Options

The [Chat] Doctors

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    In the civilized world, there is no difference between signing and entering a pin code.

except one compromises your bank account and isn't always insured/covered if someone manages to take it.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »

Does he use casual aiming?

Nah he just shoots dudes who want to ride around and have fun. Joy killer.

I enter the game and bam, I'm dead and he's shooting me.

Then when I come back to life bam, there he is again and I'm dead again.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    japan wrote: »
    In the civilized world, there is no difference between signing and entering a pin code.

In the UK there is, but it's purely to do with whether the bank or the merchant is liable for fraudulent transactions. Signed it's the merchant, PIN, it's the bank, I think.

On that level, I do not know how it works here. I've never ever heard of a merchant being liable for such things here though. Banks usually smile and give your money back to you.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i dont understand how people can't stand their own farts
    if it wasnt for the sensation of farting, i wouldnt even know i did it

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    No one ever checks signatures on credit cards in the US. Or debit. I haven't signed either of mine. No one even looks at the name on the card.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    I've never seen any use of a debit card incur a charge except for at certain supermarkets or drugstores when you want cash back. But even then, it's about $0.50, which is less than any ATM fee around here.

In the civilised world you are never charged for bank ATM withdrawals.

Europe has spoken.

So...jealous.

Nowadays I have to pay upwards of $3 to get $20 out of the ATM when it's not my bank's ATM (and it usually isn't).

That's just so wrong.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »

Other than PIN codes being inherently less hassle.

That's arguable.

I have an easier time remember my name than a number.

As long as you remember the code, it's faster. But even I, Honk the infallible, sometimes forget my codes so I know what you're saying.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Maybe they should just ride around and have fun in singleplayer.

Or a literal sandbox.

This is my solution.

It does mean I won't be playing multi with you people

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    EUROPE HATH SPOKETH

Honk on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

I enter the game and bam, I'm dead and he's shooting me.

Then when I come back to life bam, there he is again and I'm dead again.
    You're operating under conflicting philosophies. He's obviously adopted a "shoot first, shoot shoot shoot shooooooooot" philosophy. Yours seems to be experiencing life as a bullet sponge.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    so, shit. looks my prospects as a summer intern as an accountant have truly run dry. there's always next year, but I'm not too sure how that'll go either. At the end of next year,I'm certainly going to be involved in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. If I can't manage to get an internship then, either during tax season or during the summer of 2011, would the VITA program stand out as a replacement for an internship on a resume?

tyrannus on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Fees and such with Debit and Credit will be changing now, though, with the Credit Card Act, and FinReg. Though the latter still needs to be worked out.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I haven't played in the sand for a long time.

Mostly because I am strongly compelled to eat it.

And sunburns.

Winky on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

In the UK there is, but it's purely to do with whether the bank or the merchant is liable for fraudulent transactions. Signed it's the merchant, PIN, it's the bank, I think.

On that level, I do not know how it works here. I've never ever heard of a merchant being liable for such things here though. Banks usually smile and give your money back to you.

Honk, as Europe is to America - Sweden is to Europe in these matters.

Though seriously, it surprises how arcane and dumb monetary stuff can be in the US and to a lesser extent in the UK.

I mean some people still have cheque books around here, I've never even fucking seen one.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

except one compromises your bank account and isn't always insured/covered if someone manages to take it.

In the civilized world, you get your money back regardless. :P

Honk on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

This is my solution.

It does mean I won't be playing multi with you people

That was my solution to, I finished single player and went back to monster hunter.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

I can stand them. I sometimes bottle them and save them in a box so aliens can find it thousands of years from now and have a good laugh.

However, there are many elements belonging to a fart in the shower that make them much worse than any other fart that you might encounter out in the wild.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    [chat] is currently hurting me

Pony on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Play Batman: Arkham Asylum makes me feel like I'm playing a bad guy because here you have all these vicious murdering psychos that get loose every 5 minutes to kill again and Batman NEVER DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT EXCEPT LOCK THEM BACK UP IN THE ASYLUM WITH A SHITLOAD OF SECURITY HOLES.

Like, jesus Batman.

what should he do with them

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Pony wrote: »

Pony hates farts

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2010

With our limited knowledge of credit cards or our desire to commit fraud?

Winky on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I remember being a kid playing on the grass getting all dirty and having fun. Rolling down hills and shit.

There's no way I'd do that now. It's almost like repulsive to me. Probably because I'd expect dog shit or something.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Some jerk picked Shen before I could... THIS IS BULLSHIT

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Calling tech support without Google'ing your problem first should be a crime punishable by death.

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Pony hates fraud.

Honk on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've never seen any use of a debit card incur a charge except for at certain supermarkets or drugstores when you want cash back. But even then, it's about $0.50, which is less than any ATM fee around here.

Europe has spoken.

So...jealous.

Nowadays I have to pay upwards of $3 to get $20 out of the ATM when it's not my bank's ATM (and it usually isn't).

That's just so wrong.

You should just go to a store and buy some gum then overpay by $20. At least then the extra charge got you gum.

Though honestly I just withdraw larger sums (well, "large" at best) from my bank itself and stash it as refills to my walking around money when it winnows down. Seems to work well enough. Especially since I mostly just charge everything rather than pay cash.

moniker on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Though seriously, it surprises how arcane and dumb monetary stuff can be in the US and to a lesser extent in the UK.

I mean some people still have cheque books around here, I've never even fucking seen one.

I've had to write a couple of cheques, but I can't remember what for.

It was a huge pain in the arse because it takes like a fortnight for the bank to print the book and send it out to you.

japan on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Europe has spoken.

Wait, are there really no fees at all even when you go to another bank's ATM or does someone just always swallow the cost somewhere along the line?

Because in the US, there are three types of ATMs:
    Your bank's ATMs - Always free
    Other bank's ATMs - Sometimes free, sometimes a small fee. The fee is often refunded by your bank.
    Private ATMs not owned by a bank (found all over the place). - Typically a really stupid fee like $2 or $3. If your bank is super nice like mine, they also get refunded.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

In the civilized world, we all have our asses wiped by poop monkeys who are highly intelligent but have a strong fascination with poop so they don't really mind the work and it ends up being a symbiotic relationship instead of monkey slavery.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

I can stand them. I sometimes bottle them and save them in a box so aliens can find it thousands of years from now and have a good laugh.

However, there are many elements belonging to a fart in the shower that make them much worse than any other fart that you might encounter out in the wild.

i submit that farting in other people's desk drawers is the best thing

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Europe has spoken.

Wait, are there really no fees at all even when you go to another bank's ATM or does someone just always swallow the cost somewhere along the line?

Because in the US, there are three types of ATMs:
    Your bank's ATMs - Always free
    Other bank's ATMs - Sometimes free, sometimes a small fee. The fee is often refunded by your bank.
    Private ATMs not owned by a bank (found all over the place). - Typically a really stupid fee like $2 or $3. If your bank is super nice like mine, they also get refunded.

ALL BANK ATM'S FREE

EUROPE HATH

SPOKETH

Honk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

With our limited knowledge of credit cards or our desire to commit fraud?

Both

Pony on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    I have no idea why but I'm streaming the monsoon in Omaha right now. </weathernerd>

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The UK has ATMs that charge fees. Generally they are regarded in a similar way to that guy in the pub who wants to sell you a lightly used TV at a suspiciously knockdown price.

japan on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

It was a huge pain in the arse because it takes like a fortnight for the bank to print the book and send it out to you.

My uni wanted a £15 deposit, paid in cheque, for my locker when I first arrived here. I went to the bank and figured they'd print me one and it'd all be cool but they were like "no, it costs £15 to print a chequebook" so I was like "fuck that, I'm gonna check they don't take cash instead".

Turns out they took cash so I was spared that hassle.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

In the civilized world, we all have our asses wiped by poop monkeys who are highly intelligent but have a strong fascination with poop so they don't really mind the work and it ends up being a symbiotic relationship instead of monkey slavery.

Too bad those stupid monkeys throw the feces all over the place. So we had to train catfish to clean the bathroom walls.

Honk on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Play Batman: Arkham Asylum makes me feel like I'm playing a bad guy because here you have all these vicious murdering psychos that get loose every 5 minutes to kill again and Batman NEVER DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT EXCEPT LOCK THEM BACK UP IN THE ASYLUM WITH A SHITLOAD OF SECURITY HOLES.

Like, jesus Batman.

what should he do with them

In the fictional world he lives in where he's pretty much the only one able to defeat these super villains and they kill dozens every time they escape....

Yeah fuck it...execution.

I know I know this is a big thing with the Batman universe the idea of becoming the evil you fight but in this game there's like people dying every 30 seconds there's a limit to what's right and what's fucking practical.

Or at least lobotomies. Yeah, lobotomies for all!

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

This.

I've also rarely had a check go through. I've never written one that's bounced, but I always get a "Code 2 decline" no matter how much money is actually in the bank. Certegy is awesome.

farts etc

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also, the fact that Europeans use the terms "credit cards" and "charge cards" to basically mean the reverse of what North Americans use the terms to mean, rendering a lot of cross-oceanic credit card discussion needlessly confusing.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Too bad those stupid monkeys throw the feces all over the place. So we had to train catfish to clean the bathroom walls.

but they are intelligent catfish that breath air and enjoy the taste of poop when mixed with the pheremones in the monkey palms.

its a trimbiotic relationship!

Dunadan019 on
This discussion has been closed.