KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Set 12 - Arachnomania
    Spider Elevator? WHAT SPIDER ELEVATOR??

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Geez, when I saw that first boss, I was all like "Huh, a relatively normal looking female in th... oh, never mind."

Looking forward to the next set, if your sig doesn't tempt me to buy Bayonetta in the mean time.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    To be fair,that wasn't her,she just summoned that...ogre...like...fat...thing.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    To be fair,that wasn't her,she just summoned that...ogre...like...fat...thing.

Ah, fair enough.

It was still a fat ogre, though.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What? You only lost two minions in the Spider Elevator? Maybe the PC version's a bit more forgiving because I must have lost 50 greens on that section. It was disturbingly easy for the Greens to get caught up on something and when the elevator catches up with them... well, the spiders are fine. Your minions on the other hand... D:

And yes, the spider mounts are great. I can't spot a spider in real life now without going, "Good spidey", in a minion style voice.

All in all, a good set. Looking forward to the next one.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    More Video watches for the Master!

So, are giant spiders like an LP staple now? Just seems like they've been in a lot of the games picked lately. Not complaining in this one, at least, since they're hard to make out against the background. And they're not attacking you.

Also, you glorious bastard, are the glasses on your avatar too? I didn't see them at first, but it certainly looks like it.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    More Video watches for the Master!

So, are giant spiders like an LP staple now? Just seems like they've been in a lot of the games picked lately. Not complaining in this one, at least, since they're hard to make out against the background. And they're not attacking you.

Also, you glorious bastard, are the glasses on your avatar too? I didn't see them at first, but it certainly looks like it.

Of course they are. They are just hard to see,maybe I need to make them more obvious.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Set 13 - Welcome to Fatty Camp
    Everything is fat.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The raging fires killing tons of your own minions in the Nordberg Commune? Yeah, I could see that one coming due to my own experience there.

Oh, and you're gonna regret naming this set 'Welcome to Fatty Camp'. You'll see why next set. :P

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm loving this LP, great stuff as usual Klyka. :D

One thing I noticed though... on your Youtube page, Set 12 is missing from the Overloard 2 playlist. I was able to get to it through this thread obviously, but those who go through Youtube might have trouble finding it.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I love how the greens just jump directly on things still even when they're mounted. I think half of the extra damage is from surprise and fear because there are now giant spiders on you.

Can't wait til next set. :winky:

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Set 14 - At the Fatty-cabana
    :whistle:Because I'M FAT, I'm FAT:whistle:

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Good to see you're getting your blues soon-ish. They're the last type, right? Also, good to see you have a new Mistress too. (A better one than the first, even.)

The fatty domination was hilarious. Just an army of elephants rushing dudes with swords and shields. And they were effective, too!

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I wasted no time in switching Kelda back to being my First Mistress, but then I've got a soft spot for redheads. It also helped that she was nice to us way back when the Overlord was just a little thug with a big stick and she was the only one - other than the minions - that clearly appreciated a spot of constructive malevolence.

And yeah, the minions did a sweet repair job on the tower. Definitely looks like the place that an evil Overlord would be proud to call home. Incidentally, you may have already done so in a previous set and I've just forgotten, but if you haven't, try wandering over to the minion dressed in the jester's outfit. He'll sing a little ditty about some of your nefarious deeds so far.

Into the heart of the Empire in the next set. I'll look forward to it.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It does seem kinda wrong to replace Kelda as First Mistress after how she'd been so nice to the Overlord as a kid and stuck by him yadda yadda... but damn that second chick is hot and besides, that's what evil is all about amirite?

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It does seem kinda wrong to replace Kelda as First Mistress after how she'd been so nice to the Overlord as a kid and stuck by him yadda yadda... but damn that second chick is hot and besides, that's what evil is all about amirite?

Perhaps. But then I think that Gnarl's got the right idea about Juno. If you're curious as to what that idea is, then you'll need to be sharp with the pause button at the end of the last video. Gnarl starts saying it just as Klyka goes into the Throne interface before ending the set. He doesn't finish the saying, but the subtitles are on screen for a second.

But that's just my personal preference. As I've said before, despite my preference for Kelda, Juno does have her good points.

And they're both very impressive. :mrgreen:

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    ogcam777ogcam777 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nothing like some good overlording to get you through the day. Looking forward to the next set!

ogcam777 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

YES.

THANK YOU!

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Not so much Spaceballs, more The Bridge on the River Kwai I believe.

Akilae on
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Akilae wrote: »
    Not so much Spaceballs, more The Bridge on the River Kwai I believe.

yep your right. Space Balls was just one long awesome parody on tons of other good movies, and as such took it from this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83bmsluWHZc

edit: found the theme on youtube.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Great set. When I saw the minions all decked out in Imperial Gear, I went, "What the hell?" And the explanation was wonderful. Hilarious that costumes worked out like that!

