Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Austera wrote: »
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Holy shit Tim Tams ffffuck I want some Tim Tams.

I just ate another one in your honor. I have a stack of four boxes of them just sitting next to my computer. I am going to be so fat.

Silly Doc, you must eat them Tim Tam Slam style! =D

Yeah, my bad for not including eating instructions with the Tim Tams, the nibble dunk is definitely essential. I hope you enjoy all the chocolaty goodness :D

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santa,

I waited to open my presents until I had my santees packages away. So my reward for a couple weeks of procrastination and failed stalking were as follows

A giant Tome of Trivia knowledge, to better assist my attempts to play 1v100 on my nights off:
    GTSS01-TomeOfTrivia.JPG?attredirects=0

1600 Microsoft Moonbucks for being awesome at trivia:
    GTSS02-MSFunbux.JPG

John Dies At The End, which shall be devoured shortly:
    GTSS03-JohnDiesAtTheEnd.JPG

Additionally, I received a pair of ingame pets for WoW, which I was going to purchase for my fiance (she has like 80 pets in game, no joke). So I gave them to her. She thanks you, Dear Santa.
    lilkt.jpgpandaren.jpg

The Spread:
    GTSS04-thespread.JPG
    But what is that friendly blue face among the loot? And why is his other side black? Someone to my north will better know the answers to these questions soon enough.
    Aforementioned fiance may have been drafted to assemble him.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh man, I have a copy of John Dies At The End on my desk right now. I loved it, but then Harry Potter came out, and I never picked it back up.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    Scotty: Did you happen to get the base from Michael's? I discovered them there as well, but not before I already made one of two sculptures on a half-assed one that I cut myself. The ones from Michael's are much better, but I wish the wood wasn't so damn soft (for staining/urethane)

Figgy, go to your local Home Depot, (if you have one) and look in their wood section where they keep their parts for building banisters and such. The one's I buy are made of OAK. Very strong, and they already have a hole in the middle of them.:wink:

Scotty on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    Oh man, I have a copy of John Dies At The End on my desk right now. I loved it, but then Harry Potter came out, and I never picked it back up.

Thanks to this thread, I also have a copy of John Dies At The End... Don't disappoint me G&T!

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, I got some bad news this morning, my xbox, has passed away. The cause of death is thought to be the dreaded ring of death, and foul play is not suspected.

Spaniard, I'm getting a small taste of how you must feel, to all of you who have your xbox, wiii ands playstations to hold this holiday season, hold them tightly. :cry:

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I just want to say to my Santee I'm sorry your gift isn't there yet, Canada post isn't helping me as their online tracking has said its in the us for 5 days now and without giving anything away from the border your place is at most a day away. Hope its there in time for Christmas.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Scotty wrote: »
    Scotty: Did you happen to get the base from Michael's? I discovered them there as well, but not before I already made one of two sculptures on a half-assed one that I cut myself. The ones from Michael's are much better, but I wish the wood wasn't so damn soft (for staining/urethane)

Figgy, go to your local Home Depot, (if you have one) and look in their wood section where they keep their parts for building banisters and such. The one's I buy are made of OAK. Very strong, and they already have a hole in the middle of them.:wink:

Pricey? They had more sturdy ones at Michael's, made for clock faces, but they were like $10 for a 5x5 base. The ones I found were like 89 cents, albeit less solid.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gift Get!

So I received a proxy message telling me my gift had arrived this morning. My initial excitement was quickly met with the realization that my buildings leasing office (where packages go) is closed on Sundays, and I died a little inside. However, I decided to go check my mailbox anyway, realizing I forgot to do so yesterday, and there wedged inside my mailbox was a beautiful parcel. Using the word wedged is an understatement, the mailman literally filled up every inch of my mailbox with this package. After spending the better part of an hour trying to pry the box free from the womb in which it was lodged, I was finally successful.

Upon opening the gift, I shed a tear as I saw the lovely bounty that awaited....(pictures were taken with my iphone, pardon the crappiness)
    Z9j4Vl.jpg
    wZBq1l.jpg
    Trader Joes Peanut Butter Cups. You clearly have some sort of telepathic stalking ability. Peanut Butter cups are my favorite food group, and I suspect these will be gone by the time i'm finished posting this.
    uMJvyl.jpg
    1600 Xbox Live Points. Once again, excellent choice. There are quite a few Rock Band 2 songs I've been meaning to purchase, and this will give me the means to do so.
    BSihJl.jpg
    Tales of Vesperia. Another excellent choice! I love the Tales series, but had not gotten around to playing this one yet. You are correct that I do not own any RPGs on the 360, but I have beaten a few that I rented through GameFly (Lost Odyssey, Last Remnant, Star Ocean). I am very excited to spend my xmas vacation playing the hell out of this.
    yNN67.jpg
    World War Z. I do already own this book (and ADORE it). I'm fairly certain Max Brooks has some sort of PA Secret Santa brainwash thing going on, as it appears that 50% of SS Gifts here include this book (including my gift to DHS Odium). Don't worry though, this will not go to waste. I have a bunch of friends who wanted to borrow it, and now I can let them.
    Torchlight via Steam. I have played the hell out of this game on my friends laptop, but never got around to purchasing for it myself. Now I can play it whenever I like, thank you!
    EAp8Hl.jpg
    The whole haul!

Thank you very much mystery santa (Darunia? I'm guessing from the avatar pic), I couldn't be more pleased with the gifts you bestowed upon me. You did a great job, especially since I didn't give you much to stalk off of. You rock!

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gift Get!

So I received a proxy message telling me my gift had arrived this morning. My initial excitement was quickly met with the realization that my buildings leasing office (where packages go) is closed on Sundays, and I died a little inside. However, I decided to go check my mailbox anyway, realizing I forgot to do so yesterday, and there wedged inside my mailbox was a beautiful parcel. Using the word wedged is an understatement, the mailman literally filled up every inch of my mailbox with this package. After spending the better part of an hour trying to pry the box free from the womb in which it was lodged, I was finally successful.

Upon opening the gift, I shed a tear as I saw the lovely bounty that awaited....(pictures were taken with my iphone, pardon the crappiness)
    Z9j4Vl.jpg
    wZBq1l.jpg
    Trader Joes Peanut Butter Cups. You clearly have some sort of telepathic stalking ability. Peanut Butter cups are my favorite food group, and I suspect these will be gone by the time i'm finished posting this.
    uMJvyl.jpg
    1600 Xbox Live Points. Once again, excellent choice. There are quite a few Rock Band 2 songs I've been meaning to purchase, and this will give me the means to do so.
    BSihJl.jpg
    Tales of Vesperia. Another excellent choice! I love the Tales series, but had not gotten around to playing this one yet. You are correct that I do not own any RPGs on the 360, but I have beaten a few that I rented through GameFly (Lost Odyssey, Last Remnant, Star Ocean). I am very excited to spend my xmas vacation playing the hell out of this.
    yNN67.jpg
    World War Z. I do already own this book (and ADORE it). I'm fairly certain Max Brooks has some sort of PA Secret Santa brainwash thing going on, as it appears that 50% of SS Gifts here include this book (including my gift to DHS Odium). Don't worry though, this will not go to waste. I have a bunch of friends who wanted to borrow it, and now I can let them.
    Torchlight via Steam. I have played the hell out of this game on my friends laptop, but never got around to purchasing for it myself. Now I can play it whenever I like, thank you!
    EAp8Hl.jpg
    The whole haul!

Thank you very much mystery santa (Darunia? I'm guessing from the avatar pic), I couldn't be more pleased with the gifts you bestowed upon me. You did a great job, especially since I didn't give you much to stalk off of. You rock!

I'll give you a hint, it's me!

Wait let me try that again...

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Gift Get!

Z9j4Vl.jpg
    wZBq1l.jpg
    uMJvyl.jpg
    BSihJl.jpg
    yNN67.jpg
    EAp8Hl.jpg
    The whole haul!

I'll give you a hint, it's me!

Wait let me try that again...

I just figured that out and edited the post :)

Thanks again! You did a great job and I love the gifts!

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Pricey? They had more sturdy ones at Michael's, made for clock faces, but they were like $10 for a 5x5 base. The ones I found were like 89 cents, albeit less solid.

If I remember correctly, they were about $3.00-5.00 Canadian depending on size. (oak bases at HD)
    They are perfect really, and I find they always have them in stock.:^:

Scotty on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well Scotty's gift has been sent out.. Everyone can go home now.. Christmas is over!

remlap13 on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sorry about the delay, I get my stuff shipped to my mom's house and she didn't bother to tell me I had a package until I finally texted her and asked if there was anything addressed to me.

So I opened everything up and got someone to take pictures, all I have to do is resize them and edit it all together. So, pics incoming.

Thanks Figgy, this shit is pretty awesome.

freakish light on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think next year... somebody is getting dickerdoodles.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I arrive at my mom's house to start unpacking everything. They've got me all set up on the table and such. I didn't get a picture of it cause it's got my real name on it, but someone's added "The Wrench" to my name and my parents are amused by this.

I didn't think to ask for someone to get the camera until I'd started opening it, and all of the in-process pictures of me are really unflattering, so I'll just post pictures of the stuff inside.
    First up was a card with an envelope that said "Open me!" so I did.

ss_01.jpg

Again, I didn't get pictures, but they were all wrapped in wrapping paper very nicely. A good presentation.

The first package I opened contained lots and lots of candy! Sweet! One of the kinder eggs busted open a little in transit, but it's still tasty.

ss_02.jpg

Up next is some kind of book-shaped package. Oh, it's a book!

ss_03.jpg

Sweet! I always wanted to read this, but never got around to it, and I love zombies. A good choice.

Another rectangular package is up next. Another book, perhaps?

ss_04.jpg

Nope! Master of Orion 3. Never played it, but I keep hearing people gush about it on here, so I guess I'll have to give it a shot. Appears to be sealed? Nice.

Another box-shaped box is up. Another game maybe?

ss_07.jpg

It is, but not the kind I was thinking of. I wonder how this plays? It looks kind of interesting.

Now, on the declarations form on the front, I had seen that this contains clay sculptures, and there's only one box left, so this must be it. I wonder what's in there? It's packed pretty tight with noodly packing material, but eventually I pull out...

ss_05.jpg

Moustachio the Pistachio! Wow! He looks great, though shipping has taken a toll on his arms.

There's something else in there, so I dig a little deeper...

ss_06.jpg

A hand-sculpted power armor bust? Holy crap! That's amazing!

Wow! What a haul. I've already dug into some of the candy and it is pretty fantastic. I just realized I didn't get a shot of the inside of the card, but rest assured that it is sufficiently phallic for PA.

All in all it's a great Christmas! Thanks a ton, Figgy!

freakish light on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, I got some bad news this morning, my xbox, has passed away. The cause of death is thought to be the dreaded ring of death, and foul play is not suspected.

Spaniard, I'm getting a small taste of how you must feel, to all of you who have your xbox, wiii ands playstations to hold this holiday season, hold them tightly. :cry:

Sorry your Xbox red-ringed, but unless it detonated when it did taking out your saves, other systems, and games, I'd say it's just a liiiiitle different. :P

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So, I got some bad news this morning, my xbox, has passed away. The cause of death is thought to be the dreaded ring of death, and foul play is not suspected.Spaniard, I'm getting a small taste of how you must feel, to all of you who have your xbox, wiii ands playstations to hold this holiday season, hold them tightly. :cry:
    Sorry your Xbox red-ringed, but unless it detonated when it did taking out your saves, other systems, and games, I'd say it's just a liiiiitle different. :P
    You make a good point. Though I did say a small taste.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    Pixel BluePixel Blue Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    -

Pixel Blue on
  • Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Am I permabanned if my package doesn't go out till this week?

In other news, first one is complete, and looks badass. Sanding/painting the second one now. Mods have already been done, just finish work!

tachyon on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Seriously, I didn't want to be a dick, but I can't believe someone compared their Xbox Redringing to what happened to you.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    tachyon wrote: »
    Am I permabanned if my package doesn't go out till this week?

In other news, first one is complete, and looks badass. Sanding/painting the second one now. Mods have already been done, just finish work!

I dunno.

IIRC there were deadlines last year but I don't see any in this years OP.

I think the main thing is to try to get it there by christmas.

If you can't do that at least send your santee a note letting them know it's on the way and will be late. That's better than nothing.

I still haven't gotten anything and unless the OP list hasn't been updated recently it would appear a lot of people are in the same boat. Gifts seemed to go out a lot earlier last year for some reason; maybe this year people are just waiting to try to get things there right at Christmas instead of late November. I would say that anyone who knows, or thinks, that their santee isn't going to get their package by Christmas, they should contact an elf and let their santees know that is the case so people don't get worried and/or mad.

Last year I believe a few people got their gifts after the new years but Doc put a final day to say "if it's not there, gtfo".

EDIT: And dude wasn't saying "ZOMG getting red ringed is exactly like getting all my shit stolen!!". Relax.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I thinks I good. Plus I'm putting alot of....holiday cheer into these babies.

tachyon on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i got one of those coffee crisp bars from my secret santa last year and they are infinitely delicious

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pixel Blue wrote: »

One last parcel. Feels soft and squishy. Like ... hand-crafted goods!
    ss9.jpg
    I have been going like this: :O since I opened them. Its two little deku (ok - korok, really) dudes, Makar the cello-style violin player, and super cute Rown, from Wind Waker! They are *adorable*.

Who could have got such amazing presents? Doc Holliday, of course. King of Christmas. Dude, thank you so much. You're amazing, you ran my favorite Let's Play -- you totally made my week. I am showing everybody these goodies. Thank you!

awesome

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Seriously, I didn't want to be a dick, but I can't believe someone compared their Xbox Redringing to what happened to you.

Down boy, I don't think he meant anything by it.

Also fuck I think the buglers might have damaged my computer when they dropped it, because it just randomly shut off for no good reason when I was playing Torchlight.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Also fuck I think the buglers might have damaged my computer when they dropped it, because it just randomly shut off for no good reason when I was playing Torchlight.

You know it turns you on when I get all overprotective of you.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cyphrcyphr Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I've had these on my coffee table for the past week and a half or so, and I've held back on posting because my Santa says there's one more gift on the way (holy crap!!!), but I want to make sure to get these up before the holidays so everyone can see how awesome my Santa was.

First, an important instructional manual.
    ZJuo2.jpg

Next up is a masterpiece of modern cinema which I have been amiss in not watching up until now - Santa wins again!
    wYvaE.jpg

Thirdly, proof that today's kids have it a hell of a lot better than we ever did. It even comes with the Kraken! This is amazing.
    iYxu4.jpg

And finally, a game I've heard incredible things about. I absolutely can't wait to play this.
    CqyNq.jpg

So Santa, these are stupidly awesome, and I can't thank you enough. And I can't believe that there's apparently one more gift on the way! Whoever you may be, you win Christmas.

cyphr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I'm sure I saw these guys on Americas most wanted
    apr2007buglers.JPG

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    cyphr wrote: »
    the Kraken![/SPOILER]

I can't swim over seaweed because of that blinking book - the Kraken live hidden in the seaweed, and will come out and get me!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

D:

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, I just found out my dog probably won't make it past new years :(. they're going to keep him alive until I get home, but thats kinda an awful Christmas present.

Sad times.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Good lord, thats not what I meant at all.

Spartan 0092 on
  • Options
    X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my wonderful boyfriend wouldn't take no for an answer and has offered me his new PS3 that he got a week ago as a Christmas present.

Icemopper is your boyfriend?
    4196220457_9eff83bef4.jpg

Just as dashing as the real thing, I'd say!

Get a 'tache! Become your avatar!

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Man, I just found out my dog probably won't make it past new years :(. they're going to keep him alive until I get home, but thats kinda an awful Christmas present.

Sad times.

Man, I feel for you. My wife and I had to make that decision for our dog a year ago, extremely tough saying bye to a pet. (a family member really)

Take care man.

Scotty on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, orcs and gnomes!
    Gather around, for I have news!
    After a week of waiting I can officially say...
    GIFT GET!!!!!!!!!

I got home today to finally recieve the package that has been waiting for me
    DSC00701.jpg

Bailey looks dinstinctly bored by this new arrival...
    DSC00703.jpg

Until he's told that there are gifts within! I can't hold him back!
    DSC00704.jpg

Fearing his young-dog ways of thinking, I retreat to the bedroom before he tears the gift apart.
    DECAPITATIOOOOOOOOOOON!
    DSC00706.jpg

But what is contained within?
    DSC00707.jpg

Awesome! 2100 MS points. Now I can finally get all the things I've wanted for so long, where to start, Dr.Ned? Shadow Complex? Who knows?!

But wait, what's this? There's more! The attached invoice reads:

"Hello, and seasonal greetings from your Secret Santa. This is a small item to hold you over - the other item unfortunately might take a tiny bit longer. Your Secret Santa."

So...the waiting...starts again?!
    D:...:)...D:...:(...D:...:(...D:...:(...D:...:(

Thank you, so far, mysterious Austrian Santa! (Christkind?)

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Sad times.

Man, I feel for you. My wife and I had to make that decision for our dog a year ago, extremely tough saying bye to a pet. (a family member really)

Take care man.

Somehow this years Secret Santa thread is both the best and worse ever.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    see317 wrote: »

Sad times.

Take care man.

Somehow this years Secret Santa thread is both the best and worse ever.

and both my posts seem to be totally inappropriate :-(. Worst timing.
    That's awful for you Ice D:

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    See, I think last year we started the whole SS stuff way earlier. There was a point where I started PMing important people to see what the hell was going on and why there wasn't a thread at all.

And yea, RROD isn't the same as getting robbed. Although, after my fourth RROD, it has robbed me of my dignity, as I keep buying new 360s (but this latest is an arcade that I looked at the skew before buying so I am safe for now).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You guys are all awesome. I only wish Christmas would come sooner next year, so we can start this thing all over again. <3

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky