As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Taikodom] - Freespace the MMO ! Also Free!

1235»

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    In terms of speed, Explorers are the fastest.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    In terms of speed, Explorers are the fastest.

Hotshots are faster, i played both classes. Hotshots have a unique afterburner ability and leveling up their piloting skill also increases their speed.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Totally not the point of this thread, but because of this I've reinstalled Freelancer to play the single player campaign again. :D

It's like a favorite movie that I watch again and again over the years, I have to play it every so often.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'd installed Freelancer the other day, which is what made me go looking for a MMO along it's lines. =D

Well, I'm finally in. My character is Elika Akebono, Merchant extraordinaire. I went out to Uranus to search for fellow Arcadians and was met with walls of Portuguese text. Oh well.

I'm sure we'll meet up eventually - I'll add all the names I have to my contact list.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It appears you cannot add names to your contact list unless they're online at the same time. Augh.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It appears you cannot add names to your contact list unless they're online at the same time. Augh.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to MMO games... When you add a player why is it so hard for the client to just add them when the server is all, Yo, this player exists but isn't online.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just fooled around a little more - there's not really a 'market', per se.

If you want, you can farm asteroids for a while and find the best buy price for what you've found - but there's no real ' buy low, sell high ' opportunities just yet. Most of the Buy/Sell requests are for the stations and they've got fixed pricing.

But with all that said, I'm having quite a good time. Controls took a little getting used to but now I know how to do the cut-engines-swing-180 jig there's not an asteroid or gate alike that can avoid my gaze.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    switching to windowed mode fixed things, it's playable now and I'm actually liking it. I hope to get together with you guys when you are on... but you can't add people to your flist who are offline.

Bendery It like Beckham/ Bendery

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    but you can't add people to your flist who are offline.
    That right there is driving me insane. I hope they fix\change it.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    whats your name so i can add you while you are online unlucky?

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Unlucky One

I won't be online tonight sorry, I've got to head off now however I'll post here whenever I go online and whenever I go offline just to add folks. (Promise not to make it excessive, it'll just be an edit when I go offline.)

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This game runs very clunky, despite having a good connection and a 100+fps.

It just chugs and feels jerky.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Heading online to try to make my fortune e.t.c

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

This is the only thing keeping me from devoting a lot more time right now...playing Freelancer just feels right, and this is...meh.

Still, it has promise.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    citizen059 wrote: »

This is the only thing keeping me from devoting a lot more time right now...playing Freelancer just feels right, and this is...meh.

Still, it has promise.

I doubt i'm going to get into it.

The whole game suffers from jerkiness. Flight and combat are damn near miserable.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Offline again.

I have to say - targeting, at least in a Freighter, is fucking ridiculous. I get the whole 'the guns are on the bottom of your ship' thing but there's times I'm locking onto something and I can't get a hit on it until the bow of my ship is giving it a bear hug.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Every time I try this game it just makes me want Jumpgate: Evolution a little more.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Every time I try this game it just makes me want Jumpgate: Evolution a little more.

Me too. That or Black Prophecy, whichever is better.

It's still nice to have something to play to bide the time though.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    is there any way to make this game not choppy? Its not graphics or lag, according to the ingame monitors i have a good connection with a low ping, and a high fps. I want to play this game, but i can't even dog fight because it feels like i'm playing it in half second bursts.

god i sound like a broken record.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    is there any way to make this game not choppy? Its not graphics or lag, according to the ingame monitors i have a good connection with a low ping, and a high fps. I want to play this game, but i can't even dog fight because it feels like i'm playing it in half second bursts.

god i sound like a broken record.

It's not choppy in the least for me...i have a feeling it's your system somewhere.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Putting the game in windowed mode helped me with the choppiness, dunno if that'll work for you.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Putting the game in windowed mode helped me with the choppiness, dunno if that'll work for you.

Ah i played in windowed mode from the start.

Elimination on
  • Options
    Darkchampion3dDarkchampion3d Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    citizen059 wrote: »

Still, it has promise.

I doubt i'm going to get into it.

The whole game suffers from jerkiness. Flight and combat are damn near miserable.

Yeah I kinda gave up after a couple days of trying to play around in Ceres. My trying to dodge was largely irrelevant not to mention I usually couldn't shoot anyone (they weren't actually under my reticle). General clunkiness and slugishness isn't really acceptable from a space sim of any variety.

Darkchampion3d on
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok, this game has completely lost my interest. I'll keep it installed for if it gets better, but overall - eh. Onto another MMO it is. :P

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Unlucky wrote: »
    Ok, this game has completely lost my interest. I'll keep it installed for if it gets better, but overall - eh. Onto another MMO it is. :P

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I've pretty much forgotten it.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    cybersleuth58cybersleuth58 Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    LandoBee wrote: »
    Thanks to the space-sim thread, I've come here :)
    Downloaded the game, looks awesome in its promise, but can't play it...
    Everytime I start the game ... the screen flickers the whole time. I think it has something to do with Windows 7, but tried every setting in compatibility mode with admin run on and off. I have the latest drivers for my radeon 4800 installed, so I don't think that's it.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to solve this? I really want to try this game out :(
    QUOTE]

I have exactly the same problem! I downloaded it; it took forever to update, too. But when it was all done I was so frustrated to discover the screen problem. It flickered the entire time. I thought it was Windows 7, too, since I was playing it on a brand new laptop. So I tried it out on a second PC. This one is running Vista. That one didn't fare any better. Like some others I tried adjusting all the settings to no avail. :winky:

PLEASE if anyone has overcome the screen flickering, would you explain how you managed to do it? For now I am playing Vendetta Online. Thank you! :winky:

cybersleuth58 on
  • Options
    voXovoXo Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    is anyone still playing this game? i downloaded it and all works just fine but im in server from brasil o_O is there an eu server or us?

voXo on