As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Naked Mole [chat]s: They Look Kinda Like Dicks

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Exercise only sucks for like the first week.

Then it's a little bit of awesome any time you have occasion to look in a mirror or lift something.

TL DR on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    That's why I did not say that people shouldn't own tvs; I said that I enjoy learning and this has factored into me personally not owning a tv.

you said you don't own a tv because they take up too much of your time, basically.

I think that watching something on hulu is VERY different from watching something on tv. Rarely do I watch a show and then go "hrmmm... I wonder what else is on" on hulu, nor do I just sit there, mindlessly watching the screen.

@Cel: have we talked about how I'm loving 'Sheed yet? Because I'm totally love me some 'Sheed.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Exercise only sucks for like the first week.

Then it's a little bit of awesome any time you have occasion to look in a mirror or lift something.

This depends entirely on the shape you're in when you start.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Man, Math is so awesome. I really really REALLY wish that I double majored in Philosophy and Math, instead of Philosophy and English.

Not that English is not a worthy subject, but it's just that I did enough independent study in high school that every course I took in College was a refresher.

I loved studying math.

Physics too.

But good luck trying to find a job with that shit.

pffft like I'll ever leave academia

How does one stay in academia indefinitely? Because that sounds pretty cool.

That's what I'm doing. It's really cool. I highly recommend it.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MSPA: John is in his dad's room!

Nothing happens. OR DOES IT.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm already wasting my life accomplishing nothing

this is the career for me

Elendil on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    School is terrible. You guys are nuts.
    Yeah, that's how I feel. Even if someone was going to give me a full scholarship, I'd still have to think about ever going back.

Your crazy. Free education! I'd kill for that!

I'm hoping to get a job at one of the Universities around here so as to be able to pick up a stack of degrees just for the hell of it.

moniker on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, that's how I feel. Even if someone was going to give me a full scholarship, I'd still have to think about ever going back.

Some people love it, some people don't. The moment I found out that, to do what I want to do with my life, I don't require post-secondary education, I felt freed. Because 3-4 more years of that shit sounded like hell.

Hookers have a pimp college school dont they?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    sheed

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    That's why I did not say that people shouldn't own tvs; I said that I enjoy learning and this has factored into me personally not owning a tv.

you said you don't own a tv because they take up too much of your time, basically.

I think that watching something on hulu is VERY different from watching something on tv. Rarely do I watch a show and then go "hrmmm... I wonder what else is on" on hulu, nor do I just sit there, mindlessly watching the screen.

there we go I can work with that.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ah yes podly doesn't own a tv because looking at it is mindless, that's all

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    @Cel: have we talked about how I'm loving 'Sheed yet? Because I'm totally love me some 'Sheed.
    Hell yeah, me too. Have you been to need need4sheed.com yet? or watched his Pistons jingle bells video? and do you know the "both teams played hard" story? because all those things make me love Sheed, even if he is getting Nick Anderson lazy out at the three point line later in his career.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my friend was working at the margaret mead film festival at the AMNH and so i went with her to see philosopher kings, which is a documentary where they followed several custodians who worked at good universities and stuff and was about the lessons and wisdom they had

it was actually really good

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I had to get a tv when my human friends would come over and then comment on how I didn't even have a tv in the house, I was all "omg omg they going to catch on" so I bought one.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Man, Math is so awesome. I really really REALLY wish that I double majored in Philosophy and Math, instead of Philosophy and English.

Not that English is not a worthy subject, but it's just that I did enough independent study in high school that every course I took in College was a refresher.

I loved studying math.

Physics too.

But good luck trying to find a job with that shit.
    But I thought you achieved your dream getting the gig crunching the numbers for maximizing explosions:brown people ratio?

It is some sweet fruit my ivory friend.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Did you guys go to rich schools or something? That the American public school system hasn't left you folk jaded as hell is surprising considering how much you guys in general bitch about it. The Canadian system is shit too (though I can only speak for Ontario). Which is why, y'know, my feelings regarding school are far from positive.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

oh come now you know I don't mean that

@Cel: My favorite sheed moment is "awwww they gave that shit to him agian? That's just felonious"

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Some people love it, some people don't. The moment I found out that, to do what I want to do with my life, I don't require post-secondary education, I felt freed. Because 3-4 more years of that shit sounded like hell.

Whatsamatta U

moniker on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Did you guys go to rich schools or something? That the American public school system hasn't left you folk jaded as hell is surprising considering how much you guys in general bitch about it. The Canadian system is shit too (though I can only speak for Ontario). Which is why, y'know, my feelings regarding school are far from positive.

Hey hey, you can make fun of your university but dissing all universities in Ontario is a bit heavy handed.

