As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter: Demon Armageddon, coolest ultra.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm likely not going to attempt any more ranbats. Too much aggravation.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    GROVE DO YOU HAVE THIS GAME FOR YOUR XBOX? YOU COULD RANBAT WITH US THEN.

YES I HAVE THE GAME FOR MY XBOX AND MY PS3 BUT I HAVE BEEN ON TOOOOOOO MANY PRODUCTIONS LATELY TO PARTICIPATE BUT I MAY START TO PARTICIPATE WHEN IS THE NEXT RANBAT TONIGHT I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO BECAUSE I DECIDED TO HAVE A REALLY REALLY LONG RUNON SENTENCE ABOUT GOING TO THIS FANTASTIC SANDWICH PLACE IN LA WELL BURBANK TO BE TRUTHFUL BUT REGARDLESS I GOTTA HIT IT UP BECAUSE I JUST GOT BACK IN LA AND STARTED PLAYING SSFIV AGAIN AFTER A BRIEF HIATUS BECAUSE I WENT TO WORK WITH MEL GIBSON WHO DOESN'T PLAY SSFIV SO HE SUCKS BUT WHATEVER.

tl;dr yeah Im in.

Also I'll only be able to participate this week because I have to fly to N. Carolina next week, god help me. I'll only be there for a week, but whatever, I still don't want to go.

After that I should be able to join you fine gents each week for a few weeks.

Oh and I love Ibuki, why didn't you silly geese tell me about her. Especially you chaos.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    RANBATS ARE ON TUES AND THURS AT 9 EASTERN SIR.

Also, Sabre, you shouldn't give up. You really gave me a run for my money in a match I'm 90% sure is 6-4 in my favor. Those were incredibly close games and I appreciated them. Don't quit, just unlucky.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, it's almost getting to the point where I wonder why I'm even playing at all. I don't play socially, and playing just to make a BP score go up is looking more and more like a treadmill with no purpose that's rapidly losing its fun factor.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Well, it's almost getting to the point where I wonder why I'm even playing at all. I don't play socially, and playing just to make a BP score go up is looking more and more like a treadmill with no purpose that's rapidly losing its fun factor.

You need a fix Sabre? Just play with me. We'll set up an endless lobby and I'll help you remember what playing SF is all about. Name the time bud. Hell, I'm free now if you're game.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

if youre not having fun playing then play other games. i mean i'll take breaks from SF for months and months, but its always there whenever i feel like it you know.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    About to start recording losers, winners, and grand finals of tonight's ranbat if any want to join the replay lobby.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    About to start recording losers, winners, and grand finals of tonight's ranbat if any want to join the replay lobby.

It's frustrating that I played terrible in 2 of those, but you guys were and are much better than I am. Hopefully I can learn from these beatings.

Thanks for the games tonight guys.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I walk a fine line with SSF4. If i play it every day, ill get good, but ill enjoy it less. So i try and keep my ssf4 nights to like 3-4 times a week, then i play either random rpgs or shootem ups in between if that.

KP you baller, you would win the tuesday night ranbat. Especially considering the people who attended, thats pretty sweet.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i haven't played much lately and tonight i had a horrible fucking street fighter night

just awful

i might take a break and take the skill drop just because it sucks up so much time for what it is

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    StokedUp wrote: »
    I walk a fine line with SSF4. If i play it every day, ill get good, but ill enjoy it less. So i try and keep my ssf4 nights to like 3-4 times a week, then i play either random rpgs or shootem ups in between if that.

KP you baller, you would win the tuesday night ranbat. Especially considering the people who attended, thats pretty sweet.

:lol: I'm glad that I have someone to be stoked for me, Stoked. Thanks buddy.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My first foray into Tournament Mode earlier this morning AND my first HD Capture test with my new Avermedia HD something something capture card! Adds a slight delay to my playing, so I don't know how much recording I'll be doing before I get my HDMI Splitter, but still neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynukC1wjdKs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zoFo4M-FKs

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's pretty sick quality on the capture card! Why not just capture replays if it causes delay?

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I was just testing at the moment. These aren't matches I particularly cared about or anything, but yeah if it were an issue I would probably go that route. Mostly I plan on recording offline play and such though, so a splitter will be necessary anyway.

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thanks to every I played with tonight for the great fights!

My ass is still sore from the kickings, but the brain is heavier for the knowledge.

*Edit - LOL I saw this on the capcom unity blog: http://www.stickeryou.com/theme/SSFIV/

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Uploading all the video nonsense from today's ranbat now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PAFightingStreets#p/u/9/xFt84UjBzRk

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    GGs tonight Tom and all the ranbatters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOu7K9epki4

Late addition... skip to about 1:10 to see a pretty badass counter. I never knew that characters still moved doing ultra/super start ups.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So SSFIV is coming to Nintendo's new handheld 3DS...wonder how that will work. I hate SFA on PSP because I just have to have a 6-button layout. Shoulder buttons just don't cut it.

http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2010/06/street-fighter-and-resident-evil-heading-to-nintendo-3ds%E2%84%A2/

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh crap. :\

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh crap. :\

Agreed.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Huh?

Why the oh crap?

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Because I might buy a 3DS...

(Or it might be completely awful, who knows)

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Huh?

Why the oh crap?

have you tried ultraing on a pad without using a 3p or 3k button?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dude.

I don't need SSF4 to buy a 3DS.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010

Late addition... skip to about 1:10 to see a pretty badass counter. I never knew that characters still moved doing ultra/super start ups.