Also, *Low whistle* "Is tha-AHHHH! What the fuck!?" I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ah, more minion goodness. It's been too long.

Really enjoyed this one, mostly thanks to the disturbingly good aim those catapults had :lol:. And of course, the Colonel Bogey section is always good. That had in stitches when I first went through it. Well, up until the catapult fired on me because one of my minions wasn't properly attired. D:

Helpful hint, although I think you're past the worst of it; if you see giant frogs hopping out of sewer grates, you can send your minions to close the grates and stop them spawning.

Also, greens are good at taking out Gargantuans. Might want to remember that. :mrgreen:

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Set 16 - Let's get ready to rumble!
    The most ferocious beast known to man...THE UNICORN!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The Arena's nasty. There are no spawning points so if you run out of minions you're pretty much doomed. I died there once simply because I got to the all-out round and lost all my minions to a gargantuan. Didn't have any choice but to take on the gargantuan on my own. It didn't end well for me.

Speaking of which, you might want to try being a more hands off Overlord. Your minions are good at combat - well, except the blues. Let them do the brunt of the work. You keep going in yourself and then wondering why you're always low on health. If you really must go into the fray yourself then get some gold and forge up the Infernal armour and the Reaper axe - I think those are the names. The armour will make you more durable and the axe steals health and adds it to your own. You'll last a lot longer. The forge stone from the catapult fort hold the recipes - you know, the one you didn't let you minions get back to the tower. :mrgreen:

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Being hands off is kinda boring :(

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, with all that money, I don't see how you can turn down new armor!

Great set. The unicorns were certainly surprising, and I forgot the Empire got to the Yeti (At least the Empire got to the Elves, hence getting the Yeti) so that was a bit surprising as well.

Can't wait to see the next set now that you have all the Minions. Such a colorful army. :D

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Being hands off is kinda boring :(

To each their own. I loved siccing the minions on distant enemies and cackling as they kicked the snot out of them. I never even smashed open boxes myself. The only times I ever waded in and got my my own hands dirty was when going up against a phalanx that needed breaking apart. Otherwise I let minions do all the grunt work whilst I stood there looking cool. 8-)

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    valgomirvalgomir Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    long set is looooong...
    if i had played that part, i would not, under any circumstances, have had the idea to use the reds against the unicorns and big fellers. i mean, in the previous levels they were pretty much useless for combat, so...
    anyways, good to see you back :D

valgomir on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Set 17 - Time wasted in the Wasteland
    "Haaaax" indeed. Sadly I can't get rid of those numbers, but since I don't use them it's nothing to worry about anyway.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ewwwww. Blue slugs!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    valgomirvalgomir Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    the number-thing is... quite strange. is it a glitch that i smell? or maybe the game broke after it beheld the awesomeness of your newly equipped overlord :P

valgomir on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That is quite a bit of gold. But you don't actually have that much, I take it?

Also, why do we have to ally with the filthy elves? Maybe this leads to your third ladyfriend, though.... :P

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Set 18 - You broke my heart, baby!
    I hope that elf gets eaten by a Unicorn!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    LordGravewishLordGravewish Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Part 3 is set to private, other than that, awesome set.

EDIT: Fixed now

LordGravewish on
    Without me, it's just aweso.
    Xfire: lordgravewish
    Steam: LordGravewish
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I hope that elf gets eaten by a Unicorn!

No such luck. You'll run into him again.

Anyway, an amusing set, although I was annoyed at the distinct lack of respawning zombies in that massive ooze lake. I kept on encountering them there and it made for some hairy fights as I shuffled things around in the desperate attempt to avoid letting my minions stray into the ooze and start mutating.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Man, that Elf Woman is Ice cold. "Sure, kill the forest so you can kill the empire!" (I'm sure that's how it'll work out. :P )

It didn't feel like it before, but it really is getting close to end-game, isn't it?

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    For the future when you have low health don't you have a spell that Consumes a Minion for Health? Least i think you did :?:

Who-Psyd on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    For the future when you have low health don't you have a spell that Consumes a Minion for Health? Least i think you did :?:

Damn you are right.

They always look at me with those cute puppy eyes though,how can I eat them??

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Who-Psyd wrote: »

Damn you are right.

They always look at me with those cute puppy eyes though,how can I eat them??

Well, you are an evil Overlord and Gnarl did say that the minions were more than willing to die for you. If you're not prepared to sacrifice some of your minions to bolster your own survivability, then you may want to reconsider the whole Overlording gig and take up a new career.

Flower arranging or ballet come to mind. :P

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg