Shitting all over Fall of Reach.

I fucking cried.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    pardzh wrote: »
    Sprinting?

That doesn't seem to fit with my grasp of Halo, but who knows. I'm a noob, anyway.

As equipment.

The custom powerup does this in Halo 3 by default (150% walking speed)

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    LeoniusLeonius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Halo reach seems to be on track to fulfill many of the things I've asked for since Halo 2. I hope the grunts still bust out some english from time to time - grunt wisecracks have always been a favorite part of the series for me.

Needler rifle better still cause explosions with enough needles lodged in someone. The new single shot gun better behave like the halo 1 pistol, only with a more appropriate skin.

Overall I am looking forwards to the return of our elite overlords.

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

I fucking cried.

T4CT on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Amen, i'm sure the game will be great, but.. but...

I loved the Reach book. :cry:

Verr on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just hope when they started messing around with assassinations, they fixed it so when the game settings have players set to invincible, they're fucking invincible.

xzzy on
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jorge is 40, and Kat is only 25. Spartan II and III mix confirmed.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had already long accepted the fact that Bungie would have nothing to do with the books when Halo 2 came out

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    God damn, it all sounds awesome

we should play Halo more :(

YardGnome on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Jorge is 40, and Kat is only 25. Spartan II and III mix confirmed.

Add to that by saying they've got Alpha and Beta company represented here. Carter, Emile, and Jun look to be Alpha Company survivors. Wonder if that'll be explained in any real detail.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Emile? So he's a rat from the Pixar movie.

Emile.jpg

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had already long accepted the fact that Bungie would have nothing to do with the books when Halo 2 came out
    I can't say I mind. Nylund's books all had rather silly plot points that I don't mind getting ignored or avoided. I'd rather have great gameplay and a great story than getting backed into a corner by conforming to every awkward detail in the books. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the books overall, but some parts of them I really disliked.

Arteen on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

I fucking cried.

Is it not exciting to have an additional narrative of this momentous event in Halo lore to flesh out the fall of Reach, as opposed to a playable version of the part of the story you already know?

I admit to only having a passing understanding of what happened in the book, but does this damage the integrity of its story? Outside of the way that any prequel-after-the-trilogy does, at least.

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    T4CT wrote: »
    t4ct wants to drive

I fucking cried.

:D

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Angel

you are directly responsible for anything i do in the future and also the reason we can't have nice things

e: Also goddamnit why did the Flames game have to go into overtime and then shootout I was all set to play Halo but NOOOO had to watch the Hockey game. Fuck canadian will.

T4CT on
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I should uh... pre-order this soon I imagine, hmm? Sounds promising though, I'm excited. Glad to hear the Covenant are gonna be a more threatening force. Elites are the boss. And no English is pretty cool I think.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm indifferent on the language thing.

As long as it sounds good I don't care.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I fucking cried.

Is it not exciting to have an additional narrative of this momentous event in Halo lore to flesh out the fall of Reach, as opposed to a playable version of the part of the story you already know?

I admit to only having a passing understanding of what happened in the book, but does this damage the integrity of its story? Outside of the way that any prequel-after-the-trilogy does, at least.

Game Informer Scan Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4.

The very first sentence is being blown out of context. Read it and tell me that they're shitting all over the book.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Pretty sure that scans are not kosher, dude.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I fucking cried.

FoR will be contradicted in a thousand ways. It's fine. I'm sure Nylud thought he was real important at the time.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In the spirit of Reach-ness we should play this game tonight with mans.

T4CT on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I'm indifferent on the language thing.

As long as it sounds good I don't care.

All I care about is whether elites say wort wort wort again, and this news makes it seem promising.

Also, how do they do this arm thing on the elite?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96kQZHkcTn8

I never heard about that glitch, but it looks hilarious.

xzzy on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey. Kat is as tall as the tallest woman in India. Wonder if that's actually going to be reflected in game. After all artists aren't architects. Still those look pretty accurate figures compared to stuff like Chris Redfield being like 200 pounds and six foot in the latest RE.

(man I love petty trivia like this stuff, god knows why)

New marines look pretty cool. Seems like they're very much going for darker and edgier, which should be interesting. Gonna miss "legs don't fail me now" etc from the grunts.

Leitner on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    (man I love petty trivia like this stuff, god knows why)

It's because you're also freakishly tall.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    they definitely seem to be heading towards a more 'next gen' feel with the darker tones, atleast from those screens. i do hope not all the color is lost, as the art style of the covenant has always been my favorite.
    here's hoping we get another mission running through one of the spirits, like in halo uno, all decked out in neon purples

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am sad to say that I thought Wort Wort Wort was something Fyre made up.

I shall head downtown and turn in my penis, now.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That's what you get when [strike]you let your heart win[/strike] you don't play Halo 1.

Do I have to do a Let's Play so you get up to speed?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Potentially.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    'kay.

Now to decide if I want to do it with Halo Xbox or Halo PC.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Then you need to do ones for Halo 2, ODST (which would cut into the LP of 2), Halo 3, and Wars.

And then, you could add on some of those crappy Youtube reviews of Legends episodes. It'd be just you staring at the camera saying, "This sucks because I have opinions!"

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Then you need to do ones for Halo 2, ODST (which would cut into the LP of 2), Halo 3, and Wars.

And then, you could add on some of those crappy Youtube reviews of Legends episodes. It'd be just you staring at the camera saying, "This sucks because I have opinions!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What does a penis have to do with Halo knowledge?

I remember reading some mad shit from a previe about a 'darker' Halo for ODST. Then Chips Dubbo was in the flashbacks.

Chips Dubbo breakin' war tension erryday.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I remember reading some mad shit from a previe about a 'darker' Halo for ODST. Then Chips Dubbo was in the flashbacks.

Huh? You pretty much called me a lesser being for not remembering the Forward unto Dawn yesterday.

Obviously, lesser beings don't have penises, so it makes sense.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't understand why they changed the look of the AR for Reach, it looks like a prototype of the Halo 1 AR. How long was it between the fall of Reach and the Pillar of Autumn arriving at Alpha Halo?

LookFreeGrenade on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kor wrote: »

Huh? You pretty much called me a lesser being for not remembering the Forward unto Dawn yesterday.

Obviously, lesser beings don't have penises, so it makes sense.

I called america retarded for using ft.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't understand why they changed the look of the AR for Reach, it looks like a prototype of the Halo 1 AR. How long was it between the fall of Reach and the Pillar of Autumn arriving at Alpha Halo?

Reach was first attacked on August 30th. Pillar of Autmn arrived at 04 on Sept. 19th. Reach was considered lost on Sept 23rd ( PoA was destroyed a day earlier).

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

They left literally right after the battle was being lost. From above Reach.

Leitner on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Just another MA5 variant, I assumed. They've got quite a few.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Leitner wrote: »

They left literally right after the battle was being lost. From above Reach.

Battle wasn't lost in an afternoon.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ah okay, it's just that Halo 2 it's like 4 MONTHS LATER, ON DELTA HALO when they slipspace jump and I'm all what

LookFreeGrenade on
This discussion has been closed.