Kinder you're a bad Gouken.

Stop now.

You messed up so many opportune moments.

Play me and you shall see the Gouken.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Kinder you're a bad Gouken.

Stop now.

You messed up so many opportune moments.

Play me and you shall see the Gouken.

You need to get SUPER first.

Kiddo. 8-)

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You actually countered the HP before he canceled into super. I didn't realize the counter has invincibility frames to it...but that might be because it was EX.

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So for all you guys who need to buy a 360, a replacement 360, or any of that:

NO MORE EXCUSES.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

if youre not having fun playing then play other games. i mean i'll take breaks from SF for months and months, but its always there whenever i feel like it you know.

That's the odd thing; I don't really play other games. Number of games I've bought for my 360 since buying it: 1. PS3 I haven't done much of anything with in almost a year, and I don't think I've bought a PC game since WotLK, and I haven't been actively playing that for a few months now.

I'm still annoyed I ended up playing SSF4 almost entirely differently from how I had been planning to play it for months. I was expecting a lot more Makoto playtime, instead of trying her out momentarily and then realizing how much work was necessary to even approach decent odds.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DarkMecha wrote: »

My ass is still sore from the kickings, but the brain is heavier for the knowledge.

Good, knowledge gained is always worthwhile. In case it didn't sink in, though, (when I realized you were trying to learn, I started spamming certain moves over and over to get you used to blocking them)....

Bison's headstomp, you need to stand to block this. You can also simply walk backwards to avoid it if you have the room and have the time.

Bison's psycho crusher, be careful if you don't quick rise. I can do it early and essentially cross you up with it now.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    @ SabreMau

Makoto is fun though! You just have to work a little harder. You used to play Sakura right? I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to figure out Makoto as well. I don't think Makoto has to work as hard as Sakura

@ Bizazedo

Good news and bad news about the controller. Good news is it's finally listed on their website. Bad news is i heard that it may not release until September D:. I'm still looking for an official release date

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

That's the odd thing; I don't really play other games. Number of games I've bought for my 360 since buying it: 1. PS3 I haven't done much of anything with in almost a year, and I don't think I've bought a PC game since WotLK, and I haven't been actively playing that for a few months now.

You may have turned the corner Sabre. There comes a time, usually in your early 30s, when you look to see the games that are out and going to be released the coming year and realize absolutely nothing interests you. Games that everyone else is salivating over causes you to give out a collective 'meh'.

Happened to my brother and now its happened to me as well.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I got one and a half months until my 30s start, so that could be it.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    So for all you guys who need to buy a 360, a replacement 360, or any of that:

NO MORE EXCUSES.

my excuse is that i don't have a 360 stick.

and i don't want to pay for live.

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Stig,what did I just say about the excuses?

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i'm just sayin'
    You should buy me a 360 stick and a years subscription for the privilege of playing with me.

TheStig on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

You may have turned the corner Sabre. There comes a time, usually in your early 30s, when you look to see the games that are out and going to be released the coming year and realize absolutely nothing interests you. Games that everyone else is salivating over causes you to give out a collective 'meh'.

Happened to my brother and now its happened to me as well.

I'm about to be 33, and honestly, I'm enjoying games more than ever. I'm at a higher level in my fighting games than ever before in my youth. I'm going to EVO, it's actually like I'm understanding more and more about the games that I do play now that I'm older.

Whereas when I was younger, I was much more scrubby. I guess with age, comes appreciation and understanding, at least in my case.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TheStig wrote: »
    i'm just sayin'
    You should buy me a 360 stick and a years subscription for the privilege of playing with me.

Yep.... 100 for xbox + 90 for te stick + 40 for ssf4 + live sub = wait a minute wtf, i have a ps3 te and ssf4 already for a system that hasn't broken yet!

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    DarkMecha wrote: »

Good, knowledge gained is always worthwhile. In case it didn't sink in, though, (when I realized you were trying to learn, I started spamming certain moves over and over to get you used to blocking them)....

Bison's headstomp, you need to stand to block this. You can also simply walk backwards to avoid it if you have the room and have the time.

Bison's psycho crusher, be careful if you don't quick rise. I can do it early and essentially cross you up with it now.

Yeah I figured it was something like that, though I thought more along the lines of "this works vs him, so I'm going to punish him with it until he can deal".

I caught on about the headstomps but I'm still getting used to reacting to things and was just too slow - I think I'll get that with time.

Psycho crusher psych'd me out - I wasn't sure if I was blocking it wrong or what, it seemed like sometimes my standing block wouldn't work, but maybe that was you crossing me up with it? - does it go over you if you crouch?

Thanks for the tips Biz, your a really great player and I appreciate the games.

DarkMecha on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    *snip!* (giant post was giant)

I'm about to be 33, and honestly, I'm enjoying games more than ever. I'm at a higher level in my fighting games than ever before in my youth. I'm going to EVO, it's actually like I'm understanding more and more about the games that I do play now that I'm older.

Whereas when I was younger, I was much more scrubby. I guess with age, comes appreciation and understanding, at least in my case.

That's awesome man, and good to hear since I'm 27 and can't imagine not playing games. In my case though, I've been gaming for a long time, since when I was young my dad was playing on the commodore 64 and introduced me to pc games, and we later got an NES. It just kept going from there. He still plays pc games to this day, and is a total STO addict, lol.

I don't think it's age that determines your interest, just your tastes, and they can change just as you do.

DarkMecha on