Options

[EVE] A bundle of sticks wordfilters to silly goose

• Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm going for. I'm in a Caracal with a similar fit right now and I'm enjoying it. It'll take me awhile to get the T2 gear but it should be pretty cheap to fit out initially.

It was nice to jump from getting 50-100k per mission to 300-500k.

zilo on
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    zilo wrote: »
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm going for. I'm in a Caracal with a similar fit right now and I'm enjoying it. It'll take me awhile to get the T2 gear but it should be pretty cheap to fit out initially.

It was nice to jump from getting 50-100k per mission to 300-500k.

You can use t1 gear and still fly through level 3's with a drake. Just make sure that you have battlecruisers trained to at least level 3, and (if necessary) switch out some of the ballistic control systems for shield power relays to boost your tank.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bah. I played years and years ago and don't remember my original account ANYTHING any more. I don't even think I have access to the email address I signed up with (student address).

So I'm looking to start again. Anyone want to refer me and so get the 30 days free?

Imperfect on
  • Options
    BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Bah. I played years and years ago and don't remember my original account ANYTHING any more. I don't even think I have access to the email address I signed up with (student address).

So I'm looking to start again. Anyone want to refer me and so get the 30 days free?

I will. Unemployment sucks.

Brian on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thanks, folks. Got my invite.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Imperfect wrote: »

Should give CCP a call. I have had success in the past having my email account changed by MMO companies when it has been a long time and I no longer have access to the email. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Noquar on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Meh, the game has changed so much I'm actually interested in starting from fresh. I don't like picking up games mid-play, I feel lost and un-attached to the characters.

I know this is a shockingly bad attitude to have with Eve, considering the incredibly long character path. I'm cool with this.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Guh, I have 3 different accounts (original, and two different trial accounts) each with a decently made character on them, but I'd like to take a look at their current skill sets to see which, if any, are worth re-subbing with. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can do this without reactivating all 3 accounts?

Edit - Imperfect, I agree with you there. my original account was from like 3 or 4 years ago, and was long before they made so many big changes via patches and new content. If I can't resolve my "is dis character gud?" scenario, I'll probably just start fresh with another trial.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kasanagi wrote: »
    Guh, I have 3 different accounts (original, and two different trial accounts) each with a decently made character on them, but I'd like to take a look at their current skill sets to see which, if any, are worth re-subbing with. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can do this without reactivating all 3 accounts?

Edit - Imperfect, I agree with you there. my original account was from like 3 or 4 years ago, and was long before they made so many big changes via patches and new content. If I can't resolve my "is dis character gud?" scenario, I'll probably just start fresh with another trial.

if you remember your character names try and see if they are on ineve.net. You can only grab the eve api for activated accounts.

Ethea on
  • Options
    KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh good, the eveonline.com "my account" section tells me my character names, so I may be able to find their info. Thanks!

Edit - bah, site appears to be broken. That or it doesn't like Chrome and Firefox.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Its not a terrible idea if your under like 10 million SP thought.

I just came back after 455 days (Says thats how long ago my last kill was...), and I was at a loss as to what to train. Took me a day to figure out the path I wanted to go on again...

I'm not trying to act all superior, but at a certain point I hit a wall: "I can fly the HAC's I like really well, I can spit and fly a capital....what do I do...?" Decided to go for Command ships, both Absolution and Damnation. Its not a terribly long path, but...the ships are nice, it was either that or the force recons...but, those kind of suck in my opinion.

Either that or Gallante cruiser V, which will...son of a bitch.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok i think on Friday I'll start up my account again and see where my old character is at and then decide if I want to start anew. I don't remember much about my character at the moment though, although I think I was working on flying some big Gallente ship. They are the ones that focus on drones right? I seem to remember something about Drones.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Probably the Dominix, so you could use it to rat or mission run. Yes, the Dominix is Gallente.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GothicLargoGothicLargo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    They are the ones that focus on drones right?

"Focus" is the understatement of the century. They have an unhealthy obsession with drones. It starts in earnest with the Velator and its two, next thing you know you're flying a Vexor or an Ishkur, then an Ishtar or a Myrmidion or a Dominix or an Eos, and two years later all you complain about is how the Moros only gets a drone bonus in siege mode, how the Proteus needs a +1 drone per level bonus like the Guardian-Vexor, and how the Myrmidion should be able to field 5 heavies again.

