Options

Ghostbusters - Out NOW! - Bustin' makes us feel good.

• Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Sollah wrote: »
    So, is there much of a difference between the PC version and 360/PS3 versions besides the lack of multiplayer in the former? I already got it for the PC since I wasn't interested in online, I'm just curious if there's any differences in the single player modes.

So far I am loving the game, though. The story's great, the levels are awesome, the dialogue fits each character really well, and the gameplay is better then I expected. I really love the simple variety of weapons the proton pack has. There may only be four different types, but I find myself switching up between them all quite a bit more then I did in a lot of first person shooter games. I mean, sure, you could prolly go through the whole game using only one type, but each weapon has a clear advantage depending on the type of enemies you're fighting that it makes fights much easier if you switch around. Well, to me, anyways.

End boss fight
    I was a little disappointed that his weakness was the meson collider. I really felt like the last weapon you use in the game should be the standard proton pack.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I must be the only person on psn to buy their copy at bestbuy. Every time I select the zombie skin at least one person asks how I got it. Or "what the hell is that?"

Don't care too much for the protection missions, but everything else is just awsome.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Malechai wrote: »
    I must be the only person on psn to buy their copy at bestbuy. Every time I select the zombie skin at least one person asks how I got it. Or "what the hell is that?"

Don't care too much for the protection missions, but everything else is just awsome.

I didn't think I'd care for the Ghoul skin, but it looks really cool in-game.

I was also hoping that The Mayor looked a bit more like Brian-Doyle Murray.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i bought at best buy, 360 ver. but where's the code? is it in a seperate box?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    i bought at best buy, 360 ver. but where's the code? is it in a seperate box?

It's on a slip of paper stuck in where the manual is.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    hm i don't have that O_o

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    AlienCowThatMoosAlienCowThatMoos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    hm i don't have that O_o

Neither do I. Must be an American only thing.

AlienCowThatMoos on
    SpidermanSig.jpg
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    hm i don't have that O_o

Neither do I. Must be an American only thing.

I'd gladly trade my zombie/mayor multiplayer skins for the extra european maps.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "I've seen shit that will turn you WHITE!"

Bill Murray marathon on AMC - Ghostbusters now (Pacific time) and Ghostbusters II then Caddyshack...

Wish there was a better way to play with friends in ranked matches.

Hawk on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, I forgot how bad Ghostbusters 2 is.

tofu on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    tofu wrote: »
    Man, I forgot how fucking incredible Ghostbusters 2 is.

freakish light on
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Why the Ghostbusters 2 hate? :(

Igort on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Because it's an awful movie? You have to wonder what happened because Ghostbusters is so good, and everyone came back.

tofu on
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    I also hate Ghostbusters II. Why? Because its just a poorly written film that wastes both the characters of the universe and the talent playing them.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well Ghostbusters 1 is coming on at 7:00pm central time zone on my AMC. With Ghostbusters 2 following immediately after. Guess what I will be watching 2 also so go fuck yourselves. That's like saying you didnt like half your room of gold bars because that side was dirty. It's the only room filled with gold that exists motherfucker enjoy it.

I'm forcing you to enjoy it.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I watched Ghostbusters 2 on AMC and it helped me remember how much it sucks.

That's why I came to post about it.

tofu on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I watched Ghostbusters 2 on AMC and it helped me remember how much it sucks.

That's why I came to post about it.

Watch it again and then come play ghostbusters with me.

I have the grey suit.

I'm also five years old

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Because it's an awful movie? You have to wonder what happened because Ghostbusters is so good, and everyone came back.

Bill Murray said himself (and I' paraphrasing) that the reason for Ghostbusters 2 suckatude is because the "special effects" guys got a hold of the script and after that the story was just gone. It pretty much turned into "lets see how much special effects we can cram in" without any real regard to what made the first movie great: the characters.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That certainly would make sense.

Costanza, I wish I could partake in the Bustin' but I am too poor, I spend my game money on Prototype already.

tofu on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well Ghostbusters 1 is coming on at 7:00pm central time zone on my AMC. With Ghostbusters 2 following immediately after. Guess what I will be watching 2 also so go fuck yourselves. That's like saying you didnt like half your room of gold bars because that side was dirty. It's the only room filled with gold that exists motherfucker enjoy it.

So...

People that enjoyed The Matrix should also enjoy Reloaded, Revolutions and The Animatrix? Simply because they're all that's left of that property?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

So...

