• Options
    TroyTroy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    And so it goes.

Troy on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Let me know if you need me to vote for myself. I've been thinking about throwing down my vote for AcidSerra but if I am to die anyway I would rather do it without throwing a wrench in the party's plans.

Go ahead and vote for AcidSerra if it will make you feel better.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Let me know if you need me to vote for myself. I've been thinking about throwing down my vote for AcidSerra but if I am to die anyway I would rather do it without throwing a wrench in the party's plans.

It's not about feeling better, comrade, it's about using the one life I have to give most effectively for the party!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007

It's not about feeling better, comrade, it's about using the one life I have to give most effectively for the party!

Okay, then. Please vote for AcidSerra.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    so the plan is fundamentally flawed and the capitalists can easily derail the plan if they wish. There is no way lady eri can verify her innocence without the capitalists interfering. If lady eri is lying the real manipulator better step forward. If it turns out she was lying and the real manipulator of execution votes stayed silent to preserve his life or to preserve his crappy power I will gun for you in every phalla until the end of time.

Also if the capitalists do interfere I don't recomend we try this tommorrow, I don't think us villagers need to waste more village votes on something that can be easily derailed.

I guess we have to take her word for it

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Anyone have a updated vote count?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    At this time:

I !Vote for AcidSerra

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    so the plan is fundamentally flawed and the capitalists can easily derail the plan if they wish. There is no way lady eri can verify her innocence without the capitalists interfering. If lady eri is lying the real manipulator better step forward. If it turns out she was lying and the real manipulator of execution votes stayed silent to preserve his life or to preserve his crappy power I will gun for you in every phalla until the end of time.

Also if the capitalists do interfere I don't recomend we try this tommorrow, I don't think us villagers need to waste more village votes on something that can be easily derailed.

I guess we have to take her word for it

To be fair, our current choices are pretty simple right now. Vote blindly, or try this plan Lady Eri came up with. I don't mind trying the plan. I sum it up that if things don't work as planned tomorrow, we've got a new voting target. If they do, we may have the potential to set up a network.

The way the plan works though, this is the only night we need to vote for specified people. Every night after, we can bandwagon just about anyone we want. There isn't much to debate about when it comes to kills tonight, mostly just who we should seer to see if they happen to be rebel scum.

Ardor on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Smasher: We can't assume that the revolutionaries wouldn't be willing to sacrifice one of their own here. As it stands, they aren't immediately in contact with their seer. If one of them comes forward as a special, and is then denounced by a real special they not only have the name of a special, but are put into contact with their seer. This is a gain of 2, including a very important capitalist for the loss of one. I guess that's just a round-about way of saying trust no one.

As far as who to seer and who to kill, I don't know. Personally I'd rather have us look outside the group and find a few innocents to put up as candidates for the next politburo election. By night 3 we'd have 3 candidates that we can trust to vote for. This would work for the existing members, but you have to expect that they will be taking a heavy casualty rate over the next few days.

By my count by the way AcidSerra has 15 votes and Grundlterror has 9, so we need 4 votes for Grundlterror to keep the vote correct.
    edit: Added Grundlterror's vote

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I !vote fore Grundlterror

Troy on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !Vote for Grundlterror

Scosglen on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    News from the Politburo: We have a change in plans. We want you guys to put Grund in the number 1 spot and Acidserra in the number 2, so that Lady Eri can use her power and kill Acidserra.

The general reasoning is basically that Grund's selection was pretty arbitrary -- no one knew who he was and he only posted once Round 0. This round he is posting more, and it doesn't really seem fair to kill him just because he's relatively unknown. Besides, Acidserra totally brought this upon himself.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Smasher: We can't assume that the revolutionaries wouldn't be willing to sacrifice one of their own here. As it stands, they aren't immediately in contact with their seer. If one of them comes forward as a special, and is then denounced by a real special they not only have the name of a special, but are put into contact with their seer. This is a gain of 2, including a very important capitalist for the loss of one. I guess that's just a round-about way of saying trust no one.

damn, I hope to hell the capitalists did not figure that out. This just looks worse and worse. And now we are solely left with the trust that an idiot manipulator is not out there refusing to come forward and relying on the intelligence of people is not the safest bet.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

damn, I hope to hell the capitalists did not figure that out. This just looks worse and worse. And now we are solely left with the trust that an idiot manipulator is not out there refusing to come forward and relying on the intelligence of people is not the safest bet.

