As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM|SOURCE|CHECKING PRICES FOR LEWIEP] - MDK, Monkey Island, Jedi Knight, Majesty!

1555657585961»

• Options
    SamuelsonSamuelson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Samuelson wrote: »
    Should I get Titan quest Bundle and penumbra bundle or do you think I should get one of the Star Wars games, if so, which one?

Get the Titan quest bundle off of D2D for 5 dollars (youve got around 34 hours left to do it though). Great time waster, ive proll sunk more than 100 hours into the game through 3 or 4 seperatee instals/playthroughs...satisfies my loot whore itch.

Yeeeh, that sounds great but Ive heard so much good stuff about Knights of the Old republic, wondering if its a quantity over quality argument with titan quest?...

Samuelson on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »
    VRE or Visual Realism Enhancement is something to give HL1 better graphics

http://randomnine.wootfu.com/project.php?p=17

LaCabra on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Speaking of half life 1, there is some newish footage of Black Mesa. It is nothing too exciting, just some test footage of the new tram design on a test map, but it is nice to see sins of life, and the tram design is pretty kickass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXYWk-C4wis

LewieP on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tertiee wrote: »
    It doesn't hurt to have something to spice it up after playing them a few times.

Look, HL is 10 years old and I have played it several times, so forgive me if I need a little spice. HL2, well, lets just say I know where to park my view for the best shot of Alyx's finer textures.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ha ha you sad nerd.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    Speaking of half life 1, there is some newish footage of Black Mesa. It is nothing too exciting, just some test footage of the new tram design on a test map, but it is nice to see sins of life, and the tram design is pretty kickass.

Last year's trailer said it would be coming out this year.

Probably not.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    They have said on the forums it is still on track for a release this year. Who knows if that it accurate, I am happy to wait though.

LewieP on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    They have said on the forums it is still on track for a release this year. Who knows if that it accurate, I am happy to wait though.

I also hear that it has started snowing in hell and that Lucifer himself has opened an ice skating rink.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, actually

Gustave_Dore_Inferno34.jpg

I'm sure someone can photoshop iceskaters onto it.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So Windosill got released on Steam.

It's a pretty indie game, which is all about interacting with your environment and thinking outside of the box. You can play the first half for free, and if you want to finish the game it's now available on Steam.

I advise that you play the free first half first, to see if it's for you. All I can advise you is that you shouldn't give up, and play close attention to all the little details which can help you.

RockPaperShotgun did an article on it too.

I just finished it, and I really loved it. If you like the demo you'll definitely enjoy the full game.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ampix wrote: »
    So Windosill got released on Steam.

It's a pretty indie game, which is all about interacting with your environment and thinking outside of the box. You can play the first half for free, and if you want to finish the game it's now available on Steam.

I advise that you play the free first half first, to see if it's for you. All I can advise you is that you shouldn't give up, and play close attention to all the little details which can help you.

RockPaperShotgun did an article on it too.

I just finished it, and I really loved it. If you like the demo you'll definitely enjoy the full game.

I gotta admit that I dismissed it when I noticed the Steam news say that it was flash based, but after having tried it, it's pretty good.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I agree, i played the demo and it's really pretty and fun
    I can't seem to beat level 2 again, tho.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I agree, i played the demo and it's really pretty and fun
    I can't seem to beat level 2 again, tho.

Is that the one
    with the bird?
    Next up: a hint
    click something that's not part of the birdcage, and keep doing that...

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It doesn't hurt to have something to spice it up after playing them a few times.

Look, HL is 10 years old and I have played it several times, so forgive me if I need a little spice.

Did something in my post say otherwise?

Tertiee on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Htown wrote: »

Last year's trailer said it would be coming out this year.

Probably not.

the audio in that video is so weird

it made the music I had playing get all fuzzy sounding and bad

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone else having problems downloading from STEAM? I've been trying to download Red Faction: Guerilla for 4hrs.

Edit:

I found a FAQ where u re-name Client Registry.blob and Steam re-downloads it and that fixed it.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man I'm really enjoying Aaaah: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity. Totally worth the 15 bucks.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Look, HL is 10 years old and I have played it several times, so forgive me if I need a little spice.

Did something in my post say otherwise?

Haha I think he was talking to me.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Man I'm really enjoying AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity. Totally worth the 15 bucks.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I recently finished Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentlemen, Please. They really are as funny as people say. I'm really impressed that there was very little generic "I can't do that" messages; they wrote a funny response for just about every possible click in the game.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ... okay, does anyone here have any idea how to finish the Source mod Korsakovia?
    I've gotten to what I think is the end and I've swum through a tunnel and I'm in a room with a glowing TV and some computers and nothing is happening.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    SamuelsonSamuelson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Antithesis wrote: »
    ... okay, does anyone here have any idea how to finish the Source mod Korsakovia?
    I've gotten to what I think is the end and I've swum through a tunnel and I'm in a room with a glowing TV and some computers and nothing is happening.

Hmm, I can't really be of any help there...

EDIT : Nvm , figured it out, kind of stupid of me

Samuelson on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems downloading from STEAM? I've been trying to download Red Faction: Guerilla for 4hrs.

Edit:

I found a FAQ where u re-name Client Registry.blob and Steam re-downloads it and that fixed it.

I was having this problem last night too

interesting....

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Guys, I have 20% off at Impulse due to this survey thing I filled out because they thought I purchased Sins.

What should I buy? Nothing really looks interesting at the moment, which is good, because I have until November 1st to decide.

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    zimfan wrote: »
    DrunkMc wrote: »

Edit:

I was having this problem last night too

interesting....

Steam people said that messing with the blob is bad.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tamin wrote: »
    Guys, I have 20% off at Impulse due to this survey thing I filled out because they thought I purchased Sins.

What should I buy? Nothing really looks interesting at the moment, which is good, because I have until November 1st to decide.

Entrenchment is definitely worth it if you liked Sins. For that matter, Diplomacy should be worth it as well.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow, it's almost time for a new thread!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=11783695

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.