As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Fail of the Lich King: [Chat] 3.3

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Also, a few pages old but
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I also go back and kill devilsaurs and that elite undead guy in Raven Hill cemetery. I hold grudges.

I did this to Sons of Arugal once in TBC with my freshly 70 Druid. He was my first character to any level cap (never had a 60 in Vanilla), and this was literally the first thing I thought to do.

It felt... good. [img]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v325/Ledneh/SA Emoticons/emot-unsmith.gif[/img]

Ledneh on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That goddamn fucking crimson courier

Javen on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The rape squad in the barrens.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The ancient in Ashenvale.

815165 on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I wonder why they don't just change it so that damage absorbed by a shield is counted as damage healed as far as Spiritual Attunement is concerned, and let it give the mana.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The Defias mages in Moonbrook....

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Defias mages in Moonbrook....
    I'm so glad those fuckers got nerfed, the fireball hitting you for half your health was bullshit enough but pulling three of them at a time was awful.

815165 on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    The rape squad in the barrens.

They moved those off the mainroad awhile ago. Still elites though.

Loch Modan has a trio that patrols over east of that big lake. They killed my first character who got past 15 a few times.

Seg on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jaded wrote: »
    True, but still an elite...
    I used to hate going there to do the Skeletal Horrors and Fiends... either the Carrion Recluse's would get me or Mor'Ladim would tromp along and wreck your shit.

I remember on launch day I was jaunting about the human starting area on my paladin when I crossed the river. I'd never played an MMO before so it went something like this.

"Oh, cool it has gotten all dark and creepy. Wait, why do those wolves have skulls instead of a level on their na......

Kelor on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i did that with my first character, an UD mage. i was runnong around exploring, came upon the barricade, went through, and was greeted by a pissed off zombie bear.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I wonder if any people playing horde as their first characters didn't do this:

[General:Barrens] "Hey guys! These 4 alliance on the road in the south totally ganked me! Help!"

-SPI- on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Has anyone tried the Wowhead thing that checks which quests you still need in an area? I thought about trying it out to help with loremaster and figured I ought to see what people thought of it.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i did that with my first character, an UD mage. i was runnong around exploring, came upon the barricade, went through, and was greeted by a pissed off zombie bear.

Ahhh, WelcomeBear. Truly you are the king of all ursine beasts.

Ledneh on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Oh, great. The dude you kill for the horde rogue poison quest is bugged and doesn't drop his head.

Echo on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Random LFD tank with 505 defense who insists on pulling multiple packs in OK, we salute you.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Azastra

It was 502, they lied -_-

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Has anyone tried the Wowhead thing that checks which quests you still need in an area? I thought about trying it out to help with loremaster and figured I ought to see what people thought of it.

It is awesome. It also does it with pets and mounts. It takes about 10 minutes and then you have a profile that shows you what pets/mounts you don't have, and what quests are incomplete in a zone by zone basis. I have 73 undone in Bloodmyst Isle which is pretty much all I need for Kalimdor Loremaster. Cool shit.

Also, prot paladins should always have Divine Plea up because they have this (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45745) glyph that turns it into a permanent mini-barkskin.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    mfc144 wrote: »
    So I'll preface this by saying I don't know a whole lot about the paladin class while tanking...

I've been in many a dungeon now, healing with my discipline priest. I've healed tons of paladins. In the last few days I have had 2 pallys tell me they don't want me to shield them because they "need to take damage to get mana". Fine whatever, I don't PW:S them. Which is difficult because it's kind of disciplines "thing".. and it's fighting against months of muscle memory to keep that shield up. That and I can't do anything about Divine Aegis, which the most recent pally bitched about, and I told him to go spit.

What I'm not understanding is, why have all the other paladins not asked me to do that? I ran a chain of 8 heroics one night with a pally and he was a non-stop chain pulling beast of a pally, and he never asked me not to shield him. So what am I missing here? Do they just suck, or have I been fucking over every paladin I group with, but they're all too nice to say something about it.

Yeah, if a prot pally is running out of mana and it isn't H-VH they're retarded. The mana from spiritual attunement is minimal. With Divine Plea and Blessing of Sanc if they're attacking something and mitigating/avoiding damage, they're getting mana back. The solution is as always, to pull more mobs.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ...now people tell me that I can just buy poisons without doing the quest. :x

Echo on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I'll preface this by saying I don't know a whole lot about the paladin class while tanking...

I've been in many a dungeon now, healing with my discipline priest. I've healed tons of paladins. In the last few days I have had 2 pallys tell me they don't want me to shield them because they "need to take damage to get mana". Fine whatever, I don't PW:S them. Which is difficult because it's kind of disciplines "thing".. and it's fighting against months of muscle memory to keep that shield up. That and I can't do anything about Divine Aegis, which the most recent pally bitched about, and I told him to go spit.

What I'm not understanding is, why have all the other paladins not asked me to do that? I ran a chain of 8 heroics one night with a pally and he was a non-stop chain pulling beast of a pally, and he never asked me not to shield him. So what am I missing here? Do they just suck, or have I been fucking over every paladin I group with, but they're all too nice to say something about it.

Yeah, if a prot pally is running out of mana and it isn't H-VH they're retarded. The mana from spiritual attunement is minimal. With Divine Plea and Blessing of Sanc if they're attacking something and mitigating/avoiding damage, they're getting mana back. The solution is as always, to pull more mobs.

Wouldn't you get mana back anyone even through the shield? I thought that was part of fixing rage + shields.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Wouldn't you get mana back anyone even through the shield? I thought that was part of fixing rage + shields.
    I have no idea. I haven't been prot on my pally since BC. I know damage done to shields gives rage, but whether Effective Healing done by shields counts towards spiritual attunement I dunno. But the SA mana is miniscule compared to DP and BoSanc.

edit: So I hear

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SA is only on actual healing done (that is, when you regain health from a heal), but given that he should be using blessing of sanctuary and divine plea anyway he shouldn't notice much of a mana loss.