UofT ain't ALL that bad, or at least the bad parts of it never truly have affected me.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I learned all I needed to know 'bout pimping from Night Shift.

My bitches gon' get dental.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Everyone loves Sheed.

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

That doesn't make learning random new stuff any less fun. Plus, if I could manage to get a free MBA from U of Chicago thanks to working there I'd be a fool not to.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    My school is very expensive, yes. Hence me taking time off to work full time and pay for it.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009

I play video games on my massive TV. And sometimes stream movies.

I also watch, like, presidential addresses and the news during political season.

I don't think my use of my TV really fits into Podly's concept of TV problems.

Then again, maybe he is anti-video game these days.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    nobody knows who sheed is

at least I don't

I can only assume this carries over to everyone else

Elendil on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    @Cel: My favorite sheed moment is "awwww they gave that shit to him agian? That's just felonious"
    Oh, I don't know that one! There was also a clip on ESPN once of him rapping along to "Verbal Intercourse" (from Only Built 4 Cuban Linx) which also made me love him, and of course the moment I think my interest in him really took form, when he got ejected from a playoff basketball game for staring at a referee. Didn't say nothing, just stared at him, got ejected.

Love Sheed.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    nobody knows who sheed is

at least I don't

I can only assume this carries over to everyone else

I'm with you.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    pods I know what you meant but it surprises me when you don't say what you mean.

Variable on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I hated, hated, hated, hated, highschool. Didn't much care for CEGEP either. Surprisingly, my first year of undergrad went well - I actually felt like I belonged in a classroom for the first time. Then second year of undergrad, I got involved in student union stuff, namely the student newspaper and student winter festival.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh, I don't know that one! There was also a clip on ESPN once of him rapping along to "Verbal Intercourse" (from Only Built 4 Cuban Linx) which also made me love him, and of course the moment I think my interest in him really took form, when he got ejected from a playoff basketball game for staring at a referee. Didn't say nothing, just stared at him, got ejected.

Love Sheed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBFXNBs-mNg

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Hey hey, you can make fun of your university but dissing all universities in Ontario is a bit heavy handed.

UofT ain't ALL that bad, or at least the bad parts of it never truly have affected me.

My remark about the public school system was directed towards elementary and secondary schooling here. Which, you have to admit, was affected by the removal of Grade 13. The schools I went to were incredibly under-funded, and the staff was hardly qualified to deal with the students that were above or below par. The more intelligent students weren't stimulated and the slower ones suffered to keep up. The backlog of students going to University created by the removal of Grade 13 made competition to get into the better Universities a lot more difficult, too. Our system sucks.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I love the idea of school and wish I had focus or drive. as is, I'm working to find something I care about enough to actually attend classes for so I can earn a degree.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Everyone loves Sheed.
    Actually, oddly enough, like half of Portland kinda hates him. I could offer various reasons why this might be, but I think the truth of the matter is that he was simply too black for this town.

Our neo-Theo Huxtable right now, Brandon Roy, seems to be really pissing some people off now, too, because he's not just suffering and smiling like the town expects from him. It's a little weird to watch.

• Options
    edited December 2009

I play video games on my massive TV. And sometimes stream movies.

I also watch, like, presidential addresses and the news during political season.

I don't think my use of my TV really fits into Podly's concept of TV problems.

Then again, maybe he is anti-video game these days.

Eh, I tend to play mah vidya games on the computer. When I get my own place I only plan on having cable internet, rather than cable TV, since all the crap I watch is online anyway. That being the case I may not own a TV afterwards either.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i want to go into publishing something fierce

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    moniker wrote: »

That doesn't make learning random new stuff any less fun. Plus, if I could manage to get a free MBA from U of Chicago thanks to working there I'd be a fool not to.

There are ways to learn random new things that don't involve going to school. Less expensive and time consuming ways.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    also I got into the london study abroad program yessssssss

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I ain't got nothin' against no vidya games.

Although I haven't played a console game in ages.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009

My remark about the public school system was directed towards elementary and secondary schooling here. Which, you have to admit, was affected by the removal of Grade 13. The schools I went to were incredibly under-funded, and the staff was hardly qualified to deal with the students that were above or below par. The more intelligent students weren't stimulated and the slower ones suffered to keep up. The backlog of students going to University created by the removal of Grade 13 made competition to get into the better Universities a lot more difficult, too. Our system sucks.

The catholic school system is usually much much better than the public one. I am really happy that I went to a catholic school.

Phil G. on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

The only similarity between public high schools and public colleges is that both contain some 18 year olds and a lot of underage drinking.

moniker on
This discussion has been closed.