Relying on the experience of those who have played these games a lot is a safe bet, and such persons populate the Politburo almost exclusively.

EDIT: Also, I confirm Gnasty's post about the new plan.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    News from the Politburo: We have a change in plans. We want you guys to put Grund in the number 1 spot and Acidserra in the number 2, so that Lady Eri can use her power and kill Acidserra.

The general reasoning is basically that Grund's selection was pretty arbitrary -- no one knew who he was and he only posted once Round 0. This round he is posting more, and it doesn't really seem fair to kill him just because he's relatively unknown. Besides, Acidserra totally brought this upon himself.

I like this change of plans! I will not let you down, comrades!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I hadn't thought about that... you have a good point. Still, there are flaws with that plan. A villager could claim to be the special role, then have the real special come out and denounce the villager in order to try to get the sympathiser to come forward to the villager. Thus, the sympathiser would have to seer the claimer first before coming forward to them, and if that person was really a capitalist they would probably die before the sympathiser got their vision. So ultimately, the most the capitalists could reasonably hope to get from such a plan would be the identity of the real special, and trading 1 special for 1 capitalist works out in the village's favor.

In any case, the off chance that something weird is going on with Lady Eri is why I support having the specials wait a day to contact her.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I retract my !vote for Grundlterror

Also, can we stop speculating on the plan. You morons have managed to find no less than five ways for the capitalists to screw us over in the last three pages, and putting the phrase "<
    Oh Dear God I Hope The Capitalists Don't Read This Or Figure It Out" is perhaps the most retarded thing I have ever seen in a Phalla.

Rest assured I have taken private measures to ensure that the rebels will waste their kills if they attempt to mess with the vote, despite your idiotic rampant speculation.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'll go ahead and start the swing then.

I retract my vote for AcidSerra and vote for Grundlterror.

That brings it to 14 Acid, 11 Grundl, by my count, with Eri's retraction.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Relying on the experience of those who have played these games a lot is a safe bet, and such persons populate the Politburo almost exclusively.

Not if one or more of them is a spy. It just makes it an experienced players vs experienced spy game.

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Not if one or more of them is a spy. It just makes it an experienced players vs experienced spy game.

Uh, it's gonna come down to that at some point anyway. This does not in any way diminish the strategies described to us by the experienced players. Yeah, one of them could be a rebel, but that's just how it is. We can't just ignore the advice of the veterans simply because we're paranoid. You have to look at it, consider it, and try to figure out if it's the best for the village. Usually it is. The veterans have a fairly good grasp on the mechanics of this game, so they've got things under control for the moment.

Plus, this whole plan is taking away the worst part of previous Phallas, which is the random night 1 bandwagoning. We have a strategy here, we aren't just looking at each other saying, "Hey, his avatar looks suspicious, get him."

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    Rest assured I have taken private measures to ensure that the rebels will waste their kills if they attempt to mess with the vote, despite your idiotic rampant speculation.

With all due respect, Ms. Eri, fuck you. Being good at the game does not give you the right to wade in here, tell everyone what idiots they are, and act like a high-and-mighty bitch.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lady Eri's plan seems pretty solid, so I'll give it a shot. I vote for Grundlterror for execution

That should bring it up to 14 Acid, 12 Grundl right? We want him to be ahead before the votes end, don't we? I'm not really sure who to be voting for for General Secretary other than Lady Eri, so I'll just vote for Lady Eri for Madame Secretary

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »

Uh, it's gonna come down to that at some point anyway. This does not in any way diminish the strategies described to us by the experienced players. Yeah, one of them could be a rebel, but that's just how it is. We can't just ignore the advice of the veterans simply because we're paranoid. You have to look at it, consider it, and try to figure out if it's the best for the village. Usually it is. The veterans have a fairly good grasp on the mechanics of this game, so they've got things under control for the moment.

Plus, this whole plan is taking away the worst part of previous Phallas, which is the random night 1 bandwagoning. We have a strategy here, we aren't just looking at each other saying, "Hey, his avatar looks suspicious, get him."

Read what I quoted. I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, just that I don't consider it a "safe bet".

