As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(MiniPhalla) Proto Man's Revenge - Game Over, Wily Dead Mafia Win!

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I think you dudes have a bad habit of mistaking weird behavior for mafia behavior.

I didn't base the vote on your behavior at all.

when a mafia member dies without knowing he's going to die and then breaks a tie close to vote close resulting in someone elses death, the smart thing to do is look at the other person. especially when usually the person who breaks said tie is suspicious and ties sometimes kill both people which is good for the mafia and if neither tries to defend themselves from a day 1 vote in a vanilla game, it means that neither is special which if they are both innocent the mafia can then narrow down their suspects for specials by 1 person.... so why break the tie?

I can see why the others thought it was weird that you were offering an actual reason for voting me out. I'm not going to say you're mafia because I think I'm just rationalizing a hunch rather than looking at things rationally, but I would expect the villagers to look back on this and wonder if you didn't choose to lay out a logical reason to avoid having people turn on you on Day 3. To a mafia, who of course knows I'm not mafia, this would be treated as an inevitability rather than a mere possibility. Villagers, on the other hand, generally act a bit more self-assured and less obligated to defend themselves (I imagine this is because confidence reaffirms their correctness to themselves).

There's certainly a stark contrast between your treatment of me today and how you acted in Mario Kart.

Also, as for the suspicious nature of Delmain's vote, I feel that's quite dealt with by the fact that I could have (and, as a mafia, would have been obligated to) break the tie myself.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think you dudes have a bad habit of mistaking weird behavior for mafia behavior.

I didn't base the vote on your behavior at all.

when a mafia member dies without knowing he's going to die and then breaks a tie close to vote close resulting in someone elses death, the smart thing to do is look at the other person. especially when usually the person who breaks said tie is suspicious and ties sometimes kill both people which is good for the mafia and if neither tries to defend themselves from a day 1 vote in a vanilla game, it means that neither is special which if they are both innocent the mafia can then narrow down their suspects for specials by 1 person.... so why break the tie?

I can see why the others thought it was weird that you were offering an actual reason for voting me out. I'm not going to say you're mafia because I think I'm just rationalizing a hunch rather than looking at things rationally, but I would expect the villagers to look back on this and wonder if you didn't choose to lay out a logical reason to avoid having people turn on you on Day 3. To a mafia, who of course knows I'm not mafia, this would be treated as an inevitability rather than a mere possibility. Villagers, on the other hand, generally act a bit more self-assured and less obligated to defend themselves (I imagine this is because confidence reaffirms their correctness to themselves).

There's certainly a stark contrast between your treatment of me today and how you acted in Mario Kart.

Also, as for the suspicious nature of Delmain's vote, I feel that's quite dealt with by the fact that I could have (and, as a mafia, would have been obligated to) break the tie myself.

I think you may be the anti-Dunadan.

overly wordy and always wrong.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    I dunno, there's a few people I want to vote for on account of they're really dangerous people to have as mafia...

Am I on that list? Please say I'm on that list.

You're on that list twice

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    I dunno, there's a few people I want to vote for on account of they're really dangerous people to have as mafia...

Am I on that list? Please say I'm on that list.

You're on that list twice

I'm not on the list because I am perfect and kind and nice and no one ever suspects me!
    Course, I also have a habit of deciding on someone's guilt then working to justify it, as I did when I said duna was guilty.

I do think kime is, though. Mark my words!

MUAHAHAHAHA!

.... I feel like my two remarks here contradict themselves almost....

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    kime's not on the list on account of him being gracious enough to have revealed as mafia and so I'm vigging him instead of voting for him.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    kime's not on the list on account of him being gracious enough to have revealed as mafia and so I'm vigging him instead of voting for him.
    Woot!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    3 hours left to send in actions and vote.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh Robos, you really do bring out the best in folks.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Just one hour left to vote and send in actions.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Have I voted? advent has a vote already, let's put him in second.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Alright, with less than an hour left, I think it's safe to say my fate is sealed.

Before I'm led to the gallows, I'd like to apologize if I came off as unnecessarily cross or unreasonable with you people. The truth of the matter is that I was just upset to have been found out so soon, especially given the circumstances.

Yes, the truth is that I am mafia and that Delmain did break the tie specifically to save me. The reason he did this is because I'd forgotten to do so myself and, knowing I would be gone for the remainder of the day, he felt he had no recourse but to cast a vote for Loser on my behalf. Naturally, if he'd known this would lead to my exposure on the next day, he'd have elected to let one of our teammates do the job instead. Unfortunately, things unfolded as they did, and so we find ourselves two days into the game with two players down and severely reduced odds of winning.

Foolish as I am, I thought I could talk myself into safety by misrepresenting my blunder as evidence of apathy and, consequently, innocence. In retrospect, I can see why none of you bought such an obvious fabrication. I've clearly overestimated my ability to lie and, more egregiously, underestimated your insight and cunning (particularly yours, Dunadan).

In closing, I just want to praise you all for a game well-played. It may be a bit premature to congratulate you for a total victory as well, but I'm sure that's soon to come nonetheless.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Almost forgot I was in this...

So Robos! I guess

Minor Second on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You've gotta nip these votes in the bud, Robos! And then accuse someone!

Play better. :P

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

He should've started a bandwagon on me. That tends to always work :lol:.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Yeah, looks like I really dropped the ball again! At least this time it's a mistake that helped the village, though it's hurting me in the process. :lol:

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, it's the worst part of being mafia with you (kime).

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yes, the kime wagon should be the first tool in any effective mafia's repertoire.
    Yeah, it's the worst part of being mafia with you (kime).

I wouldn't know. :whistle:

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    damnit, now I know I'm gonna die tonight.

I have 40 minutes left which means I can get in about 75 posts....

time to get crackin?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This is very sportsmanlike of you, Robos!
    I would do the same if I was just a villager

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well, I'm just trying to gracious in defeat. No need for hard feelings, especially given the tendency of hostility to carry over from one game to the next.

In the end, you just have to remember that it's about having fun, you know?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well, I'm just trying to gracious in defeat. No need for hard feelings, especially given the tendency of hostility to carry over from one game to the next.

No it's not. It's about bringing as many people pain as you can.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    of course, if robos is just a villager, that means we have to kill jdarksun tomorrow.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    of course, if robos is just a villager, that means we have to kill jdarksun tomorrow.
    Why? It was your idea.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    kime wrote: »

you are a good apprentice, one day you shall rule from my throne.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why? It was your idea.

yeah, but he's dead tomorrow, remember?

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Why? It was your idea.

I'm dying tonight, didn't u get the memo?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Why? It was your idea.

You are? pfft, no you aren't, I'm the secret guard and I'm guarding you.

But.... but that still doesn't make it jdark's fault :lol:.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Naw, I don't believe that. Even if we're not on the same side, it doesn't mean I can't appreciate the skill of the opposing team. Mafia or villager, win or lose, we're all just doing what we can to enrich the experience for everyone.

How can I resent that?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Why? It was your idea.

dumb guard! go guard the vig.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Naw, I don't believe that. Even if we're not on the same side, it doesn't mean I can't appreciate the skill of the opposing team. Mafia or villager, win or lose, we're all just doing what we can to enrich the experience for everyone.

How can I resent that?

Win, lose, mafia, villager? None of that has to do with what I said! You can torment other people in all situations!
    Why? It was your idea.

But I trust you, Duny!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009

How can I resent that?

I apologize if my enrichment got in your hair. that happens every now and then.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

How can I resent that?

Win, lose, mafia, villager? None of that has to do with what I said! You can torment other people in all situations!
    Why? It was your idea.

But I trust you, Duny!

and I trust the revealed vig!

ergo.....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

How can I resent that?

That explains the newfound shine and bounce that's made me the talk of the secretarial pool.

Enrichment, a new conditioner from Dunadan.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

How can I resent that?

That explains the newfound shine and bounce that's made me the talk of the secretarial pool.

Enrichment, a new conditioner from Dunadan.

che-magnifique

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Quickly Dunadan

You must reveal all the mafia like you do after the game ends with your mighty intuition.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So uhhh..... the vig isn't really killing Duny, right? 'cause calling your kill midday is kind of a... no-no....

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Quickly Dunadan

You must reveal all the mafia like you do after the game ends with your mighty intuition.

when have I done that?

I always point back to when I revealed them inthread.

and If I reveal them before vote close then that does NO good.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Seriously, your random intuition was great in the previous Mega Man game. Go nuts!

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So uhhh..... the vig isn't really killing Duny, right? 'cause calling your kill midday is kind of a... no-no....

I aspire one day to be triple killed.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Toxic Toys on
This discussion has been closed.