Options

Bad Company 2: Objective bravo is getting kicked!

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I enjoy throwing an anti-tank at their feet and blowing them up by shooting it

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That's right up there with using C4 to set traps for people following you.

Senshi on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    People who put PA in their clan tags, but aren't actually active with Penny Arcade, should be first-to-be-kicked. Heck, I think they should be kicked even if the server isn't full.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    People who put PA in their clan tags, but aren't actually active with Penny Arcade, should be first-to-be-kicked. Heck, I think they should be kicked even if the server isn't full.

BUT HOW WILL WE KNOW? We could kick our own and have their e-blood on our hands!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Klyka wrote: »

BUT HOW WILL WE KNOW? We could kick our own and have their e-blood on our hands!

All PA players are in the OP.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Senshi wrote: »
    Movitz wrote: »
    exis wrote: »
    If team scramble splits you and your buddies up, deal with it. You're stacking teams, and the scramble is there to un-stack them. Play on a non-team balance server if you don't like it.

I don't know how things work on TAD, but on the servers I play on team imbalance is more often than not caused by ragequit cascades than anyone actively team stacking. I really see no reason to split up squads of people that are making a distinct effort to play together if it can be avoided. Especially since they've put such a focus on squad play.

Well, we're not here to have fun in the company of our irl buddies are we? BC2 is serious business you know!

yeah man, stacked, unbalanced teams sure are fun for everyone.

No, which is why there is a need for an autobalance feature. However, I can see it being hard to implement as many players like to play in squads with friends.

Wait, didn't I just write pretty much exactly that before?
    Now it's your turn to get all snotty and say "Stop whining and having friends, this is srs bsnes"
    And then exis says that he agrees that it might be a problem to solve.
    And it's a full circle?

No, I reply with "protip: you're still stacking teams"

You being in a squad, locked or otherwise, should have no bearing on whether or not you get switched to the other team to maintain team balance. That would defeat the purpose of its existence and you may as well play with it off.

Now it's my turn to repeat myself: If you don't like the autobalance feature, play on a server with it off. Enjoy your 12-vs-20 games (but hey it's alright, at least you're in a squad with all three of your friends, right bro?)

Cue your nonsensical "hay at least i have friends" retort.

I'm just thinking that there must be some way to fix team stacking and still let people play in squads they like. Which was why I was wondering how this worked in the beta. This question was unfortunately completely ignored and I was instead asked to suck it up and deal with the fact that...well...what exactly. That I enjoy this game more when I'm not alone?

And you also started going all aggressive on a theoretical scenario which might not even happen. I have not idea on how an eventual autobalance fix would turn out.

I really just wanted to make sure you understood the possible repercussions of your suggestion

DICE being who they are, they'd probably implement something as flawed (note: not wrong, but hugely flawed) as your idea and then go on to pat themselves on the back. It'd be a fine idea if everyone was a fair player, but if they were, autobalancing wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

Also the Repair Tool is the best thing ever in so many ways

WHAT IDEA!? I didn't even propose an idea or give a suggestion on anything, I asked a question. Jesus man, the angry in this thread. I miss the PA L4D community.

Movitz on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am about to invade the PA Australian server with Das Ubermensch. Cower in fear.

EDIT: aaaaaaaand it is down. I'll invade some OTHER server then. Hmmmph.

Warcry on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    as long as there's infinite 40mm spamming from behind rocks/cover I'll be spamming CG back.

C'est la vie.

edit: why not simply instead of balancing by players, they balance by squads, and just randomly trade full squads between teams to balance it up?

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    exis wrote: »
    If team scramble splits you and your buddies up, deal with it. You're stacking teams, and the scramble is there to un-stack them. Play on a non-team balance server if you don't like it.

I don't know how things work on TAD, but on the servers I play on team imbalance is more often than not caused by ragequit cascades than anyone actively team stacking. I really see no reason to split up squads of people that are making a distinct effort to play together if it can be avoided. Especially since they've put such a focus on squad play.

Well, we're not here to have fun in the company of our irl buddies are we? BC2 is serious business you know!

yeah man, stacked, unbalanced teams sure are fun for everyone.

No, which is why there is a need for an autobalance feature. However, I can see it being hard to implement as many players like to play in squads with friends.

Wait, didn't I just write pretty much exactly that before?
    Now it's your turn to get all snotty and say "Stop whining and having friends, this is srs bsnes"
    And then exis says that he agrees that it might be a problem to solve.
    And it's a full circle?

No, I reply with "protip: you're still stacking teams"

You being in a squad, locked or otherwise, should have no bearing on whether or not you get switched to the other team to maintain team balance. That would defeat the purpose of its existence and you may as well play with it off.

Now it's my turn to repeat myself: If you don't like the autobalance feature, play on a server with it off. Enjoy your 12-vs-20 games (but hey it's alright, at least you're in a squad with all three of your friends, right bro?)

Cue your nonsensical "hay at least i have friends" retort.

I'm just thinking that there must be some way to fix team stacking and still let people play in squads they like. Which was why I was wondering how this worked in the beta. This question was unfortunately completely ignored and I was instead asked to suck it up and deal with the fact that...well...what exactly. That I enjoy this game more when I'm not alone?

And you also started going all aggressive on a theoretical scenario which might not even happen. I have not idea on how an eventual autobalance fix would turn out.

I really just wanted to make sure you understood the possible repercussions of your suggestion

DICE being who they are, they'd probably implement something as flawed (note: not wrong, but hugely flawed) as your idea and then go on to pat themselves on the back. It'd be a fine idea if everyone was a fair player, but if they were, autobalancing wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

Also the Repair Tool is the best thing ever in so many ways

WHAT IDEA!? I didn't even propose an idea or give a suggestion on anything, I asked a question. Jesus man, the angry in this thread. I miss the PA L4D community.

Autobalance and locked squads can still work. Just make the squads locable at 4 members only.

Problems would arise when you have 2 locked squads against 3 locked squads. Or any other number of uneven squads. Resulting in 4vs8 8vs12 and 12vs16. The locked squads can still be shuffled at the beginning of a new map (moving whole squads from one team to the other and visa versa).

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Not if they're new.

Zetx on
  • Options
    MafMaf Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just picked this up yesterday for the 360. There was a disappointing lack of people online last night (I normally wouldn't play in PUGs, but none of my friends were online at the time), so I didn't really get the full effect. I really like the recon class though.

My GT is Maf03. If anyone would like to do some Bad Companying at any point, add me!

Maf on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Zetx wrote: »

Not if they're new.

Or very old and they forget to ask about being put in the op.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Suddenlink HelpSuddenlink Help Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    cm83 wrote: »
    He's got a series of these on Youtube. He likes to act like a noob and then laugh when they come and rage in his comments section. Someone called it troll baiting or something.

Cool viral marketing, bro.

Just kidding.

Anyways, I'm gonna let you guys know now, if I'm ever in a game with any of you, no matter the platform, XBox, PC, Wii, DC, whatever, and I abruptly disconnect. Just chill. I didn't rage quit. It's my internet cutting out.

I have a crappy ISP. I used to have DSL, It was nice, did what I expected it to do, and only cut out maybe once every thirteen years.

I now have Suddenlink Cable internet.... It's fast.......... When it's up. Every day, as often as fifty times a day, the internet will cut out for as long as a minute at a time. I have tried everything I could think of, including rerouting all the cables so they are not touching any other cables, powering off the modem once a day for ten minutes, and talking to custom service.

There's nothing to be done about it. Well, besides switch back to DSL.... But yeah... No. I'm not doing that.

Hi - I am with Suddenlink. Sorry to hear you are having issues with your internet connection. If you would email me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com I would be happy to work with the team in your area and get your issue resolved. Thanks!

Suddenlink Help on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    what in the

M.D. on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    o_O

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ins0mniacins0mniac Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm hopping on the 360 if anyone wants to play.

Send a party invite to Merciless319

ins0mniac on
    X-Box Live Gamertag: Merciless319
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone really care? I know it sucks when you can't get into the Angry Dome, but it crashes so much that if you're on Vent you'll probably get a spot when it comes back up.

Plus you can be angry on the other servers.

edit: Also TKane you have successfully summoned, ISP!!! exp: 42.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Not if they're new.

Like me!

Oh and by the way Khavall is my in-game.

Khavall on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, level 30, I've been playing on TAD and posting but I guess I'm not in the OP?

Namtacs goooo

Anyways; red dot sights on bolt-actions are so fun. The M95 becomes an elephant gun, but the M95 is probably the best all-around for it. The Barrett just takes too long to cycle the bolt/reload, and is either way overkill or takes them to 1% health.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    strategerystrategery Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, level 30, I've been playing on TAD and posting but I guess I'm not in the OP?

Namtacs goooo

Anyways; red dot sights on bolt-actions are so fun. The M95 becomes an elephant gun, but the M95 is probably the best all-around for it. The Barrett just takes too long to cycle the bolt/reload, and is either way overkill or takes them to 1% health.

You do realize the M95 and the Barrett are one in the same right? lol.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Can my 360 LiVe handle be added to the OP : ToYbOx666
    thanks.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Namtacs goooo

holy shit, you're namtacs?

I'll remember this.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Throw my tag in the OP as well please on the 360..

GT= Ltfragg

Lt. Fragg on
  • Options
    AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    strategery wrote: »

Namtacs goooo

He probably got it confused with the Barrett M82A1, which has been the go-to .50 cal sniper rifle in games before now.

EDIT: Aaaaaand I forgot there's no M82 in the game, so I'm just going to shut up.

EDIT 2: Also, after complaining about pubbing recently, I pubbed last night onto a super duper awesome team. We played like the hand of God, swiping everything out of our way and arming MCOMs two-at-a-time every 2 or 3 minutes on the dot. It was freakish. And just about when I was feeling "I should quit, the other team is probably miserable by now" they got their shit together and dealt us some late-game defeats in some really competitive rounds. Overall, I was very happy.

AlejandroDaJ on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Not if they're new.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you, since I'm too busy wheezing out these last precious moments before the icy embrace of death claims me.

So yeah, please add me to the OP list. In-game name is...oh, crap, I forgot. I'm sure it's around here somewhere...

Lawndart on
  • Options
    IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not in the OP either.

Refridgeron

Isidore on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Isidore wrote: »
    I'm not in the OP either.

Refridgeron

me either
    PC
    C0mmunistCow or CommunistCow

I originally started playing on my roomate's account to see if I liked the game under "CommunistCow". I need to unregister that name so I don't have to have the 0 in the name of the account I own. Also this is why i've been bitching on vent about needing my m60/defib/whatever back. Its fucking hard to do anything without some of the later guns and gadgets.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Could I get added to the OP as well?

UnearthedYeti on 360.

Arrath on
  • Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just picked this up. Only had time to play for about an hour but it seems good enough. Big change of pace so I'm still getting used to the game (and getting owned in the process).

dasnoob on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    .... Except with Motion Mines, Recons can see exactly which way you're facing. Any Wookie worth his salt would come up behind you.

If five guys all have their backs facing the same way the wookie deserves his dog tags.

Echo on
  • Options
    grambogrambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Someone want to add me to the op? PC version, name: grambo. (note the period, someone stole my alias I guess).