People that enjoyed The Matrix should also enjoy Reloaded, Revolutions and The Animatrix? Simply because they're all that's left of that property?
    Let's not go to extremes now.

edit: and by that I mean whereas I view Ghostbusters as an outstanding franchise with maybe one bad movie. I view the matrix as a shitty franchise with maybe one good movie. Animatrix wasn't all that bad though. Alternatively, why are you comparing ghostbusters to the matrix?

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Because I thought both were entertaining movies that really didn't need (and did not benefit from) sequels?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Because I thought both were entertaining movies that really didn't need (and did not benefit from) sequels?

That's a fair and respectable opinion. I just believe that Ghostbusters is on a level of greatness that the matrix completely fails to attain. It's like comparing Eddie Murphy to.... Charlie Murphy?

It's like comparing Chris Rock to Katt Williams. If Katt Williams quit comedy and then underwent a gender change.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    come on now

ghostbusters 2 may not have been as good as 1, but by no means was it a bad movie

Joolander on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    so this game is pretty fucking awesome

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sollah wrote: »
    So, is there much of a difference between the PC version and 360/PS3 versions besides the lack of multiplayer in the former? I already got it for the PC since I wasn't interested in online, I'm just curious if there's any differences in the single player modes.

So far I am loving the game, though. The story's great, the levels are awesome, the dialogue fits each character really well, and the gameplay is better then I expected. I really love the simple variety of weapons the proton pack has. There may only be four different types, but I find myself switching up between them all quite a bit more then I did in a lot of first person shooter games. I mean, sure, you could prolly go through the whole game using only one type, but each weapon has a clear advantage depending on the type of enemies you're fighting that it makes fights much easier if you switch around. Well, to me, anyways.

End boss fight
    I was a little disappointed that his weakness was the meson collider. I really felt like the last weapon you use in the game should be the standard proton pack.

To hell with that noise, I used the proton pack. Granted, it involved more running around than would have been necessary otherwise.

Really, I kind of wish there had been an option to turn off the additional upgrades appearance, so you can go around with the 'original flavor' proton pack. Maybe I'm just too much of a purist though.

Finally got around to playing a multiplayer match on XBL. Took a while to find one. Totally fucking awesome. Though I guess your stats are only updated if you play ranked matches, rather than just player matches.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah but I like the different "flavors" of the Proton pack.

Whether or not a 3rd Ghostbusters movie gets made, I would love to see the games continue...but it'll be heard to see how...

Hawk on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Man, I'm looking up the Real Ghostbusters, and I forgot they turned Egon into a blonde. Weirdest character change ever.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Egon reminds me of the doctor on TF2.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    one thing i think needs to be in a sequel to the game (fingers crossed one gets made) is Co-op campaign in some form

because as it is right now my roommate and i are taking turns playing, going by the good old stand-by from the SNES days of "play till you die or the next level comes"

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Joolander wrote: »
    one thing i think needs to be in a sequel to the game (fingers crossed one gets made) is Co-op campaign in some form

because as it is right now my roommate and i are taking turns playing, going by the good old stand-by from the SNES days of "play till you die or the next level comes"

I'm planning on Gameflying the Wii version for the co-op alone, and buying it if it turns out to be good. It's a fucking crime this game doesn't have co-op on the HD systems.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ghostbusters is on right now. AMC. Everyone watch it with me and then come play Ghostbusters with me.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    come on now

ghostbusters 2 may not have been as good as 1, but by no means was it a bad movie

Here is a handy chart I have produced, you can print it out and it fits in your wallet!

ghostbustersg.jpg

tofu on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    come on now

Here is a handy chart I have produced, you can print it out and it fits in your wallet!

GB1 vs Average Movie vs GB2[IMG][/img]

While I don't agree with that really- :^:

Think I'll need to snag this at some point. Question is Wii or 360. Choices choices!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    come on now

ghostbustersg.jpg

Lies!

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    come on now

GB1 vs Average Movie vs GB2[IMG][/img]

While I don't agree with that really- :^:

Think I'll need to snag this at some point. Question is Wii or 360. Choices choices!

Both.

The 360 game and Wii game are both excellent, and for different reasons.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What are the different online modes for the Wii version?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Heir wrote: »
    What are the different online modes for the Wii version?

There are none.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I thought he was being sarcastic for a moment.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The thing that makes the game so awesome .... they really captured exactly how I dreamed it would feel like to capture a ghost in the stream and then pull it into the trap.

Most of the reviewers are right on the money ... without the ghost buster liscense it would just be an average game, but the story and the feel of the proton pack combined with massive amounts of nogestalia (sp?) makes the game a winner to me.

I just finished
    Stay Puff
    , looking forward to seeing new material now.

Bamelin on