As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gaming parties at the hotels???

2»

• Options
    HyperneticHypernetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'd be down for party time at PAX. I'm always down for party time.

Hypernetic on
  • Options
    BrillyanceBrillyance Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Actually I was planning on having a get together at my room late night. I think based on the advice given, I'll speak to people at PAX. I'd like to get guys and girls...but based on what I've been reading, most of the girls at PAX are going with their dudes, or have dudes (and I'm a respectful guy).

Brillyance on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Brillyance wrote: »
    Actually I was planning on having a get together at my room late night. I think based on the advice given, I'll speak to people at PAX. I'd like to get guys and girls...but based on what I've been reading, most of the girls at PAX are going with their dudes, or have dudes (and I'm a respectful guy).

That is often the case, but not always. I'm sure if you tried you could get a good ratio. The trick too is to let people know about it so that enough show up to make it a good party, but not so many that you don't swamp the room. That seems to be the trickiest bit.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    HyperneticHypernetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Brillyance wrote: »

So, is this going to be some kind of orgy?

Hypernetic on
  • Options
    BichnKittenBichnKitten Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You can't have girls play games if they have their "dude"?

BichnKitten on
    Yes...their real
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You can't have girls play games if they have their "dude"?

Well obviously... Trust us, there's probably science backing this somewhere.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MLORDMLORD Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well i can say there is a PAX afterhours going on for the saturday during the event....If you are 21+ there will be plenty of people out for the tribute to DNB in the gaming industry....we are actually trying to get more support for the event and I can for sure say they have offered free entry to all pax attendees before 11....but gaming parties in the hotels are a great idea IMO as long as you can be true to the actual intentions :)
    ~M

MLORD on
    M.LORD
    Staticwave Entertainment
    AIM DJMLORD2001
  • Options
    BrillyanceBrillyance Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You guys gotta excuse me, I've never been to pax before. I just figured that couples at PAX, were the people who went to the convention center, then after, went back to there hotel while everybody else runs wild through the city. Apparently I'm confused in thinking all relationships are like marriage...just kidding.

No, I'm not planning an orgy. Although I wouldn't be suprised if one happened somewhere that weekend....but that's neither here nor there.

Really it's just that around the time I was 19-20, (I'm 26) a lot of my nights would end with liquor, and lan party Halo 1/Fight night/DOA things of that nature. The trash talking, the bets, females would come through, friends would bring friends all of that...and sometimes I'd have to go to work the next morning. It was an escape from the BS jobs most of my friends and I worked. Some people would come directly from work. Since I've matured (a little bit), and have a lot more things going on, I can't really do all the things I used to do. With all the gamers at PAX, I figured I could at least pull it off this weekend.

Now, like I said, I've never been to PAX before, so truthfully, I don't know what to expect. All I know is I'm going to the ListenUp podcast, the Giant Bombcast podcast, and probably the Brodeo Reunion show. I'm gonna try to record alot of my trip on my Kodak Zi6 for my blog, and I truly intend to keep my BAC level above the legal limit. (thank god for Taxis and shuttles)

Brillyance on
  • Options
    trevor1001trevor1001 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hi there this is my first year at Pax and I would like to join the gaming party. If someone has a xbox 360 I can bring Gears 2 and a controller. I am 18 (hope this isn't a problem) and don't smoke and I could be a designated driver because I don't/can't drink.

trevor1001 on
  • Options
    CadynCadyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    At last PAX, my friends and I hooked up a PS2 to the TV in our room at the Sheraton (no problems encountered with that). Not wanting to get anything TOO crazy going, we sent out a few invites on Twitter for booze and Arcana Heart, but couldn't get the stars to align well enough for anyone to join us.

Cadyn on
This discussion has been closed.