As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Pox, anyone else sick?

2»

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I'm a little sniffly, I'm sure I caught it on the bus that was substituting for the train from Boston to Albany. Some woman was coughing pretty persistently for the entire ride.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    GoblinBardGoblinBard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My back is in pain and it hurts to breathe, but I think that's because I was on a cramped flight back from PAX and I had work yesterday and today. Otherwise I'm feeling alright.

GoblinBard on
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Gsauce@MIT wrote: »
    Heh, that was me. Oddly enough, I actually caught the pax pox for realsies... flu-like symptoms to boot.

Take care of yourselves, all!

You jinxed yourself!

Here's to hoping you feel better soon.

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was fine all weekend...except after I ate those toquitos from the 7-11. I am the king of bad ideas. I managed to make it through saturday though with only a couple of run to the bathroom moments.

Oldmangloom315 on
  • Options
    Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had a sore throat that started Sunday night, it's gone now but I still have some congestion and aches.

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I did a fantastic job of not getting sick at PAX. Vitamin C, 6 hours sleep each night, and lots
    of hand washing did the trick. However, I went back to work yesterday and promptly got
    food poisoning from some funky tuna at the local grocery store
    salad bar. NOT FUN.

Gundabad on
  • Options
    zaxytarazaxytara Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got the Pox alright. Seems to be nothing more than a bad cold at this point, but my arm/hand did go numb for about 10 minutes today. That was weird.

Still nothing compared to all of my friends who got the Swine Flu from Prime. Happy I was able to out-immune them on that one!

zaxytara on
  • Options
    ninja_bladeninja_blade Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    I was fine coming home yesterday but when I got up this morning I could hardly move. Been laying on the couch all day, hurts to move, and my stomach is a mess.

Anyone else come down with anything or am I the lone man sick after a jam packed weekend?

YES!!! the sam SH!#! happened to me!...... I'm still sick

ninja_blade on
    karate here. [taps his head] Karate here. [taps his heart] Karate never here. [points to his belt] Understand?
  • Options
    HicksHicks Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've picked up a slight head cold but nothing more.
    Mild congestion, slight headache.

Hicks on
  • Options
    romulusnrromulusnr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    pretty sure i got the norovirus, i have all the symptoms, still feel like s---t though slightly better than yesterday when i was a useless lump most of the day. constant shivers too despite no sign of fever. Made it to work today but feel meh.

Stayed up too late at PAX, didn't hand wash enough, didn't hydrate enough, walked outside at night in freezing temp with no jacket after the friday concert when the skywalk doors were locked. (THANK YOU COPLEY PLACE, NOT)

romulusnr on
  • Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was walking around barefoot (I was the witch, as many of you probs know by now), and I expected to get sick not only because of that but also because I took pictures with so many people, was so tired, had a rediculous lack of water and food all day, and I generally get sick a lot. I woke up and my body was sore from walking around all day and going up-down-up-down-up-down for posing every two minutes and a throat full of hurt because of screaming all day, but nothing from actual sickness. Immune System: 1, PAX Pox: 0!

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    1 week after first infection(s)...

Only showing minor cases of running nose...

Better go catch it, safe... for now.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    carstairscarstairs Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've got some sort of chest cold. The usual runny nose, tiredness, burning coughs, etc.

I doubt I have norovirus, as even though I had some awful abdominal pains, I've had gastroentiritis, and this pales in comparison to that.

carstairs on
  • Options
    badjujumanbadjujuman They call me Kotty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BAAAAHHHHH I'm dying here! I need to be more careful at the next PAX. PLASTIC BUBBLE FTW!

badjujuman on
    "You wanna go Matrix?" - Kris Straub
    "Yeah, I wanna go Matrix." - Scott Kurtz
    (Scott Kurtz panel - PAX East 2010)
  • Options
    AlthenaAlthena Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have a pretty nasty cold. Did everything I could to prevent it, c'est la vie.

Althena on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I got sick two days after. I doubt it is noro since when I had a similar virus a couple years back, I couldn't sip water without immediately vomiting it back up.
    However, it was still unpleasant.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    OrosoOroso Enforcer PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm not sure how, but after PAX and two 6+ hour flights I feel fine. This almost makes up for the feeling like I'm on the verge of death for three weeks after Prime.

Oroso on
  • Options
    MeraxesMeraxes Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Severe upper respiratory virus. I'm in the throws of "it hurts to breathe".

No vomiting and I have plenty of appetite though, so probably just a cold. They hit me a little hard in the chestal area usually. :(

Meraxes on
  • Options
    DaveRHDaveRH Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I got the PAX POX again (><). I don't understand it because when I'm at these things I wash my hands constantly.

However, fortunately my immune system is teh win because (Both from EAST and PRIME) the POX only lasted a few days.

DaveRH on
  • Options
    Andrew TatroAndrew Tatro Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What's the name of the virus that makes you go find your old NES games and play the crap out of them? Because I think I caught that.

Andrew Tatro on
  • Options
    MrT137MrT137 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I got a wicked cold, I'm sure running from the convention center back to the Westin at 2AM had something to do with it (Why did they have to close the mall down again??) I wish I'd seen the PA comic about the Iron Guard before Monday, because I shook a LOT of peoples hands while playing boardgames.

MrT137 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    What's the name of the virus that makes you go find your old NES games and play the crap out of them? Because I think I caught that.

I think you have Nintendo FEVER. Better call Dr. Mario

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MrT137 wrote: »
    I got a wicked cold, I'm sure running from the convention center back to the Westin at 2AM had something to do with it (Why did they have to close the mall down again??) I wish I'd seen the PA comic about the Iron Guard before Monday, because I shook a LOT of peoples hands while playing boardgames.

Being cold doesn't actually have anything to do with getting a cold y'know. :)

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    pobblebonkpobblebonk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Had a bit of a sore throat a couple of days after PAX, then had a full blown runny nose for 2 days. Would have been ok but I flew from the east coast of the US to the west coast of Australia in those 2 days. Sucked so bad.

pobblebonk on
  • Options
    Andrew TatroAndrew Tatro Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I think you have Nintendo FEVER. Better call Dr. Mario
    I've been specifically advised against that:
    z173565225.jpg

Andrew Tatro on
  • Options
    UGetBeatByGirls PMSUGetBeatByGirls PMS Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    Someone on the first page mentioned Norovirus, I had that about 2 weeks prior to PAX. Real life Boomer anyone?

I lost my voice the first night (tyvm to partying too hard), and it only got worse from there. When I got home though, and even now, it's been constant sneezing and coughing, with a really painful throat irritation. :(

UGetBeatByGirls PMS on
  • Options
    Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My fluid exuding ducts feel dry and uncomfortable today. I escaped PaxSars 09, so I guess I'm due to harbor some nerd contagion this time around.

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I am feeling so drained today. I fell asleep playing Dragon Age this afternoon.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haha, not only did I attend pax, but I also had a boatload of raw shellfish when I got into boston on Thursday Night. The only thing that can lay me low is my goddamn allergies, but it's not quite that time of year yet!

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • Options
    JonnyBrokenBonesJonnyBrokenBones Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gnrl Havoc wrote: »
    I had a slight head cold. Other than that, if I didn't feel well during PAX East it were due to; drinking too much the night before each day of PAX, smoking too many james Blunts (Drugs are bad ::wink wink::). and lack of sleep from being up until 4-5am playing Table Tennis (xbox 360), Fuzion Frenzy 2 (xbox 360) or Tecmo Bowl (nes).

Were you staying in the Midtown? If so, that explains the endless noise that I'd hear at all hours through the paper thin walls. That place can suck it.

JonnyBrokenBones on
  • Options
    JonnyBrokenBonesJonnyBrokenBones Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So almost a week out from PAX and I still haven't recovered from whatever hit me on Saturday, the symptoms have just transformed. Sore throat is gone, and replaced by a fun dry cough. The infection has migrated south. Either that or whatever I caught triggered my allergies, which is usually what happens this time of year...

JonnyBrokenBones on
  • Options
    Stick32Stick32 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I felt fine until Tuesday afternoon, then I came down with sneezing fits runny nose, sinus conjestion etc... by Wednesday I had a full blown head cold complete with sinus pain/conjestion, cough, etc... Now most of it's past and I have the plessure of coughing up all the crap that's drained into my lungs the past couple days... yay... D:

I little pax pox is a small price to pay though imho...

Stick32 on
  • Options
    ChaoticaChaotica Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I had a fever and I have had a really messed up throat for a few days. The throat thing could be attestable to the smokers however, since I'm allergic, so that's a tossup.

Chaotica on
    -- DJ Chaotica, Split Infinity Radio
    sirlsnr.gif
This discussion has been closed.