Options

The Best [CHAT] Ever

• Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Nerissa wrote: »
    can someone please do me a favor and see if this link works

It works on the laptop, but apparently not on any other computer in the house, which is kinda confusing me

http://glencoe.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0078609836/

(Should be a site of on-line resources for a US history text)

Works for me.

thanks... I guess I need to mess around with the other comptuers and see what's going on. Alternately, I suppose she can do the quiz on the laptop.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Oh shit did the democratic party finally grow some balls?
    Either sensing an opening to cast the Republican Party as actively rooting against America, or just fed up with the stream of negative responses, the Democratic National Committee put out an unusually blunt statement Friday morning. The gist: that the GOP sides with the terrorists.

"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists -- the Taliban and Hamas this morning -- in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize," wrote DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse. "Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize -- an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride -- unless of course you are the Republican Party. The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It's no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim."

:^:

The whole part of representative democracy is they're supposed to represent us. ALL of us. The republicans seem to have forgotten that.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Either sensing an opening to cast the Republican Party as actively rooting against America, or just fed up with the stream of negative responses, the Democratic National Committee put out an unusually blunt statement Friday morning. The gist: that the GOP sides with the terrorists.

"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists -- the Taliban and Hamas this morning -- in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize," wrote DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse. "Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize -- an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride -- unless of course you are the Republican Party. The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It's no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim."

oh-snap.jpg

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

most assuredly not

at best they caught a fleeting glimpse of their balls in the distance

Elendil on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Elendil wrote: »

most assuredly not

at best they caught a fleeting glimpse of their balls in the distance

Grayson's testicular fortitude does not seem to have diminished.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    NEWS: Parents 'should supply alcohol'
    Parents could help keep their teenagers away from drink-fuelled violence and sex by giving them a weekly alcohol allowance, a study has suggested.
    BBC

Desensitising kids to alcohol at a young age is a good thing. They're less likely to be fucking retarded about alcohol when they're older and have easy access to it.

Also, parents monitoring how much their kids drink is also a good thing.

How young are you talking?

I understand the logic and everything and think that it's a good thing. The best way to control something is to help your kids understand it and it's affects. If you shelter a kid from something, such as alcohol, they are bound to come across it in the worst possible situation.
    I know a guy who was given his first drink by his parents when he was 8. Mine was when I was 11. By the time a kid is around those ages, they're going to be exposed to alcohol in one form or another (Their parents drinking it, seeing it on TV) and they're gonna wanna try it. I have absolutely no problems with a kid that young trying drink in a supervised enviroment like that. Any younger than that though is pushing it.

Tav on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

oh-snap.jpg

Dammit, where's Honk when I need him so he can lime that pic.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    also democrats attached gay hate crime legislation to the defense bill

huzzah! fuck you republicans!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    holy shit that DNC statement may have just made my whole weekend

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Just double checking my answer here (This shit is worth 10% of my grade)...
    An adult animal that possesses bilateral symmetry is most certainly also

eucoelomate.
    a deuterostome.
    triploblastic.
    highly cephalized.
    the product of metamorphosis.

I am 90% certain it's highly cephalized, since the book says "Many animals with a bilaterally symmetrical body plan have sensory equipment at their anterior end, including a central nervous system ("Brain") in the head, an evolutionary trend called cephalization" however I have a feeling it could be triploblastic, since the book isn't specific about the difference between being cephalized and highly cephalized.

Tav on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

As much as I love them growing balls, I absolutely can't stand "YOU'RE JUST LIKE A TERRORIST" rhetoric.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    As much as I love them growing balls, I absolutely can't stand "YOU'RE JUST LIKE A TERRORIST" rhetoric.

While I agree that it is not remotely my favored avenue of attack, at this point I am just enthralled to see them do something other than roll over to the republican party.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

In all fairness they're just doing to the Republicans what they do to everyone else.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Both NJ senators signed on to support a public healthcare option. Woo.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    curioser and curioser...

I just checked one of the other computers, where I watched her type in the URL the exact same way I had written it down, and the address bar said http://glencoe.mcgraw-hill.com:8000/sites/0078609836/

Now... I have no idea where that :8000 came from, but after I took it out, it connected just fine.

Time to see if the same thing happened on her computer upstairs, although I actually sent a link to her via IM to click on up there and it didn't work either...

