edited April 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Shit

I just took my last exam

I am now done with college

Awesome! What is your degree in?

Anthropology, with an archaeology focus

Congrats dude, know what you're doing after?

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    looks like I got my schedule all set up for next semester

Calc I
    U.S. Lit IV
    New Directions in Contemporary Fiction
    Advanced Fiction Workshop: The Novella (still have to hear back on this one, so I'm knocking on wood and crossing my fingers and whatever else people do)

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    CorpseRT wrote: »
    Shit

I just took my last exam

Panhandling

Antimatter on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    CorpseRT wrote: »
    Shit

I just took my last exam

1indy-rotla-nazi-punch.jpg

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Best possible response.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man I wish

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man I wish

Just go get Lostwords and you're set.

shortround.jpg

Hunter on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In my physics class we basically have a month to ready a 5 minute presentation about anything we want, as long as we can show how it's physics based. The course is essentially over.

my friend wants to make a gun that shoots donuts so we can shoot donuts at people while we talk about the math explaining where the donuts will land.

I want to do something about sound, but I don't have a solid idea.

unintentional on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In my physics class we basically have a month to ready a 5 minute presentation about anything we want, as long as we can show how it's physics based. The course is essentially over.

my friend wants to make a gun that shoots donuts so we can shoot donuts at people while we talk about the math explaining where the donuts will land.

Attach a weight to your dick and spin it around

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Update, my college ready GPA shot up from a 3.3 to a 3.35

Yay.

I wonder if I can get letters of recommendation from famous people that graduated from my college . . .

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

brown note oh wait no that's conspiracy theorist bullshit

attach a sound generator to your dick and spin it around while explaining the doppler effect

L|ama on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited April 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    L|ama wrote: »

brown note oh wait no that's conspiracy theorist bullshit

attach a sound generator to your dick and spin it around while explaining the doppler effect

This made me laugh waaaaaaaaaayyyy too much

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Finals starting next week. My 85 in Comm 1307 shot up to 92.5 somehow, so I'm worrying about my final in that class. Also Geology is gonna be a bitch since the test is going to be 100 questions over 2 chapters we didn't learn and everything else over the semester.

Top it all off with a writing assignment I'm forced into a group for Geography. Half the people are barely pulling their weight and it's a shared grade based on how much info our teacher has to edit the entire product. That's gonna be loads of fun considering we had to have it finished today and won't have it finished until next week. (And I did my part and part of somebody's job to boot.)

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The last few finals grades came in. Very happy to see all A's once again.

Rinder on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    at my school every senior has to do a year-long senior project

this runs from say, ~300 page anthropology papers to full student-written, -directed and -acted conversions of Ibsen plays into full-length operas with corresponding theoretical essays

They were due on Wednesday. Today, the seniors slept. Tomorrow, Spring Fling begins.

it's going to be a crazy campus for the next few days

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

this runs from say, ~300 page anthropology papers to full student-written, -directed and -acted conversions of Ibsen plays into full-length operas with corresponding theoretical essays

They were due on Wednesday. Today, the seniors slept. Tomorrow, Spring Fling begins.

Dear god, what school do you attend?

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »

Dear god, what school do you attend?

Bard College, liberal arts school in upstate New York

That wasn't hypothetical, either. Friend of mine was an understudy for it. Senior took When We Dead Awaken, turned it into an opera, wrote out an orchestra's worth of music (performed by students at our Conservatory, of course), wrote out lyrics, acted out by student Opera majors, conducted by a student conductor at the Conservatory.

Not everyone gets so out-there with it. One guy I know is doing a 450-page post-structuralist fiction-work-cum-literary-theory-treatise, which is pretty tame (if weighty) -- another girl actually wrote a three-part post-fantabulist YA novel that's all about subverting tropes of gothic fiction in an "all-ages" friendly kinda way. Then there are oodles of photo shows, art exhibits, gallery openings, dance shows -- it's really an awesome time of the year, there's so much incredible totally-student-run stuff going on every night.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    so naturally kids is getting TRASHED this weekend

first spring fling there's been good weather for in maybe four years, I hear (knock on wood)

so gonna be avoiding the roads until Monday

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fuck, why do I have so much trouble writing?

