As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect - Tycho: He does WORK!

• Options
    L.E.O.L.E.O. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    so i got a little dilemma, i got a lv 52 soldier and i was happily maxing out pistol as a back up weapon, but then i forget about the class specialization.

i chose shock trooper, but now i got some extra slots to put points in. so do i keep pumping pistol, which is like half way there (about 7 pts), or do i go for the shock trooper training (more health, adrenaline masteries and such.) which has about 7 points left.

i really dont want to leave my pistol hanging weaker than it should be, but is it even worth maxing out? i got the assault rifle as my main, i only use pistol for organics.

L.E.O. on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    True. Am I correct in thinking he's a Quarian?

His dialogue involved Tali and ships and Tali on ships. And then there was a clip of some quarian guy immediately after.

Speaking of Quarians, Shoreh Aghdashloo has an incredible voice.

His dialogue was supporting Shepard in the Conclave scene, by the sounds of things. It just seemed to me like a "one character you took along with you pipes up here" moment rather than something the character was actually involved in.

I don't really think him being a Quarian is likely, though I'm not going to completely discount it.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The armor cheat is rather fast and easy to do, really. Just count where it is from the bottom and time the one quick succession of button presses right.

I'm doing it for that exact reason too, aesthetics. Scorpion (the vaguely desert camo/black one) looks great as Heavy Armor for males. It's not the best armor but no fucking way anyone who is even somewhat aesthetically sensitive thinks bright red/black Colossus looks good on humans.

That, and with the saved points from Tactical Armor, I could afford to not leave my pistols at 6. It's great having two weapon choices.

His dialogue involved Tali and ships and Tali on ships. And then there was a clip of some quarian guy immediately after.

His dialogue was supporting Shepard in the Conclave scene, by the sounds of things. It just seemed to me like a "one character you took along with you pipes up here" moment rather than something the character was actually involved in.

I don't really think him being a Quarian is likely, though I'm not going to completely discount it.

I really, really want to believe you. Adam Baldwin has quite a voice. It would be a shame to not have him in onboard the Normandy.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    L.E.O. wrote: »
    so i got a little dilemma, i got a lv 52 soldier and i was happily maxing out pistol as a back up weapon, but then i forget about the class specialization.

i chose shock trooper, but now i got some extra slots to put points in. so do i keep pumping pistol, which is like half way there (about 7 pts), or do i go for the shock trooper training (more health, adrenaline masteries and such.) which has about 7 points left.

i really dont want to leave my pistol hanging weaker than it should be, but is it even worth maxing out? i got the assault rifle as my main, i only use pistol for organics.

I'd go with Shock Trooper. Doesn't that boost immunity, too? You really want that.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I.. I really like how the Colossus Armors look

Elendil on
  • Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm doing it for that exact reason too, aesthetics. Scorpion (the vaguely desert camo/black one) looks great as Heavy Armor for males. It's not the best armor but no fucking way anyone who is even somewhat aesthetically sensitive thinks bright red/black Colossus looks good on humans.

The colossus armor is terrible. It looks like cos-play.

So I was stuck spending about 20 hours in predator armor, constantly wondering why the hell I'm wearing forest camo in space.

The armor customization in ME2 is seriously one of my favorite features.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    oh, it looks really terrible on dude shep

I think it's okay on a female shep

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Elendil wrote: »

I'd go with Shock Trooper. Doesn't that boost immunity, too? You really want that.
    yes, there is an immunity mastery too. BUT i almost never die anyways. i guess the real question is; is pistol worth maxing out?

L.E.O. on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

His name is Quarian, though. And showing a character that is not the voice actor's character after featuring the voice actor is weird. Plus I don't know how a non-quarian would know anything about Tali's contributions, except maybe an ME1 squadmate which Baldwin isn't.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The pistol with marks activated does better damage than the AR. Less accurate though, you lose some range.
    I.. I really like how the Colossus Armors look

I'm..sorry. D:

Yeah, no. I'm not gonna say you're somehow wrong for liking it. I just think personally it looks bad.
    Wet Bandit wrote: »
    So I was stuck spending about 20 hours in predator armor, constantly wondering why the hell I'm wearing forest camo in space.

The armor customization in ME2 is seriously one of my favorite features.

There is something vaguely hilarious about looking like you're a futuristic desert storm soldier...in space.

