As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

On hammerhead sharks and their oddly located eyes (Science!)

• Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Reading it

8-)

Was like pulling teeth

I'm sorry that it

8-)

Didn't stick.

Awful. Just awful.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    He blew more than bubbles. Namely his face. Off.

:(

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Waka, i think you may be bad at this :P

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well aware.

Nothing...

8-)

Mind blowing

And I'm spent.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Waka Laka wrote: »

And I'm spent.

Thank god

Khavall on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If they think they're going to get away with this. . .

8-)

I'm going to burst their bubble.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    this thread was hard to read while eating, spiders are somewhat ugly

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DragonicityDragonicity Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So does anyone want to take a wild stab at what the fuck this could have been?

Mystery spiral blue light display hovers over Norway
    A mysterious light display appearing over Norway last night has left thousands of residents in the north of the country baffled.

Witnesses from Trøndelag to Finnmark compared the amazing sight to anything from a Russian rocket to a meteor or a shock wave - although no one appears to have mentioned UFOs yet.

The phenomenon began when what appeared to be a blue light seemed to soar up from behind a mountain. It stopped mid-air, then began to circulate.

Within seconds a giant spiral had covered the entire sky. Then a green-blue beam of light shot out from its centre - lasting for ten to twelve minutes before disappearing completely.

The Norwegian Meteorological Institute was flooded with telephone calls after the light storm - which astronomers have said did not appear to have been connected to the aurora, or Northern Lights, so common in that area of the world.

The mystery deepened tonight as Russia denied it had been conducting missile tests in the area.

Picture of the phenomenon:

article-1234430-07887B10000005DC-48_634x421.jpg

Dragonicity on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    whoops, my wormhole
    sorry

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    looks like a light show or something from that mountain

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009

A mysterious light display appearing over Norway last night has left thousands of residents in the north of the country baffled.

Witnesses from Trøndelag to Finnmark compared the amazing sight to anything from a Russian rocket to a meteor or a shock wave - although no one appears to have mentioned UFOs yet.

The phenomenon began when what appeared to be a blue light seemed to soar up from behind a mountain. It stopped mid-air, then began to circulate.

Within seconds a giant spiral had covered the entire sky. Then a green-blue beam of light shot out from its centre - lasting for ten to twelve minutes before disappearing completely.

The Norwegian Meteorological Institute was flooded with telephone calls after the light storm - which astronomers have said did not appear to have been connected to the aurora, or Northern Lights, so common in that area of the world.

The mystery deepened tonight as Russia denied it had been conducting missile tests in the area.

insufficient data, no conclusion possible at this time

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Druhim wrote: »

sliders.jpg

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

someone in D&D [chat], who lives in norway, says they are claiming a missile. I know this sounds like urban legends. Just saying what i have heard

Arch on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    it says they are claiming it's a missile right in that fucking article.
    but why does a missile shoot a blue laser spiral?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    it says they are claiming it's a missile right in that fucking article.
    but why does a missile shoot a blue laser spiral?

because obviously they're testing ratchet and clank weapons.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    INVASION IMMINENT
    wooohrm
    I mean come on that's something coming out of hyperspace right there

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    IT'S CLEARLY GURREN LAGANN

PIERCING THE HEAVENS WITH ITS DRILL

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I blame the LHC

Usagi on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Giant Hologram Snail

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    I blame the LHC

actually, that was my first thought as well
    In a movie about an LHC disaster, it might very well start like this!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    doesn't a ground-based projection system need something to project ONTO, like cloud-cover or something?

and also, wouldn't it be super fucking hard to even project something on a cloud?

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    on the positive side, black holes make real estate more valuable

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    the phenomena is clearly a space serpent

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    the seals to asgard have been broken

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    bwanie wrote: »
    Hornets are assholes.

I caught one with a wineglass and a piece of paper (against the wall) to take a good look at it.

Went out of the patio and placed the glass upside down with a string attached to it.

Unrolled it some 15 meters and tugged.

2 seconds go by and i hear a faint, vicious buzzing getting louder and louder.

Motherfucker comes round the corner, pissed as all hell and homes in on me. I see this.

I am scared.

By the grace of reflexes granted by sheer terror, i manage to duck and the fucker smacks into the wall with a satisfying *Thud*.

This is fucking scary

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

:^:

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    FirmSkater wrote: »

I don't think I'd call one expert's speculation as confirmation. Particularly when the Russians still deny firing a rocket at all.

To me this sounds like an experimental weapon that either the Russians or the Norwegians fired off that either went horribly wrong in flight, yielded far greater results than anticipated, Or provided unexpected results than what was anticipated.

Dragonicity on
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    it makes me wish i had a lollipop

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How come every time something awesome like this happens science has to come along and make it reasonable and boring?

Cristoval on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    FirmSkater wrote: »

I don't think I'd call one expert's speculation as confirmation. Particularly when the Russians still deny firing a rocket at all.

To me this sounds like an experimental weapon that either the Russians or the Norwegians fired off that either went horribly wrong in flight, yielded far greater results than anticipated, Or provided unexpected results than what was anticipated.

I'm going to cross post this from another forum:

I dunno you probably won't take it as evidence but as far as "probable causes" a rocket or failed rocket launch is pretty easily the most probable cause.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Why you gotta shatter my hopes and dreams with your pictures and facts?

Dragonicity on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No it's for sure a worm hole opening up to allow the entry of the terrible space demons, firmskater.

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Cristoval wrote: »
    How come every time something awesome like this happens science has to come along and make it reasonable and boring?

because you're a faggot and you deserve to have your dreams crushed

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    could it be a rocket that was fired as a flare to summon beings from another dimension? It looks like it's that.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Dragonicity on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dru is a bitter old man

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Harrier wrote: »
    Dru is a bitter old man

nah

Usagi on
This discussion has been closed.