Options

Mass Effect - Release date set for January 26, 2010. 29 January in Europa.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    darleysam wrote: »
    So, the Terminus armour is going to be available somehow here in the UK, right?

Right?

probably, but it will be made of plastic instead of metal, like how the dragon age collections edition we're getting a plastic map instead of a cloth one like everyone else.

That's bizzare... why are they giving you a plastic one? I get the feeling that there must be some kind of bizzare and/or unusual backstory to how that came about, because I can't imagine that having two separate production lines like that (plastic and cloth) would be cheaper than just sticking to one. I would think so at least... but I could be mistaken. =)

i dont know for certain but its usually what happens, i was suppose to get a cloth map in my witcher collectors edition and didnt, and the same with my nwn2 chaotic evil edition i believe, the box and everything else looks the same at least from what it says on the game website, i hope im wrong but i doubt it.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There's got to be something... maybe some weird export law? It doesn't make sense that they'd go into a whole other line of production (with all its expenses, design & implementation costs... I can't imagine any of that is cheap) just to give you guys a less quality product. I'm interested to find out the nature of how this came to be now... I get the feeling that there's got to be something, maybe some law or tariff or something that makes it more financially reasonable to forsake the cloth in the UK. Where I'd go to begin finding out the real reason, I'm not sure... I wonder if Chris Priestly is here.

Chris, if you're making the rounds of the PA forum and you see this... can you fill us in? I'm definitely curious as to the (most likely) strange and unusual reasons that ended up causing the UK to not get cloth-based bonus items. I'd put dollars to donuts that it's something that is out of their hands, but I could be mistaken... my gut tells me though that a company wouldn't run a whole unique production for one specific country if they could prevent it due to the increased costs that would come from that.

EDIT: Strange, this also happened apparently with Lord of the Rings online, from an entirely different company:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175205

Which lends some credence to my "there's something about the UK preventing publishers from packaging cloth maps" theory.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Juc wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    Completely off topic, but does anyone else find saying "2010" weird? Where is my awesome/horrible future we were promised/forewarned?

The end of the world had a delayed release and is now coming out in 2012, and so is commander Shepard with the kaidan and wrex monage et trois romance.

Am I the only one that thinks a Canadian spelling ménage à trois wrong is funny?

I just got flashbacks of a childhood memory of watching the spray-painted truck scene of Canadian Bacon.

Heheh, I'm even technically french canadian, but about all I can say is "hello, I will eat the library grapefruit cornflakes ... back", and I bet I'd spell that wrong too.

Juc on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tabarnac!

Robman on
  • Options
    jaredburtonjaredburton Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    To be fair, library, grapefruit and helicopter are some of the funniest sounding words in French.

jaredburton on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm excited about the release date, but I'm also a little disappointed because I feel like I'll still be playing Dragon Age at the end of January.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    langfor6 wrote: »
    I'm excited about the release date, but I'm also a little disappointed because I feel like I'll still be playing Dragon Age at the end of January.

I can believe it, Dragon Age is a fairly long game.

But on the bright side, it's not like mass effect will turn into dust and evaporate if you don't play it on its release date.

and if everybody buys like 100 copies each, it might even be on the shelves until the end of time. like wow.

Juc on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm on to you!

Really they would be satisfied if everyone bought 15 copies each.

Seriously on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seriously wrote: »
    I'm on to you!

Really they would be satisfied if everyone bought 15 copies each.

I'm well on my way, I've already bought Mass Effect twice, and I know I'll be getting Dragon Age (already have a 360 pre-order paid off and will be getting the PC version at somepoint, due to mods and the like) twice.

Mass Effect 2 will just make a trifecta of me being an absolute whore for all things Bioware (note: this actually goes all the way back to BG1).

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

But on the bright side, it's not like mass effect will turn into dust and evaporate if you don't play it on its release date.

and if everybody buys like 100 copies each, it might even be on the shelves until the end of time. like wow.

I'd buy 100 copies if you made them 50 cents a piece :D

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you're pro, by January, you'll be able to Dual Wield.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    Phoenix1985Phoenix1985 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I'd buy 100 copies if you made them 50 cents a piece :D

Well, Dragon Age will turn into dust after the release date... lacking in pre-order goodness to keep it together, that is!

I certainly hope the story-centric DLC will be available somehow in some fashion later on D:

But then, I already AM pre-ordering.. but somehow I'm seeing myself as one day when I accidentally lose my discs, as I happen to do much too often, will buy this over Steam... In fact, I'm almost considering buying a second version now! STOP ME, SOMEONE!

Edit: Oh, and that's also probably gonna end up being the case with Mass Effect 1 and 2.. stupid absentminded self :(

Phoenix1985 on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Two Bioware RPGs seeing the light of day within three months of each other.

We are truly blessed.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    it's like having a dick in each end

Nuzak on
  • Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's like chocolate-covered orgasm Christmas

QuirkyLittleTyrant on
    PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    SaboSabo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's like having .... [Enter Reponse Here]

Sabo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »

Yeah, that sounds about right.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Havelock on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

No it's more of a lesser known holiday. Yet equally great.

Kwanza or something. Kwinza?

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

No it's more of a lesser known holiday. Yet equally great.

Kwanza or something. Kwinza?

Festivus?

Too Jewish?

Havelock on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Just Jewish enough, Volus are in.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Taky needs to make up a holiday for us.

QuirkyLittleTyrant on
    PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

That's a pre-order bonus, actually

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    it's like having Biowares dick in a box

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Or I should say that's a pre-order boner
    :winky:

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There seems to be a lot of totally non-ironic dick jokes going on.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    201001260900_208.gif

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mass Effect in Jan...I was prepared to wait until April...Christmas has come early(or...slightly less later).

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy Topless Tali day everyone!

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    *hurk*

Seriously on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, that Terminus armor looks goddamn awesome. Guess I'll be going for the Gamestop pre-order.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    201001260900_208.gif

*clapping*

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Damn the lack of gamestop in this area.

Wonder if you can preorder from gamestop online...I guess I'll look into it.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    What the hell? How did I miss Styx Theta the first five times I played this game?

deowolf on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    deowolf wrote: »
    What the hell? How did I miss Styx Theta the first five times I played this game?

Because the game is a vast pool and it's very easy to miss coins scattered along the bottom?

Tamin on
  • Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I liked actually getting to save somebody for a change. It was kind of funny doing it at level 54, though. "Yeah, marines, you just stand there. I'm going to hold down the trigger and just strafe my pistol of death back and forth."

takyris on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey, they do better than most alliance troops around Sheppard, they live.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Holy hell I missed Styx Theta too.

Having experienced neither that nor the Colonist background side-quest I have a good reason to fire up the game again.

Seriously on
  • Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seriously wrote: »
    Holy hell I missed Styx Theta too.

Having experienced neither that nor the Colonist background side-quest I have a good reason to fire up the game again.

Oh, yeah, if you haven't done "I Remember Me" and are considering a playthrough anyway, it's worth at least a quick "Core Worlds and UNCs with Good Conversations at the End" runthrough.

(AlsoyoumaywanttocompletetheConardVernerquestbutI'mnotsayingthat.)

takyris on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm clocking in at 22 hours, most of the UNCs and other quests done (unless I missed more gems like Styx Theta, but I really doubt that) and Feros->endgame to go. Even if I end up at 57 or so on this playthrough, I'm going to be sorely tempted to do it all again for my canon character to not only reach 60, but also because I don't want to leave any stone unturned in case some random thing pops up in ME2.

In short, screw you, Bioware for making goodness.

deowolf on