As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 7/29/09: Do as He Has Done

13»

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I had no idea they had that much of a history. I know some of the Top Cow stuff from the 90's, but I had never heard of Cyberforce before this particular truly awful crossover event with the New Avengers and the Dark Avengers. Which is so bad that it makes everyone involved seem like the worst possible characters.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My MotW so far - seeing the following image (spoilered for size) posted over at the John Byrne Forum - the guy can still draw his ass off when he wants to:
    snip

Edit: And a link to a larger version:

http://imgboot.com/images/bchrys/doom_2.jpg
    I like how
    Stupid ass batman is the only one that isn't almost dead. I feel like it's commentary.

Somewhere there is an entire message board devoted to ways Batman has already figured out how to beat Doom.

And they are wrong.

Because Doom is only defeated because it suits his plans. And even the Batman can't prepare for a man who SPEAKS IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME!

Pfffffffff Doom gets beaten when it doesn't suit his plans all the time. And there is no way he could beat the Flash, Green Lantern, Superman and Wonder Woman that badly all on his own. It's silly.

Listen to me everybody I know best and stuf rah rah

seriously though, it's a silly picture

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe you just made that post spex

wait yes I can

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    it is because I am amazing, obviously

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I had no idea they had that much of a history. I know some of the Top Cow stuff from the 90's, but I had never heard of Cyberforce before this particular truly awful crossover event with the New Avengers and the Dark Avengers. Which is so bad that it makes everyone involved seem like the worst possible characters.

Are you talking about the Fusion mini-series? Yeah, that was a major disappointment, but it didn't have the New Avengers or the Dark Avengers - it had the Mighty Avengers (the Stark version) and the Thunderbolts. But I might have missed a Cyberforce series, in which case, I have to get it :).

There is a new ongoing series coming out that teams up Cyberforce with the other Image team from Fusion, Hunter Killer. Hunter Killer was a pretty good 12 issue mini-series with beautiful art from a couple years back. Cyberforce has been relaunched a few times, and never got it right, but I think this newest one might do the trick.

Hensler on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Secret Warriors 6, a really amazing comic this week, good art, good story and I love the designs and concepts of the Hydra members. I saw the twist coming the second he started talking about trust and then mentioned the name, by next panel I knew what to expect.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    KidDork wrote: »
    My MOTW was Detective Comics, simply because J.H. Williams has given Batwoman such a glorious posterior, they should make posters.
    Scans or it didn't happen. :P

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I went to store today and picked up my comics from the last month or so:

Immortal Weapons Fat Cobra-- really good. Funny and tragic, with some nice art. It really develops Fat Cobra as a character. The back-up story was good too.

USA Comics #1-- a one shot about the Destroyer fighting Nazis. Very enjoyable. He kidnaps a German journalist from a train, blows up two trains and murders a ton of Nazis. He tries to talk the journalist, who is a German, but not a Nazi, into resisting the Nazis and shows him a concentration camp at the end. The back-up story is a reprint of an old All Winners issue, I think. It is so crazy that I am not sure if it is real or a satire of ww2 comics though.

I also got No Hero 6, I'm not really sure why. I didn't read it yet, nor did I read Incognito #5 or Fear Agent #27. I need to re-read some issues before I read those. It has been a long time coming for those issues and I don't remember what was going on.

DouglasDanger on