Options

Halo 3/ODST: Reach 9/14/10, E3 trailer up!

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I wonder what they mean by stun...

Are we talking about something minor, like a temporary loss of vision/sound? Or something more severe, like loss of movement/Armor Abilities?

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    AoR_Final wrote: »
    I wonder what they mean by stun...

Are we talking about something minor, like a temporary loss of vision/sound? Or something more severe, like several seconds of static wash/loss of Armor Abilities?

Probably the same stun that was in the beta... just a slower walk speed for a second.

Edit: They also let slip that there will be more armor abilities.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Here are some other details for people who don't like podcasts.

Grenades: In the beta a single frag would knock out your shields and take out 1/3 of your health. They made a change so a grenade will now knock out your shields and do a tiny bit less than 1/3 of your health. This way, that health damage will regenerate. They also made frag grenades take a little bit longer to explode (think half a second or less change).

Stockpile: They made some UI fixes... apparently the blue/red UI stuff was like that in halo 3, but no one really noticed. They have moved the scoring zones around a bit.

Swordbase: No details (probably because of an unannounced weapon), but some weapons have been removed, replaced, and moved. There is no longer a plasma launcher on the map by default. In 1 flag, the flag will spawn in the glass balcony room. Territories have moved.

Yellow lift confirmed to be yellow and not green.

Powerhouse: The 1 flag will spawn on "a rooftop" (most likely on the office)

Magnum: slowed down a tiny bit, "never" going to put more rounds in the clip
    AR: a little bit better, they joke about the Pros getting angry
    Sniper Rifle: "a little bit more idiot proof" (no clarification)
    Plasma Launcher: "nerfed a hair", little longer time to lock on, slightly less tracking
    DMR: had 12, now 15 rounds (enough for 3 kills if you don't miss)
    Needle Rifle: had 16, now 21 rounds (enough for 3 kills if you don't miss)

In invasion slayer, Elites were winning 60% of the time (that's a lot), so they needed to test SvE slayer. In SvE slayer, Elites were winning 60% of the time too. Sounds like they are going to add 1 second to Elite shield regen time (was 3 seconds, Spartans are 6 seconds), and maybe looking at other small changes.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    spartans buffed boo
    i like the odds of 60-40 in favor of elites, since it makes for awesome spartan victories. plus if they really are worried about balance why not just add a spartan v spartan invasion type? hell i bet you can do that in the new gametype maker.

also green lift forever.

also who wants to play halo 3

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Good games tonight (except the griffball) I used to love you. I used to enjoy swinging that hammer but now all you do is bring me pain. Why griffball, WHY?!?

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Here are some other details for people who don't like podcasts.

Grenades: In the beta a single frag would knock out your shields and take out 1/3 of your health. They made a change so a grenade will now knock out your shields and do a tiny bit less than 1/3 of your health. This way, that health damage will regenerate. They also made frag grenades take a little bit longer to explode (think half a second or less change).

Stockpile: They made some UI fixes... apparently the blue/red UI stuff was like that in halo 3, but no one really noticed. They have moved the scoring zones around a bit.

Swordbase: No details (probably because of an unannounced weapon), but some weapons have been removed, replaced, and moved. There is no longer a plasma launcher on the map by default. In 1 flag, the flag will spawn in the glass balcony room. Territories have moved.

Yellow lift confirmed to be yellow and not green.

Powerhouse: The 1 flag will spawn on "a rooftop" (most likely on the office)

Magnum: slowed down a tiny bit, "never" going to put more rounds in the clip
    AR: a little bit better, they joke about the Pros getting angry
    Sniper Rifle: "a little bit more idiot proof" (no clarification)
    Plasma Launcher: "nerfed a hair", little longer time to lock on, slightly less tracking
    DMR: had 12, now 15 rounds (enough for 3 kills if you don't miss)
    Needle Rifle: had 16, now 21 rounds (enough for 3 kills if you don't miss)

In invasion slayer, Elites were winning 60% of the time (that's a lot), so they needed to test SvE slayer. In SvE slayer, Elites were winning 60% of the time too. Sounds like they are going to add 1 second to Elite shield regen time (was 3 seconds, Spartans are 6 seconds), and maybe looking at other small changes.

Glad to hear about the grenades. I always thought it took a little too long for them to explode. Also, I like having more ammo in my guns. At least with more in the DMR I might start getting some headshots now. I started getting a little better at the end of the beta.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    Glad to hear about the grenades. I always thought it took a little too long for them to explode. Also, I like having more ammo in my guns. At least with more in the DMR I might start getting some headshots now. I started getting a little better at the end of the beta.

They are changing it so Reach frag grenades take longer to explode. Even with the change, they will probably explode faster than the Halo 3 grenades.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Maybe then I should learn not to throw a frag and keep running then.
    I seem to trip over my own pineapples a lot...

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    coolautostorybro.png

Will try to be on tonight

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Maybe then I should learn not to throw a frag and keep running then.
    I seem to trip over my own pineapples a lot...

Or when your sensitivity is too high, you're trying to make an awesome bank shot into a room, and overdo it. Plinks off the wall right next to you, then blows up.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I was hoping no one saw any of those....

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lies, it's green lift! Green, green, green!

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    from the weekly update, look at this cool shit!

armory.jpg

quite excited for the ODST style shoulders and more customizable areas

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh man. You can change everything.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I can't make it out... Is one of the blurred options.... Codpiece?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I can't make it out... Is one of the blurred options.... Codpiece?

if it is I will disown you bungie. DISOWN... YOU.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cool... looks like the carnage report will show individual medal numbers. I assumed it would change, but it's nice to see confirmation.

It looks like there is going to be a lot of commendations. A screenshot in the update shows any spree, sidearm, one shot, heavy weapon, multikill and trigger man as new commendations. They also confirm commendations in "other modes". I had no idea they would have them in campaign.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I hope that there will be some good unique looks for armor.

Of course with all those options I'm sure I'll find something I like.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also confirmation that the Legendary edition flaming helmet works in campaign but not during cutscenes

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Also confirmation that the Legendary edition flaming helmet works in campaign but not during cutscenes

Which is shorthand for 'you only see it when you die.'

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    or in my rad-bad saved films

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    DogEightDogEight Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    or during assassination animations

DogEight on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Awesome. That guy is arguing with my autoresponder on bungie.net

WORKING AS DESIGNED

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

armory.jpg

I was trying to fill in the blanks here.

Helmet
    Left Shoulder
    Right Shoulder
    Chest
    Waist
    Thigh
    Forearms

Knee Guards
    Shins
    Feet

I originally also considered backs and abdomen within the upper blurred areas, but judging solely on the level of customization indicative in your fellow spartans in Campaign, I noticed their back and abdomen armour areas were consistent.

Several screenshots showed Spartan III's in campaign with different Forearms, and Emile acts as an example of Waist (large bandolier of grenades strung as a belt) and Thigh (large packs of something attached to his thigh) customization.

reachcampaignm10emile.jpg

Shins and Feet are simply logical choices if we're going from the Knee Guards down, but the length of text could indicate other armour variations.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    Sharp_Sniper99Sharp_Sniper99 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have to assume that Armour effects will be one, accessories could be another (I.e Sword on back). Im sure we saw Kats forearms from glitches. So maybe the last 2 are left leg and right leg?

Sharp_Sniper99 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, one of them would definitely have to be Armor Effects or something like that, so people can turn off the flame (or any other effects you could unlock)

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Christ, why can't they just show us. If you're at the point where you're blurring out armour customization options...

Lame.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Christ, why can't they just show us. If you're at the point where you're blurring out armour customization options...

Lame.

Sketchfactor said they have to be careful to not piss of PR people. I imagine it's because some mags probably already bought access to writing the exclusive article on armor customization that'll be posted to the internet within 5 minutes of it being printed. And publishers keep doing this because the mags/websites keep paying for it.

Which is why no gaming site should ever be called "journalism".

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Gaming blogz.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If the term could be applied to Kotaku, then it isn't journalism.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Okay seriously going to attempt to be on Halo tonight.

I think I've passed out like five nights in a row now.

It's too damn hot to be awake.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    lol

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=44641531&postRepeater1-p=7#44790868

my response:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=44794798

tl;dr Some guy on bungie.net accuses me of killing people in a RR game, a playlist that I always have party chat on in. And doesn't even have any Rocket Race games recorded for the Rocket Race weekend he said it happened in.

God I love bungie.net stats recording

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hey, Vis, we still on for a Hell's Highway March (Deja Vu) tonight? Or are we going for Endure?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Except for the part where the guy made a rebuttal and they believe him because they hate you

protip: don't argue to bnet forums, with anyone

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Strangely enough I remember that game.

It was pretty non-eventful.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blowing people off the side of Standoof or Rat's Nest is a perfectly legitimate tactic in Rocket Race in any case. I wonder which of those people he claims to be - there's a bunch of Bees in that game. Would be delicious if he claimed to be one of us and then that person posted in the thread.

EDIT: Standoof.

EDIT 2: And for what it's worth, I checked IMaelstrom's gamertag, the guy on Angel's team he claims was a friend that quit out, and none of the people on his friends list were in that Rocket Race game.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I was a VIP. Which means I would have been a gigantic target anyway. And not only that, Angel and TACT are in there which means we were in a voice party.

And even if I WAS doing that, it's fucking Standoff. You'll respawn next to a fucking mongoose.

Either way, I find it amusing that he's claiming he's going to set aside a fileshare slot "just for you". So I offered to buy him Bungie Pro so he could set aside 18 for me.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How are you only Noble Heroic, dude? I'm Exalted and I spend so much less time on bnet than you.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Heh, I'm helping Cocopjojo from Waypoint get achievements right now.

I got a somewhat answer out of him regarding H2V and Waypoint recognition not being there: "there are reasons"

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    How are you only Noble Heroic, dude? I'm Exalted and I spend so much less time on bnet than you.

I believe bnet's rankings are based off both postcount and time registered. "FyreWulff Rex" was registered in Oct 2007.. I'd probably be exalted if I had kept posting with "FyreWulff" (registered in 03 or 04) (but then it got tied down to a dead gamertag)

FyreWulff on