled monsters. So be careful when walking out into the wastes after first leaving the Vault, you may run into giant scorpions, mutant bears, or worse.

DarNified UI F3

If you're unfamiliar with DUI for Oblivion, the goal is to make the UI look more at home on the PC. This means smaller fonts, more visible items in the lists, and scaling of some elements. Though improved, the F3 ui is a little too big for my taste, hence DUI F3.

What I say:

This gives you a UI that is not offensive to the eyeballs. If you played Oblivion then you more than likely had this mod installed too.

VATS MCE

VATS Manual Chance Evaluation is a slight revision of the standard VATS accuracy formula which will put a much greater emphasis on your weapon skill and the base accuracy of your chosen weapon rather than simply the distance to your target.

As a small bonus it will lower the VATS zoom factor and remove the nonsensical wear VATS used to apply to your weapon.

What I say:

This one is an oldie, but goodie. It changes the formula that determines accuracy in VATS. Original it was distance from the target that determined your accuracy, but with this mod its actually your weapon skill. Which honestly makes way to much fucking sense. Basically you can now be that super badass sniper you always wanted to be.

Amplified Crippled Effects

The the Moder has to say:
    New from Vault-Tec, Amplified Crippled Effects, or ACE, works towards making crippling limbs a very viable thing to do in combat. Cripple an enemies legs, and they slow to a crawl. Cripple the arms, and their aim goes way off. Cripple the head to reduce their aim by half blinding them. Cripple the torso, and their strength and endurance drop sharply, the enemy stumbles when you hit their already broken ribs and pound their guts.

Of course, this works the opposite way around. If you get a leg crippled, you will soon find yourself limping through the wasteland and with your head crippled you will find it hard to see.

What I say:

Perhaps this one is not for everyone, but I enjoy my combat to be crazy. This certainly makes things crazy. Nothing better then surviving a brutal super mutant assault with a broken arm, broken leg, and a few smashed ribs. Then limping back to the nearest place these people ironically call "civilization".

Fallout Script Extender

The Fallout Script Extender, or FOSE for short, is a modder's resource that expands the scripting capabilities of Fallout 3. It does so without modifying the Fallout3.exe or the G.E.C.K. files on disk, so there are no permanent side effects.

FOSE is incompatible with Windows Live, so when running via fose_loader.exe, Live will be disabled. As Live operates as a cheat-detection tool similar to Punkbuster or VAC, FOSE's in-memory modifications are inherently incomptible. Don't worry about being banned or anything like that, everything still works when running Fallout normally. To download DLC, launch fallout3.exe directly instead of via the loader. After downloading the DLC, you will then need to move the DLC files in to the Fallout data folders to use them like any other mod.

What I say:

FOSE is not really a mod itself, but it is a tool used by other badass mods. What kind of badass mods you ask. . . .

Sprint Mod

Sprinting takes action points, and if you run out, you'll have to wait for them to recharge. The more endurance you have, the less AP it takes to sprint, and the more agility you have, the faster you'll go. The amount of weight you're carrying also affects your speed.

There are certain situations in which you will be unable to sprint, such as when your legs are broken, or when you're overencumbered.

Various screen effects are used to enhance the sense of speed.

For a readout of your speed and distance potential and access to various settings, use the Pedometer located in the apparel section of your inventory.

Perks:

Tackle
    Sprint into a hostile enemy (they have to be hostile) to attempt to tackle them. Your strength and unarmed skill will be compared to their strength and endurance, and if you win, they'll be knocked over. If you lose by too much you might be knocked down yourself, so watch out! Attempting a tackle takes 1/4 of your AP, so don't waste it all on the way there.

Charge!
    With this perk, you can keep your weapon out while sprinting. Don't expect to be very accurate while you're doing this, though.

What I say:

Its a mod that allows you to sprint. Sprinting should have been something already in the main game. I would almost consider this a "bug-fix". Plus it adds to neat perks. Speaking of perks. . . .

Ultimate Perk Pack

All files here will work perfectly by themselves, however for the full experience, all UPP mods should be used. Combined, they add over 70 high quality perks to the world of Fallout 3, along with new unique icons for some of these new perks (only Pack 2 currently).