Although if you really want to pick a winner, fly Guristas after the next patch. **** blasters, all you need is missiles and drones.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ...So, while I wait for the kind folks over at Merchi to sort my application (I was once in Contraband [for 8 days] in order to pvp with some folks, seems that since they where once in MC its an issue of sort), I realized I'm a freaking maxed out Interdictor pilot!

I had totally forgotten I had trained level 5 heavy and normal interdictors, and all their support weapons!
    Now I really WANT to get into 0.0....

The corp issue is rather lame though, I am well aware of how Eve works...but, seriously?

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shut it spy, I still haven't got my dropcan paid out so wait with everyone else. I assume they have lives and jobs.

Brian on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ...I totally hung out with some ex-MC guys in the past.
    BUT I AM A DICTOR PILOT YOU NEED ME!!!
    I know you have to check for spies, but please don't since I want in to your corp.

Ethea on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Haha, I don't even know what to say to that really. Either you're just trying to be funny, or you take your spy business far to seriously. Some people just like to play Eve.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If they DIDN'T take their spy business seriously, we probably wouldn't have Delve and stuff.

Also, I need a better computer, I was getting ready to start yet another free trial to shake off some of my space rust when I noticed that at some point, the system requirements jumped such that I don't have enough RAM for the minimum requirements anymore.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Spies do actually try to get into GF through MerchI. It costs 10 bux for an SA account, but its free here. Plus, we're pubby so its got to be easier to get into MerchI, right?

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    hazywater wrote: »
    Spies do actually try to get into GF through MerchI. It costs 10 bux for an SA account, but its free here. Plus, we're pubby so its got to be easier to get into MerchI, right?

Hey and if we don't take you, they can try at F13, arstech, or with btls.

Ethea on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    They are the ones that focus on drones right?

"Focus" is the understatement of the century. They have an unhealthy obsession with drones. It starts in earnest with the Velator and its two, next thing you know you're flying a Vexor or an Ishkur, then an Ishtar or a Myrmidion or a Dominix or an Eos, and two years later all you complain about is how the Moros only gets a drone bonus in siege mode, how the Proteus needs a +1 drone per level bonus like the Guardian-Vexor, and how the Myrmidion should be able to field 5 heavies again.

Although if you really want to pick a winner, fly Guristas after the next patch. **** blasters, all you need is missiles and drones.

Myrmidons SHOULD be able to field five heavies IT'S BULLSHIT.

CCP HATES GALLENTE.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Does anyone know a site with great Eve stories? I don't have special access to bullshit but I always find MMO stories very entertaining.

McAllen on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    And the nerf to the Moros drones was total bull as well.

Gallente BS 5 looks like it will continue to be a mistake for the next couple years.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Avynte wrote: »
    And the nerf to the Moros drones was total bull as well.

Gallente BS 5 looks like it will continue to be a mistake for the next couple years.

the writing has been on the wall for gallente since the introduction of drone bandwith.

Ethea on
  • Options
    CheBourgeoisNoirCheBourgeoisNoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    McAllen wrote: »
    Does anyone know a site with great Eve stories? I don't have special access to bullshit but I always find MMO stories very entertaining.

CCP actually does a little in-house hosted thing of EVE fanfiction: http://www.eveonline.com/background/potw/

Kind of cool, although a lot of it is more background story than space battles

CheBourgeoisNoir on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I hate CCP. They are the worst. I fly Gallente ships anyway.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    If they DIDN'T take their spy business seriously, we probably wouldn't have Delve and stuff.

Also, I need a better computer, I was getting ready to start yet another free trial to shake off some of my space rust when I noticed that at some point, the system requirements jumped such that I don't have enough RAM for the minimum requirements anymore.

I've played the current iteration of Eve with 512MB of DDR400, 6600GT, and the first AMD64 that came out, what 5 years ago? You should be gold if you can beat that.

Noquar on
  • Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

CCP actually does a little in-house hosted thing of EVE fanfiction: http://www.eveonline.com/background/potw/

Oh I kind of meant the reality stories like some Eve story about a big bank heist or something, the drama of playing with polygons and such.

Doesn't have to be just Eve, but I've been looking for a site with such stories for awhile.

McAllen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So I registered for a Goon forum account a) because I meant to a while ago and b) because I figured it might get me access to the goon eve wiki and all those delicious-looking strategy articles (as well as how to help out the goon cause with timecodes, which is for some reason access-protected even though it is on the public wiki page), and it seems it don't work that way. Must have an actual goonfleet board login, I imagine?