And christ fuck yes. If they do it right, armor customization could be totally rad. I always found myself wanting to take part of one set and apply it to another.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm doing it for that exact reason too, aesthetics. Scorpion (the vaguely desert camo/black one) looks great as Heavy Armor for males.

Yessss. Most of the camos actually look shit-hot on femShep, too. They're just great all-round.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    And from the look of the Vanguard video, camo is an option too. (Just hopefully not all over the entire body only)

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    holy fucking shit simon templeman is in me2, you fuckers forgot to mention this while i was at work, unable to see the video, which is a good thing because i would of screamed out loud like a little girl.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah the female colossus looks totally different and way better

I have good taste guys

honest

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    its weird how bioware fucked up on the 2 best armors in the game, the red on the collosous is so bright shitty and the predator is green cammo in space.

but the mercenary armor looks freakin sweet and also the gladiator.

L.E.O. on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The pistol with marks activated does better damage than the AR. Less accurate though, you lose some range.

I'm probably wrong about this, given my inexperience with the AR, but don't they both pretty much amount to "spit out a lot of bullets and damage at flexible ranges"

It seems a tad redundant

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I'm probably wrong about this, given my inexperience with the AR, but don't they both pretty much amount to "spit out a lot of bullets and damage at flexible ranges"

It seems a tad redundant
    the AR is effective at surprisingly long ranges though.

L.E.O. on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

It seems a tad redundant

Well, it has the benefit of offering two similarly capable weapons for loading Tungsten and Shredder to.

Soldiers can certainly afford to invest in two weapon talents.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, Onyx is the best armor. It's black.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I liked Liberator :( It suited my engineer...

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    wait wait

I was too distracted by Tricia Helfer being here to notice but

is she an AI? What are you messing with, Cerberus?

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    -Tal wrote: »
    wait wait

I was too distracted by Tricia Helfer being here to notice but

is she an AI? What are you messing with, Cerberus?

I thought the exact same thing. She gives me the impression of a VI that skirts the borders of AI really really closely.

edit: Also Miranda is genetically modified, and we know the Council clamps down on that shit pretty hard. So yeah, Cerberus is up to some tricky business as usual, I suspect.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    that video..
    why is shep and joker wearing cerberus uniforms? i know you have to work with them but i am certainly not joining them and dressing in their uniform, i hope its a choice

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well, apparantly you can customize your uniforn you wear on the ship. If that applies to anyone else on the crew, dunno.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    has anyone else not seen this before? It's a lithograph of the citadel. The view is from the end of one of the ward arms, looking back toward the presidium. it's incredible.

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&ThemeID=718200&Env=BASE&productID=168242300

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    my ship will be neither alliance or cerberus, we will be our own group called "serenifly" and we will be big damn heroes.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well Cerberus is your sponsor, they built the SR2 and also probably saved you from death.

that is a damn pretty lithograph. I wish we could see the outside areas of the wards.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Which reminds me, I think this is the first time we've seen Normandy 2: Electric Boogaloo. It looks nice.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    Perfectly CromulentPerfectly Cromulent Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

It seems a tad redundant
    the AR is effective at surprisingly long ranges though.

Pistol with Marksman is also effective at surprisingly long ranges. I was popping drones on the other side of the map in BDtS quite easily.

Perfectly Cromulent on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    so when's this new trailer supposed to be out for us gmt folks?

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    12:30

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    wow thats a ton of sci-fi stars

Egos on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mass Effect 2: A Star Studded Cast of Thousands

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    They have Michael Hogan and Tricia Helfer. Where is James Callis ? I demand James Callis in something :)

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm still pushing for Gilbert Gottfried as the Reaper leader.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    martin sheen... simon templeman... adam baldwin... michael dorn... FUCK YES.

Urian on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Dorn does not sound happy to be doing sci-fi again :(

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I didn't even recognize him.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    It's probably hard for a lot of people to get work, so he might have bregrudgingly accepted this role. I would have NEVER expected someone of the caliber of Martin Sheen to do something like this, but there you go. If it's good enough for him it's good enough for Dorn. And if he's typecasted, so what, there's worse things that could have happened in his career. At this rate we're going to have Mark Wahlburg in Mass Effect 3.

Urian on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    hey um im doing this drawing thing about mass effect, so do the spectres have a logo? i wanna make a spectre badge but have no idea what it should look like. (i mean like a cop badge.)

this is the closest thing ive found, it could work...
    973509-spectre-inductee-unlocked_small.jpg

L.E.O. on