What I say:

Like the moder says, it adds over 70 perks to the game, there is also an option to change the default perks to be more "fallout-y" I guess. Many of the perks in the UPP are great and fit right at home in fallout, more so than the original perks IMO.

Fallout 3 Balance Overhaul

Included in this rar are several "modular" (you pick and choose) esps. Overall, the mods rebalance the game, slow leveling, moderately increase difficulty, and enrich the game with greater depth and tactics, as well as provide a more meaningful character-building process. You don't need a new game, and you can choose new options every time you play!

What I say:

It makes "survival" your main objective in Fallout 3. You will need to eat, drink, and sleep. Radiation is far, far more dangerous. Everything deals a lot more damage. (Pro Tip: Beware of snipers). I strongly recommend following the link and reading up on it. It really contains way to much stuff for me to get in to.

Phalanx- Follower's Mod

(Axen- y'know what he says a lot of stuff, but nothing useful)

What I say:

This mod makes you able to recruit as many followers as you want. It also removes the Karma requirement for RL3, Butch, and Jericho. Very cool mod and perhaps needed if you take a lot of the other mods that makes the wastes far more deadly.

There is another version of this mod that adds a number of things like ownable camp sites and three new companions one of which is a robotic talking dog, but I didn't think you guys would be interested in that. :P

Multiple Ways to Attain Power Armor Training

Are you ever annoyed that the ONLY way you can learn to use Power Armor is by progressing through the the Main Quest? Have you ever wished that there would be some way to avoid the Brotherhood, yet still gain the ability to use Power armor? Now you can!

This mod adds two other ways to attain Power Armor training. Now there are optional add-ons that add even more ways!

1. If you bring Protector Casdin at Fort Independence enough technology to gain the Outcast's trust, he'll give you a set of Outcast Power armor and teach you how to use it.

2. Go the Fort Constantine, and find the terminal next to the T-51B Power Armor. From the terminal you can download a Power Armor manual to your Pip-Boy

What I say:

Well, what is there to say? This mod is great for replays in that you don't have to touch the main quest at all to get power armor.

Wearable Backpack - BlackWolf Backpack

This mod adds a backpack with new model that you can wear. It increases your carry weight by 35lbs or 50lbs.

What I say:

I really like this mod not just for the extra carry weight, but because the backpacks look awesome!

Explosive Entry

Explosive Entry allows you to bust inside almost any container or door using explosives. This is considered to NOT be a cheat mod and it is balanced to the best of my abilities using your explosives skill, luck stat, and ranks of the "Demolition Expert" perk. Based on your explosive skill you will be able to use a wider variety of ammunition and weapons to break a lock. A player with poor explosive skills may need a mininuke to open a tough lock that a master of explosives could do with a frag grenade or two. Depending on the game settings there is also a chance of the timer malfunctioning or the explosive destroying items inside a container.

What I say:

You can use explosive to upon up shit that is locked. . . what more need I say?!

UU Unique Uniques

After finding a named weapon in the game, I was unimpressed with their appearance. I found myself selling them as I found them, not really having a sense that these weapons were one of a kind. I had been wanting to edit some textures for a while, and thought this would be a worthwhile pursuit. I was unaware that the games file structure (edited with FOMM) was as complicated as it is, and saw a challenge I could really get into. Editing these "unique items" requires you to edit the old mesh, texture, and item profile in the fallout3.esm (later made into an .esp).

What I say:

It gives all the Unique weapons out there its own texture. It really helps to make these weapons feel, well, unique. The mod does not fuck with the weapons stats or anything like that. It just makes them stand out is all.

Classic Fallout Weapons BETA

All weapons can be found in shops, in the hands of raiders, Enclave troops, Brotherhood members, supermutants, NPCs etc.

What I say:

Okay the Moder didn't say much. I will let this speak for both of us:
    2307-1-1233613499.jpg
    Well that Cattle Prod can go die in a fire though. Its basically a one hit kill. Plus some weapons do not have a real reload animation. Still I love this mod! It adds such a large diversity to the weapons, even if some are a bit cheap.

