As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nature [Chat]

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Time for bed given I have to finish this paper and presentation before my 11am meeting tomorrow.

Night [chat].

BobCesca on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Chat, I want a cool futuristic tablet computer but none of them are really the right one yet.

In other words, I have the exact same problem as everyone who wants a cool tablet right now.

how was SD

Organichu on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Anyone around that plays STALKER?

Someone mentioned yesterday that there is a particular "good" ending that requires you to do some weird stuff?

Can anyone clue me in as non-spoilery as possible?

I think Echo said that you had to happen to find some easy to miss artifact/item.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. None of the FAQs seem to mention this.

Unless he's not talking about Shadow of Chernobyl.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    HerrCron wrote: »

Someone mentioned yesterday that there is a particular "good" ending that requires you to do some weird stuff?

If you just make sure to chase down every part of the 'main' questline you should be good. The problem is it branches at a certain point, so you'll have to backtrack a lot, but it's worth it.

Well I did some minor spoilering for myself and to be honest I'm confused what the good ending is supposed to be.
    It seems there's a bunch of endings that depend on your repuation, the amount of money you have, and whether or not the Duty and Freedom generals are both dead, one is dead, or neither are dead. And they all seem "bad" to me. Kind of. Is there a different ending?

Also, is there any penalty to killing random military people? Like can I kill the people at the blockade under the bridge in Cordon without getting on anyone's badside? I hate those fuckers.

Drez on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Chat, I want a cool futuristic tablet computer but none of them are really the right one yet.

In other words, I have the exact same problem as everyone who wants a cool tablet right now.

how was SD

It was fun! We walked around Hillcrest and ate many little food items doing this restaurant sampling "taste of hillcrest" thing. And watched Bollywood movies and played a board game. And drove around the scenic route to get bagels yesterday morning in the skippymobile which is sex on four wheels.

So I got to meet Skippy as well as Mrs. Dumptruck who is very nice. And I met the Skippydogtruck who is a friendly energetic dog who jumps around a lot with excitement.

Basically I ate a lot and tasted assorted drinks and then ate and drank more and was fat and indolent.

Also hopefully skippy will not be a little crybaby about meeting internet people seeing as how I was not a neckbearded, wolf-shirted freakasaurus.

desc on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

I think Echo said that you had to happen to find some easy to miss artifact/item.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. None of the FAQs seem to mention this.

Unless he's not talking about Shadow of Chernobyl.

I think he played them all so I don't know. I was just in here when they were talking about it.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    http://patrickmylund.com/blog/pictures-of-eyjafjallajokull/

Volcano erupting lightning bolts? Amazing.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    desc did he have a guest room for you

or his couch

or did you just share the dumptruckfamilybed?

Organichu on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I need to stop sleeping in late, I get the weirdest dreams.

You know how animals that are poisonous are brightly colored? And some animals who aren't evolve bright colors anyway to make predators think they're also poisonous?

I dreamed of something like an "animal camouflage regulatory bureaucracy" that went around making sure that there were always more actual poisonous animals than copycats in order to keep the strategy effective, fining animals who evolve "too popular" colorations.

Yeah, fucking weird.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    http://patrickmylund.com/blog/pictures-of-eyjafjallajokull/

Volcano erupting lightning bolts? Amazing.

Ha!

I asked this earlier, apparently the ash clouds being particle rich build up a lot of static charge.

Honk on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

If you just make sure to chase down every part of the 'main' questline you should be good. The problem is it branches at a certain point, so you'll have to backtrack a lot, but it's worth it.

Well I did some minor spoilering for myself and to be honest I'm confused what the good ending is supposed to be.
    It seems there's a bunch of endings that depend on your repuation, the amount of money you have, and whether or not the Duty and Freedom generals are both dead, one is dead, or neither are dead. And they all seem "bad" to me. Kind of. Is there a different ending?

Also, is there any penalty to killing random military people? Like can I kill the people at the blockade under the bridge in Cordon without getting on anyone's badside? I hate those fuckers.

Those are all considered "fake" endings as far as i know. There are two other endings, which are the 'true' endings one good, one bad. In ordet to get those you'll have to follow the main questline and do all the parts of it. That should direct you to where you need to go in the last level. Your rep/who's alive or dead don't factor into these endings, it's just a choice you make.

And as for the Cordon fuckers, The only thing is that the military will be pissed at you. Even more so. But they're already pretty pissed at you so it's not much of a big deal.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I got an email from a coworker that just said "Please disregard this email."

I am confused as to what happened

Like did he have lightning fast reflexes and type that in there after he hit send or what

Nocturne on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    red gyarados!

James on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

Like did he have lightning fast reflexes and type that in there after he hit send or what

A wizard did it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    desc did he have a guest room for you

or his couch

or did you just share the dumptruckfamilybed?

I snoozed all cozy style on a futon in the spare room / office.

I would have described the hospitality as excellent if there had been a Customer Satisfaction form drop box.

desc on
  • Options
    JudgementJudgement Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

He probably pulled a TRON, jumping into the internet to edit his mistake that would've cost you at least 30 seconds of your life.

If anything, you should send him an email about how retarded it is to send emails to people who you don't need to.

And type "Please disregard this email".

Judgement on
    309151-1.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Is it maybe a result of that Outlook recall thing?

People who send stuff to me at work keep trying to use that but it doesn't work because we don't use Exchange.

EDIT: Apparently all kinds of strange email voodoo is possible with this feature:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010917601033.aspx

japan on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Political news is just depressing this week.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Please disregard this post.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    japan wrote: »

People who send stuff to me at work keep trying to use that but it doesn't work because we don't use Exchange.

EDIT: Apparently all kinds of strange email voodoo is possible with this feature:

Oh man that is quite possibly it.

I did not even know this thing existed, and yeah we use Exchange. Huh.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    JudgementJudgement Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

You owe me 4 seconds, Honk.

Judgement on
    309151-1.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Things contained in parenthesis are (not) important.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have rad ass parents. My dad is having a forum feud.

Honk on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

What is the nature of this feud? Is it perhaps Phillips vs Flathead in nature?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    boys in the bathroom
    lovin it up
    shootin off
    menergy

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Judgement wrote: »

You owe me 4 seconds, Honk.

No refunds!

Honk on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    11 hours! Give me Masters of Orion 2!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

We don't use Exchange specifically because the mayhem you could cause in the financial services industry with the ability to remotely delete already sent emails is not to be underestimated.

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Those are all considered "fake" endings as far as i know. There are two other endings, which are the 'true' endings one good, one bad. In ordet to get those you'll have to follow the main questline and do all the parts of it. That should direct you to where you need to go in the last level. Your rep/who's alive or dead don't factor into these endings, it's just a choice you make.

And as for the Cordon fuckers, The only thing is that the military will be pissed at you. Even more so. But they're already pretty pissed at you so it's not much of a big deal.

Thanks so much!

Drez on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I rewatched Tron yesterday actually. Ahh, man I love that movie. So many plot holes but so awesome. I can't wait for the new movie so much.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I spent about three minutes reading this, parsing it.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Someone was being intentionally obtuse and I got to review his response before he posted!

Honk on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I bought some books by accident. I suddenly found myself outside of a Barnes and Noble with a bag in my hand.

Apparently I got Catcher in the Rye, The Crying of Lot 49 and The Sun Also Rises. I haven't even read the other books I bought.

You guys are infecting me with your irresponsible book purchasing.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Someone was being intentionally obtuse and I got to review his response before he posted!

Your dad should post here.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    it's so incredibly gratifying (in fifa 10) to accurately judge an opponent's ground pass and slide in and steal

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I spent about three minutes reading this, parsing it.

while oblivious==1
    parse()

Honk on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

It works under Dosbox, even under Win7. I played a game just the other day.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

We don't use Exchange specifically because the mayhem you could cause in the financial services industry with the ability to remotely delete already sent emails is not to be underestimated.

Huh. I mean I work at a bank, but I'm pretty sure the redundancy is high enough that being able to do that wouldn't cause any huge problems. I mean there are often recorded phone calls and screen prints and various other things to go along with it. I would assume there would be easier and less traceable ways to create mayhem if you were so inclined.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Catcher in the Rye

I will help you be responsible. Return that garbage. Immediately. Or throw it into a hot topic where it can be fully appreciated.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It works under Dosbox, even under Win7. I played a game just the other day.

Except I can't order it from Amazon and have it arrive in 11 hours.

Also on GOG it'll probably be like ten bucks.

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.