As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gabe and Tycho sighting at Real Networks - Holy Shit

13»

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Al_wat wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    Sean, by any chance do you have a supply of human-sized jars?

If you chop em up you can use more reasonably sized jars.

you're like the Heloise of serial killers

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dizzen wrote: »
    Fandeathis wrote: »
    I used to work on the Warner Bros. movie lot, and I would see celebs nearly every day (especially if you count like TV celebs). Never once was I starstruck. The only time that it almost happened was with Michelle Obama visiting for the Jonas Brothers concert on Ellen, and that was mostly due to all the SWAT/Secret service everywhere. It just felt cool.

Celebrities are people, and a lot of them are pretty nice!

They're not just people, though, they're myths! You hear about them and see their works, but they have no actual presence in our lives (and thus, the world itself). To suddenly see them in person without warning is an event neglected by even the most ancient and contorted of prophecies, defying with vigor the portends of celestial alignment. Such a scenario could quite easily shake things up for those without a well-tuned suspension (of disbelief).

Oh so that's why I got that feeling every time I saw Charlie Sheen chain-smoking. The cosmos was shifting! And here I thought it was just me silently laughing at the guy.

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dizzen wrote: »
    I used to work on the Warner Bros. movie lot, and I would see celebs nearly every day (especially if you count like TV celebs). Never once was I starstruck. The only time that it almost happened was with Michelle Obama visiting for the Jonas Brothers concert on Ellen, and that was mostly due to all the SWAT/Secret service everywhere. It just felt cool.

Celebrities are people, and a lot of them are pretty nice!

They're not just people, though, they're myths! You hear about them and see their works, but they have no actual presence in our lives (and thus, the world itself). To suddenly see them in person without warning is an event neglected by even the most ancient and contorted of prophecies, defying with vigor the portends of celestial alignment. Such a scenario could quite easily shake things up for those without a well-tuned suspension (of disbelief).

Oh so that's why I got that feeling every time I saw Charlie Sheen chain-smoking. The cosmos was shifting! And here I thought it was just me silently laughing at the guy.

cosmos shifting and chain smoking run in the Sheen family

The-Illusive-Man.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ahahaha. Yes.

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Sean wrote: »
    but alas only some really old dude and some hot chick were in close proximity, both of which I assumed would lack any appreciation for their presence.

Ageist AND sexist. It's a twofer.

tynic on