I can't even get a 3 page paper out in a reasonable amount of time

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited April 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    -cum-

lol

lmao

roflmao

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    cal i suck at non-technical writing (and I'm only sort of average at that) so I'm a science major, have you considered that??

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Callius wrote: »
    -cum-

lol

lmao

roflmao

horton hegemond

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    cal i suck at non-technical writing (and I'm only sort of average at that) so I'm a science major, have you considered that??
    There's no question that I'm going History.

I just need to get better at it; fast.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    Finals starting next week. My 85 in Comm 1307 shot up to 92.5 somehow, so I'm worrying about my final in that class. Also Geology is gonna be a bitch since the test is going to be 100 questions over 2 chapters we didn't learn and everything else over the semester.

Top it all off with a writing assignment I'm forced into a group for Geography. Half the people are barely pulling their weight and it's a shared grade based on how much info our teacher has to edit the entire product. That's gonna be loads of fun considering we had to have it finished today and won't have it finished until next week. (And I did my part and part of somebody's job to boot.)

Goddamn group projects. Normally I'm the guy who does the extra work, but there was this one project where I was the slacker (though that really wasn't my fault. We were supposed to find some unknown short story, and do some sort of creative project with it. My group was like "Hey, let's take this book by this Spanish author and translate it into English!" I'm like "Uh, I don't speak Spanish," so they tell me to just do a biography on the author. Unfortunately, all the biographical info I could find on this guy was, of course, in Spanish -_- so one of the girls pretty much did all the translating for me and, as such, did most of the biography writing as well).

Peccavi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    hate hate group projects

thankfully they've gotten much rarer since leaving high school

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They've just gotten more abundant for me in community college. :(

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, that's Community College for you.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hate hate group projects

thankfully they've gotten much rarer since leaving high school

It's nice when you get, like, one partner, and you can pick them, and no one else is fighting over either you or that other person, and they're someone you work with well

So, like, once in a blue moon a group project is both fun and productive

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hear horror stories about group projects all the time. At least as a history major you don't have to worry about other people for your projects. You just have to worry because your indentation was too large and so you lose 5 points and ARGH.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have a "group project" this semester (which is due on monday), but it basically entails "type out a several-page paper about something related with the class, and then meet with the other group members while putting everyone's paper into a vaguely relatable theme; if you want to i guess."

It gives me a break from the other research papers I've been working on this semester along with the perpetual struggle of learning elementary (ancient) greek.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I don't actually know that I've had a proper group project

my Buddhist Thought & Practice teacher loved sending us all off to read in small groups, though. Not a bad idea, but it was a 100-level course and so filled with people from all different departments, and we were all generally coming at the readings from totally different angles as a result. When it worked it lead to some interesting conversation, but a few of the reading groups just really did not yield anything.

I bet I'll have some group projects when I get my hard science requirement out of the way. urrrrrgh stupid hard science, being all good for my thinking but still a big ol' pain

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    I hear horror stories about group projects all the time. At least as a history major you don't have to worry about other people for your projects. You just have to worry because your indentation was too large and so you lose 5 points and ARGH.
    No, our "group projects" are much, much more frustrating.

Our partners are dead, only told us a quarter of the story, and lied about half of that.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I'm nearly finished with my dissertation :o

bongi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    bongi wrote: »

what's it about what's it about

use layman's english please I do not understand one-third of the signifiers in your course of study

just nice and easy english

like a tepid saltbath

taking me down

down

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Irony.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited April 2010
    bongi wrote: »

what's it about what's it about

use layman's english please I do not understand one-third of the signifiers in your course of study

just nice and easy english

like a tepid saltbath

taking me down

down

deflationist theories of truth, the liar paradox, and semantic inconsistency

bongi on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Goddamn your fancy smancy liberal egghead terms, bongi.

Give it to me straight.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
This discussion has been closed.