As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Blackest Night: And the Dead Shall Rise (and Receive Power Rings)

1565758596062»

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They also did that in The Authority.

august on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    And in Miller's Fantastic Four. In the future!

Let's be honest. Earth's been evacuated a lot.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't remember Earth getting evacuated in FC.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    We obviously live in a bad neighborhood.

august on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I remember it being mentioned in the solicitations, but who knows whether it actually happened in the book or not.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well other races don't think too highly of Earth or humans. In fact, in GL #45 this week, Sinestro calls Earth a "cyst of a world."

FUCK YOU SINESTRO.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also the most planet in the multiverse. Bitches!

august on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Superman cryo-froze everyone as they rebuilt Earth at the end.

Which is the only reason I mention it because damn they had to do it again so soon.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    everyone on DC earth keeps an Emergency Planetary Evacuation bag in the closet and it just ain't no thang anymore.

picked up GL #45 (nice to see the War of Light going) and talked to my shop about their plans for distributing the rings. they said they don't have a plan yet but would keep me informed when they did. so okay.

Rans on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So when Black Lantern Hawk looked at Hawk and Dove, Hawk was experiencing Rage and Dove was experiencing a white emotion that made the Black Ring go all frizzy. White Lantern confirmed?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Was that in Titans, Robos? I didn't get it.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So when Black Lantern Hawk looked at Hawk and Dove, Hawk was experiencing Rage and Dove was experiencing a white emotion that made the Black Ring go all frizzy. White Lantern confirmed?

Presumably having something to do with Peace, remember "Don Hall at Peace"

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If the Black Lanterns consider death to be a state of peace, maybe people who are at peace (either dead or alive) throw them off and confuse their senses, and the black rings as well.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, if Dove's emotion is the white light, we can forget Hal being a White Lantern. When has he ever been at peace?

Tach on
  • Options
    KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Maybe he'll find out what his dad's final words were?

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    "Don't fear the reaper!"

Which, while incredibly apt for the current emergency, were only said because BOC was on the radio that morning.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Good job Ringo, now anything other than that will just be a let down.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just imagine that scene followed by a deadpan beat with both Hal and his CorpseDad staring at the reader, and then the corpse putting on his aviator shades.
    You heard it in your head, didn't you?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Larfleeze moment at the end of 45 was exactly what needed to happen. Also, Mahnke's art is so tight, it leaves nothing to the imagination

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    We are approaching page 100. Lets discuss new thread. Should I make it? Does someone else want to make it?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm amazed that the earth is able to get it's shit together in comics to evacuate the entire planet, yet shit like FEMA is totally impotent in the real world.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    thisonekidmongothisonekidmongo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That's because in comicsland we have dozens of superpowered vigilante gods who don't need no red tape to do shit like that for us.

thisonekidmongo on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm amazed that the earth is able to get it's shit together in comics to evacuate the entire planet, yet shit like FEMA is totally impotent in the real world.

Also, FEMA can do a good job when it isn't staffed by incompetents at the top.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    MisterBibsMisterBibs Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What does it make me if I will be buying each of those Comics-I-Don't-Otherwise-Buy just for the other seven Power Rings? A nerd? A consumer whore? A sheep? All of the above?

MisterBibs on

kolforumsigpa.gif
    Furu wrote:
    I like that Atrocitus genuinely wants to help save the universe...In the angriest manner possible.
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MisterBibs wrote: »
    What does it make me if I will be buying each of those Comics-I-Don't-Otherwise-Buy just for the other seven Power Rings? A nerd? A consumer whore? A sheep? All of the above?
    The most powerful lantern in the galaxy!

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2009
    MisterBibs wrote: »

It means you're going to be buying some great, less-known books. And JLA.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    is the new Doom Patrol really good

I keep hearing otherwise

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    First issue was alright, and showed promise, but not great.

The Metal Men back-up though?

Terrific.

Munch on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    More people should be buying REBELS - probably the best non-Johns book DC is putting out right now.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2009
    I really need to read REBELS. I read the first issue and had no idea what was going on, but then it got great?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/08/27/what-in-the-world-is-up-with-adventure-comics-4/

Apparently Adventure Comics #4 is being said to be as important to Blackest Night as Superman Beyond was to Final Crisis, that AC #4 is pretty much BN #5.5.

You would hope DC would learn from Final Crisis to just put the important stuff in Blackest Night, and leave it at that.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Before I start putting together the new Blackest Night thread, are there any objections or suggestions?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    go for it

Rans on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wait, wait, do you have the willpower to create one? Because creating a construct like a new thread would burn. It always does. Everytime.

edit: Wait! If you close the thread, it dies. We can't have that right now! It's like a loop of death or something!

TexiKen on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I still can't believe they're bringing Prime back again/so soon. Maybe there will be some actual closure this time (I'm not holding my breath).

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Wait, wait, do you have the willpower to create one? Because creating a construct like a new thread would burn. It always does. Everytime.

edit: Wait! If you close the thread, it dies. We can't have that right now! It's like a loop of death or something!

The new thread will rise with a lust for flesh.
    It'll be ok.
    Or maybe we will all die as our hearts are ripped out.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/08/27/what-in-the-world-is-up-with-adventure-comics-4/

Apparently Adventure Comics #4 is being said to be as important to Blackest Night as Superman Beyond was to Final Crisis, that AC #4 is pretty much BN #5.5.

You would hope DC would learn from Final Crisis to just put the important stuff in Blackest Night, and leave it at that.

Fat chance of that. :S

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    The new topic shold be called "Blackest Night Thread of PA. Rise!"

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I am declaring this thread dead.

Please visit the new one at http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=99134

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2009
    I'll declare you dead.

DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.