Options

Large [chat]dron Collider

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    desc wrote: »
    I am not getting enough work done yet I am not keeping up with chat. It's a double failure.

Preach: your burger sucks.

Desc I'm going to rape you into respecting my opinion!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I intended my "belief" comment as just about deity/no deity. Not about the use of the word "belief" in any setting.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm gonna go get drunk.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sounds like he had a good long life, Dunadan.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey.

Why is it that whenever i get dumped. The lady just stops talking to me.

then resumes talking to me a few weeks later as if nothing happened other than we are definitely no longer a thing?

There is probably a book saying it's the easier way to let a guy down or some other bullshit, who knows.

Dman on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Feral wrote: »

There's only one thing I'd wish for anyway, so I'd just jump straight to that instead of fucking around with other wishes.

Just make sure the genie isn't hard of hearing.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Everyone knows that if you have one wish and get no rules surrounding it you wish for unlimited wishes.

"No wishing for more wishes" is an implied rule though. It's like "don't punch somebody in the face" is an implied rule for board games, Milton Bradley doesn't have to put "no face punching" in the rules for every themed version of Monopoly. It's just known.

What.

No.

It's not implied, it's like the first thing you test for when you get wishes.

You don't test out a new board game by punching other players in the face.

There's only one thing I'd wish for anyway, so I'd just jump straight to that instead of fucking around with other wishes.
    Yeah, you wish for omnipotence, then you can grant your own wishes.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    bama likes to smirk instead of answering, sometimes

breakfast on sunday

bama: i'd like a bagel with egg and cheese and bacon
    organichu: breakfast is my treat for letting me crash, get something fancier
    bama, while chewing: *smirk*
    organichu: o.o
    Wait, did this really happen? Because there are photos of me smirking or giving a look of disapproval where I don't remember the cause.

Maybe I have multiple personality disorder.

oh shit

did you have a goatee?
    oh my god! Maybe this is why I can't grow decent facial hair! Otherwise there would be no way to tell which me I was.

Of course, I don't have a goatee in any of those photos. So maybe the real me is an asshole.

definitely an asshole

Bama on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I intended my "belief" comment as just about deity/no deity. Not about the use of the word "belief" in any setting.

you were not Being careful enough with your word choice

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Ugh, errands.

Running errands on cold days is not as much fun, even though part of what I have to do is buy more yarn.

Get a bike.

Riding bikes is fun. Even on cold days.

I live in hill-town and have terrible knees from several hyperextensions. I'm happy to be able to get around without a cane some days, especially cold and wet ones like today.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Oh, okay.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited March 2010

Yeah hopefully he didn't just sit outside waiting for you to come back and you never did.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Everyone knows that if you have one wish and get no rules surrounding it you wish for unlimited wishes.

"No wishing for more wishes" is an implied rule though. It's like "don't punch somebody in the face" is an implied rule for board games, Milton Bradley doesn't have to put "no face punching" in the rules for every themed version of Monopoly. It's just known.

What.

No.

Yeah, if you wish for omnipotence, there's no need for more wishes.

Edit: Beat

Nocturne on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Riemann I don't understand why I am getting under your skin lately. I am not trying to do that. The first time it was because I said I was not swayed by Passerbye's arguments for her personal beliefs (or something similar), and I simply wasn't. The second time it was because I called you dense because I felt you weren't understanding what I thought was a concise argument. I speak plainly and most of the time I don't mean to inject any kind of special meaning to the words I use.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

What.

No.

Maybe you don't communist.

Actually for the excellent card game Lunch Money, I instituted a house rule where after playing the card "Pimp Slap", you have to reach across and give a tap on the cheek to the defender if the card connects.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Richy wrote: »

What.

No.

Then you really want to be careful the genie isn't hard of hearing.

Feral on

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm not really into this relativistic outlook on perspectives, views and opinions (whatever you might want to call them). Someone is wrong and I'm going to tell them about it.

On the Internet.

yeah i am with you on this sarks

i mean i really am into politeness and consideration

and sometimes it's either not the appropriate time or place to disagree

and sometimes it's not worth the effort

but we need as a society an acceptable way to disagree with people

sometimes people are wrong, and we shouldn't always pretend as though being wrong is just an okay thing to be.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Also, I just saw this on the wikipedia page about Go. This is so freaking clever.
    The board is not square; there is a 15:14 ratio in length to width, because with a perfectly square board, from the player's viewing angle the perspective creates a foreshortening of the board. The added length compensates for this
    what the fucking fuck?

I know. It's super keen.

A related interesting bit is that 3d renderers don't actually use proper geometry when transforming a point from a 3d space into 2d so it can be displayed on your 2d screen. If you use the mathematicially correct numbers for the perspective ratio it just looks "weird". Programmers of 3d engines just use a fudged number and there is no commonly accepted value here, everyone just tweaks it until things "look right".

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just wish for an infinite supply of lamps with wish-granting genies in them.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ugh, errands.

Running errands on cold days is not as much fun, even though part of what I have to do is buy more yarn.

Get a bike.

I think you and I are going to have a disagreement on this point.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

What.

No.

You're a god-damned wish-waster then, Feral. You could wish for EVERYONE to have a wish. SELFISH.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Richy wrote: »

What.

No.

Shit, I thought you had to wish to be a genie to do that.

I'm probably not cut out for this wishing crap.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Yeah hopefully he didn't just sit outside waiting for you to come back and you never did.

Oh man that episode.

I cry a little every damn time.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    gonna go eat chinese food with SIG and Mikeman

then bar trivia

maybe get some drink mixing in there somewhere.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Wait, Organichu, breakfast was your treat?

Oh well, I probably would have puked it up anyway.

yeah man you didn't hear me?

i saw you order just the juice and i told you not to worry about it, grab whatever

sorry your tummy was acting up tho :<

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

There are some atheists who will attempt to say for certain that no Gods exist whatsoever. I don't like those people. It's better to try and discount the existence of specific Gods but that isn't the core of atheism either. Atheism is just a lack of belief in a God or Gods. So I don't think your argument is accurate or necessarily challenging the right group here.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    You're a god-damned wish-waster then, Feral. You could wish for EVERYONE to have a wish. SELFISH.

my wish would be to take away Feral's wish

trust me this is better for everyone.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

then bar trivia

oh mikeman never went back to jersey? huh

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Popular media and myth has taught me you ask for nothing from a wish giver as what they are going to take is worth a lot more than you'll ever get.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Riemann I don't understand why I am getting under your skin lately. I am not trying to do that. The first time it was because I said I was not swayed by Passerbye's arguments for her personal beliefs (or something similar), and I simply wasn't. The second time it was because I called you dense because I felt you weren't understanding what I thought was a concise argument. I speak plainly and most of the time I don't mean to inject any kind of special meaning to the words I use.

Well, today we are all one happy chat again. I'll try not to bring up the past any more.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not really into this relativistic outlook on perspectives, views and opinions (whatever you might want to call them). Someone is wrong and I'm going to tell them about it.

On the Internet.

yeah i am with you on this sarks

i mean i really am into politeness and consideration

and sometimes it's either not the appropriate time or place to disagree

and sometimes it's not worth the effort

but we need as a society an acceptable way to disagree with people

sometimes people are wrong, and we shouldn't always pretend as though being wrong is just an okay thing to be.
    This is a lead-in to a discussion on proper attire, isn't it?

@Reimann: Are you talking about FOV, or something else?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ugh, errands.

Get a bike.

I think you and I are going to have a disagreement on this point.

Little known fact: Japan is actually a masochist. This is why Cesca wears corsets all the time, she's his dominatrix.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

then bar trivia

Mike is back up there?! Damn him!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Popular media and myth has taught me you ask for nothing from a wish giver as what they are going to take is worth a lot more than you'll ever get.

Also D&D.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Organichu, what happened with your job today.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Shit, I thought you had to wish to be a genie to do that.

I'm probably not cut out for this wishing crap.

Man, you wish to become a genie and it's all downhill from there: You're stuck in a lamp. Let's be honest, a lamp is the Section 8 housing of the Elemental world.

Then you're waiting for a customer for a century at a time.

Then you finally get to pop out and grant a wish and the guy's like, "You don't even sound like Robin Williams."

Forget it!

desc on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Counter-point:

aladdin-and-the-genie-the-magic-lamp.jpg

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Drez wrote: »

my wish would be to take away Feral's wish

trust me this is better for everyone.

:(

Feral on

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Also D&D.

Always a morality play, and honestly if I was a Q, aside from having the greatest orgy known to man, that's what I would do all the time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    bama yeah that conversation happened, during kakos insisting that i teach him to say "suck my dick" in hebrew

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.