Options

[Chat]wolves on Wheels

• Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I hate his nose. It is piglike.
    Watch out, man. I'm pretty sure that kid can break you in half like a dry twig.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mostly the characters in ME2 needed more time to develop

I think the cast could stand to be trimmed down

especially if it allowed for more of those off-the-cuff elevator comments

Elendil on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Like, three years?

Listen I have lived in places all over the world, from Iran to Zimbabwe, I am surprised I even identify as Australian anymore

Nice

so where do you live currently

Australia, it's where my more-or-less permanent home is. But last year I lived in Japan on exchange, year before that I spent about a quarter of the year in Taiwan and Vietnam for reasons I still do not quite understand beyond "it'll be a good experience, your degree doesn't need you to be around all the time"

so um that is my life, I have many stories

simonwolf on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I liked Ashley. It was nice to see a positive traditional religious character in a sci fi game. Religion is usually relegated to weird alien rituals in sci fi. Bioware managed to make the idea of faith really fluid. Wasn't condescending in the least.

Which, you know, makes the whole Jacob thing even more bizzare to me. It's like when they designed Jacob, and decided on the camera angles for Miranda's cut scenes, they raised the spirit of archie bunker to design it.

wut
    you have an issue with jacob's portrayl due to race
    but ashley's xenophobia is cool?

Xenophobia amongst a newly space faring race, while a negative character trait is at the very least understandable. She was also conflicted about this.

Jacob to me was Black Cop out of any modern day police drama, even down to the parent issues.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    I hate his nose. It is piglike.
    Watch out, man. I'm pretty sure that kid can break you in half like a dry twig.

the law will protect me

as it does his bulbous nose and tiny nostrils

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Well with dlc you have Zaheed. Much better. Grandpa was pretty cool.

Prozac: I hated wod for the system, though I played L5R(very similar d10 system) which the system itself was horrible but I liked playing it. I dislike AD&D, but loved 3.0 and 3.5, mostly due to good memories. Haven't tried 4th yet though. I like Shadowrun, but since I play WH40k, my block of d6s is huge already. And man Shadowrun games are just fucking awesome and insane a lot of times.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for AD&D. Sure no one really wanted to play the cleric. And sure, some Psionics were simply game breaking. Still a good time.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Elendil, have you ever had Zevran and Oghren in the party together? It's pretty great.
    Oghren's great with anyone

what a creepy fucker

his skill with a hammer is also very impressive

Playing Awakening, one of the this things he said just made me stop what I was doing and just stare at my screen. Oghren is no longer in my party now.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oh yeah it was totally cronyx

crisys0tr.jpg

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Prozac: I hated wod for the system, though I played L5R(very similar d10 system) which the system itself was horrible but I liked playing it. I dislike AD&D, but loved 3.0 and 3.5, mostly due to good memories. Haven't tried 4th yet though. I like Shadowrun, but since I play WH40k, my block of d6s is huge already. And man Shadowrun games are just fucking awesome and insane a lot of times.

Yeah, it's worth mentioning that oWoD's dice mechanics could go to hell very easily. You'd be rolling d10s, yes, but they could politely be called scaling devil dice at best with how slidy they were.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elendil, have you ever had Zevran and Oghren in the party together? It's pretty great.

what a creepy fucker

Playing Awakening, one of the this things he said just made me stop what I was doing and just stare at my screen. Oghren is no longer in my party now.

was it one of those chats with Justice

dear god

Elendil on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    I never touched the oWoD so I came in with a fresh perspective of the new stuff, which I really like...Excpet Requiem. I knew enough about VtM from playing Bloodlines that I was pissed off so much was different.

I wanted to play a Tremere which as far I can tell don't exist at all in Requiem.
    Yeah, that was my biggest problem was that they restructured Requiem so much compared to Masquerade. I kind of took to it kicking and screaming.

I like Changeling, however. I've not had much experience with Hunter or Mage. I know a bit about oWoD Werewolf, but when someone tried to explain nWoD WW to me I just kind of stared slackjawed and went "Never mind. Can I play a ghoul?"

The Tremere "exist" in the nWoD, except that instead of being sorcerous vampires, they're more like vampiric mages, only they steal souls instead of blood to sustain themselves.

Political structure in Requiem (or anything in the nWoD) can be as intensive or lacking as the group and GameMaster want it to be. If you want a strong Camarilla feel to your city, make it populous with the Invictus. If you want some crazy TrueBlood-esque bayou feel, the Circle of the Crone would be a better fit. It lacks the "ug and play" feel of the setting in the oWoD, but you can tailor it to whatever you want.

oWoD Werewolf > nWoD WW, which isn't to say WW: The Forsaken is poor, it's just that the original setting ewas just so perfect, it's hard to move on.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dog is the best party member.

<3 Dog.

MrMister on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The new Warhammer rulebook is nearly $100.

That's just ridiculous.

nerd tax

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Like, three years?

Listen I have lived in places all over the world, from Iran to Zimbabwe, I am surprised I even identify as Australian anymore

Nice

so where do you live currently

Australia, it's where my more-or-less permanent home is. But last year I lived in Japan on exchange, year before that I spent about a quarter of the year in Taiwan and Vietnam for reasons I still do not quite understand beyond "it'll be a good experience, your degree doesn't need you to be around all the time"

so um that is my life, I have many stories

:^:

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    that boy needs a nose job

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

crisys0tr.jpg

that looks like a fine and upstanding member of society

a right chap who i could let date my daughter without fear of ruffians

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh and Thane=Auron=any other mysterious character

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

crisys0tr.jpg

is that really him?

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    that SNL video made me like the kid who plays jacob way more than I thought it would

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited June 2010

what a creepy fucker

was it one of those chats with Justice

dear god

May have been. I think him staring at the crazy elf's boobs was one of my favorites though.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    In other news I better go clean up my house and get ready to go chop wood all afternoon

Later, [chat]!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Ludious

you

ugh

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also, Rage was a fun card game.

Gonna go all Crinos on your ass.

MrMister on
  • Options
    Duchess ProzacDuchess Prozac Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Well with dlc you have Zaheed. Much better. Grandpa was pretty cool.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for AD&D. Sure no one really wanted to play the cleric. And sure, some Psionics were simply game breaking. Still a good time.

I never got to play AD&D as I couldn't afford the books when I was younger. 3.5 was pretty good as ruleset, although, I found combat too complex. 4 is an abomination, though. It's way too simplified and there's little you can do with just the core books. It's like WoTC are nickle and diming their players with it.

Duchess Prozac on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ludious

you

ugh

We have different opinions, this is OK nerd.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

crisys0tr.jpg

is that really him?

yeah

go read ITT Lesbians in the chatlog it is an important part of forum history

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This riot has gotten me all pissed off. Apparently they've been damaging people's homes in all this. I mean, fuck. Bashing storefronts is bad enough, but you gotta fuck up people's homes too?

I hope they all get shot. They're not even from the city!

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The new Warhammer rulebook is nearly $100.

That's just ridiculous.

WH 40k is expensive. WHFantasy is highway robbery. The game is best enjoyed at higher point levels, so your dropping several hundreds of dollars to do things properly.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the interesting [chat]ter tonight, guys! I'm going to go put myself to bed, however.

See you next thread! Stay excellent! :^:

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    MrMister wrote: »

I never played, but it was pretty. IIRC, players played simultaneously or something?

Man, I miss Netrunner. Best Richard Garfield game ever.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    mind you that picture is "technically of his LARP character"

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=210863&highlight=larp#post210863

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    3.5 was so much easier than AD&D. Its not even funny. But I loved combat. I was able to do anything I wanted with it as gm basically while when a player never really feeling I didn't have a chance(if it was the right challenge level).

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    fedor lost

this ought to be entertaining

Organichu on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I liked Ashley. It was nice to see a positive traditional religious character in a sci fi game. Religion is usually relegated to weird alien rituals in sci fi. Bioware managed to make the idea of faith really fluid. Wasn't condescending in the least.

Which, you know, makes the whole Jacob thing even more bizzare to me. It's like when they designed Jacob, and decided on the camera angles for Miranda's cut scenes, they raised the spirit of archie bunker to design it.

wut

Xenophobia amongst a newly space faring race, while a negative character trait is at the very least understandable. She was also conflicted about this.

Jacob to me was Black Cop out of any modern day police drama, even down to the parent issues.

no way was ashley conflicted
    I personally believe that Humans are the best and superior race, so call me racist if you want.
    it doesn't get any clearer than that
    thats goes beyond 'understandable'

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    MrMister wrote: »

I never played, but it was pretty. IIRC, players played simultaneously or something?

Man, I miss Netrunner. Best Richard Garfield game ever.

Played Netrunner before it died; it was cool but althought I think the fundamental hack v. corporation mechanic was conceptually interesting it also really commercially limited it.

Rage was pretty imba, iirc, but it was also pretty and fun and werewolves!

MrMister on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    itt lesbians is scary

what forum made this

nay, it was not PA.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

wut

no way was ashley conflicted
    I personally believe that Humans are the best and superior race, so call me racist if you want.
    it doesn't get any clearer than that
    thats goes beyond 'understandable'

I never had that conversation tree with her?

Ludious on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mind you that picture is "technically of his LARP character"

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=210863&highlight=larp#post210863

Oh my God. This takes me back.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh hells yes I met Tali already. Things are looking up.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    itt lesbians is scary

what forum made this

nay, it was not PA.

it is classic PA, like the gold standard

Senjutsu on
This discussion has been closed.