Options

[Warhammer 40,000] ... And I say "Space Wolf? That's my wife!"

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PBS?

Point Blank Shot?

Pro Bono Summons?

Peanut Butter Sandwich?

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    I want to buy Army Builder, but they refuse to accept my credit card. :x

Three units at a time and copying/pasting gets kinda boring.

Echo you want me to get you a retail copy?

alqadim on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PBS?

Point Blank Shot?

Pro Bono Summons?

Peanut Butter Sandwich?

Psyker Battle Squad

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PBS?

Point Blank Shot?

Pro Bono Summons?

Peanut Butter Sandwich?
    Pskyer Battle Squad's Peanut Butter Saute Passable But Singed.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gneep!

Orkz! Loads of em!

Looks like someone over at FW jumped the gun on a newsletter; all those tasty-looking Ork artillery pieces seem to be up for orderin' right now.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dang, those are some nice looking models. I'm glad I don't play greenskins - I'm already trying to figure out how to afford buying a small tau and IG air force.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Um, I would like to play Space Hulk at pax. Any of you that have it going to PAX?

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    KarilmatKarilmat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Gneep!

Orkz! Loads of em!

Looks like someone over at FW jumped the gun on a newsletter; all those tasty-looking Ork artillery pieces seem to be up for orderin' right now.

Holy shit, that is going to rape the hell out of my wallet. I need to finish getting stuff together so I can justify buying more. Especially the Trukk and Halftrakk, those look great.

Karilmat on
  • Options
    GahmriousGahmrious Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Karilmat wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Gneep!

Orkz! Loads of em!

Holy shit, that is going to rape the hell out of my wallet. I need to finish getting stuff together so I can justify buying more. Especially the Trukk and Halftrakk, those look great.

Likewise..... Omgz I want that Ork artillery...

Gahmrious on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Anyone else get the new white dwarf yet? Apparently they're going to be compiling all the old Hulk missions from extra sources into a pdf online and giving out a thing to make your own missions with as well.

SJ on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    is there a "how-to-paint" in the new white dwarf the space hulk models? I need something to point me in the right direction, and I want to get something as close to what's in the GW promos as possible.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    AyanaAyana Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ayana wrote: »
    Nax wrote: »
    Also its great at home for testing and figuring out what your list should look like.

I can't tell you how many times Nax has stayed up into the wee hours of the night just double clicking and removing units from a random AB list "just to see".

There is nothing wrong with that, i create my best lists at 4 am half awake :winky:

Maybe you should stay up late to make the next list vs Nax, eh?;)

Ayana on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TalonZahnTalonZahn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Matrias wrote: »
    is there a "how-to-paint" in the new white dwarf the space hulk models? I need something to point me in the right direction, and I want to get something as close to what's in the GW promos as possible.

The side panel of the SH box has suggestions on colors for certain things, but not anything like a full on tutorial.

TalonZahn on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Matrias wrote: »

Yes, and it will take you a while.

SJ on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also, knowing 'Eavy Metal, they probably aren't' even using GW paints.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ok

how much shooting and assualting does a Master of the Forge on a bike get?

My understanding is he should get to fire one weapon as per his normal privilege as a model, which may be either of the two weapons on his harness OR the weapon in his hand OR the bolters on the bike, and then he may fire a second weapon from his servo harness?

Also, what is the consensus on a MOF on bike using "Blessing of the omnisiah" to fix something after turbo boosting?

Finally, am i correct in my understanding that a techmarine or MOF is NOT required to lead the servitors he entitles the army too, and am I correct in assuming servitors deploy as elites and may not claim objectives?

Then assaulting he should have 2 attacks from profile, one from charging, and two servo arm attacks. This makes for three s4 attacks in initiative and two at initiative one/s8/no armor saves. If he has, say, a pistol and a power weapon, he may use the power weapon on his initiative even if he fired the pistol (like everybody else)

Right?

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ok so I might not get laid off. Some crazy stuff happened and people raised a shit-ton of money that apparently more than covers the cuts to the library system. Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow.

If that's the case I'm buying something stupid from Forgeworld. I'm thinking a Minotaur for uniqueness or maybe some Elysians.

Opinions? (Not "BUY A REAVER TITAN OLOL" either.)

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ok so I might not get laid off. Some crazy stuff happened and people raised a shit-ton of money that apparently more than covers the cuts to the library system. Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow.

If that's the case I'm buying something stupid from Forgeworld. I'm thinking a Minotaur for uniqueness or maybe some Elysians.