TheOutbreaks Wasteland Moods Series

Welcome to TheOutbreak's Wasteland Moods Series!

This mod features several different themes which you can use to customize the look of the Fallout 3 outdoor
    environments

What I say:

Okay so the Moder's description aint much. The mod comes with a number of "moods". Here are some pictures:

6550-1-1244968512.jpg

6550-1-1244968471.jpg

6550-1-1244968435.jpg

6550-1-1244200494.jpg

6550-1-1244200564.jpg

6550-1-1244200602.jpg

Plus the mod comes with a "cycler" option that randomly changes between the "moods".

Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow

This mod adds rain and snow to Fallout.

What I say:

This mod adds rain and snow to Fallout.

Oh! And an option for Radioactive Rain!

GNR -- More Where That Came From

If you are tired of hearing "Let's Go Sunning," this is the mod for you. It adds between 20 and 100 new songs to Three Dog's Playlist using a special version of PimpBot's excellent GNR Extender Mod. Also, thanks to PimpBot's meddling, on average you will hear 6 songs before Three Dog cuts in again. It also retains the original songs instead of replacing them.

What I say:

This is probably the second must have mod. Like the moder says it adds an ass load of new theme/time appropriate music to the GNR station. The mod is broken up into 5 track packs of 20 songs.

Existence 2.0

This mod adds a new radio station to your Pip-Boy 3000.

"Existence 2.0" is hosted by JunK'et, a (yet) unknown model of
    robot wrought with perpetual existential angst and general
    malaise toward the world's current Existence.

Jaded with this bleak world, It broadcasts "experimental ambient
    terror" music and sound design across the wasteland to echo
    "humanity's new existence 2.0", and shares It's views on survival and
    what is 'being'; backstory revealing it's past and intentions are
    revealed throughout the broadcasts.

What I say:

This is another awesome radio mod. Only people who hate kittens do not have this mod. Do you hate kittens?

Tenpenny Tower Radio

Do you ever know Tenpenny Tower Radio? Well, actually Monsieur Tenpenny has his own radio station in his mansion.
    I found there was an unused radio station in the original game--Tenpenny Tower Radio, when I was using G.E.C.K.. So I extract the original voices from the original game, edited those by myself, and recoverd the lost radio station. The speech is from Alister Tenpenny himself --believe me, his speech is no worse than President Eden's, althougth I can not accept all of his points -- and the music is from Vault 101 PA system, since you can not pick up the broadcast after you leave Vault 101, I think this will make it up.

What I say:

Okay this one may not be a "must have", but its still kinda cool to listen to Tenpenny spout his elitist bullshit.

Named - Wasteland

Names almost all of the wastelands generically named charecters. The all-in-one version of my previous "Named:x" seris mods.

Essentially, no more "Megaton Settler" or "Underworld resident."

What I say:

So this one is really just a simple mod. Something about all the NPCs actually having names makes things a bit more immersive to me.

Praise Atom

I found it odd that people who lived around and worshipped the bomb for 200 years never put the bomb in a better position or constructed a shrine around it, this changes that a little.
    This shouldn't affect the Power of Atom quest in any way, all it does is move the bomb and Confessor Cromwell and add some static parts.

What I say:

The mod does this
    1347-1-1229126745.jpg
    Its really just a small aesthetic choice.

Global Travel System (GTS)

The Global Travel System, or GTS, first and foremost is a MODDER'S RESOURCE.

When a modder creates a worldspace, GTS provides an entire globe of maps into which the modder can place the worldspace. These maps are community owned, versus being under Bethesda control.

GTS goes further by seeking to increase the sense of immersion in the Fallout world by establishing a series of vehicles that are used for fast travel between discovered locations. GTS gives the PC a choice between a Motorcycle or a Highwayman for fast travel over land, and a Rusty Cutter or Speedboat for travel over water.

GTS also provides the PC with a well-appointed home within the Vehicle Fleet Storage facility.

Finally, GTS provides the PC with a Computer Terminal for controlling GTS Settings, Companion Settings, Player Appearance Settings, and customizing the included Vehicle Fleet with free themes.

