Options

When Women Lost Their [Chat]s

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    Are you honestly suggesting that livestock farming is somehow more ethical than hunting?

Will, do you believe that it's okay for a livestock farmer to enjoy his work, and that this makes him not a psychopath, whereas hunters are psychopaths?

Your entire viewpoint as expressed is really, really shakey dude. I'm kind of surprised at it, unless you're just being a devil's advocate here.

i'm being like 70% devil's advocate because i don't mind subsistance hunting

and i don't mind meat production

but i do find sport hunting ethically questionable

and i find people who revel in the killing of living things kind of creepy

and i don't really see how the fact that i eat meat carries some responsbility to regard people who exalt in killing animals as "not creepy"

i take issue with this premise of yours

for instance, i like having policemen in our society. i think they're necessary

but the kinds of personality traits that are required for most cops are pretty odious.

so i don't really like cops, even though i recognize that they're necessary and i appreciate that they exist.

similarly, i hate mosquitoes. they buzz aroudn and bite you and suck your blood and leave welts.

hate mosquitoes

and yet mosquitoes are necessary for the pollination of many flowers and fruits!

so is it illegitimite for me to enjoy fruits but dislike mosquitoes?

i posit that it is!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Res wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    you're lucky it wasn't up to newton

newton died a virgin

like half of D&D will
    You can tell which half, because they all have anime avatars.

:lol:

At or with?

Leitner on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    What's your guys'es view on the morality of milf hunting?

as long as the act of milf consummation itself is undertaken with solemn, almost regretful ardor, i see no problem with it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh jesus doc, that video!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I find it really, really weird that some people have this huge moral divide in their minds between "eating what you kill" and "hunting for sport".

If a man kills a bear, and he eats the meat, uses the pelt, etc. how is he the moral superior of a man who kills a bear and then stuffs it and puts it in his living room?

Both men didn't need to kill that bear. That bear did not need to die, except perhaps for population control reasons (which is generally untrue of bears, anyway, but is applicable to stuff like deer). The man did not need to kill the bear, he chose to. He chose to do it, and he enjoyed the act of hunting the bear down and killing it. Maybe he enjoyed the hunt more than the kill, maybe the kill more than the hunt, but he did enjoy it. Otherwise, he wouldn't have done it. It was entirely optional to his existence.

How is one morally repugnant, but the other morally acceptable? It's ridiculous. You still killed an animal and used its body for your own totally optional purposes.

Pony on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What about the morality of Good Will Hunting?

Nocturne on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    What about the morality of Good Will Hunting?

Or Hunter Thompson?

Doc on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    you're lucky it wasn't up to newton

newton died a virgin

like half of D&D will
    You can tell which half, because they all have anime avatars.

:lol:

At or with?

Why would I be laughing at Than for this?

Or did you mean the people with anime avatars? Because how would I be laughing with them? I've never had an anime avatar.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What's your guys'es view on the morality of milf hunting?

as long as the act of milf consummation itself is undertaken with solemn, almost regretful ardor, i see no problem with it.

If you're taking photos giving a thumbs up right after you bagged the catch though while holding her up for the camera, that's kind of douchey, right?

desc on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    so i just got a shitty call

blech

basically my civil rights were stomped on and i have few/no witnesses so i don't think that i will get any recourse

Organichu on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    To me, hunting for food is way more...honorable, as killing an animal yourself gives you a much greater respect for the animal and eating it has greater significance.
    Did/do some cultures pray over a kill or was that just in Avatar?

I don't know that they prayed over it, but I'm pretty sure the act of hunting/eating was a ritual in some cultures

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, I think hating cops or the military is ridiculous, and having a viewpoint like "the kind of person who wants to be a soldier is the kind of person I don't want to be around" makes you a hypocritical asshole for enjoying the safety and freedom that soldier's existence provides for you.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Zombiemambo, your avatar makes me sad because I was going to dust off an ancient non-PA avatar that uses the Misfits logo and switch.

But now you have the Misfits logo, therefore you have dibs on it.

desc on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

blech

basically my civil rights were stomped on and i have few/no witnesses so i don't think that i will get any recourse

:? That sucks.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2010
    If any of you own Palm phones, you may be interested to know that they have just been bought out by HP.

The future is not looking so good for the Pre right now.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Spinoza is aces though

Leibniz > Spinoza erryday of the week, son

:(

not everyone can invent calculus

Of course leibniz invented the calculus

he invented everything!

calculus
    the library
    computers

fucking miracles
    Leibniz invented me losing my virginity in college.

Thanks Leibniz!

Hey baby is that a monad in your pocket or are you just happy to see me

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Firewaterword, your avatar really reminds me of Jason Segel.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

blech

??

desc on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Really?

always reminds me of the dudes from Alien Nation

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also, I think hating cops or the military is ridiculous, and having a viewpoint like "the kind of person who wants to be a soldier is the kind of person I don't want to be around" makes you a hypocritical asshole for enjoying the safety and freedom that soldier's existence provides for you.
    Does it matter that I never asked them to do it? Also you still seem to be having trouble distinguishing ends from means.

Bama on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    desc wrote: »

blech

??

Nichu just found out he's part black.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Morticians have to wash the balls of dead men. They take a sponge, and they gently and carefully scrub a dead man's balls. This is part of what a mortician does in "preparing a body".

People choose to be morticians. They don't have to be, they choose to be. They might be choosing due to a bunch of external pressures (it's the family business, etc.) but in the end, they choose to do that work.

If a person enjoys being a mortician, does that make them a horrid ghoul? I think it would depend on the level of enjoyment, wouldn't you? If they derived like, sexual pleasure from it, or started salivating at the prospect of getting their hands on a corpse, I think we'd all think that was some psychologically unhealthy behavior.

But if he whistled while he worked, smiled and joked around with his co-workers, found some dark levity in his job, is that wrong? Does that make him morally repugnant?

I think not.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    firewaterword on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010

blech

??

i'm not going to go into details until i'm sure this won't progress any further

i still have several other attorneys with whom i plan to speak

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Does it matter that I never asked them to do it? Also you still seem to be having trouble distinguishing ends from means.

what're you

a libertarian

Pony on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Documentary on the war in georgia on now

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010

Hating? Sure. Thinking that it's a necessary job that nonetheless macerates the soul of the person doing it? I don't think that's hypocritical in the least. I think the same is also true of jailers, for instance, or insurance claims adjusters. What they do is important but it takes its toll.

I also submit that there are plenty of worse things to be in life than a hypocrite.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

blech

??

ugh. Good luck with the others.

Bama on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

Really?

Well, Jason Segel with a shaven head in a weird light.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

blech

??

Gotcha.

Good luck / kick ass / etc!

desc on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Really?

Oh man I remember that show! Shit, I was like 5 when that was on.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

what're you

a libertarian
    No I'm a guy that doesn't answer questions. We should start a club!

Bama on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think hunting animals is wrong.

Oh man have you guys played monster hunter yet? I am so addicted to it right now its amazing.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Samus' wave beam annihilates goombas.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Oh man have you guys played monster hunter yet? I am so addicted to it right now its amazing.

Irony Man hates Particle Man

Pony on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

God damn liberals keep splashing paint all over my Rathian armor.

Bama on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »

Hating? Sure. Thinking that it's a necessary job that nonetheless macerates the soul of the person doing it? I don't think that's hypocritical in the least. I think the same is also true of jailers, for instance, or insurance claims adjusters. What they do is important but it takes its toll.

I also submit that there are plenty of worse things to be in life than a hypocrite.

I heard the worst soul crushing job is the person who executes livestock. They rotate them now, but they didn't used to, and some of those guys would have eyes like a dolls eyes...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2010

You think that you need to have a personal appreciation for every person in society whose works you enjoy in some measure?

because there are a lot of personally awful people who do important things.

and your contendion that your personal feelings about someone is solely geared to their relative "importance" to either society or the goods/ services you personally enjoy strikes me as probably not strictly true.

I mean have you worked with soldiers or cops? A lot of them really are huge dicks, and the culture of cops and soldiers tends to be kind of dickish too.

Now, you're saying that someone who is actually unrelated to the production of a consumer good i enjoy (hunters and meat, respectively) deserve my gratitude, respect and personal appreciation because they are kind of like commercial meat producers.

it's kind of ridiculous, pony. do you think that other people get to dictate to you what people you should like or dislike?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Look their monsters sabs, like legal mexicans not real.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »

I heard the worst soul crushing job is the person who executes livestock. They rotate them now, but they didn't used to, and some of those guys would have eyes like a dolls eyes...

Boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun, boltgun (eight hours pass) boltgun, shift's over.

Yeah, that'd do it.

desc on
This discussion has been closed.