Opinions? (Not "BUY A REAVER TITAN OLOL" either.)

that is really cool news.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Radio said 50 people were gonna be keeping their jobs, so hopefully you're one of those 50.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ok

how much shooting and assualting does a Master of the Forge on a bike get?

My understanding is he should get to fire one weapon as per his normal privilege as a model, which may be either of the two weapons on his harness OR the weapon in his hand OR the bolters on the bike, and then he may fire a second weapon from his servo harness?

Also, what is the consensus on a MOF on bike using "Blessing of the omnisiah" to fix something after turbo boosting?

Finally, am i correct in my understanding that a techmarine or MOF is NOT required to lead the servitors he entitles the army too, and am I correct in assuming servitors deploy as elites and may not claim objectives?

Then assaulting he should have 2 attacks from profile, one from charging, and two servo arm attacks. This makes for three s4 attacks in initiative and two at initiative one/s8/no armor saves. If he has, say, a pistol and a power weapon, he may use the power weapon on his initiative even if he fired the pistol (like everybody else)

Right?

He has 2 attacks base, PW + BP would make 3, charging would be four, plus two attacks from the harness.

Turbo boosting disallows any other actions to be voluntarily taken that turn in the rule.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I thought you gave up your two-handed attack for being on a bike?

Or in fifth is it assumed you leap off it like a puma?

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    fifth edition says nothing about losing pistol/ccw attacks for being on a bike

I assume in the year 40,000 everyone can steer with their knees

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    well I'll be damned.

or at least severely darned.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    As far as I know, Dark Eldar are the only ones who suffer any sort of weapon use penalty for being on a bike. Although, for some reason it's something people assume a lot despite the fact it's popped up no where in the rules for anything else from at least fourth edition on (I have a vague inkling the oldest chaos codex might've had something about bikes, but I can't remember).

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    yeah, 3rd ed CSM bikes lost the extra attack for pistol/ccw
    of course, 3rd ed CSM bikes got +1 attack for being "covered in spikes", so

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    CounterspinCounterspin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have the new WD. There is painting tutorial for Blood Angels, several pages long. Also a play example for Space Hulk.

Counterspin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SJ wrote: »
    Radio said 50 people were gonna be keeping their jobs, so hopefully you're one of those 50.

Well I was one of those 50 people so I'd assume so. I'll find out tomorrow when I got to work. Hopefully our useless lump of turd branch manager who was forced to retire will stay retired.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Grats Tim! Get yourself a platoon of Elysians, then when IA8 comes out get some more.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Guess who picked up both Realms of Chaos books and the Rogue Trader rulebook?

This guy. This guy right here.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the random shit-posting

SJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I want Rogue Trader. Right now.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A Friend of Mine is going to do it. He's going to open a Game Store!!

I know it's a bad time, and the Economy is horrible, but....

What could possibly go wrong??

If YOU were going to open a Game Store, what would you do? Thanks all.

Mystery.Shadow on
    WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Where is he opening this?

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I love bartertown

the guy got the stuff I sent him so my tau are going out on monday

48 FW
    9 xv-8's
    3 hammerheads
    4 devilfish
    5 piranhas a drone teak with like 9? drones

all assembled and painted to tabletop

now all I need is some pathfinders and 2 commanders

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ok, I decided not to get Army Builder right away, because that money can be spent on models for the time being. But I can't decide what I need next. So far, I have:
    1 warboss
    10 nobs
    10 Stormboyz
    4 Burnas
    18 Slugga Boyz
    20 Shoota Boyz
    3 Big Shoota Boyz
    1 Trukk
    3 Deffkoptas
    1 Battlewagon
    1 Battlewagon/looted wagon (it was a model tank I found for 12 dollars, I don't know what its going to be yet)
    I'm thinking I should either get boyz, lootas, or another trukk next.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    He should do it around here. The only Warhammer mini place just closed down. I normally order from the web anyways (The owner was not the nicest person), but it'd be nice to have a place to play close by.

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MORE BOYZ

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Ziac45Ziac45 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Where is he opening this?

Cumberland Maryland a little town in the Western part of Maryland. We had one here earlier that was horribly run and eventually closed as all the regulars got sick of the terrible conditions. (they had a dog grooming area in the store) and the other owner was constantly playing MMO's. But its been proven the area can support a game store and he has plenty of volunteers. I got enlisted to help him move furniture and volunteered to watch the store for free.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Watch the store and have a free army on the house.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Looks like I'm getting a free Salamanders army on the house.

Only catch is it can never leave work, but I was making it for work games anyways, so I don't mind.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle