Options

The Last Day of the [STEAM] Sale - Disappointing

• Options
    HejogHejog Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I bought it on the assumption it will run (barely) on my 9400M whilst I'm away for Xmas. Check back in 12 hours and i'll let you know how it runs if thats a useful benchmark.

Hejog on
    steam: hejog / xbl name: Hejog1 / psn name: Hejog / omgponi.es / tweet
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Hejog wrote: »
    WHAT ARE THEY!

Stormrise for $7.49
    Jade Empire SE for $3.75
    King Arthur for $19.99
    Company Of Heroes - Tales Of Valor for $7.50
    Mr. Robot for $2.00
    Silent Hill - Homecoming for $10.00

Where are you guys seeing Silent Hill? It's not on there?

Anyway, totally called Jade Empire. I want Mass Effect and Falout 3 too, Steam.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Steam just fucked up on me.

ordered Jade Empire SE, purchased it. It hung up on the order, gave me the game, and charged my card. But I didnt get a confirmation email and steam said to contact steam support.

contact them to get the confirmation email?

they get sent straight to my spam folder.
    Roshin wrote: »
    WHAT ARE THEY!

Stormrise for $7.49
    Jade Empire SE for $3.75
    King Arthur for $19.99
    Mr. Robot for $2.00

what region are you in? I see it in UK.

Hejog on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Heh, Silent Hill ain't available in €.

They don't want our monies!

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

ordered Jade Empire SE, purchased it. It hung up on the order, gave me the game, and charged my card. But I didnt get a confirmation email and steam said to contact steam support.

Roshin wrote: »
    WHAT ARE THEY!

Stormrise for $7.49
    Jade Empire SE for $3.75
    King Arthur for $19.99
    Mr. Robot for $2.00

what region are you in? I see it in UK.

Sweden.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Achilles Last StandAchilles Last Stand Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This sale has added to my backlog so much. Wonder how many fail updates for the great Backlog challenge thread have been because of it.

Achilles Last Stand on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I just bought Burnout Paradise for 7.50 because there were only ten minutes left in the sale

I hope I have not made a terrible mistake

You absolutely have not. Best racing game ever made.

As long as you have a controller and not trying to play it with kbm.

Um

well

you see...

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I neither see King Arthur nor Silent Hill. Fuckadoodle.

Todesbart on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hmm... I figured if anyone, Australia would be the one to not sell silent hill.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I just bought Burnout Paradise for 7.50 because there were only ten minutes left in the sale

I hope I have not made a terrible mistake

You absolutely have not. Best racing game ever made.

As long as you have a controller and not trying to play it with kbm.

Um

well

you see...

i wonder if you have more chance of a game controller being in the steam sale or MW2.

Hejog on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It's not that I even like Silent Hill, but I feel left out. :cry:

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The witcher, is it a good game? Do I get to roam around like in Morrowind?

Peas on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I might actually get Company of Heroes now, though they really need to fix that Complete Package, considering buying ToV along with CoH Gold only comes to around €16, while the Complete is €30.

Oh, and I'm gonna spring for Mr. Robot. It looks like fun.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Space Siege is in the top 20 sales. I weep for those.

Also I'm on the fence about Jade Empire. I saw my friend play it, and there was a 20 minute cut scene EVERY TIME HE FOUGHT SOMEONE. At least in the beginning.

I don't know if I can take it.

urahonky on
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Entaru wrote: »
    Civ IV complete?

I do not understand your crazy language in where a question mark is actually an exclamation point.

No, no...don't get me wrong. I love the Civ series, but I worry that if I buy it I will spend way too much time playing that, beyond what my normal gaming time will allow. If it happens to drop to $10, though...ugh, I can't pass that up, I know.

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Peas wrote: »

Eh, sorta. There are chapters. Once you finish one chapter I don't believe you can go back. I don't think there's a reason to go back, honestly.

I honestly thought the game was terrible, but there will be plenty of people to come in and say that it's the greatest WRPG evar. I didn't like the voice acting, and the story was really meh to me. The combat system was okay, but it was pretty repetitive after a while. Graphics are really good though.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Peas wrote: »

Yes, it is. No, you don't.

Jade Empire is okay, if you can get over the fact that it is the most rigid Bioware game, and that the combat system is broken as hell. If nothing else, the soundtrack is kickass, and it still looks rather good. I don't believe the PC version is that great, however - I seem to recall it not supporting widescreen.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I might actually get Company of Heroes now, though they really need to fix that Complete Package, considering buying ToV along with CoH Gold only comes to around €16, while the Complete is €30.

Oh, and I'm gonna spring for Mr. Robot. It looks like fun.

You totally should. Its an amazing game: super deep in terms of tactics, and its stunning how great people are online. One of my favourite RTS games: and I own nearly all of them.

Hejog on
  • Options
    SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    urahonky wrote: »

Also I'm on the fence about Jade Empire. I saw my friend play it, and there was a 20 minute cut scene EVERY TIME HE FOUGHT SOMEONE. At least in the beginning.

Welcome to Bioware RPGs.

Correction

Welcome to RPGs.

Sanders on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Get borderlands instead!

Hejog on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sanders wrote: »

Welcome to Bioware RPGs.

Which is funny because I just beat Dragon Age and loved it, and beat Mass Effect and loved it... I've played every Bioware game and enjoyed them all.... But watching my friend play JE made me shudder at the thought of playing through it.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Get borderlands instead!

Oh man I love Borderlands. I have 1000/1000 on it on the 360. :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    you were able to take it for dragon age, mass effect and every other bioware game, but suddenly when the protagonist is asian you just can't handle it

hmm

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    my brother leaves games open on steam whilst afk (IMHO) to get the appropriate game the highest play time on his profile. Does steam even track games played whilst idle?

Hejog on
  • Options
    zestydeezestydee Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    King Arthur is a surprisingly good game, in spite of it's terribly generic title. It's a total war - Civ4 hybrid with hero classes and dialogue choices that effect your powers and armies and run on sentences and such. It does a pretty good job at packing all these things into one pretty package. The only gripes I have is that maximum resolution is 1024X768 (eww) and the difficulty can be pretty unforgiving (or maybe I just suck).

All in all it's a pretty unique game, and if you're a fan of the genre(s?) I'd say go for it. I'm quite pleased with the purchase, though I had to remind myself that $20 bucks isn't that expensive for a new game, it just seems that way when everything else is going for $5.

edit: apparently a patch added 1440x900 and I didn't notice. Rejoice!

zestydee on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I know if i alt tab out of a game and am on these forums my sig will have my idling game listed as Now Playing so I would assume yes

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As long as the application steam launches is open.

I had such insane GTA4 playtimes for a while because I didn't realize leaving the GTAIV launcher open in the system tray counted as running the game for steam stats

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am tempted to get Tales of Valor and Mr.Robot, but I have a flight to catch and I don't know if I am going to pull the trigger just yet.

Mr.Robot gets points off for not being titled Mr.Roboto.

EDIT: For those of you on the fence about Jade Empire, get it. It a pretty solid Bioware RPG with kung fu action fighting and a pretty decent storyline. I bought it for full price when it came out on the Xbox and I was satisfied, and now it is 3 dollars, so there you go.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    ruforufo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I played through DA back on the Xbox - I remember liking it, although somewhat less than Mass Effect and KOTOR. I also recall the fighting system being rather easy to exploit once gain the correct styles, but I don't remember if it was easy or difficult. Don't remember it being particularly wordy, though.

It's certainly worth $3.75 if you like KOTOR/ME.

rufo on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    is mr robot actually fun?

I played 15 minutes when I got it as part of the indie pack and it was all tutorials on how to push boxes around and jump on boxes

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So today is the only day of the sale so far where I have zero interest in anything up there.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Cherrn wrote: »

No kidding. I just looked at CoH Complete and the math is crazy.

Individual price 21,22€
    Package price 45,99€
    Holiday Sale -15,02€

Cost to you 30,97€

Individual price is what the game and 2 expansions actually cost, if you buy them one by one. :lol:

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my brother leaves games open on steam whilst afk (IMHO) to get the appropriate game the highest play time on his profile. Does steam even track games played whilst idle?

It does, assuming you're in the game (although I hear it works alt-tabbed too).

A better question is why it's important to your brother to appear to have played a game for dozens of hours more than he has? o_O

subedii on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    subedii wrote: »

It does, assuming you're in the game (although I hear it works alt-tabbed too).

A better question is why it's important to your brother to appear to have played a game for dozens of hours more than he has? o_O

because he's 14 and a bit odd, maybe? dunno. At least he is currently idling in torchlight. I might gift him Stormrise and secretly set his steam to idle in that all night.

Hejog on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Before I buy it, I gotta ask... Does Mr. Robot have a secret? Perhaps he knows somewhere to hide, to keep me alive?

Cherrn on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    SoaL wrote: »

I played 15 minutes when I got it as part of the indie pack and it was all tutorials on how to push boxes around and jump on boxes

From what I've read, it's half block pushing puzzle game, half RPG combat w/character customization.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    SoaL wrote: »

There's a demo, which gives you 60 minutes to play it.

I got bored with it far sooner than that, though. It's cute, but it mixes various generic gameplay types and doesn't do any of them very well. It was odd to see a JPRG battle system plopped into the middle of a platforming game, though.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Just got the message that my card was declined.

and JE was removed from my game list.

but it was charged, I am looking at it as a successful charge on my statement right now

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    JorilJoril BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is there anything that makes Jade Empire stand out? I'm a huge Bioware fan (I guess that's my reason right there), but JE hasn't really had the glowing reactions other Bioware games have had.

Joril on
    bonesnacksig.jpg
  • Options
    LingxorLingxor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anyone else holding out for Cryostasis to show up on the daily sales? Even though I have so much stuff backlogged I'm still having trouble controlling myself.

It is way too easy to hit the purchase button and it doesn't help that my card info is saved.

DAMN YOU STEAM

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL

Lingxor on
This discussion has been closed.