Sometimes I think my house really DOES have poltergeists.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    They can have their balls back when they do something

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    NEWS: Parents 'should supply alcohol'
    Parents could help keep their teenagers away from drink-fuelled violence and sex by giving them a weekly alcohol allowance, a study has suggested.
    BBC

Desensitising kids to alcohol at a young age is a good thing. They're less likely to be fucking retarded about alcohol when they're older and have easy access to it.

Also, parents monitoring how much their kids drink is also a good thing.

How young are you talking?

I understand the logic and everything and think that it's a good thing. The best way to control something is to help your kids understand it and it's affects. If you shelter a kid from something, such as alcohol, they are bound to come across it in the worst possible situation.
    I know a guy who was given his first drink by his parents when he was 8. Mine was when I was 11. By the time a kid is around those ages, they're going to be exposed to alcohol in one form or another (Their parents drinking it, seeing it on TV) and they're gonna wanna try it. I have absolutely no problems with a kid that young trying drink in a supervised enviroment like that. Any younger than that though is pushing it.
    8? That's fucking retarded.

I have no problem with your logic, but let's try to be a little reasonable here. 13 or 14 or so for the first drink.

Not fucking 8 years old. What the fuck is wrong with you?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

While I agree that it is not remotely my favored avenue of attack, at this point I am just enthralled to see them do something other than roll over to the republican party.
    Agreed.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    someone do my bio homework for me!

God did it!

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    they are acting just like the terrorists though.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    8 isnt all that young for a small glass of champagne at a wedding or something. were the proper occasion to arise.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    8 isnt all that young for a small glass of champagne at a wedding or something. were the proper occasion to arise.
    NUH UH WHAT THE FUCK

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I have no problem with your logic, but let's try to be a little reasonable here. 13 or 14 or so for the first drink.

By age 14 here, a lot of kids are drinking cans down lanes and in fields.

I'm from a reasonably well off area, and I remember people coming in hung over when I was in first year of secondary school. It's definitely a cultural thing, though.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    8 isnt all that young for [getting liquored up]
    Yea ok, Mr. Polanski.

Bama on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Agreed.

Well and this time its kind of true, they have been cheering americas failures so much lately and encouraging violent action. It's not much of a stretch.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    8 isnt all that young for [getting liquored up]
    Yea ok, Mr. Polanski.

SHE SAID YES

Variable on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man, I think I had my first drink at like 5. It was just like a sip of my dad's beer or something, because I asked to try it.

Of course I hated the taste. I dunno, if I ever wanted to drink something my parents would let me, and consequently alcohol has never really been a big deal for me.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

By age 14 here, a lot of kids are drinking cans down lanes and in fields.

I'm from a reasonably well off area, and I remember people coming in hung over when I was in first year of secondary school. It's definitely a cultural thing, though.
    Listen Tav, my great-grandmother had an Irish surname, so I know a thing or two about the culture.

You're a bunch of drunks.

Bama on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tav you live in a country that lists Alcoholism as a natural resource

Ludious on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, I think I had my first drink at like 5. It was just like a sip of my dad's beer or something, because I asked to try it.

Of course I hated the taste. I dunno, if I ever wanted to drink something my parents would let me, and consequently alcohol has never really been a big deal for me.

Same, my parents constantly let me sip their beers or mixed drinks. So I never got the whole "OMG LETS GET SO DRUNK ON CHEAP SHIT LIQUOR YEAHH!!!"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    well, an Irish-sounding surname

Bama on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh Tim, I'd just like to say that since you pointed out that the Nobel Peace Prize isn't given out for completed efforts and is often used as an encouragement tool, I concede my point. I did not know this.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You guys are totally overreacting to this. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though considering most of you can't legally drink till you're nearly finished college.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You guys are totally overreacting to this. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though considering most of you can't legally drink till you're nearly finished college.

Yeah, but no one actually waits that long to drink.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Still dumb.
    I <3 Obama and I think it's premature.

Whats this bombing of the moon I hear?

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I got drunk in the womb and I turned out perfectly okay

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Still dumb.
    I <3 Obama and I think it's premature.

Whats this bombing of the moon I hear?

That basically seems to be the point...

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    God I love days like this.

Wake up to see Obama won something and the Right Wing freaking out. This is why I keep my facebook account.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Everyone in my work place is throwing a shit fit over the Nobel Peace Prize thing. Like, wow, guys, I didn't know you cared so damn much about the Peace Prize, seeing as you have never discussed it before in the three years we've been working together.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I had my first real drink on my 21st birthday, actually.

I can remember picking up my dad's beer and taking a sip as a kid but that's because I thought it was soda.

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.