Options

Dragon Strikes [Chat]

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    i have heard so many times "WHAT IF YOU MARRY A GIRL NAMED [MY LAST NAME]!!!!" since my last name is a somewhat common female first name

i've also heard "I'LL KNOCK YOUR EYE STRAIGHT"

usually

usually they try to but i beat them up

Organichu on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey Kakos what's the weather like in CO? Headed to Ft. Collins on Friday.

Whhaaa? Really? We'll have to hang out over the weekend or something. Where are you from?

As far as the weather, it's pretty nice. We had a few major thunderstorms that produced some nice sized hail and some tornados, but nothing that shouldn't be gone by Friday.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i have heard so many times "WHAT IF YOU MARRY A GIRL NAMED [MY LAST NAME]!!!!" since my last name is a somewhat common female first name

DUDE

you should totally do that

Elendil on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Galahad wrote: »
    My last name is a fake name my Grandpa used to hide from Germans. Which is fun.

We got a lot of very confused mail from some genealogy buffs a few years back trying to figure out where in the hell we suddenly appeared from.

The nice upshot of that is that they actually included us in their family tree after we explained what was up, and then proceeded to start tracing back my Grandfather's lineage and appending it to their tree.

It was sweet of them, but boy oh boy am I glad he wasn't alive to see it happen. He would have been pissed.

You will regret that during the 2nd Holocaust.

Yeah, pretty much. If my grandfather was still alive he probably would have changed his name all over again and gone into hiding, taking as many of us along as he could convince.

Galahad on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kakos - Not everyone who joined the Nazi party agreed with them or did terrible things. For most it was just survival that drove them.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    podly what is this robot music

I think I like it for some reason

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Kakos, Galahad, what are your last names if you don't mind?

Sheep on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Ow, ow, ow. Stress headache, for the first time in my life.

Organizing international business deals is rough. D:

I had me a wicked caffeine withdrawal headache this morning. Had like 3 glasses of iced tea which kind of helped, but man that coffee has me under its yolk. Don't really realize it until you skip the mornin' dose.

Thankfully I only drink tea once or twice a week so I'm not addicted to the stuff.

You moderation is enviable. I don't really notice how much coffee I consume until I don't get enough.

I just don't need it to wake up, I'm perfectly capable of kicking my own ass enough to get motivated. I generally drink water most of the time anyway, rather than something like soda or tea. Though I do sometimes go on a chai binge, but that's 'cause it tastes so damn good.

Yeah, I think I'm more about the routine and taste then the boost, but that may just be because I'm so used to it at this point. I should probably switch to half-caff at some point. I figure at least I don't add a ton of sugar/cream et cetera it's not all bad. But being addicted to stuff is kind of lame.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »

something I've been working on for the past couple of days

it's part of my musical project

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Finally got a new cell phone. It's got a qwerty keyboard which is nice for texting.

Now if I only had someone to text. :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Kakos - Not everyone who joined the Nazi party agreed with them or did terrible things. For most it was just survival that drove them.

I know that, Passer. :) I'm just glad my family wasn't part of the Death's Head SS and was part of the "good" part of the SS.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I think I'm more about the routine and taste then the boost, but that may just be because I'm so used to it at this point. I should probably switch to half-caff at some point. I figure at least I don't add a ton of sugar/cream et cetera it's not all bad. But being addicted to stuff is kind of lame.

You might gradually switch to tea instead, since it's got less caffeine but plenty of other stimulants to make up for it. It's also easier to wean yourself off of tea than it is coffee.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Whhaaa? Really? We'll have to hang out over the weekend or something. Where are you from?

As far as the weather, it's pretty nice. We had a few major thunderstorms that produced some nice sized hail and some tornados, but nothing that shouldn't be gone by Friday.

Right on. I'm flying into Denver - not sure if I'm going to Ft. Collins then or to my other bro's spot in Louisville. But going to hit up FC at some point before next Thursday. I'm from the Bay Area, but my brothers and their families live out there.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    Finally got a new cell phone. It's got a qwerty keyboard which is nice for texting.

There are hot girls waiting to flirt with you right now!

Just text SEXY to 6969

Nocturne on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    with regards to the food topic, the offshoot I find interesting is the inherent conflict between vegetarian / vegan and the "buy local" movement. Mostly since it is often the same person advocating both, and how they rationalize the conflict (if they even think it through) to themselves.

Fact is, there are damn few biomes on earth (I can't think of any) that can locally support a vegan diet year round.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited May 2010

usually

Just promise me that if you ever have kids, you'll name one of them Claude. Pleeeasseee?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    From the brochure I'm working on.
    Building proactive customer relations is vital for a successful marketing strategy.

I'm becoming fluent in bullshit.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

usually

Just promise me that if you ever have kids, you'll name one of them Claude. Pleeeasseee?

