As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ultimate Dungeon Delve LFG thread

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm coming to game too; so far I think I have a group of 3 or 4, so I'll probably need one or two singles for my group that I'll pick up there. What I have so far:

Warforged Barbarian (Me)
    Deva Invoker
    Human Wizard

We are gonna make it into that hall of fame...

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    DragondevonDragondevon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ok so offically its me (eladrin wizard mabe swordmage), Stormhallow (warforged fighter), Brex123 (half-elf warlord) and his dad who is undecieded. though i have a small problem orbdep and emod and his brother want to join the group to so im unsure what to do. im kinda thinking of getting 10 people in one group find our stronger combonations and make 2 game groups from that, how does that sound?

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Dude, I think he's a zombie."
    "No he's not, he's dead."
    "But he's still walking around."
    "Which makes him one of the walking dead."
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."
    "No, that makes him a zombie."

"You sound like WALL-E having sex with a Speak and Spell"
  • Options
    Big Rawr MonsterBig Rawr Monster Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ok so is this a tournament for D&D? If so when is it taking place?

I have me (know the game but still need someone to hold my sword while I read the character sheet) and my chick friend (completely clueless but knows WoW and rocks catan {????}) who are down to do some D and Din'! Sounds like tons of fun!

Big Rawr Monster on
    Live life, don't compromise on this.
  • Options
    Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ok so offically its me (eladrin wizard mabe swordmage), Stormhallow (warforged fighter), Brex123 (half-elf warlord) and his dad who is undecieded. though i have a small problem orbdep and emod and his brother want to join the group to so im unsure what to do. im kinda thinking of getting 10 people in one group find our stronger combonations and make 2 game groups from that, how does that sound?

Sounds Ok with me, and I don't think my dad really cares who is in his group, so long as we all know how to play.

Brex123 on
  • Options
    arkitektarkitekt Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Me and my wife are LFG. I can play anything, she'll want to play a wizard.
    hit me up if you want in or got room for 2.
    marty.rawls@gmail.com

arkitekt on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    as of right now an official schedual isnt publically known, but we will know soon enough, as i stated before i am kinda looking for 10 people to help make into 2 great groups of 5,

so far:
    me (eladrin wizard OR swordmage)
    stormhallow (warforged fighter)
    brex123 (half-elf warlord)
    brex123's dad (undecided)
    orbdep (half-orc ranger)
    emod (i dont know)
    emods brother (i dont know)
    arkitek (dragonborn cleric)
    arkitek's wife (eladrin wizard)

and so far i think it should be:
    group 1: (blue team lol)
    me (eladrin swordmage)
    stormhallow (warforged fighter)
    _______(minotaur fighter [i would like it a minotuar i think it would be fun but any class suggestion is good])

group 2: (red team lol)
    brex123 (half-elf warlord)
    brex123's dad (undecided)
    orbdep (half-orc ranger)
    emod (i dont know)
    emods brother (i dont know)

and if its unacceptable let me know ill help make a better team as best i can

Dragondevon on
    "The times are duanting, its perilous to walk out your front door anymore. The enemy is everywhere, hidden in technology, smiling faces, and laziness. Though, we are not given the luxury to give up. We are the last bastion of hope for our species. We are HUMANS!!!!RAAAAAR"-Devon
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• Options
    edited August 2009
    BUMP

*see above*

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• Options
    EmodEmod Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    As long as Brex and dad can commit to the potential time commit, I'm game with that.

Regarding characters to play, neither my brother nor I are set in stone. We'll conform to whatever makes the most sense to be successful. Brex, I'll shoot you my email.

Emod on
  • Options
    orbdeporbdep Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    in good news, we should have a little bit better idea of what we're facing in a week or two, since Gen con gets first crack at this delve.

orbdep on
    Nursery Rhymes are Creepy
  • Options
    Samons195Samons195 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm seeking to get in on this, I've got a Human Wizard that I'm making in the builder.

Samons195 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    still looking for one more player, preferably melee based

so far we got a wizard, swordmage, fighter, cleric or shaman, so mabe another fighter, two blade ranger, rogue, or something like that

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, I would prefer to play this wizard, but I'll gladly roll one of the classes you listed and print out both.

Samons195 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    that would be cool send me a copyy to whitetiger21@live.com

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Okay, I sent you an email and so far with the character, I am going to try for Rogue/Two Bladed Ranger. The main idea of the character so far is to flank and build up some massive rogue damage in those terms.

Samons195 on
  • Options
    SuppostropheSuppostrophe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'd love to get up in this. I don't have Insider, but I have most of my build already figured out. If anyone's interested in a Drow Paladin let me know. For the record, I wouldn't be against making an Eladrin Swordmage, either.

Suppostrophe on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hey sorry guys i had a little weekend getaway with my girlfriend, im looking over the emails i got now so ill be able to update, but i still need one more so go ahead and let me know whats up.

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, I sent you my Mage and Rogue in the email, both of them are finished for the most part and they are pretty legal from what I can tell, and hopefully one of them will blend well with the party. However I am not a member of the RPGA so I was unable to fill out those areas, I'm not sure how big of a deal that is or if I can just fill those out there. Anyway, looking forward to playing with you guys, its been awhile since I've had a decent DnD group to run with.

Samons195 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    i looked over your human rogue and gave you my input let me know what you think. :)

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for your input, it was very helpful and made me see a few good changes I could make to the sheet. (only thing that I am wondering what's point of getting +2 Leather Armor when you can get +2 Leather Armor with any sort of magical effect on it such as Summoned Leather Armor +2 for the same price?) However, now that the schedule is up I am sort of wondering where & when they are going to have the Delve at. I'm guessing either in the WotC booth or across the street from the convention center where they had a lot of Wizards stuff last year, but I'm not really sure, have they decided yet?

Samons195 on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    The Annex where tabletop was last year is under construction this year and will not be housing tabletop activities.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    i have never been there so i dont know where thats at :) hopefully the game is still on though

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• Options
    PrivateNewbiePrivateNewbie Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What day is the delve?

Or can you attempt the quest any of the three days?

PrivateNewbie on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No schedule for it yet, I guess that is something that may come next in planning. Anyway, I would much rather prefer doing the Delve either on Friday or Sunday. Saturday is fine, but I will be cosplaying as something irrelevant to D&D or WotC that day so might not be such a great idea.

Samons195 on
  • Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    After making a calendar of all the PAX stuff I have realized that there really aren't that many panels I want to attend :-P Therefore I'll be bringing a character and seeing what happens. Anyone got a group mostly formed that needs another player? I'm fine doing a PUG on the spot, but thought I'd check.

DMmagic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Samons195 wrote: »
    Thanks for your input, it was very helpful and made me see a few good changes I could make to the sheet. (only thing that I am wondering what's point of getting +2 Leather Armor when you can get +2 Leather Armor with any sort of magical effect on it such as Summoned Leather Armor +2 for the same price?) However, now that the schedule is up I am sort of wondering where & when they are going to have the Delve at. I'm guessing either in the WotC booth or across the street from the convention center where they had a lot of Wizards stuff last year, but I'm not really sure, have they decided yet?

yeah the lether armor isnt the best but it was a "free" item so better that then nothing, the other items are what really caught my eye for your rogue, personally i would much rather you have a Darkleaf Armor leather armor but it was level 4 and costs to much from the 1000 you get. sorry it took so long to reply to your post for some reason i didnt see it on the forum lol i was expecting another email. but yeah if you want to join i would be glad to have you. so far its:
    me (eladrin swordmage)
    samons195 (human rogue)
    stormhallow (warforged fighter) (not to sure he is going i dont think he is)
    I still might need a fighter so go ahead and send me your sheet so i can look it over. DMmagic id be more then happy to let in on the gfroup can you play a fighter or tank class? sadly i cant guarentee you a spot because i dont know if stormhallow will be going but i think you have about a 70% chance of filling his shoes(and if you look for another group thats ok with me )

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can play a defender. I've primarily been a controller that works closely with the defender so I know the strategy well. Any particular defender class you prefer?

DMmagic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    with the characters that we have now a fighter would be preferable but if you can make a really good other defender character id like to see what he can do.

Dragondevon on
    "Exactly."
    "So, he's dead."

• Options
    edited August 2009
    If you're the fighter we'll be great flanking buddies. ;o

Samons195 on
  • Options
    AlphastreamAlphastream Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I was asked to provide some info on the delve.

As the OP captured, this link will provide the basic info on the Ultimate Delve. You must bring a legal 6th level PC printed via the Character Builder!

You will need to use the latest errata for the game, including changes to a few powers that were popular when the UD played at Origins.

The UD is a lot of fun, but very hard. I believe three tables completed it at GenCon. Close coordination, tight tactics, playing quickly, and a strong knowledge of the party and their capabilities is essential. The reward is nice, including a new D&D book (such as Adventurer's Vault 2) and having your name captured in the UD Hall of Fame. Even if you aren't an expert, the UD can be a lot of fun as you learn from some of the hardest encounters that can be thrown your way.

You can play every slot, should you want to, until you win.

Alphastream on
  • Options
    KalAgrimKalAgrim Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey there guys and girls.

I'm going to be one of the judges at the RPGA events at PAX and I have some information for you all, on top of what Alphastream has said.

Timings for the various RPGA events (including the UDD) at PAX can be found on the PAX09 warhorn site, here. Those of you wishing to take part are advised to sign up in advance, this site was recently linked by WotC and signups may fill up very quickly.

For a full rules breakdown of what is/is not available for all RPGA events, including the UDD, you should download the latest version of the RPGA Character Creation Guidelines, found here (Direct Link to .Zip file containing the rules PDF)

If you have any further questions, please ask away.

Kal

KalAgrim on
  • Options
    TJPTJP Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kal - I'm going to sign up...but does everyone in my party have to do so? Seems odd since we already have a party together. Also, slot 3 starts at 9am, an hour before PAX opens? And slots are 4 hours long, but 45 minutes x 6 encounters = 4.5 hours? I guess not many will make it that far anyways.

edit - I can't type, or spell.

TJP on
  • Options
    KalAgrimKalAgrim Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yes, everyone will need to, I also suggest having some sort of note in your display name so that the admins know to muster you all together.

KalAgrim on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    KalAgrim wrote: »
    Yes, everyone will need to, I also suggest having some sort of note in your display name so that the admins know to muster you all together.

Thanks Kal. We're all signed up and I'm having everyone put a tag on their names so the organizers know we are together.

I see that the Wizards gaming room is across the street in the annex, so I'm assuming they are opening it earlier than the rest of PAX; that answers my 9am vs. 10am question.

The only other question I have is that the Warhorn site says 30m per encounter, while the Delve rules say 45m. 45m is tough enough, is it REALLY 30m per encounter?

TJP on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TJP wrote: »
    I see that the Wizards gaming room is across the street in the annex, so I'm assuming they are opening it earlier than the rest of PAX; that answers my 9am vs. 10am question.

You're looking at last year's map, Table Top is in the main building this year. Only thing that's remote this time around is registration.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You're looking at last year's map, Table Top is in the main building this year. Only thing that's remote this time around is registration.

"The games will be taking place in the Pike Street Annex of the Washington State Convention Center in downtown Seattle, WA. The Annex itself is adjacent/attached to the Grand Hyatt (sold out for the convention already). "

According to the Warhorn site and the most recent post from WotC, they have their own Wizards gaming room seperate from the tabletop room.

TJP on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

"The games will be taking place in the Pike Street Annex of the Washington State Convention Center in downtown Seattle, WA. The Annex itself is adjacent/attached to the Grand Hyatt (sold out for the convention already). "

According to the Warhorn site and the most recent post from WotC, they have their own Wizards gaming room seperate from the tabletop room.

Alright, then Warhorn is looking at last year's map. The map shows WotC tabletop on the 6th floor.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    GanadaiGanadai Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    KalAgrim wrote: »

Thanks Kal. We're all signed up and I'm having everyone put a tag on their names so the organizers know we are together.

The only other question I have is that the Warhorn site says 30m per encounter, while the Delve rules say 45m. 45m is tough enough, is it REALLY 30m per encounter?

I'm looking at the Warhorn site right now, and I can't find any where that it says 30 minutes per encounter. You might be misreading "4h 30m torture test"?

Ganadai on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    The Annex is under renovations this year. Somebody should inform them of the error on their website.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Alright, then Warhorn is looking at last year's map. The map shows WotC tabletop on the 6th floor.

Can't see the map at work, stupid proxy. It'll all be clearer on Friday the 4th I guess :) We signed up for the Friday 7-11 slot so we have plenty of time to figure out where it is, as well as hit the expo hall, panels, etc.
    Ganadai wrote: »
    I'm looking at the Warhorn site right now, and I can't find any where that it says 30 minutes per encounter. You might be misreading "4h 30m torture test"?

Yes, I'm misreading. Thanks!

TJP on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Couple quick things:

-I've signed up for the Friday 7-11 Slot with my Warforged Barbarian; I think my party's fallen apart and will now consist of myself and my brother (the 'SouthSide' group), so we'll need to link up with another group of folks who've signed up for the same slot.

-As for the slots... The math just isn't working for me. 18 players and 3 judges/tables, to me, means groups of 6. I thought these were groups of 5. ...Anyone?

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
This discussion has been closed.