Ah well, it can all wait until/if I join MerchI in the future, I guess.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What do you guys think are the odds that the sov changes in Dominion will actually lead to more opportunities for small corps in 0.0? I'm in a 7 man corp with some pals from work and mostly we've been goofing around in empire space since we started (a couple of us are vets, rest are <2 months old including me). I kind of like the idea of "renting" space from an alliance in exchange for protection.

zilo on
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What do you guys think are the odds that the sov changes in Dominion will actually lead to more opportunities for small corps in 0.0? I'm in a 7 man corp with some pals from work and mostly we've been goofing around in empire space since we started (a couple of us are vets, rest are <2 months old including me). I kind of like the idea of "renting" space from an alliance in exchange for protection.

Good luck getting worthwhile 'protection'.

The history of BoB proved that you're only valuable until you can't pay taxes anymore, i.e. when you get attacked. Then, you get cut off and die. The Goonfleet incursion into RISE territory was a perfect example of this - after weeks of warning that GF was going to literally have a highway into their system, BoB refused to help their lackeys, and let them be destroyed.

I'd link the awesome Eye of Terror poster, but I don't have a means of hosting from here.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    Fatgoat87Fatgoat87 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This may be a silly question... But what exactly are the goons?

Fatgoat87 on
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

7 man corp? Not going to happen. You're not worth the effort or even the risk. If you want a taste of 0.0, you can try to get friendly with CVA who are NRDS. Otherwise, you'll need to join a larger corp or just fuck around in 0.0 by yourselves living out of a POS or, more likely, a safespot. There is a lot of deserted 0.0 for you to squat in or take over from a chinese ratter.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Apogee wrote: »

Good luck getting worthwhile 'protection'.

The history of BoB proved that you're only valuable until you can't pay taxes anymore, i.e. when you get attacked. Then, you get cut off and die. The Goonfleet incursion into RISE territory was a perfect example of this - after weeks of warning that GF was going to literally have a highway into their system, BoB refused to help their lackeys, and let them be destroyed.

I'd link the awesome Eye of Terror poster, but I don't have a means of hosting from here.

That's disappointing, but not entirely surprising. I guess we'll be stuck in empire forever, there's no way a corp our size could defend a system.

zilo on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Oh I kind of meant the reality stories like some Eve story about a big bank heist or something, the drama of playing with polygons and such.

Doesn't have to be just Eve, but I've been looking for a site with such stories for awhile.

As much as most goons will complain about the mittani being nothing but a hurf blurf credit stealer, his early articles on ten ton hammer aren't that bad and might be what you're looking for.

Sins of a Solar Spymaster
    zilo wrote:
    That's disappointing, but not entirely surprising. I guess we'll be stuck in empire forever, there's no way a corp our size could defend a system.

Hrin's pretty much spot on with you're options.

CVA space is NRDS, so you guys could move down there and do what you'd like, just don't expect official standings and much more than their usual pirate sweeps.

Squatting out in middle of nowhere 0.0 is quite easy and there are vast tracts of space that nobody ventures in for days at a time, especially out east. Logistics would be the only difficult part and don't expect to save the tower if somebody really decides they want you dead.

NPC 0.0 is another option, but unless you enjoy lots of pvp, you'll probably find yourself frustrated as most areas are infested with pirates.

Wormholes might be an area you guys could look into however. If you're a close group of rl friends, just have everybody move into one, set up a pos, and reap the profits. They're practically designed for small tight knit groups that want more adventure and freedom from hi-sec without the explicit dangers of 0.0.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hmm, didn't think of wormholes. That could be fun. I suppose CVA would also be an option.

It's not that we're risk-averse, exactly. Just that we don't want to put ourselves in a cycle of "plant station, improve space, get attacked, pick up and move, repeat".

zilo on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fatgoat87 wrote: »
    This may be a silly question... But what exactly are the goons?

Posters from the SomethingAwful forums. Anything specific you'd like to know?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hey, so as far as learning skills go, I'm doing the whole "plough through the learning skills before moving on to anything intense" deal... But is it worth it to get advanced memory and intelligence up to IV before moving on to the other learning skills, or what? I mean, how much time do I really save by doing that?

[Edit: Especially since 4.5m per advanced skill is a little tough to come by at the start.]

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I trained up the 5 stat skills plus "Learning" up to 4 and then started on combat skills and stuff. The second tier stat skills cost 4.5mil each so I'm grabbing those piecemeal as I think I need 'em.

Check out EveMon, it'll do plan optimizations and show you how much time those skills will save over long intervals.

zilo on
This discussion has been closed.