As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROBOT! ROBOT! ROBOT! Art. Art. Art. [img heavy]

2»

• Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I *do* like canvas though... Why am I using this stuff again? Cheap-o-sity?

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Holy shit dude. The two big landscape ones are rather nice. Raaaather. Nice.

I need to get working on the thing we talked about so that it happens before you get too HUGE to bother with small fry printer types. Yowza!!

Grenn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hey, someone just bought all the 'great displeasure' paintings via email! Woooo. :D

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Way to go robots! It's no wonder these are selling.

It would be real nice to have prints as Napp already said. I think those would sell quite well.

no_toast on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I am hearing you on the prints. I'm not sure I'd know where to start.

Step 1. Good photo
    Step 2. Good print on good stock
    Step 3. ?
    Step 4. Profit!

Like that...?

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Might give it a shot. Would you prime the entire surface, back and front? Because I think I used some of that in highschool and it wound up absorbing a bunch of moisture somehow.

Yeah, the entire surface. You have to seal it since it's not acid-free. I guess the appeal is that it's smoother so you can be more detailed (you don't have the canvas texture) and it's cheap yeah.

bombardier on
  • Options
    robotsintheskiesrobotsintheskies Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh good lord, your stuff is amazing. I love how you use so many geometrical shapes in your designs.

Also, quick question. How do you get your lines and shapes to be so neat? Whenever I paint with acrylic, shit gets everywhere D:

robotsintheskies on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks :D Probably a combination of tools and technique... Good paint, the right brushes, and cutting back in to shapes with other colours.

desperaterobots on