Options

World Series [Chat]pion New York Yankees

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Wet Bandit wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So... anyone know why viewing the same picture in different browsers changes the color? Like, in Firefox it's the same color as on my computer, but IE or Chrome? Completely different!

Example: What color is this car?
    4070924009_5eda167e5b.jpg

Wow. That really is totally different in IE and Firefox.

uh

i don't have IE or chrome...

what color is it other than red O_o

Burnt Orange.

What OS do you use? Linux? Mac?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    I remember I made the baseball [chat] when the Phillies won last year

Let me tell ya Var

If it had to be anyone to make this thread

I'm glad it was you

I appreciate that organ. <3 to you.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So... anyone know why viewing the same picture in different browsers changes the color? Like, in Firefox it's the same color as on my computer, but IE or Chrome? Completely different!

uh

Burnt Orange.

mac

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    play wow and listen to ny fans bust their nuts on the radio? yeah okay. that's about as good it gets.

yes you can feel bad for me.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    mac

Are you using Safari or Firefox?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

uh

Burnt Orange.

mac

And you wonder why you are lonely.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I can look at my cat, say her name, and she will meow and run over

Elendil on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2009
    I totally want this.

p2790030dt.jpg

To watch my football in.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If I stopped listening to Paparazzi it would probably wouldn't be stuck in my head

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm weirdly possessive of some of the lesser-known blogs I frequent. Like, I don't want everyone to ruin them with popularity.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fuck the Yankees.

That is all.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    I'm weirdly possessive of some of the lesser-known blogs I frequent. Like, I don't want everyone to ruin them with popularity.

You're an indie blog nut.

How cute.

yalborap on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yankees won, that sucks. Oh well maybe next year someone who isn't a bunch of overpayed asses can win the series.

But grats New York.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    2012 will be getting a sequel in the form of 2013. A TV series.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Elki do you enjoy destroying my hope in humanity?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Ha ha, how the hell will that work?

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Elki do you enjoy destroying my hope in humanity?

Sony Pictures just bought the rights to Risk.

OK, that's not awful, just something weird that nobody knows much detail about.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So... noone knows why the same image from Flickr would look very different in two different browsers? :(

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    New Angry Video Game Nerd today and it is fantastic like (almost) always.

• Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    nostalgia critic supremacy 4eva

Rust on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Can someone explain why people who aren't Yankees fans are bitter that they won to someone who doesn't keep up with sports?

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Can someone explain why people who aren't Yankees fans are bitter that they won to someone who doesn't keep up with sports?

People is crazy

Cinders on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ok, so I have money now (given my currently tumultuous financial situation this may not last long, thus me making this post). Enough money that, should you give me the go ahead, I can send out the [chat] Mascot Around the World addresses tonight or tomorrow and possibly mail Cutethulhu tomorrow or the next day, unless you guys want to wait until Nov. 7th as I originally figured (hopefully I'll still have the money then as well). IMO, I think we've gotten all the [chat]ters signed up that we're going to get, but if you feel that there will be stragglers I'm ok with waiting.

Speak, [chat].

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cinders wrote: »

People is crazy

Sounds more or less what I was thinking!

The "overpaid" comments, not to mention the SE++ thread title, are what's really confusing me, though.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    imagen-314.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    nostalgia critic supremacy 4eva

FUCKIN' WAR BITCH

• Options
    edited November 2009

People is crazy

The "overpaid" comments, not to mention the SE++ thread title, are what's really confusing me, though.

Yankees $209,081,579 v Phillies $98,269,881.

Also, fuck the Yankees.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    imagen-314.jpg

Is this referencing Traffic Department 2192?

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Reporting from Madison, Wis. - Declaring there should be "no excuse for mediocrity" in public schools, President Obama on Wednesday pledged to push for recruitment of better teachers, better pay for those who succeed and dismissal of those who let their students down.

When principals are trying to determine which teachers are doing well, he said, they should be able to consider student performance as part of the evaluation.

And when schools are failing, "they should be shut down," Obama said. "But when innovative public schools are succeeding, they shouldn't be stifled, they should be supported."

The president's tough words came as Obama spoke to students and teachers at a charter middle school in Wisconsin's capital, Madison. But as he announced the criteria by which states can win grants from the Department of Education's $4.35-billion "Race to the Top" fund, Obama spelled out standards that depart from conventional Democratic dogma.

Obama called for the abolition of "firewall" rules, which prevent many schools from judging teacher performance based on student performance.

To win the grant money, they'll also have to develop internationally competitive standards, find innovative ways to recruit educators and track the progress of students to make sure every child graduates ready for college.

"If a state wants to increase its chances of actually winning a grant, it will have to do more," Obama said. "It will have to collect information about how students are doing in a particular year -- and over the course of an academic career -- and make this information available to teachers so they can use it to improve the way they teach. That's how teachers can determine what they should be doing differently in the classroom. That's how principals can determine what changes need to be made in our schools."

god fucking dammit obama is there a single significant thing you would like to do that isn't just a continuation of bush's destructive policies

anything at all

Rust on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

People is crazy

The yankees are a "store-bought" dynasty. There is no salary cap there. They just pay the most to get the best players and expect to win.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Reporting from Madison, Wis. - Declaring there should be "no excuse for mediocrity" in public schools, President Obama on Wednesday pledged to push for recruitment of better teachers, better pay for those who succeed and dismissal of those who let their students down.

When principals are trying to determine which teachers are doing well, he said, they should be able to consider student performance as part of the evaluation.

And when schools are failing, "they should be shut down," Obama said. "But when innovative public schools are succeeding, they shouldn't be stifled, they should be supported."

The president's tough words came as Obama spoke to students and teachers at a charter middle school in Wisconsin's capital, Madison. But as he announced the criteria by which states can win grants from the Department of Education's $4.35-billion "Race to the Top" fund, Obama spelled out standards that depart from conventional Democratic dogma.

Obama called for the abolition of "firewall" rules, which prevent many schools from judging teacher performance based on student performance.

To win the grant money, they'll also have to develop internationally competitive standards, find innovative ways to recruit educators and track the progress of students to make sure every child graduates ready for college.

"If a state wants to increase its chances of actually winning a grant, it will have to do more," Obama said. "It will have to collect information about how students are doing in a particular year -- and over the course of an academic career -- and make this information available to teachers so they can use it to improve the way they teach. That's how teachers can determine what they should be doing differently in the classroom. That's how principals can determine what changes need to be made in our schools."

god fucking dammit obama is there a single significant thing you would like to do that isn't just a continuation of bush's destructive policies

anything at all

Talking with Iran.

That's about it.

Woo

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

People is crazy

The yankees are a "store-bought" dynasty. There is no salary cap there. They just pay the most to get the best players and expect to win.

Ah, I see. Makes sense, I guess.

I have to be off, though!

Good night, [chat]!

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I still can't get over the 2012 trailer. Just...so many things wrong.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i have a lot of hot-button issues but charter schools are in the "primal rage" category

like i'm never involved in those debates because if someone starts to talk about "encouraging competition" between public schools or privatizing them i can't speak because i need to stay quiet or else all that'll come out is incoherent froth

and now obama's spouting it

ffffffffffffffff

Rust on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yes? No? Don't care?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    imagen-314.jpg

Is this referencing Traffic Department 2192?

Starfighter.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I still can't get over the 2012 trailer. Just...so many things wrong.

2012 is that movie that's playing up the "2012 apocalypse because the Mayans said so" bullshit, right?

Or was it Aztecs?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Yes? No? Don't care?

passer you must do a thing

you mail that crochet octopus to the hills and beyond

take action, believe in yourself

for we believe in you

Rust on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

anything at all

This is a complete farcry from his campaign. Like, not just in spirit, in actual word. Unless I'm grievously misunderstanding something.

Coke: Yes

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
This discussion has been closed.