As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the old and busted [STEAM] thread

1565758596062»

• Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    august wrote: »

I did this, but the game lags horribly the instant I bring the main menu up. The main theme keeps playing normally, but the background graphics and mouse movement drop down to something like a frame every few seconds. o_O

EDIT: Huh, it only does that using the D3D10 renderer. Switching it to just D3D fixed it.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't need invisible war right?

Nobody needs Invisible War.

I'm almost done playing Vampire: Colons, I might re-install DX.

4.95 for both, I can't say no!!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ayulin wrote: »
    august wrote: »

I did this, but the game lags horribly the instant I bring the main menu up. The main theme keeps playing normally, but the background graphics and mouse movement drop down to something like a frame every few seconds. o_O

EDIT: Huh, it only does that using the D3D10 renderer. Switching it to just D3D fixed it.
    You need to install the latest version of DirectX.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anybody have some "Deus Ex advice for newbies who have never played the game"? I bit on the deal and have this sinking feeling that I will suck at the game.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    I'll put my hand out for a Deus Ex, I've never played it or owned it. But even I know about the "you're now reinstalling it" joke.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Most first person games literally make me nauseous. I dislike all which is not UT2004 or Oblivion. Why is Deus Ex awesome?

Frem on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hmm, the DE:IW Fov edit worked, but the resolution one (which was supposed to be the easy part) didn't take.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    supertall wrote: »
    It's pronounced 'day-us ex', not 'deuce ex'.

Well, technically it's pronounced day-oos ex.

gotta love that Latin

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I had a copy of IW that I had loaned to a friend. Very recently he remembered and said he's bring it back to me. I told him not to worry about it.

piL on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I met a guy that called it douche ex. Took me a while to even figure out what he meant.

Arrath on
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ME2 has ammo? wow

xta on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    Hmm, the DE:IW Fov edit worked, but the resolution one (which was supposed to be the easy part) didn't take.

Well, duh. Defying all conventions, it lists the Y res, then X, so of course it didn't take

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anybody have some "Deus Ex advice for newbies who have never played the game"? I bit on the deal and have this sinking feeling that I will suck at the game.

I run this website, which might help you:

http://wsik.centipeed.com/index.php/Site/DeusEx

Centipeed on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    xta wrote: »
    ME2 has ammo? wow

Aye. Seriously unhappy about that. And the 'hide for 5 seconds, get full health' thing. And ... y'know? I'm enjoying the game, I'll not bitch too much.

Tamin on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tamin wrote: »
    ME2 has ammo? wow

Aye. Seriously unhappy about that. And the 'hide for 5 seconds, get full health' thing. And ... y'know? I'm enjoying the game, I'll not bitch too much.

Yeah, I was surprised by the ammo thing.
    But now I actually use more than just my pistol for stuff.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If I think of Mass Effect 2 as more "third-peson shooter" and less "RPG", I enjoy the game much much more.

A really, really, really dialogue heavy shooter.

Still love the game.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Game-design wise, having ammo for guns makes a billion times more sense

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dubh wrote: »
    supertall wrote: »
    It's pronounced 'day-us ex', not 'deuce ex'.

Well, technically it's pronounced day-oos ex.

gotta love that Latin

The most ridiculous thing is that it's been dead for so long, the 'official' pronunciation completely differs to how we believe it was actually spoken. And I'm not even counting that bloody 'pronouce Vs as Ws' thing. If you want to get super crazy, most sufficiently old schools in England all have their own, highly-specific and ridiculous-sounding pronunciation types. Latin is brilliant.

People calling it Jew Sex are still retarded in any part of the globe, though.

Bioptic on
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tamin wrote: »
    ME2 has ammo? wow

i'm used to hiding and regen-ing super fast. as a soldier in ME1, i had points in the skill that regen'd hp at a decent rate. plus soldier has hax skills of fast shield recovery and take almost no damage in times of battle

xta on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Game-design wise, having ammo for guns makes a billion times more sense

From a design perspective, you're totally right. Partially ruins Wrex's story, though.
    One of his war stories involves fighting with a bounty hunter for 'so long, they actually ran out of ammo'.

when ammo is nearly infinite, this holds a lot more weight.
    Zxerol wrote: »
    If I think of Mass Effect 2 as more "third-person shooter" and less "RPG", I enjoy the game much much more.

A really, really, really dialogue heavy shooter.

Still love the game.

I'm having to do the same, which is frustrating. Lots of my little issues get hand-waved in the codex, though. And given that the game is loads of fun, I'm willing to stick with it.

Tamin on
This discussion has been closed.