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Right on. I'm flying into Denver - not sure if I'm going to Ft. Collins then or to my other bro's spot in Louisville. But going to hit up FC at some point before next Thursday. I'm from the Bay Area, but my brothers and their families live out there.

Oh, snaps. Louisville is like... right next to where I live. We should find time to do something.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Both my grandfathers fought Nazis. Well, one fought the Japanese but still.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

In a week and a half I'll give you my number. I'll finally have a messaging and data plan then. I don't have anyone to text either.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The way my grandfather tells it, he was at both iwo jima and omaha beach, and if you let him go on he'll tell you he personally killed hitler.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    One of my grandfathers was a merchant marine, the other was the only son of a farmer so he was excused, and my great uncle was a bazooka man at Normandy.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

One of my grandfathers fought the Japanese for the US and got the Purple Heart. My other grandfather fought the Russians for Germany and got the Iron Cross.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

We got a lot of very confused mail from some genealogy buffs a few years back trying to figure out where in the hell we suddenly appeared from.

The nice upshot of that is that they actually included us in their family tree after we explained what was up, and then proceeded to start tracing back my Grandfather's lineage and appending it to their tree.

It was sweet of them, but boy oh boy am I glad he wasn't alive to see it happen. He would have been pissed.

Man, if there's going to be a second holocaust, we're fucking picking a better group to exterminate then the jews.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

You might gradually switch to tea instead, since it's got less caffeine but plenty of other stimulants to make up for it. It's also easier to wean yourself off of tea than it is coffee.

Probably sage advice. I drank a ton of black tea while I was in school, but I quit drinking it when I moved. I'm a slave to the convenience of having a hot pot of coffee ready the moment I wake up in the morning. I'm huge on unsweetened iced tea though. Not having a sweet tooth is something I'm pretty grateful for. I have the opposite if that's possible. A taste for the bitter.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    with regards to the food topic, the offshoot I find interesting is the inherent conflict between vegetarian / vegan and the "buy local" movement. Mostly since it is often the same person advocating both, and how they rationalize the conflict (if they even think it through) to themselves.

Fact is, there are damn few biomes on earth (I can't think of any) that can locally support a vegan diet year round.
    California.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

My grandpa played the trumpet I think.

He might have offed a few Nazis in the process too though, not sure.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My mom told me my paternal grandfather died during WW2, and then when I was 16 she admitted he really drank until he passed out, forgot to turn the heat on, and froze to death in his trailer.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    The way my grandfather tells it, he was at both iwo jima and omaha beach, and if you let him go on he'll tell you he personally killed hitler.

wolfenstein-3d.jpg

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Man, if there's going to be a second holocaust, we're fucking picking a better group to exterminate then the jews.

Word.

Like guidos

Or juggalos

Man so many to choose from.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    From the brochure I'm working on.
    Building proactive customer relations is vital for a successful marketing strategy.

I'm becoming fluent in bullshit.

Just finish that SWOT analysis and you will transcend to a new level.

Saammiel on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »

something I've been working on for the past couple of days

it's part of my musical project

am...am I supposed to like it

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    INFORMATION THEORY'S LAME, TURING

Organichu on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My granddad on my dad's side was too old to be in ww2 (he was same age as my great grandparents on my moms side). On the other, my grandma built bombers for Boeing (she was basicially a "Rosie the Riveter", including heading right back into the kitchen once the war was over) and my granddad was a SeaBee (I think, some kind of engineer in the pacific).

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh, snaps. Louisville is like... right next to where I live. We should find time to do something.

Right on. I'm not sure what my plans will look like - it's like the first time in ages most of my family is going to be in the same spot. But yeah, I'll pm you when I know what's up and maybe we can kick it or something.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My Grandfather served as a Marine during WWII. But I don't know where he served or in what capacity. He avoided talking to my Grandmother or my Aunt and Uncles about it.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

In a week and a half I'll give you my number. I'll finally have a messaging and data plan then. I don't have anyone to text either.

Add me, if you have a facebook and if you haven't added me yet: www.facebook.com/urahonky... I think my phone number is visible to friends haha :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Probably sage advice. I drank a ton of black tea while I was in school, but I quit drinking it when I moved. I'm a slave to the convenience of having a hot pot of coffee ready the moment I wake up in the morning. I'm huge on unsweetened iced tea though. Not having a sweet tooth is something I'm pretty grateful for. I have the opposite if that's possible. A taste for the bitter.

Oh man, ice tea is easy to keep in stock. You know those mini water coolers they make specifically to go into fridges? Yeah, in the time it takes to boil a pot of water you can keep it refilled.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    INFORMATION THEORY'S LAME, TURING

YOU'RE LAME!!

Premier kakos on
This discussion has been closed.