As with many mods, making it do what we want requires a good deal of “tricks” which are unavoidable. The use of these “tricks” results in a few GTS UI “features” that may take a bit of getting used to. We are always working to make the interface more intuitive, and 3.0 should help with that a lot. But it will always be built around certain limitations within the game engine. That's why reading this information is so important.

What I say:

Well, not much never used it. Sounds cool. Ask Deaderinred, he seems to be in the know.

Warhammer 40k Space Marine armor

Become the Space Marine you've always wanted to be! With a complete redesign of the vanilla Power Armor, you can look exactly like the Emperor's finest.

What I say:

Do I need to say anything? Just look at this!
    4651-1-1239565263.jpg

4651-1-1238133150.jpg

4651-1-1240796838.jpg

4651-3-1240796838.jpg

J3Xified Driveable Motorcycle

Adds motorcycles to the Wasteland for you to repair, cruise around on and upgrade and pimp with weapons, awesome textures and crazy inventions. - "Nothing is better than first cripple a raider with your dual miniguns then crush his skull under your wheel!"

What I say:

It sure looks cool and the mod adds several different types of motorcycles. Weapons seem a bit much, but eh.

Enclave Commander

Command everything from a small strike squad to a whole army using the most advanced squad command system for Fallout III.
    Call in Airstrikes, carpet bombing runs, missile strikes, orbital strikes, reinforcements & transports wherever you want it, just point with your mouse!
    Five different factions to call in soldiers from; Enclave, Brotherhood of Steel, US army & Brotherhood Outcast.
    6 different kinds of humanoid soldiers and 6 different kinds of robots to call it, including everything from stealth units and scientists to Chimera tanks.

Take prisoners and strip them of their belongings, enslave them or execute them.
    Fast travel everywhere in the game using the Vertibird transport. Either use the pipboy to set the target position or fast travel to 8 player defined positions.
    Get XP from your soldiers kills.
    And much more...

What I say:

Indeed, this mod is totally badass! Though perhaps best used by people who have done most all there is to do in Fallout 3. This mod combined with MMM Increased Increased Spawns is so much fun, it will probably melt your CPU.

Buildable Bots

This mod adds a new room to the Robot Repair Centre near canterberry commons, containing the equipment required to build your own robots.

Building robots requires parts that can be scavenged off robots you find and kill in the wasteland. Certain junk objects can be modified via your robot workbench into useable robotic components (such as conductors).

Once built, each robot has the basic functionality of a companion NPC - they can be told to follow, wait, or patrol the area.

What I say:

Now you can finally live out your Mechanist fantasies! Being able to scavenge robo pieces and then build my own metal death machine is pretty awesome. IIRC the robots are non-essential, so they should stay down when killed.

Weapon Mod Kits

Weapon Modification Kits - or 'Weapon Mod Kits' - allow you to use standard Workbenches to modify your favourite firearms with a range of handy attachments:

- Auto-Fire Mechanism (AF): Adds full-auto firing capability to most guns that do not have it otherwise (also increases weapon spread by around 50% and reduces weapon to 65% of its default accuracy in VATS).
    - Extended Magazine/Clip (EC): Doubles magazine/clip capacity.
    - Laser Sight (LS): Increases accuracy (reduces weapon spread by around 33% and increases weapon accuracy in VATS by 25%).
    - Scope (SC): Can use scope to sight targets, increases range by 30%.
    - Silencer (SI): Makes weapon silent, reduces damage and projectile speed (by around 10% each).

What I say:

I love mods like this because they provide a use for all the scrap and junk you find. Plus being able to custom tool your weapon is pretty cool too.

Alternate Start - Roleplayers

Alternate Start - Roleplayers is a mod that significantly speeds up the character creation process (skips the birth and entire vault tutorial area) and aims to change up the first few levels of the game a bit by adding new history choices.

These choices can, and will impact the entire game as you play through. They will permanently modify your SPECIAL, Perks, and/or Skills. Each History also possesses a unique starting location, along with unique gear.

There is a history called No Significant Background for those that don't wish to have their stats modified. You start off with the same equipment as the Vault Dweller but no bonuses or penalties are applied to SPECIAL, Skills, Perks, or anything else.

