As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CLANG! *is dropping a name*

Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Graphic Violence
Paul Cornell's name, to be exact. Writer of Max Comic's 'Wisdom', several Doctor Who episodes and other assorted stuff.

Anyway, Paul was speaking at the recent Phoenix Convention in Dublin - an annual convention for writers and aspiring writers of fantasy. He was on just about every comics panel there, and while the spoilers were sadly lacking he did mention one or two things worthy of note.

First of all, he absolutely adores NBC's new show 'Heroes'. He thinks it's the greatest thing ever, and particularly mentioned the online comics that accompany every episode and the fact that the series is in chapter format.

Unfortunately, the show has probably killed a pitch he currently has in with the BBC since the pitch is... well, it's basically 'Heroes' only all the heroes are female and they wear costumes. He *swears* he came up with the idea before he'd heard anything about Heroes, never mind watched it.

To add insult to injury, his show is called 'Super'.

Recent events in the Marvel and DC universes were discussed, and Paul admitted that he was one of the three people who actually liked Civil War. Yes, he liked it. Even the ending. And he defenced it too! He did make the point that it would have been truly awful if the event had ended in a reset.

There was also a tiny snippet about Joss Whedon (Astonishing X-Men, Runaways, Buffy the Vampire Slayer yeah I know you all know who he is) during a discussion on timelines and comics. The discussion dealt with issues such as sliding timelines, retcons, real world events in comics (The Beatles at Reed and Sue's wedding etc) and how to minimize the impact these problems cause. Anyway, Paul mentioned that Joss blundered right into the issue when he discussed 'Astonishing's story arc with Marvel. His very first question in their first meeting was "So how long have the X-Men been together?"

Joss told Paul later that the Marvel guys just stared at him while he sat there wondering what he'd said wrong.

Desktop Hippie on

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't know who this guy is, but a Birds of Prey TV show would be awesome and I'd totally watch it alongside Heroes

Scooter on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    I don't know who this guy is, but a Birds of Prey TV show would be awesome and I'd totally watch it alongside Heroes

Bop-promo.jpg?

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Message to Redeemer:

FUCK YOU

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007

This is Paul Cornell

The convention was in Ireland, after all. Joss never visits us. *weeps*

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    To Redeemer: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

They tried that, it sucked.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Ahahahaha

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Actually, when Paul mentioned that the show had women ripping off their clothes to reveal their costumes some guy at the back piped up "Hey! You could still sell this!"

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Damn, Huntress was hot in that show. Too bad it didn't really seem that great.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    Captain CanuckCaptain Canuck Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    oh god it sucked

Captain Canuck on
    shadeodare_sig.png