As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia presents: RADlands] The Enema of Amigara Fault

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    hahahahaha fuck

sucks to be you dude

:P

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    [Spots]
    "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKITTY FUCK"

"Let's just like, find WHATEVER, and get the hell outta here"

Sydney was really looking forward to some lay's chips.

"GOD."

NeoToma on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKju-x8nnM

[Wolf][Base]

Wolf's ears perk up, listening to Dusty get the Mothertrucker Beta into gear. He pokes about in Dubh's machine shop searching for a suitably sized hefty item, thinking twice about setting off on an expedition without the proper accoutrements. Looking through a drawer, he picks up a big red crescent wrench and feels its weight in his hand. He hefts it as he looks about. An eyebrow perks and the wrench falls with a clang to the floor as Wolf picks up a four foot plumbing pipe and takes a practice swing with it. As his gaze falls on the wall behind him he cocks a head and drops the length of pipe to pick up a greasy circular saw. He feigns combative use with it before shaking his head and taking one last look — and there it is.
    Wolf stares at it as he approaches, his jaw falling open just enough to be noticeable. He reaches up into the rafters with both hands and pulls down a helicopter blade, serene in its placid violence.

OOO RAD spent!

if the TN is more ridic than I think it would be (dusty is dusty so his workspace can't be that far off, and we already have one robit with helicopter wings), i'm willin' to spend 4.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh HEELLLLLLL naw!

[The Cliffs of Insanity] [Jack Helical] Phys 3 [] Soc 2 [] Ment 3 []
    ||--[/color

[Natural Weapon] [W+1][+2][B:6,6]
    [Speed][2]

Jack enters the cavern with RB on the back of the worm. The robots are nowhere to be seen. What is rather unsettling is the giant hole in the ground. There's torn dirt, and the hole is gigantic and messy. Much unlike the holes the worms make.

Something big and clumsy made this hole. And RB's been with me the whole time...

Jack guessed from RB's warbling that the robots would be in here, but alas.

After a second, Jack makes up his mind

He pats RB on the shoulder and nods comradely. Have to help the robots. Especially his fellow skitterer. Jack stays with RB.

At least the kid and the pirate probably aren't going to get into trouble

Raneados on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Raneados on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, i'm pretty confused as to which group the cap'n is with.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    knew R.B. could count on Jack

ain't no giant bird gonna take our robits

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010

it's never been stated

so pick one?

Raneados on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Raneados wrote: »

it's never been stated

so pick one?

He got swept up by a group of people/worms, however i'm not sure if it was R.B (& co?), Crabby/Sticks or Jack/Jimothy.

Looking back, i can't seem to refind the post. Curse being asleep for the majority of the action that takes place.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    here you go
    DE?AD wrote: »
    [Cliffs]COLOR="Lime"]3[/COLOR
    As Sticks and CRABBY head further into the darkness, they are suddenly stopped by a deep quaking. The tunnel rumbles and shakes around them, the gooey seal cracking slightly, soft soil raining down onto the two robots.

The main cavern is alive with activity, as the numerous giant worms there try to escape into any exit available. R.B. urges his new mount onwards, but it abruptly turns and darts the opposite direction, diving into the one of the many tunnels and charging away from the source of the rumble as quickly as its no legs can carry it, plowing directly into Jack, catching the poor mutant in its wake. Jimmy is only slightly luckier - at the sound of the rumble, Jimmy's smaller wormy friend grabs the boy up in its mouth and follows along behind R.B.'s new ride. Moving in unison, the two worms bank sharply and dive down into the earth, over-wide mouths moving with ludicrous speed to gnaw away the soil.

They collide with The Captain as they breach the lower tunnel, sweeping up the robuccaneer.

it isn't specified and is most likely entirely up to you duder

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    so I dunno how much I have to pay for a DLC to be "purchased" but if I donated more than intended give Lockout the DLC too

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    There's always something, At least I got a scope now. Also.... What's with this Dlc thing?

[Block]

T.H.M. creeps away a good distance so nobody will hear his shot and takes the sons of bitches out from a distance. He loads a rad bullet into the chamber.

Dux on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    so I dunno how much I have to pay for a DLC to be "purchased" but if I donated more than intended give Lockout the DLC too

aw dang, thanks scarlet :D

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Where'd you go, Vis?

Had to jump off, and get in my bed.

It was fun though!

Next time we're gonna do depression time we should just do that instead.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    [Deluge]
    Phys 1[] Soc 3[] Ment 4(Telekineticx2)[] RAD color=lime][/color

"Culling, oh Uriel, you are something."

He looks around at the apartment and grins as the droplets stream down his brown face. "Jackpot." He's already soaked through so he doesn't bother with the wetness of the apartment. With a finger he points at all the electric appliances one by one. At the plasma television, he crooks the finger sharply and the TV rips from the wall, flying behind him and floating in a bubble of psychic air he created to carry the electronics. He does the same to the kitchen appliances and any other small electronic devices around. They all float obediently about four feet behind his head.

"I wish I weren't the only one getting the irony here." He says, looking around the expensive apartment for something else to steal. Because he's black.

He then walks into the bedroom and does the same thing. After he does this he hefts all the electronics he has to see how much weight he has so far.

While going through the apartment he keeps an eye open for a weapon of some sort. These rich types like their antique katanas and guns to protect their shit.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So when is it Midnight and everyone gains their three to five RAD?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I thought we already did?

Shabooty on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rane there's a new speed ad coming down the pipes that is p rad

also speed was modified: since you don't actually get to act first in combat, it only increases your speed, but it is now only worth 1 ad point

so people with speed have an extra point to throw around (or save for the new speed ad)

Squall on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    [Mayfield]

Dan grabs the bottle and the cigars.

Fuck yeah. Finally.

He suddenly realizes how disgusting it is that he's been chewing the same old cigar for weeks and tosses the thing away, spitting the bad taste out. He takes a swig from the bottle and it burns down his throat oh so nicely. He takes note if there are any back doors or anything before heading back outside. He holds the cigars and whiskey up in the air and grunts to his companions. He places the items in his lap and then Throws his hands up in the air, totally indicating to everyone that they should p-a-a-rty! He figures they all could use a drink after what just happened, except for Chuck of course. Dan smirked as he thought of Henry's face if he saw Dan offering the kid booze.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So the cafe is intact, think there's any useful supplies in there?

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It'd be nice if we could find a hospital...

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    if only there were someone back at camp that could communicate with the mayfield group and tell hem to look for medical supplies

someone small and fish-like

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You know I realized that Dusty and co. probably think I died in the explosion.

I could probably communicate with them via telepathy, but this way is better.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    [Mayfield] - Phys 2 [] Soc 4 [] Ment 2 color=red]-[/color [/color

I follow Jayce back out into the courtyard, seems whoever looted the bookstore did us a favor. We won't have to cart any books back to the lobby because, hey, they're likely already there.

Let's see, there was also a bunch of memory sticks and such right? Those were probably looted from the building we just came out of. I wonder if he would've looted the third floor as well? Given just how crazy our mystery looter was about getting information (emptying a whole bookstore, really?) it seems quite likely.

I opt to stay outside the stationary shop while Jayce explores it, when Dan comes from his building bearing alcohol and a cheery disposition I smile and wave, stepping over to view his bounty.

"Nice work! I wonder how those missed getting looted?"

[Henry->Cecil: You done fighting yet? The issue down here cleared up, and I got the id of the dude who was doing it. Also, we're starting to find some stuff so if there's any specific requests from you folks, let me know.]

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    [Mayfield]Phys 2 COLOR="Red"]=[/COLOR Soc 2 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR Ment 4 COLOR="Red"][/COLOR ||[/B][/COLOR

"Well, this is a bust. Let's go to the sandwich place, Chuck. Maybe we'll having better luck there." Chet sighs as he leaves the Chinese place. "All that work for nothing. But at least we found you, eh Chuck?"

Chuck goes into the sandwich shop, but not before using his pack to wave at Henry.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    NeoToma wrote: »
    [Spots]
    "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKITTY FUCK"

"Let's just like, find WHATEVER, and get the hell outta here"

Sydney was really looking forward to some lay's chips.

"GOD."

color=lime]OOOOOO--[/color
    "Hey, take it easy, man. I'm sure there's some more here somewhere, let's just take another look."

Horribly misappropriating 2 RAD to make some Lay's potato chips.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh god my mom's learned how to make this steak sauce that's got green onion and fresh cloves of garlic and it is so fucking good

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    [Mayfield] - Phys 3 [] Soc 2 [] Ment 3 color=red][/color |[/color

"You mean I found you silly!" Chuck follows Chet, while bouncing his soccer ball on his knees

"Hopefully they have peanut butter and jelly with the crusts cut off!" at the thought of his favorite lunchtime snack the tiny freaker rushes ahead and bursts into the store, mouth agape

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    on the main RADlands page you can find the thread OP we've been using at the bottom

whoever makes the next one can just copy/paste from there

so we don't lose the OP because the thread was locked before someone could copy it anymore

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thank you for doing that god it took so long to type up this last one

Squall on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    no problem

I should thought of it sooner, losing OPs has sort of annoyed me for a while

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    aw fuck

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sorry!

Squall on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wasn't going to blame you, my fellow! I have the feeling one of us was going to get grievously wounded anyway!

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am gonna start working towards RAD Specialization: Takin' it Easy. As a pacifist I am going to be making my enemies too chill to fight, instead of attacking them.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It'd be pretty hilarious if the people around the Bro never really realise he's a freaker.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    He certainly doesn't know himself.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So did we actually all get the midnight RAD yet?

And whoops, I just realized I have to get 200 lbs of electronics, not 300.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    We got it before this round of missions

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I never picked up any