What I say:

This mod is great for those of us who have played the game multiple times and are looking for a new challenge. Trying creating a "Raider" character and see how long you can last out in the waste. :)

GreenWorld

This MOD changes the tree and the grass into green.
    It became tired of the world that went to ruin.
    Want to see green occasionally.

What I say:

Well, engrish aside, this mod is somewhat neat. Take a look;
    2456-4-1230749609.jpg

Killable Children

This mod enables you to kill any or all of the children in Fallout 3. Keep in mind that due to the fact that you aren't normally supposed to be able to kill children there are some graphical glitches when you kill them. See the screenshots included with the file for more information. As a by-product of what this mod does it also allows you to play a child.

What I say:

You know what this is, you have your reasons.

NPC Height Randomizer

This mod runs once upon first loading a save or starting a new game. It assigns each permanent-reference NPC a random height within a specific (and somewhat arbitrary) range of allowable heights. It does this via scripting without ever touching the base NPC records, so there are no conflict/compatibility issues to worry about. No children or ghouls are altered. Also, most (but not all) generic NPCs, like raiders, Enclave soldiers, etc, could not be altered with this method, so they are left alone.

What I say:

It adds diversity to the NPCs. Its pretty cool.

Enclave Commander: Warhammer 40k Edition

Just like the original enclave commander but now you command Space Marines, Chaos Marines and the Imperial guard. all of them have unique voice quotes, also heroes will help you in combat. You can command allies or spawn enemies!

What I say:

OH FUCK YEAH!!!!
    5579-3-1242614752.JPG

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i find the lack of GTS disturbing.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How is Wasteland Moods? I'd like some sort of weather mod, but nothing too drastic. Just a duststorm every once in a while. Is there a setting for that?

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How is Wasteland Moods? I'd like some sort of weather mod, but nothing too drastic. Just a duststorm every once in a while. Is there a setting for that?

What those pics show is exactly what it is all the time. The moods don't really add actual weather patterns. As an example, that Duststorm mood will always be dust stormy.

edit- Actually with the Cycler option the game will change from one mood to the other while you play. I haven't personally used it yet, but it does sound pretty bitch'n.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Krathoon wrote: »
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    Oh, and Anadale?

What the fuck, guys? What the fuck?

Did not expect that.

Yeah. I heard of that one. I am hesitant to play it out.
    Ok. I played it and the parents were destroyed with their own rippers. The back lawn is littered with their pieces. Also, Fawkes was there to watch my back.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh, and Anadale?

Did not expect that.

Ok. I played it and the parents were destroyed with their own rippers. The back lawn is littered with their pieces. Also, Fawkes was there to watch my back.

So how do you get something to happen in that town? I just talked to people, blah blah nicest town ever blah blah crazy old man blah blah. Stole the shed key and saw the grossness, but I'm curious if there's something vaguely quest-related there.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Have you walked out of the shed yet?

There's no real quest, it's a "hidden" quest, if anything. Just an event.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh, and Anadale?

Did not expect that.

So how do you get something to happen in that town? I just talked to people, blah blah nicest town ever blah blah crazy old man blah blah. Stole the shed key and saw the grossness, but I'm curious if there's something vaguely quest-related there.

When you come out of the shed, they should have been there to ambush you.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh, and Anadale?

Did not expect that.

It's just Andale, it's own little slice of creepy in the wasteland.

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh, and Anadale?

Did not expect that.

When you come out of the shed, they should have been there to ambush you.

Ah. Silly me reloaded, since I'm paranoid at killing anyone named.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh man. Those pics of the 40k Power Armor are sweet as hell.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, the new DLC hits on Tuesday, right? Or did I misread somewhere?

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Quick question - started "Those!", loved it. Just finished the queen part. Went back to Bryan, and want to help the poor kid out.

But I have my trusty list of places not to go until the main story dictates it, and noticed "Dr. Li in Rivet City." Am I better off putting little Bryan on hold, and returning to the main quest (I havent done any of it at all after just getting info out of Moriarty), and re-visiting and finishing "Those!" after I've made it that far? Or is Dr. Li really easy to just avoid and not stumble upon?

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Quick question - started "Those!", loved it. Just finished the queen part. Went back to Bryan, and want to help the poor kid out.

But I have my trusty list of places not to go until the main story dictates it, and noticed "Dr. Li in Rivet City." Am I better off putting little Bryan on hold, and returning to the main quest (I havent done any of it at all after just getting info out of Moriarty), and re-visiting and finishing "Those!" after I've made it that far? Or is Dr. Li really easy to just avoid and not stumble upon?

Yeah, just stay always from the labs/science part. The person who helps the kid is another one. even if you meet Dr. Li on the corridors, just don't initiate a dialogue and you'll be fine.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MidViciousMidVicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Axen wrote: »
    The following is a list of mods I find awesome. They may have been linked before, but I do not care.
    EDIT- I will add any cool/awesome/kitten-centric mods to this list. Just ask.

Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM)

huge list of mods

For anyone with a huge list of mods like Axen or myself, FO3Edit is a program that is absolutely essential.

Hi, I'm Midvicious, you might remember me from such posts as, "Windows Live owns your soul!" and "Windows Live committed forced entry and anally raped me with a broken patch!" and "Fuck Windows Live, fuck it right up it's stupid ass!"

Well, FO3Edit saved my mods broken by the 1.5 patch. Master Update is essential. Just an FYI for anyone using a lot of mods like myself. You can download it here: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=637

To use: Once you download it, rename the executable to F03MasterUpdate.exe. It will completely change the functionailty of the program. It will then update your Fallout 3 and all of your mods, showing you where any conflicts and errors are. If you find one, remove the conflicting file and run the program again.

I was pretty surprised to find that I had a conflict, not in a complicated mod, but in a rather simple clothing item mod. Things like that make this program essentially, especially after the disastrous 1.5 patch Bethesda decided to release in all their glorious wisdom.

MidVicious on
    "When you're in the type of business we're in, you don't get a criminal lawyer, you get a criminal lawyer!"
    -- Jesse, Breaking Bad
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Just don't talk to Li. She doesn't pick you out of the crowd and start a quest or something, you can even stand in front of her and jump up and down and it won't do a darn thing.

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What exactly does Dr. Li do to change things? I know she's part of the main quest... but talking to her initiates something irreversable or something?

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Awesome. Now that I know it's a she, I'll be much better off too. I'll just run into Rivet, get this kid a home, and run out, and do my exploring later. Thanks!

mxmarks on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm not sure what talking to Li does, IIRC she
    sends you off to find dear old dad in the vault where you get to do the awesome VR stuff, I don't recall the Enclave arriving in force until after Dad comes back. And honestly the Enclave makes things more interesting, they're a much more interesting random encounter then the critters or the (by that point) laughable super muties and raiders.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Robman wrote: »
    I'm not sure what talking to Li does, IIRC she
    sends you off to find dear old dad in the vault where you get to do the awesome VR stuff, I don't recall the Enclave arriving in force until after Dad comes back. And honestly the Enclave makes things more interesting, they're a much more interesting random encounter then the critters or the (by that point) laughable super muties and raiders.

That's all she does

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    OK, so how does talking to her ruin exploration in the world then?

Robman on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Robman wrote: »
    OK, so how does talking to her ruin exploration in the world then?

It doesn't, but it DOES force you to skip parts of the main quest, which is why she's in the "don't talk unless you've gotten to her" section.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What exactly does Dr. Li do to change things? I know she's part of the main quest... but talking to her initiates something irreversable or something?

She moves the story forward with a new quest.

BTW, holy shit the greenworld mod is cool but it adds WAAAAY too many trees. I think i'm gonna take it out.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I made the mistake of talking to Li early in my original play-through, and ended up skipping the entire GNR section of story. WHOOPS!

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Jay FoxfireJay Foxfire Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't know if this is the place to ask but has anyone heard about Fallout: New Vegas lately?
    In Mothership Zeta there is a computer in the cargo hold of the ship that you can access and unlock a safe that I don't think is on board the ship. Since Vegas isn't too far from Area 51 and it fits the conspiracy theories on the computer, you think the chest might be in the new game?

Jay Foxfire on
    Mailman12089.jpg