Technicality on
    handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Also, can we stop speculating on the plan. You morons have managed to find no less than five ways for the capitalists to screw us over in the last three pages, and putting the phrase "<
    Oh Dear God I Hope The Capitalists Don't Read This Or Figure It Out" is perhaps the most retarded thing I have ever seen in a Phalla.

I !vote for Ardor for General Secretary.
    I !vote for Lady Eri for execution.

Yes, I know it won't work. You know what? I don't care.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »

Read what I quoted. I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, just that I don't consider it a "safe bet".

Nothing is a safe bet. You'll have to get used to that.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

You know what, well I am not going to finish the thought, but assume I responded in kind.

Its your fault for the cockamamie (I have no idea how that is spelled) scheme that has five different ways for the capitalists to screw us over, don't blame us if your scheme was crappy.

You don't think the capitalists haven't figured out most of what we said earlier, really? I figured they had at least one smart person in there group.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »

The narration is going to have you throwing a pie at her, or something.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Lady Eri.

We are all here playing a game and trying to have a good time. Many of us are attempting to add something to the conversation in order to be helpful and try to enjoy the game some more.

If there isn't much to add, then idle conversation or thoughts are appreciated to keep the thread moving and the spirit of the game alive and well.

Many of us may be preeaching to the choir, but underestimating the rebels will also increase their chances of winning. Keep in mind that not everyone may have thought about the ideas people bring forth into the thread. While it may give the rebels some more ideas, it keeps us vigilant in our ability to notice trends that should start occuring in the next few days when it comes to behavior, post counts and voting records.

Please don't put people down simply because they wish to contribute something.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »

And I bet I'll get shot for it, eventually.

But in all seriousness, is the assumption that enemies are too stupid to figure out a plan has a hole in it? It doesn't work that way. It doesn't give anyone the right to call the Committee stupid for noticing.

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »

And I bet I'll get shot for it, eventually.

But in all seriousness, is the assumption that enemies are too stupid to figure out a plan has a hole in it? It doesn't work that way. It doesn't give anyone the right to call the Committee stupid for noticing.

Oh yeah?! Well, you're a stupid poopy-head! :P

Edit: Awesome, my epic insult was top-paged

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I thought Phalla was for having fun. I can solve a logic puzzle by myself, I don't need dozens of other people except to make it a game and socialize.

I !vote for Ardor for secretary.
    I !vote for Infidel for execution. *cocks revolver, free hand gripping the vodka bottle on the desk*

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Nothing important just insults which I am now ashamed of.
    edited for being redundant

Troy on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, come to think of it, I !retract my vote for Lady Eri and I !vote Ardor for secretary.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Guys, I don't think we can elect Ardor to be secretary until day 3 since he's on the Politiburo.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    Guys, I don't think we can elect Ardor to be secretary until day 3 since he's on the Politiburo.

I thought the only restriction was that the General Secretary could not be General Secretary for more than 3 consecutive days.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Rules clarification:

A member of the Politburo cannot be elected General Secretary.

EDIT: Tux you bastard, your intentional null vote started this mess.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

Members of the politburo aren't eligible for election to the general secretary position until their term is up I believe. I missed most of the other rules, but I think I got this one right.

Maybe we could elect someone like precisionk? Imagining the entirety of the committees having to bend over and take it does include a fair amount of hilarity I think. Then we can give let him play russian roulette afterwards and throw a party. Parties are fun right?

Ardor on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Like I mentioned earlier, Eri's plan has appeared to have more reliance on publicity and trust in her than solid confirmation that can't easily be mucked up in several ways. Ways clear to individual casual villagers, which certainly would be more so to a group of traitors. This may just be a stalling tactic and plea for guardian protection from someone who thinks they'd just get killed immediately otherwise based on previous records.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Rules clarification:

You know, I thought this was the case, and then I went back and scoured the rules and couldn't find where it said that.

Fine, I retract my vote for Ardor and vote for, fuck, I dunno, tuxkamen.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Rules clarification:

Sorry, I didn't realize. I had looked in the main post and couldn't find anything.

Fair enough--but precisionk, my ass. You might as well tell me to elect Dynagrip.

I !retract my vote for Ardor for General Secretary.

My protest kill vote will stay exactly where the hell it is, and I'd definitely like to hear suggestions from the Politburo about who (besides them) would make a good secretary.

tuxkamen on