Options

Lead And Gold: You need some of this too

Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Games and Technology
gunslinger_small1-211x300.jpgdeputy_small-211x300.jpg
blaster_small2-211x300.jpgtraper_small-211x300.jpg

LEAD AND GOLD
We got us ourselves a live one right here, this be a third person class-based team shooter ya hear.

You got 4 classes with which to whip unholy amounts of ass, each with their own abilities.

Along with those abilities are these new fangled "Synergy" effects, they are bonuses you gain for being within close proximity of an ally, and their class determines the bonus. All classes also have the Regeneration Synergy Effect, which heals you slightly over time.

At the same time there is a small leveling mechanic, the more ass you kick the more levels you get, higher level = stronger synergy effect.

There is also an astounding lack of ammo, which is to say you have infinite ammo and only need to reload to continue firing.

Death is usually the end, sometimes if yur lucky you can take a shot and wait for an ally to revive you while you belly around shots from your six shooter.

Respawn is like this, so you have a team-spawn and there is a weird looking stick that when carried it allows teammates to spawn on your position, when dropped it will still do this until picked up again or an enemy touches it and sends it back to your spawn where it is pointless.

right_button_gunslinger.png: Uses a High-caliber Revolver that he reloads with his belt full of speedloaders, instead of reloading individual shots like all the other classes secondary pistols.
[Special Ability] Fanning:The ability to fire his revolver hells of fast, while costing him accuracy.
[Synergy Effect] Accuracy:Shoot Straighter

right_button_deputy.png: A man of justice and bowler hats, using his lever action carbine to mow bitches down.
[Special Ability] Tagging:This sumbitch can "Tag" an opponent, giving them a little Skull mark that shows up on all allies screens, through walls.
[Synergy Effect] Damage:Hit harder

right_button_blaster.png: This ton of gun is a Double-barrel shotgun toting mother fucker, god damn look out dude is tough to put down.
[Special Ability] Dynamite:Huck a small bundle of TnT that'll go off, has a long fuse.
[Synergy Effect] Defense:Feel No Pain

right_button_trapper.png: This little lady may not take the best punch, but she sure is hell can put you 6 under iffin' ya blink.
[Special Ability] Set Trap:Lay down a bear trap that'll clamp down on the next sucker to step over it, while they struggle to escape take your time in making their attempts futile.
[Synergy Effect] Criticals:Get Lucky & Save Bullets

Got us some Gamemodes here:

Shootout:Kill those Blue/Red Gang members before you get dead yourself, more dead the better.

Greed:Take the gold before they do, most gold wins.

Robbery:Transport a keg to the safe, blow the door off, take gold. Teams switch off being Robbers & Defenders, most gold in the end wins.

Powderkeg:Gangs are split into Attackers and Defenders, Attackers attempt to blow up their objectives, defenders don't want none. Most points wins.

Conquest:Capture areas in sequence, first gang to get them all wins.

Gold Fever:Team up with a friend to attempt to capture the most gold before being overwhelmed by the enemy. (2 Player Co-op versus Bots)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASDBA-7_Bd8&feature=related

The Trapper in Action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV4_QMV6DJ8

Just so you can see it run without all the hogwash they pile on trailers, I reckon this will do ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLso-mdwGQw

Join the steam group iffin' you lookin' for a fight The Lead, The Gold And The Dead. Iffin' you got any questions feel free to look me up on the Steam group or send me a PM.

5.10$ On Steam Right Now
Also being sold on the 360 but who cares

motherfuckingwar.png
Meta T. Dust on

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Looks great. :)

Is this PC only? I'd imagine this selling well on XBLA, but how can it compete with TF2 on PC?

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    360 and PC

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    this looks interesting, im not sure i wanna buy it yet.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll be grabbing this on 360 with some of the points I have lying around. Looks great.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Respawn is like this, so you have a team-spawn and there is a weird looking stick that when carried it allows teammates to spawn on your position, when dropped it will still do this until picked up again or an enemy touches it and sends it back to your spawn where it is pointless.

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This actually looks really cool. Any idea on the price?

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SirUltimos wrote: »

Yes I think we do

Since it's in the first post

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ah yeah I forgot to mention the 360 version, if anyone knows if there is a beta happening on the 360 you can play in, or just PM me when the game goes live and I'll start a gamertag list.

13.49$ on steam for pre-order and you get access to the beta that is running until release. 15$ after release which should be April 8th.

I think since its not really anything like TF2, it compares in that if you want to play something that is team based but isn't TF2 then this is a safe bet, also if you happen to dig the wild west its double tops.

It handles like more like Red Dead Revolver than any other team-based multiplayer only game because the gamemodes are not indicative of how it plays and if another person says lol its tf2 in the west I will start lynching people.

t Zilla It doesn't have to compete with TF2 because its not trying to, it is its own monster, although I would of paid a higher price for more content, if this goes over well I could see an overhaul in the works to add more gamemodes and classes and run this train fullspeed.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »

Yes I think we do

I completely missed the last two lines of the post. Thanks though.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »

Yes I think we do

I completely missed the last two lines of the post. Thanks though.

Fixed

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    In one hand is lead, and the other is gold. One proton apart on the table of elements!
    1840-hudson+hawk-1.jpg

I never saw the whole thing, just bits and pieces. But it was like a cartoon of itself. Like Jurassic Park 3. Especially near the end.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    this is coming to the ps3 too. hopefully it will have a decent amount of people playing because it looks like fun.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I am not actually sure of a psn release

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    well its coming to the ps3 too, so... there you go.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just got this and it's fun! Seems like a nice presentation for a small dev team.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I hope they significantly up the amount of maps and modes in which you can fight bots (up from the current 1)

.Tripwire. on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They just gotta put that coop on all the maps, at the moment looks like they just pulled together the practice mode for 2 players.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've been interested in this since I heard it was using Grin's old engine, as I'm one of the five people who was a fan of Grin. I'm not sure if I'll jump into it early as I'm not a huge multiplayer guy, but I'll probably pick this up down the road.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I can't actually play this multiplayer (crashes are forbidding it :( ) which is why I'm hoping for the bot additions.

.Tripwire. on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There is a pretty well known crash that occurs everytime you get an achievement, the 3 easiest to get achievements being; Kill a dude, Revive a teammate, Win a match.

If you happened to crash during these boot it up again and see how it goes.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2010
    Alternatively: don't shoot people, don't help teammates and lose all the time.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The crashes only occur upon receiving the achievement.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The crashes only occur upon receiving the achievement.

Don't do any of those and you'll never get em!

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What the fuck are you trying to say duck

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    He's saying if you don't get any of those achievements you'll be fine.

So just don't do anything helpful. Or play well at all, really.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The PC beta is fun when it works but its marred by constant crashing and lag issues. The game is really fun when it works though, even if a bit laggy.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    The PC beta is fun when it works but its marred by constant crashing and lag issues. The game is really fun when it works though, even if a bit laggy.

I'd like to see a little larger maps/teams. Unless there are larger, I only got to play a couple games, but 8v8 feels small to me.

Too much bc2.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I could go for larger maps but I don't think teams need to be much bigger, If I had to choose I would prefer not a ton of peeps over all the peeps ever.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    He's saying if you don't get any of those achievements you'll be fine.

So just don't do anything helpful. Or play well at all, really.

Yes, it was a joke. Sorry.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Get off the stage

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm really looking forward to multiplayer western stuff. Call of Juarez 2 had some promise, but it lacked servers and the balance was complete and utter shit.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i admit that the class system combined with differing weaponry intrigues me. i hope to play this game, when i do not know.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Actually the crash occurs every time it searches for a server, which apparently is not unique to me after looking through their forums!

.Tripwire. on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There are a few known reasons to crash, I am all over servers though so just hope it can all get resolved soon with the input from users.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    A lot of their comments (in the steam forums) seemed pretty invective. "This beta is buggy you will never succeed piece of shit I want money back nobody buy this!" What a bunch of punks in there. There also seem to be a lot of people who make and agree upon the merits of ridiculous suggestions.

I think I would hate being the member of the dev team required to go through all that feedback.

.Tripwire. on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They have their own forum that isn't full of backward retards doing that, I doubt they are even looking at the steam forum cause they did mention if you take the time to sign up on their forum they will listen, otherwise its all hogwash.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Picked it up on a whim, because what the heck, $13?

Didn't pay attention to the minimum requirements (my machine's slightly under it), though, and it runs like a slide-show that's being drug through a pond of frozen molasses unfortunately. And there's absolutely *nothing* in the Video menu for fiddling with the graphic options except for changing your resolution.

The game itself looks pretty good, though.

EDIT: Did some forum diving, apparently they know about it, and are working on a update to actually give you some graphics options.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone from the UK/Europe get this?

Is it popular? This looks interesting, and I'd be down for some Multiplayer goodness for 9 quid. But I don't want to buy it if I dont ever get to play decent games of it.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Welp, I just got gifted this on Steam. Thanks, Res! <3

Echo on