As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vogler Art

VOGLERVOGLER Registered User new member
edited August 2009 in Artist's Corner
A few pics from my portfolio...

terminator_the_burning-fles.jpg
INSECTA_DROID_by_RYANVOGLER.jpg
KHAN_20jpg.jpg
bigfoot-vs-loch-ness-monster.jpg
Jason-zombie-face.jpg
old-man-batman.jpg
Gollum.jpg

VOGLER on

• Options
    LeggraphicsLeggraphics Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    quite stylised work mate. I really like the second image. Your human figures and golum have some anatomy issues though. Mainly big head syndrome

Leggraphics on
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Um.. hes not drawing the heads to big. Its a little difficult to get all anal about the canon of proportions when your dealing with cartoons...

Hes actually got a pretty solid grasp of anatomy albeit very cartoony.. A little to focused on style maybe..

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hes actually got a pretty solid grasp of anatomy albeit very cartoony.. A little to focused on style maybe..

I'm going to have to disagree, I think there are a lot of anatomical and structural flaws through out these. The second one is the strongest, but there are still a few confusing shapes that don't make sense.

Personally I'd recommend you step back from the stylised stuff and focus on more traditional figure drawing and construction. Sounds boring but it'll make this stuff all the more stronger when you come back to it.

Mustang on
  • Options
    t i mt i m Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The painting of these pieces are what's killing it. Too much Photoshop, it's a shame too cause looking at the lineart, it's not bad. I liked the Batman piece and android piece too. When it comes to filters and custom brushes in Photoshop, less is more. Don't be discouraged though, lotta potential here :)

t i m on
    God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.” Bill Watterson
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My main gripe comes you outlining everything in white. The first picture is especially bad, because it looks like a cartoon sealed in a blister pack.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mustang wrote: »

I'm going to have to disagree, I think there are a lot of anatomical and structural flaws through out these. The second one is the strongest, but there are still a few confusing shapes that don't make sense.

Personally I'd recommend you step back from the stylised stuff and focus on more traditional figure drawing and construction. Sounds boring but it'll make this stuff all the more stronger when you come back to it.

I didnt say he understood structure or form. Just anatomy.. in the 2d sense of knowing what muscles insert and where the bones are kinda suppoused to be.

Ill have to join the crowd saying these would be much easier on the eyes as just linework. Going a little nuts with your photoshop

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Not bad. Just need to refine them further to a more finished state. Like T I M said, too much photoshop.
    I agree with Metalbourne about the white outlines. In that first picture, if you removed it, the image would look loads better. Overall the concepts/ideas are good, which is the most important thing. Just work on your technique. Keep at it!

BTW, this dude = badass!

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    VOGLERVOGLER Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the comments guys. I will post some new stuff soon.

VOGLER on