Nobody on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, over 15 seconds, Divine Plea should give about 1400 mana. BoSanc mana depends on how many mobs you're fighting, as well as your blocking and avoidance values. And in those 15 seconds of being shielded, my PW:S absorbs up to 6.6k damage, which, if it were damage healed up, would give up to 660 mana or so, which is smaller than Divine Plea's contribution, but still over 10% of a tankadin's total mana pool.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    "wtf u rolled need, wut a fagot"

I was on my mage, the item in question was the epic wand from Anub'arak.

Soundwave on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I also go back and kill devilsaurs and that elite undead guy in Raven Hill cemetery. I hold grudges.

Stitches, there was a couple times I was leveling up my priest where I would be running back to Raven Hill for the 7th time from Darkshire for a quest and lo and behold, I would run straight into this guy and get murdured in cold blood. Now, whenever I'm in Duskwood, I'll stop by and see if this guy is on his way. If I run into him, I proceed to beat him to death with my fists.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Does anyone know how long RAF accounts keep thier conenction? Like, if I leveled with someone RAFed to me and never used the free levels, would they still be there?

Kai_San on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The RAF lasts for 3 months, give or take a few days. (one time a friend and I used the service, we ended up being able to summon each other for almost an extra day.)

Once the connection breaks, any free level grants not used are lost. All of the RAF bonuses naturally disappear at the same time.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just took my now-21 Paladin through Deadmines as a tank.

Oh my god I am awful at this.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    God, weapon skill.

Decided to try enhancement just to put that crapton of gear I have banked to use.

1/400 Axes, 1/400 Unarmed.

I'm AFKing with healing stream totem up, wailing at some mob in Dragonblight.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    God, weapon skill.

Decided to try enhancement just to put that crapton of gear I have banked to use.

Pull an earth elemental to the graveyard in Wintergrasp, it'll be good for the first 300 points or so until you're hitting enough to actually kill the mob.

815165 on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    God, weapon skill.

The trees who walk around in Crystalsong will heal themselves occasionally.

Seg on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wow, Armory has a lot of detail now, kinda embarrassing that people can look up how many times you've drowned

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    korodullin wrote: »

Really? I think at that level Paladins basically couldn't do wrong.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Wow, Armory has a lot of detail now, kinda embarrassing that people can look up how many times you've drowned

Someone in my room mate's guild will determine whether they'll vote for someone applying to the guild based on their number of deaths by falling.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    QuantumQuarkQuantumQuark Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    God, weapon skill.

Pull an earth elemental to the graveyard in Wintergrasp, it'll be good for the first 300 points or so until you're hitting enough to actually kill the mob.

I go to Violet Hold to train my skill. Just beat up the waves of spawning mobs before you start the event.

QuantumQuark on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Seg wrote: »
    God, weapon skill.

The trees who walk around in Crystalsong will heal themselves occasionally.

When leveling weapon skill, I usually start right under dalaran hitting the druids that heal themselves. Once I can kill them (somewhere in the 300s), I move inside to Violet hold and wail on the waves of mobs coming in, and once I get to like 360-380 anymore I just queue for a random dungeon.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh, great. The dude you kill for the horde rogue poison quest is bugged and doesn't drop his head.

If it makes you feel better, the Alliance Rogue quest for the thistle tea recipe out in Westfall is broken too. If I'm not mistaken, that was also the old Alliance poison quest.
    Jasconius wrote: »
    korodullin wrote: »

Really? I think at that level Paladins basically couldn't do wrong.
    Well my problem was mostly targeting. I am very very bad at targeting properly in a jumbled melee (I tend to play healers or ranged DPS, and I haven't played a tank in any capacity in any MMO since 2005). It's a lot better now that I've gotten a better nameplate mod.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    End wrote: »
    Yeah, I did some experimenting, and I couldn't figure out a way to start getting threat without casting on the target. Obviously the hidden addon channel bit works, but let's not go back to those days.

Not needed. There's an addon channel for the party, raid and guild in the API.

And it's hidden.

Are you trying to say something new? Because you didn't.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    re: weapon skill

Over new years I got my warrior to maxed weapon skill in all weapons except ranged and unarmed. I used that ship near hrothgar's landing (the one with the deepcallers), and used weapons from vendors in org or TB (you know, the really really cheap ones). The deepcallers respawn fast (once you kill the second one of a triad, all of them respawn), and they don't aggro until you hit them.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I did some experimenting, and I couldn't figure out a way to start getting threat without casting on the target. Obviously the hidden addon channel bit works, but let's not go back to those days.

Not needed. There's an addon channel for the party, raid and guild in the API.

And it's hidden.

Are you trying to say something new? Because you didn't.

Because when you say "hidden addon channel" you imply a throwback to ye olden days of ct_ra and its channel sharing vis a vis the modern oh fuck it where's my infraction button

Echo on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, I finished the remaining vanilla dungeons I had left on my Prot Pally... then I decided to move on to TBC. While I'd done them during TBC, most were before 3.0 hit and thus I don't have achievement credit for them.

While I was at it, I decided to go ahead and do them on Heroic... I thought it might be a little more intense than it was, but I did Ramparts, Blood Furnace and Shattered Halls with virtually no problem whatsoever.

The biggest issue was actually getting *into* the instances, since I'm pretty sure the instance server has a bias towards providing Wrath dungeon spots. It was pretty tough to get into Ramparts and Shattered Halls.

So, I paused there but I'll head into the rest over the next couple days I'm sure.

Dranyth on
This discussion has been closed.