Options

Mothergoosin [Chats]

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I was playing some Episode One just now.

People who don't like these games are alien to me.

eventually the formula of heavily linear scripted action sequences with not very exiting puzzles in beetween gets worn, but the games still work because they're just good

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

Son of a bitch, I was in Barnes and Noble the other day because I am weak and I forgot to get a McCarthy novel. Thanks for reminding me AFTER THE FACT.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I don't know how to write a novel

we used to write them all the time at school then we just stopped, novels apparently being inferior to articles, essays and analysis of poems

so now I don't know how anymore

I hate that schools have kids writing critiques and analyses and essays instead of actual work with some actual value. The entirety of literary academia can catch hole cancer and die in a cancer fire.

how do you teach people to write then? I've read 'writing' by people that dismiss the humanities, usually it's shitty shit shitterton.

Everyone should learn style and substance from writing and reading philosophy.

ALL HAIL THE PHILOSOPHY.

MrMister on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The part about being good with computers combined with the i-phone me giggle a little bit. Ok a lot.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

MVC3

Also: DERP

Also^2: I HAS BLAZBLUE

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

MVC3

WHAT

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

MVC3

yeah i have been following that

pretty exciting

i haven't played much of 2 yet though. hard to justify games when i have four hours of free time each night.

i got home half an hour ago and i have to go to bed in like, three and a half hours.

WORK

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

MVC3

WHAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6vR-d2LZi4

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    The school seems determined to make students hate every norwegian author ever

since we're going through hundreds of them

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    BWAHAHAHA
    One respondent, the company says, even suggested “if he has an iPhone then he’s obviously intelligent and well-off.”

37% of those quizzed said that owning an iPhone makes a man seem more reliable, to which nearly all went on to say that a second date would be likely.

“There’s just something about a man who’s good with computers that makes him more trustworthy,” said Lucy, a 23-year-old primary school teacher from London. “If he’s got the cash for an iPhone then he must be very good at his job, too.”

Ah, gotta love strange press releases.

How's [chat] today?

I'm not saying she's a gold digga...

But she ain't puttin' out for Nokia

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

MVC3

BlazBlue! *high five*

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    i actually like duna, in spite of him bragging about super cheating in college by switching his paper or something with another student.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

we used to write them all the time at school then we just stopped, novels apparently being inferior to articles, essays and analysis of poems

I hate that schools have kids writing critiques and analyses and essays instead of actual work with some actual value. The entirety of literary academia can catch hole cancer and die in a cancer fire.

how do you teach people to write then? I've read 'writing' by people that dismiss the humanities, usually it's shitty shit shitterton.

by writing not-bullshit stuff

at this point I'm learning to write better from my other subjects than from Norwegian

sorry you got shitty teachers but literary arts and english or whatever you call it is the art of writing. if you take away from it how to bullshit than you either weren't paying attention or you had a bad teacher.

literary analysis and things like that are useful because they teach people to understand the subtext and meaning of a line a text, as well to organize evidence. Essentially you are teaching people to make a claim and to strengthen the claim by offering evidence, which is a skill most people definitely lack. If you want to revamp the system fine, I agree it needs a lot changes but critiques and essays are not useless.

I mean you write lab reports in science majors, but how many science majors go on to become lawyers exactly?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    facebookDammit Facebook, why don't you look like this? :x

Man, that is a slick design.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

Son of a bitch, I was in Barnes and Noble the other day because I am weak and I forgot to get a McCarthy novel. Thanks for reminding me AFTER THE FACT.

you should read my blog post about mccarthy's punctuation

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

MVC3

WHAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6vR-d2LZi4

I AM WANT

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    gundam470 wrote: »
    facebookDammit Facebook, why don't you look like this? :x

Man, that is a slick design.

Looks like a composite mock-up made from iPhone screenshots.

Feral on

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    doot doot

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

Aw hell yes.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i actually like duna, in spite of him bragging about super cheating in college by switching his paper or something with another student.

He recanted that story, so in actuality he just made that up. Kind of worse in a way.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hiii Elldren.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

I rolled my eyes and stopped reading right there

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

MVC3

BlazBlue! *high five*

Speaking of blazblue. I got my but kicked horribly by a really good Noel and Arakune the other day. Man, I hate Arakune. So much cheese.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

There's a new one?

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    BWAHAHAHA
    One respondent, the company says, even suggested “if he has an iPhone then he’s obviously intelligent and well-off.”

37% of those quizzed said that owning an iPhone makes a man seem more reliable, to which nearly all went on to say that a second date would be likely.

“There’s just something about a man who’s good with computers that makes him more trustworthy,” said Lucy, a 23-year-old primary school teacher from London. “If he’s got the cash for an iPhone then he must be very good at his job, too.”

Ah, gotta love strange press releases.

How's [chat] today?

I'm not saying she's a gold digga...

But she ain't puttin' out for Nokia

Made me laugh :lol:

gundam: Yeah, that's the design of a company that approached Facebook a while back to redesign the UI. And Facebook never used any of their ideas.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So I really should start with Blood Meridian even though I'm kind of tired of Westerns?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

I rolled my eyes and stopped reading right there

YOU ARE NOT A REAL CRITIC

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So I really should start with Blood Meridian even though I'm kind of tired of Westerns?

blood meridian is mindblowing

it's not so much a western as an anti-thematic epic of horror

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oh my god.
    This clip totally encapsulates what is wrong with the media:

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/mika-acts-child-and-right-mocks-joan-wa

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

MVC3

BlazBlue! *high five*

Speaking of blazblue. I got my but kicked horribly by a really good Noel and Arakune the other day. Man, I hate Arakune. So much cheese.

Still no time to really sit down and play :(

I need to throw some Bang in people's faces.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited April 2010

blood meridian is mindblowing

it's not so much a western as an anti-thematic epic of horror

Coo'.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

by writing not-bullshit stuff

at this point I'm learning to write better from my other subjects than from Norwegian

sorry you got shitty teachers but literary arts and english or whatever you call it is the art of writing. if you take away from it how to bullshit than you either weren't paying attention or you had a bad teacher.

literary analysis and things like that are useful because they teach people to understand the subtext and meaning of a line a text, as well to organize evidence. Essentially you are teaching people to make a claim and to strengthen the claim by offering evidence, which is a skill most people definitely lack. If you want to revamp the system fine, I agree it needs a lot changes but critiques and essays are not useless.

I mean you write lab reports in science majors, but how many science majors go on to become lawyers exactly?

This is what I'd like it to be, yes. But it's not what it is. And no, it's not because I wasn't paying attention or had bad teachers all my life. It's because the thing fucking sucks and is mostly bullshit made by bullshit people. We need to fire everybody involved in the thing and just start over.

EDIT: I was never taught about backing up claims with evidence in literary analysis. Or anything else we did in Norwegian. I learned that in law, history and politics.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yay MvC! So unbalanced yet so fun.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    500x_appleflashback.jpg

O_o

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Coke, what was that weird Korean crab robot you were trying to show me in chat yesterday?

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I also like Duna. He sometimes acts like a silly goose in Phallas, but I don't even know if he's serious when he does that. The guy has never gotten on my nerves, though.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WHAT'S UP BITCHES

Christian Bale was in The Road?

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dear God I am exhausted.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I like Duna as well. He ain't a bad guy.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, how to bullshit, and bullshit are two different things

bullshit is well, by definition useless

but how to bullshit is a very important skill

it is something taught by the entire education system

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.