Played on the Angry Dome for my first PA game server/vent experience last night, had a good time, there was actual teamwork, along with some whining about M60's and Carl Gustavs. I tried out the XM8 and MG36 for the first time, I actually did really well with the MG36, might start using it more often as I usually play medic. MG3 was actually useful for defensive medic as long as I was in close quarters.

grambo on
    grambo..png
  • Options
    deusxanimedeusxanime Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Might as well add me to OP too. I announced myself a couple threads ago, and posted a couple times since, but I guess I didn't specifically ask to be put in the OP. Just in case you start checking it before kicking. =P (of course I'm pretty horribad so I don't think you'll accuse me of CG or 40MM spamming too much)

RecliningBuddha on PC.

deusxanime on
    RecliningBuddha.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    man kicked from another server, it's not my fault in 3 games I was on top as a shotgun wookie

M.D. on
  • Options
    Nayl219Nayl219 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My gamertag, brautigan219, is listed under the ea pc list but I'm actually on the 360.

Awesome pubby moment last night. Defending on valparaiso. Teams mostly made of recons, go figure, so I say fuck it and go recon as well. Its a pubby group so I don't feel as bad about it.

I'm throwing motion mines and spotting like its my job....wait that is the recon job, anyway. Whole team is pretty disorganized the whole match until the last set of mcomms. That sloped bottleneck ends up being our last stand. We start to pull together when my team notices the motion mines I'm throwing actually help...crazy concept.

I stand in the back spotting and lobbing mines and like magic most of the team switches to assault and engy. The assaults all run past my position and bury me in ammo crates. The enemy team can't get anywhere because once I see them I plaster a motion mine across their position and my team eats them.

It felt fantastic to rally and win the match with barely killing any mans. I had about 5 kills and ended with around 3k points. Being a useful recon feels great if only because its so rare. I felt so appreciated what with the pile of ammo boxes next to me and my team responding to my motion mining like violent ocean waves obeying poseidons wrath. Ah fun times

Nayl219 on
    Gamertag: brautigan219
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think people know me by now on vent, but better be safe than sorry. I'm on PC, name is PunkBoy412. Had some wacky Engineer Tool/Defibrillator fun last night on the West Coast server.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just had a pretty epic Battlefield moment.

The map is Valpariso. I'm defending, on the second MCOM point, and things aren't looking good. I'm up in the lighthouse calling in mortar strike after mortar strike, spotting, and occasionally sniping for good measure. The enemy team knows this, and has been keeping no less than three sharp-shooters watching my windows at all times. Despite this, I've managed to rack up 2 dozen kills and almost twice as many assist in a short 5 minutes.

As time passes, individual recons have been making their way over to my position in an attempt to take me down. Each fails, miserably. One even starts sniping a few feet away from me, completely unaware of my presence and extreme proximity to him. I stabbed him in the head for good measure. Alas, all good things must end. In this case, my end came in the form of a rookie sniper who battled me up close for 2 minutes before finally blasting my head in with the final bullet from his 1911.

Shortly there after, the enemy blew the second MCOM station, and the boundaries moved back. The mission went on, but not before I nailed the lucky rookie in the head with my GOL Magnum while he was sniping out of the top-floor lighthouse window. One shot, one kill, 123 point marksmanship headshot bonus.

Fuck yeah. 8-)

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sometimes I clock a guy in the head at point blank range with the shottie

THEN he stabs me and i die :(

noobert on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That'll happen if he has lower ping than you.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've actually solved my bullet registration problem by playing the game windowed. I have no idea how or why that solves it, but whatever.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    strategery wrote: »

Namtacs goooo

He probably got it confused with the Barrett M82A1, which has been the go-to .50 cal sniper rifle in games before now.

EDIT: Aaaaaand I forgot there's no M82 in the game, so I'm just going to shut up.

Well, Barrett manufactures both the M95 and M82. The M95 is a bolt-action, bullpup config 50 cal. The M82 is a semi-auto, standard config 50 cal. I assume the M82 is usually the one found in games because the US military uses the M82 but not the M95 version. And, just like the Desert Eagle, because Hollywood loves it.

I'm guessing he wanted to say that he prefers the red-dot on the M24.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
This discussion has been closed.